Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,666 members, 7,854,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures (21136 Views)

Ex-Gov Yari Lands In London Hospital After Losing Senate Presidency To Akpabio / Ogun Police Arrest Herdsman With AK-47 Rifle After Kidnap Operations (pic) / Wike: Policeman In Mufti Blocked My Convoy With AK-47 Rifle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by paix(m): 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2018
They're Indirectly trying to enrich the people that perpetrate evil in the community. You can imagine, the governors that can not pay salaries but they are here buying one AK-47 for one million naira. Nigerian politicians though.
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2018
This one is indirectly arming them the more. If a criminal returns a gun and you give him money to buy two more guns, who lost?
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by Skseries: 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2018
Mankosi:
Ak 47 is about 3m
oh! Reli my bad. I apologize
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by frowland(m): 4:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
FriendNG:
One million is too much, they will use it and buy more weapons. Instead empower them with skills and give them the one million inform of commodity to start a business.

Nice idea!
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 02, 2018
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by Dom2020: 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2018
This clown, you can't afford 30k wage for workers but you are ready to pay terrorists 1m.
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by Jointhemiltons2(m): 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2018
FriendNG:
One million is too much, they will use it and buy more weapons. Instead empower them with skills and give them the one million inform of commodity to start a business.
Lol it’s funny people think he’ll give you one million for one gun. Once you return the gun you’ll be tagged a terrorist and jailed,whether you picked the gun from the dustbin or not.
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by Yankee101: 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2018
Una stupid sha.

That amount will buy 3 new ones. Yeye dey smell
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2018
Blue3k:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/return-one-illegal-ak-47-rifle-collect-n1m-gov-yari-assures/

Front page: Lalasticlala

Nonsense.. An AK47 is way less than that on the black market.. Bring every illegal AK and get 100 grand sounds more reasonable.
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2018
Blue3k:
I guess this guy has never heard of the cobra effect. He's offering double what the guns are worth. Criminals will probably cash in then buy more guns and ammo.

DDGN
really good point
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by doskie(m): 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2018
Blue3k:
I guess this guy has never heard of the cobra effect. He's offering double what the guns are worth. Criminals will probably cash in then buy more guns and ammo.

DDGN
very true.
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by maasoap(m): 5:59pm On Nov 02, 2018
TheSorrowfulMan:

They know what they are doing, that's how they fund terrorism

Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai paid jihadists in Kaduna

Trash
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2018
Return 1 Illegal Ak47 And Enter S A R S Matter
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by nkemjacob2(m): 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2018
This is the sort of person u called ur leader. And the average Nigerians keep voting this person and yet u want change in the society.

How r u sure, he is not a sponsorer to terrorist, and several attacks in the country
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by leonard002(m): 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2018
To submit AK 47 no be issue... You gat to explain to the police how you got the rifle
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by Hotzone(m): 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2018
Best way to expose criminal
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by michaelwilli(m): 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2018
Blue3k:

DDGN
U mean 4ple the worth? Those guns are pretty cheap
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by DAVE1010(m): 6:23am On Nov 03, 2018
This is a silly move, what was he thinking before making such a pronouncement? Is he using this means to campaign for himself?
Pls Mr governor, do the right thing, most countries of the world would have been bankrupt if they had adopted this ur move.
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by deksm19: 6:25am On Nov 03, 2018
shit
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by orisa37: 7:27am On Nov 03, 2018
You can't pay minimum wage but can give common criminal N1m for one AK47? Reduce the offer to N100'000= per gun.
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by zinkli: 7:40pm On Jan 14, 2019
Why there's such a crave for the Ak-47, I don't get it. There're ton riffles you can obtain way easier and some has almost equal fire power. Check it here https://opticsboss.com.
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by Kamanuozuzu: 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2019
1. What if Police catch me on my way?

2. 1m will buy me another AK47. So, it actually makes so much economic sense for me. Will return, collect 1m, then, go buy myself a brand new one. I go still get change.

These guys reason via their anuses. Nigeria is indeed a Zoo - populated by baboons and monkeys.
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by Jakumo(m): 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2019
Currently in the US gun market, AK variants average $700 USD each. Today's exchange rate is 350 naira to the US dollar, making the cost per rifle 245 thousand naira apiece, or FOUR rifles to a million Nigerian naira.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/long-guns/ak-47-for-sale/

In the war-torn Democratic Republic of Congo, AK rifles are dirt cheap at the equivalent of $100 apiece, which is 35 thousand naira per rifle. By choosing to buy AK rifles in the Congo, rather than in the US, a whopping 28 rifles can be bought for one million naira.

Potentially therefore, a smuggler bringing in AK rifles from the Congo can raise enough capital to buy 28 MORE rifles, simply by selling ONE rifle to the generous and slow-witted governor who is currently proposing a one-million naira buy-back price per AK47 rifle.

I hear the Congo is nice this time of year, so a visit there might be in order, simply to enjoy the sights of that impoverished and war-ravaged nation, where great wealth can be amassed with a little creativity and stealth.

God breast Nigeria. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by lastempero: 9:19pm On Jan 14, 2019
Stupid ppl,how much dey come dey sell ak 47 for market.
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by IamAtikulate: 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
This is how they fund terrorism. Las las their people go still die.
Re: Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures by IamAtikulate: 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2019
Jakumo:
Currently in the US gun market, AK variants average $700 USD each. Today's exchange rate is 350 naira to the US dollar, making the cost per rifle 245 thousand naira apiece, or FOUR rifles to a million Nigerian naira.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/long-guns/ak-47-for-sale/

In the war-torn Democratic Republic of Congo, AK rifles are dirt cheap at the equivalent of $100 apiece, which is 35 thousand naira per rifle. By choosing to buy AK rifles in the Congo, rather than in the US, a whopping 28 rifles can be bought for one million naira.

Potentially therefore, a smuggler bringing in AK rifles from the Congo can raise enough capital to buy 28 MORE rifles, simply by selling ONE rifle to the generous and slow-witted governor who is currently proposing a one-million naira buy-back price per AK47 rifle.

I hear the Congo is nice this time of year, so a visit there might be in order, simply to enjoy the sights of that impoverished and war-ravaged nation, where great wealth can be amassed with a little creativity and stealth.

God breast Nigeria. Amen.
That womb wey born you, God go bless am well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VP Shettima Made Governor Abiodun & Amosun Shake Each Other / Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget / » Fuel Subsidy: I Won’t Step Down – Alison-madueke | Vanguard Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.