Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,158 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations (26213 Views)

Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest / COVID-19: Unvaccinated Civil Servants Allowed Into Offices In Abuja (Photos) / EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Kingsmeal: 9:39pm On Nov 01, 2018
Hundreds of Google employees walked out of their office buildings in protest of the company's handling of sexual harassment allegations against executives.

The Thursday morning protest took place at Google offices around the world. Employees in London, Tokyo, Singapore and Dublin walked out earlier Thursday to protest the tech giant’s reported handling of sexual misconduct allegations.

In some places, the protesting employees used megaphones to express their displeasure at the company's management while showing support for victims of sexual harassment. In others, they stayed inside, gathering in lobbies or conference rooms.

In Chicago, a crowd of more than 200 Google workers flooded out of the office and onto the sidewalk just after 11 a.m. Some carried coffee and chatted with colleagues, and others waved signs that read, "I will not sit idly by," "Not OK, Google" and "Time’s up, tech."

In Sunnyvale, California, hundreds of employees were seen walking out of their office building.
The backlash was prompted by an article in The New York Times last week that revealed that Google had paid millions of dollars in exit packages to male executives accused of harassment, while staying silent about the transgressions.

Watch what they staff did worldwideHERE

https://zenithnaija.com/google-staff-walk-out-of-their-offices-in-protest-over-excos-sexual-harassment-allegations/

1 Like

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by NwaAmaikpe: 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
shocked

It's really hard to please women.
You go too fast, they cry.
You go too slow, they nag.

Google has dismissed offenders but they are not satisfied because Google has not made an official comment on it.
How more confused can these broads be?

For Google to dismiss erring staff means the organization won't condone any form of sexual harassment.

Some things are best left undone, some words are better left unspoken and some wounds better left unopened.

No organization will be proud to come out in public to tell the world they have perverts as staff.
Likewise, some victims want the memory of their abuse refreshed.

If you want the abuse to be talked about, then do it yourself because Google will lose the trust of users like myself who wonders why they turn on "safe search" by default on my browsers when they have perverts amongst them.

211 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Deivid10(m): 7:16am On Nov 02, 2018
This one too na problem
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by SleakBuzzPR: 7:16am On Nov 02, 2018
Googlessssss

10 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by hucienda: 7:16am On Nov 02, 2018
They've dismissed the erring staff. What else do they want Google to do again?

This is one of the many after-effects of excessive liberalism.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by jaxxy(m): 7:16am On Nov 02, 2018
I heard google already sacked sm staffs including sm top execs based on allegations from as far back as 2013. So wats the complain now?

Sexual harassment is completely wrong.. However cases must be properly, transparently and fairly investigated cos sm women use such cases just to get back at men who probably never actually harassed them.

Sm of these white ladies can be manipulative and have their own hidden agenda in such situations.

24 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by 3rdavefarms(m): 7:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Oga oo
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Imustreturn(m): 7:17am On Nov 02, 2018
grin
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by qanda: 7:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by kimnicki(f): 7:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Lol..walk out of your office in Nigeria to protest and see if you still have a job after that

19 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Lol cool
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by CarGuideNG: 7:17am On Nov 02, 2018
#MeToo
VIN Checks and reports for car owners and buyers in signature.
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by 3rdavefarms(m): 7:18am On Nov 02, 2018
For the first time in 2018.....

grin
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Nwaohafia1: 7:18am On Nov 02, 2018
They are lucky they are not in Nigeria. They would have walked out of their jobs that day.

Oyibos really understand "injury to one, is injury all" slogan.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by wizkidblogger(f): 7:18am On Nov 02, 2018
men and the d**k sha..

1 Like

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 02, 2018
That was how someone hugged a female co-worker, felt the corset she was wearing, complimented her and said "Nice shape"... uncle was queried..

5 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by niskill: 7:19am On Nov 02, 2018
Hmmn...
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by bugidon(m): 7:19am On Nov 02, 2018
Edodefender:
mumu
onuku

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by damola1: 7:20am On Nov 02, 2018
D**k... disgracing boys since Adam n eve

3 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Bsmartt(m): 7:20am On Nov 02, 2018
I am expecting to see Google Nigeria protesting but.......maybe some people are afraid of losing their job. I know the job of these guys protesting is safe and secure unlike...........

1 Like

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 02, 2018
bugidon:
onuku
ewê dan

1 Like

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Pavore9: 7:21am On Nov 02, 2018
"The backlash was prompted by an article in The New York Times last week that revealed that Google had paid millions of dollars in exit packages to male executives accused of harassment, while staying silent about the transgressions".........I guess that is what really irked them!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Nwaohafia1: 7:21am On Nov 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It's really hard to please women.
You go too fast, they cry.
You go too slow, they nag.

Google has dismissed offenders but they are not satisfied because Google has not made an official comment on it.
How more confused can these broads be?

For Google to dismiss erring staff means the organization won't condone any form of sexual harassment.

Some things are best left undone, some words are better left unspoken and some wounds better left unopened.

No organization will be proud to come out in public to tell the world they have perverts as staff.
Likewise, some victims want the memory of their abuse refreshed.

If you want the abuse to be talked about, then do it yourself because Google will lose the trust of users like myself who wonders why they turn on "safe search" by default on my browsers when they have perverts amongst them.

How you know what to say in every post baffles me grin grin

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by goshen26: 7:21am On Nov 02, 2018
I trust my naija pipu, if you try such with any employer here your job is already waving goodbye at u
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by ollah2: 7:23am On Nov 02, 2018
Nwaohafia1:

That's how to know a smart, brilliant and intelligent person

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by TINTINABULATION(m): 7:24am On Nov 02, 2018
if it were to be Nigeria, while they are protesting on the street over sexual assault, our slay Mamas & even the SU sisters are removing their pants somewhere to get the job.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by fasho01(m): 7:27am On Nov 02, 2018
Nwaohafia1:

Honestly. The guy just amazes me. Got to give it to him..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by oshaosha2014(m): 7:28am On Nov 02, 2018
Companies will be careful employing females now. Maybe when we have only males employed this nonsense protest everywhere will stop. How can you have men and women working in the same place and you think things like this will not happen?? I believe men are sexually harassed daily but you won’t hear a thing. The weakest make the loudest noise though. Later they will come out and be saying nonsense about them being equal to men. Please tell me HOW??

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Sincinnati: 7:28am On Nov 02, 2018
Edodefender:
mumu
Read to the finish, don’t be too quick to curse.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Onlinealaba(m): 7:29am On Nov 02, 2018
Issa serious something, well let's hear more update

check my siggy, get your electronics, SMART TVs and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Company Forces Chinese Employees To Drink Toilet Water For Not Meeting Target / 8 Simple Ways To Discover Your Talent / University Graduate Who Is A Puff Puff Seller (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.