Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election (3784 Views)

2023: Atiku Selfish, Fled To Dubai After 2019 Poll, Can't Be Trusted - Afegbua / I Won't Contest Elections Again After 2019 - Buhari / Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by OEPHIUS(m): 4:18am On Nov 02, 2018

The Enugu State Government has denied the rumour making the rounds that it plans to ban the operation of tricycles in the state, popularly known as “Keke”, after the 2019 general election, stating that “there is no iota of truth in it”.
In a statement by the state’s Commissioner for Transport, Vitus Okechi, the state government described the allegation as “false and baseless”, stressing that “there is no such plan”.
The commissioner disclosed that “the state government has implicit confidence in the leadership and membership of the Association of Tricycle Riders Transport Union in Enugu State”, adding that it “has continued to enjoy a cordial working relationship with them as
partners in the development of the state.”
The government therefore, stated that it will empower the tricycle operators more “after the 2019 general election in line with the policy thrust of the administration”, and urged “the public to discountenance the said rumour as there is no iota of truth in it”.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/293689-enugu-govt-denies-planning-to-ban-tricycles-after-2019-election.html
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by shutto: 4:22am On Nov 02, 2018
Hhmmm...I don't trust government on this issue
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by deebrain(m): 4:22am On Nov 02, 2018
Hmmm

shutto:
Hhmmm

Are you kidding me?

I was here first!
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by ChewingStick(m): 4:22am On Nov 02, 2018
blast
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by chosenboy777(m): 4:23am On Nov 02, 2018
FTC. glory to jah.

they had better not ban it
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by shutto: 4:27am On Nov 02, 2018
deebrain:
Hmmm

Are you kidding me?

I was here first!

Lol..I came first
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by Atikusadvocate: 4:33am On Nov 02, 2018
While I was sleeping, I saw the heavens open and a long massive brown rod with a heavenly oily hand around it came out of the sky and after vigorous up and down movement, spurt out whitish liquid onto the land and from it, arose with a man who is said to be Adam, the progenitor of man.
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by ipobarethieves: 5:12am On Nov 02, 2018
sad make dey sha dey watch and pray.Nah so Oga Fashola chased Okada
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by JasonScoolari: 5:33am On Nov 02, 2018
Same thing Okezie Ikeazu is planning to do in Abia state.
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by jesse8048(m): 5:46am On Nov 02, 2018
Lol, they are denying it cos election is close, they don't wanna Bleep things up. If you're Keke rider, repairer, parts seller, you need to start building your alternative immediately.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by Kennedy94(m): 6:23am On Nov 02, 2018
they want to cause joblessness again since they can't create one.

btc available...check my siggy below
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by Lucifer66(m): 6:50am On Nov 02, 2018
They should ban keke and provide taxi's to those who have passed a driving test with an instructor.
This will help to avoid joblessness even though a fee dozens of these cows won't pass the first test.
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by joycluv: 7:26am On Nov 02, 2018
What is that to people in Eha- Alumona, Lejja and some other places dat the Raffle draw gov.has denied access roads in the state.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by chinedumoooo: 8:18am On Nov 02, 2018
In every rumour, there is atom of truth.they still enough time to look for alternative,if you care.
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by Tinalex(f): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2018
I don't want to believe gburugburu gave it a thought sef
Re: Enugu Govt Denies Planning To Ban Tricycles After 2019 Election by hemlock0(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2018
Atikusadvocate:
While I was sleeping, I saw the heavens open and a long massive brown rod with a heavenly oily hand around it came out of the sky and after vigorous up and down movement, spurt out whitish liquid onto the land and from it, arose with a man who is said to be Adam, the progenitor of man.
lol... Guy. You don kill me with laugh this morning. Na who get the rod; you mean say Baba follow for vaseline crew. My hand no dey o

(1) (Reply)

The Current State Of MKO Abiola Stadium In Abuja (photos) / Anyone Saying Northerners Will Pick Atiku Over Tinubu Is Talking Rubbish –Junaid / Twitter: Twitter Tech Team Versus Nigeria Tech Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.