Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha (56770 Views)

Ganduje, Akpabio, Others, Visit Governor Okorocha At People's House, Owerri / Governor Okorocha Gives $25,000 To Miracle, BBNaija Winner. Fulfills Promise / APC Reveals Where It Has Placed Governor Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Limitednow: 10:53am On Nov 02, 2018
Rochas Okorocha, outgoing governor of Imo State, has said if President Muhammadu Buhari can be the Nigerian leader today then his Son-in-law, Uche Nwosu, should be allowed to be the next governor of Imo State.

Mr Okorocha stated this on Thursday after meeting with Mr Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The governor whose tenure winds down next year has been leading a front-line battle to ensure Mr Nwosu succeeds him in office.

The move has thrown the state chapter of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) into chaos with the national leadership of the party.

It has also led to several governorship primaries of the APC being conducted in the state, pitching Mr Okorocha against Adams Oshiomhole, the national chairman of the party.

The governor said two gubernatorial primaries conducted in the state was won by Nwosu and other candidates of the party but the national leadership have shortchanged the winners with their preferred candidates.

“The truth is that APC holds it as a point of duty and honour to declare winners of election and anything short of that will not go down well with the people and the history of APC in Nigeria and I beg to disagree with those who try to change the issue from what it is,” Okorocha said.

“So people are trying to change the truth but that is not going to work.

“APC must remain APC and our party’s NWC holds it as a point of duty to defend the integrity for which APC is known.

“Anything short of that will amount to self-destruction of the party.

“So when people try to change the narrative and to say Governors are bad losers, the governors want to impose people, excuse me, democracy is about the people.

“If the people have spoken, who are you to change what the people have said?

“Buhari is a President today because the people spoke and if Buhari can be a President because people spoke, then the party must respect that and allow the voice of the people to prevail in whatever election and avoid sentiments.

“The campaign they try to put forward is that Uche Nwosu can’t go because he is Okorocha’s son-in-law and I say to them, has Uche Nwosu gone contrary to any section of the Nigerian constitution?

“Nobody has been able to give an answer to that.

“Nobody has come forward to say that the young man is a criminal or that he is corrupt or does not have capacity.

“It is not just enough to sit back in Abuja and be talking.

“They should come to the state to understand the feelings of the people down home.

“That’s the point am making so my advice to our party is that our party should sit up and do the right thing and not allow the people get misled,” he said.

Advising Oshiomhole to maintain the self-acclaimed integrity for which he was voted for, Okorocha said failure to do so will means there is no difference between the APC and other opposition parties in the country.

“So I want to advice those behind this to stop forthwith and it is a directive that they should stop forthwith so that this party can enjoy that name that it is known for as a party of justice, equity and fairness.

“If not, there is no difference between this party and any other party in Nigeria.

“Ninety per cent of those who have joined APC in the last two months are doing so not because they love APC.

Dismissing reports making round that he was warning up to leave the party as rumor, the governor exonerated Buhari of claims that he was backing what was going on in APC.

“The option of leaving the party has not come to my mind.

“APC is my party.

“In 2011 when this party was called Boko Haram and Islamisation party, where were these people?

“Nobody gave us a chance that APC was going to win the 2015 election.

“So what makes you think that we are going to leave the party for those that came through the back door and are being given a voice by the National Chairman of our party?

“All you hear is rumour everywhere that they are backed by the Presidency, that Rochas should take one position and leave the other one as if we are sharing groundnut, but I tell them I have met the President and he told me he never said to anybody to impose a wrong candidate or to remove the name of anybody and change it with another in whatever guise.”

Source: https://www.ngpolitics.com/buhari-president-son-in-law-allowed-governor-okorocha/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by cosby02(m): 10:55am On Nov 02, 2018
This guy is running mad sha.

381 Likes 21 Shares

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Strangebuttrue(m): 10:57am On Nov 02, 2018
NICE ONE , OKOROCHA

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 02, 2018
Oga . Nobody said your son in law can’t be governor.
I thought he actually won the first primaries . But I just found out it was massively rigged in his favour

171 Likes 8 Shares

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Limitednow: 10:59am On Nov 02, 2018
grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Limitednow: 11:00am On Nov 02, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 02, 2018
when dis man speaks u cant just stop wondering what he was high on

212 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Oluwadare: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2018
No one is denying the fact that you have paid your due in APC and hence you deserve certain respect in the scheming of things within the party program. However, your demeanor of you and you only have the whole right to the benefit of the party in your state is something that have to be checked.
Mr. Governor, just take a walk around only you, and by so doing, you might be able to think straight again and see the danger of your stance as every one can see.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by NDdking: 11:17am On Nov 02, 2018
I am happy the man is running mad now ;DI am happy the man is running mad now

77 Likes

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Kingosytex(m): 11:24am On Nov 02, 2018
okorocha is gradually running mad, greed has clouded his sense of reasoning. he wants to be the "tinubu" of imo

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Racoon(m): 11:56am On Nov 02, 2018
So what is Rochas waiting for Then go ahead and put him there.Mad man.Onye iberibe! angry

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by gurunlocker: 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2018
This man is in so much pain. I guess he has a lot to cover up, that's why he is desperate to have his SIL as the governor.

27 Likes

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Omeokachie: 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2018
Is he saying that if someone as clueless and as incompetent as Buhari could be president, why can't his son in-law? grin

202 Likes 11 Shares

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Limitednow: 12:29pm On Nov 02, 2018
Omeokachie:
Is he saying that if someone as clueless and as incompetent as Buhari could be president, why can't his son in-law? grin

Exactly grin

This is the MOST fraudulent government in the history of this country.

130 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by nelcliff(m): 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2018
Okorocha I command you to say all that you know about the evil party called APC.

FYI: Your time start now..

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by annnikky(f): 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2018
Akpukwala gi taa cheesy

Mr okoro is trying to protect himself from being probe from another governor come next year buh he will not run away from it cos he will have to give account of all the status he erected in imo state undecided

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by dynicks(m): 1:10pm On Nov 02, 2018
Omeokachie:
are u thinking what m thinking?......someone is indirectly shaking tables........breeze don dey use style dey blow

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by jericco1(m): 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2018
you're a SORE LOSER. period!

5 Likes

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by pahen1991: 1:59pm On Nov 02, 2018
I doubt if this man knows the meaning of justice equity and fairness.

3 Likes

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by gotnel: 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2018
Too much desperation. Something is wrong about this Okorocha desperate for his son in law.
Our politicians are getting more greedier in their quest for power.
Now trying to make the sit of government looking like a family affair.
Uche Nwosu is very qualified for the position of governor of IMO STATE.
But this particular ambition of Okorocha is putting serious dent on Uche chances.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by punisha: 2:56pm On Nov 02, 2018
My own is that they should keep a chain handy and eyes on him.

With the way this man is going, he might pull his clothes and soon start roaming the streets.

This isn't funny any more.

17 Likes

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by speedyGonzales: 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2018
Omeokachie:
Yes that's what he is saying, funny isn't it! They know, among themselves! grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Gandollar(f): 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2018
4601CE:
I thought he actually won the first primaries . But I just found out it was massively rigged in his favour
Rochas knows, that's why he's wondering why buhari who was massively rigged into office could become president while his in-law cannot.

4 Likes

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2018
Gandollar:
Rochas knows, that's why he's wondering why if buhari who was massively rigged into office could become president while his in-law cannot.
Massively rigged?
Dude
Fuck_ off!

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Gandollar(f): 4:10pm On Nov 02, 2018
Omeokachie:
Beeniii...one hundred dollar bill for you jaweh!

11 Likes

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by SarkinYarki: 4:10pm On Nov 02, 2018
Is he saying his son inlaw is also an impotent brain dead dullard?

14 Likes

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by Gandollar(f): 4:12pm On Nov 02, 2018
4601CE:

Massively rigged?
Dude
Fuck_ off!
For barking like chinakwe, no dollar tip for your lunch.

15 Likes

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by mytime24(f): 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2018
Mr iberiberism don kolo cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by boss1310(m): 4:41pm On Nov 02, 2018
why is he so hell bent on his in-law becoming the governor

6 Likes

Re: If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha by PureMe01: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2018
4601CE:
when there is confusion in the camp of your enemies,this is exactly how uncouth they become to one another.may ur enemies never escape such treacherous games amongst themselves

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People / Buhari Danced In Ibadan! (video) / Tinubu Wins Six LGs In Katsina, Atiku Gets One So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.