Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,749 members, 7,831,395 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike (23426 Views)

Lagos State Labour Party Secures Court Order Compelling INEC To Transmit Results / Court Refuses To Stop Labour Party's Presidential Rally In Lagos / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by kokakola: 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2018
Where did we get it wrong as a Nation?

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by pejuakinab: 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2018
Who cares, the only way labour can press for their demand is strike.
If the judge no wan die on this issue, he better not sign any stupid injunction.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by okonyia(m): 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2018
I am not in support of strike, but our government is taking the workers for granted. President,governors,both senet, house of reps,and all those in position are killing this great nation. Every one of their salaries should come down to #22,500. And every one will be happy. What a morden slavery is this. They will use court to stop labour from going on srike,while busy collecting every kobo that cross their way. This is slavery, workers pay their tax, and not enjoy anything from the government that is full of Lies. God please help us and send every one of them to grave so we could enjoy full and total democracy in Nigeria
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by symbianDON(m): 1:34pm On Nov 03, 2018
wicked people!! pay minimum wage, dem de go bring court injunction....na injunction we go chop?? when sinators and the snaky reps were increasing their salaries why didn't we hear of court injunction??

4 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by WOCKHARDI(m): 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2018
Let's see how Buhari will enforce the "Court Order" if the NLC goes ahead with the planned strike. After all, according to the president, "some court orders should not be obeyed". This is also one of them.

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by oyejideogunjumo: 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2018
kgr8mike:
Looking at this whole thing, NLC is going on strike for the wrong reasons.

Nigeria under the present administrative setting cannot pay N30000 minimum wage. Some states are owing N18000 & u are demanding N30000

NLC should go on strike for restructuring and resource control - true Federalism.

It is only when States control their resources that each state can set what their minimum wage will be. Many states are not viable while others are, so you don't expect the minimum wage to be the same. States should then pay according to their income line.

Whether we believe it or not Nigeria should have a weak centre and strong states. Nobody believes in today's Nigeria because the system encourages corruption. Nobody is a Nigerian but each of us can identify with our respective states and grow it if we control our resources.

NLC should do the needful - should go on strike for restructuring and resource control. That will be the NLC I will support. The NLC that goes on strike for the right reasons.
The govs who are owing are deliberately doing it.Do they owe their own salaries or their cabinets salaries? If 30,000 is approved it will be 30,000*12=360,000 in a year multiply it by 35 years of a serving civil servant it will be 12,600,000(twelve million and six hundred thousand naira) in a life time which less than what senator gets in a month. Haba!
This salary review was due on 2016 what are they waiting for? Their child can not have 30,000 in his pocket in a day and claim to have money. Their dogs feed more than 30000 in a day.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by Josnac(m): 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
Shameless and insensitive govt..imagine flogging a child and telling him not to cry.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by jumpandpas(m): 2:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
tesppidd:
Look at them above, children of hate.

As if Jonathan and Obj never disobeyed any single court order!
As if we have ever had an African President who never violated a single court order!

Four the past 4 years it was always

"How can a 72 year old man be presiding over us"

Now that they have gone & brought out a 72 year old Atiku they have turned Buhari to 87 years old within 2 months!

80 percent of the populace cursing the leaders are actually worse than them!

90 percent of the populace cursing the leaders would do worse than them!

Stinking hypocrites!

They have wailed since that fateful day Orubebe passed them the barton.

They will wail on until 2023.

Shut up already.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by israelmao(m): 2:21pm On Nov 03, 2018
Cunning government.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by DanDeeBoss(m): 2:22pm On Nov 03, 2018
Common minimum wage increase from 18,000 to 50,000 is difficult ... Chaii Nigeria need help aswear..... NASS own worst sef....grin
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by Seunnzy(m): 2:22pm On Nov 03, 2018
tesppidd:

As if we have ever had an African President who never violated a single court order!

Now that they have gone & brought out a 72 year old Atiku they have turned Buhari to 87 years old within 2 months!

Stinking hypocrites!

I wish say u get sense

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by Tinalex(f): 2:25pm On Nov 03, 2018
FG brought an injunction before the court to bar NLC from strike on grounds of "public interest". We are the public and we say "no to the fake interest of ours that you have at heart to bar NLC from the strike". FG did not see paying of the 30k minimum wage to be of public interest but its to keep enslaving the civil servants and deny them their right of welfare through bar of strike that is sacrosant to public welfare shey? Idiots!!! Just watch as they will now use this to implement the NO WORK NO PAY RULE THEY HAVE BEEN STYLISHLY SAYING JUST TO DESTROY THE VERACITY OF THE NLC STRIKE!!

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by tomdon(m): 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2018
Instead of this idiots to pay the workers, they prefer to seek injunction against the strike. 30k is unaffordable for them yet they live in opulence using the Commonwealth of the country
Sai daura 2019

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2018
kgr8mike:

Nigeria under the present administrative setting cannot pay N30000 minimum wage. Some states are owing N18000 & u are demanding N30000

NLC should go on strike for restructuring and resource control - true Federalism.

It is only when States control their resources that each state can set what their minimum wage will be. Many states are not viable while others are, so you don't expect the minimum wage to be the same. States should then pay according to their income line.

Whether we believe it or not Nigeria should have a weak centre and strong states. Nobody believes in today's Nigeria because the system encourages corruption. Nobody is a Nigerian but each of us can identify with our respective states and grow it if we control our resources.

NLC should do the needful - should go on strike for restructuring and resource control. That will be the NLC I will support. The NLC that goes on strike for the right reasons.

Ya, they are owning workers salaries of 18000 minimum wage. But the question is, why are they owning workers? Is it that the 18000 naira minimum wage is too much for them to pay or they are embezzling the fund. Cause for me, i believe is because of fund embezzlement and mismanagement that is why they are owning workers salaries, not because 18000 naira minimum wage is too much.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by osuofia2(m): 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2018
tesppidd:

Stinking hypocrites!

You are senseless...so because other African leaders are disobeying court orders the lifeless one too should do same, sometimes I regret sharing this world with zombies like you. Was it not in 2014 the dullard was promising us change. So what is different from him and past govt.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by fortunejum: 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2018
kgr8mike:

Who told you they cannot pay 30k ? But the same governors have billions of naira including assets. Where do they get the money.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by tesppidd: 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2018
osuofia2:

You are senseless...so because other African leaders are disobeying court orders the lifeless one too should do same, sometimes I regret sharing this world with zombies like you. Was it not in 2014 the dullard was promising us change. So what is different from him and past govt.
Your moniker tells what you are,

A joke!

Don't even try to change the narrative.

For foolish wailers like you Buhari is the only president who has ever disobeyed a court order.

Get off me, your IQ is too low.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by RichardKajola(m): 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2018
oyejideogunjumo:
The govs who are owing are deliberately doing it.Do they owe their own salaries or their cabinets salaries? If 30,000 is approved it will be 30,000*12=360,000 in a year multiply it by 35 years of a serving civil servant it will be 12,600,000(twelve million and six hundred thousand naira) in a life time which less than what senator gets in a month. Haba!
This salary review was due on 2016 what are they waiting for? Their child can not have 30,000 in his pocket in a day and claim to have money. Their dogs feed more than 30000 in a day.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by debaj10: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2018
tesppidd:

Stinking hypocrites!

omo, c my amazement shocked

u jus tun bak giv d topic, com leav road, dey run enta bush!

shu!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2018
AND PLEASE(TUC NLC) IN YOUR DEFENCE DONT FORGET TO ADD THAT YOU PEOPLE ONLY SEEK FOR AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN'S SALARY TO BE 50,000 YET THE TYRANTS IN THE PARLIAMENT WONT APPROVED OF IT THOUGH THEY ARE FEW THEY ROBS THE NATION OF MORE THAN 25% OF OUR BUDGET WITH SOME GETTING HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS ILLEGALLY IN A MONTH HA MAKE UNA NO WORRY OGUN IS WATCHING YOU

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by Ofunaofu: 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2018
Black market injunction

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by Daeylar(f): 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2018
This is quite funny, a court order?
I don't understand this government sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by ICEKIZZY: 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2018
Court order doesn't stand in naija again
Wen d so called leaders dnt value d court order is it d labour force??
FG shd jst gv dem what dy wnt afta all dy r nt askin 4 a free moni dy wnt der pay to rise for at least better living

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by ICEKIZZY: 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2018
Court orders doesn't stand in naija again
D so Caled leaders hav open d floor for DAT
So 4gt d court n implement dy rights

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by chinedumoooo: 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2018
To analyze this issue drastically, the NLC should shield their sword and have a concrete agreement with the federal government and the state governor because it is obvious the state governor can not comply with the workers on #30,000 insist monthly salary since their find difficult to pay #18,000.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by DEADALIVE: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
kgr8mike:

Whether we believe it or not Nigeria should have a weak centre and strong states. Nobody believes in today's Nigeria because the system encourages corruption. Nobody is a Nigerian but each of us can identify with our respective states and gro
w it if we control our resources.

Nice piece you have written but my conscience will do me more harm if I do not butress your point... sir, it will interest you to know that weather restructuring or division of centralized power as you have suggested will give good governance or grant more benefit to the citizens I quite disagree as the solution to the nation. A country that does not value its labour force rather sees it as a tool to achieving power is always bound to retrogress in all ramifications.
How can the executive arm of government, legislative arm and judicial arm officials elected or appointed have refused to embrace austerity in their salaries and allowance by 50% so that the excessiveness and frivolous stupendous spending on inconsequential items and materials will be mitigated and the other 50% should be channeled into the economy power availability and durable maintainability infrastructure.
let me not bore u much sir, you will agree with me that if politics is not financially attractive in Africa most of the leaders would have focused full time in running their businesses Nigeria most inclusively.
thanks....your intuitive observation is welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by kgr8mike(m): 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2018
fortunejum:

Who told you they cannot pay 30k ? But the same governors have billions of naira including assets. Where do they get the money.

Because the system allows them to steal. It is a system thing

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by omoranmilowo: 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2018
FG do the needy instead of court order.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike by kgr8mike(m): 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2018
DEADALIVE:

Nice piece you have written but my conscience will do me more harm if I do not butress your point... sir, it will interest you to know that weather restructuring or division of centralized power as you have suggested will give good governance or grant more benefit to the citizens I quite disagree as the solution to the nation. A country that does not value its labour force rather sees it as a tool to achieving power is always bound to retrogress in all ramifications.
How can the executive arm of government, legislative arm and judicial arm officials elected or appointed have refused to embrace austerity in their salaries and allowance by 50% so that the excessiveness and frivolous stupendous spending on inconsequential items and materials will be mitigated and the other 50% should be channeled into the economy power availability and durable maintainability infrastructure.
let me not bore u much sir, you will agree with me that if politics is not financially attractive in Africa most of the leaders would have focused full time in running their businesses Nigeria most inclusively.
thanks....your intuitive observation is welcome.

You have spoken well. But the problem with Nigeria is the structure. The structure made government attractive. That's why we are calling for restructuring. If we restructure, States that are not viable may probably merge with others or we restructure to regions. But the whole idea is resource control. When each region or state controls their resources they can be in a better position to set what their minimum wage would be. All states should not have the same minimum wage because here as in natural parlance all fingers are not equal. Lagos of course because of good IGR will pay better than most states so the onus will be on the administrators of government of states to see governance as business and do all they could to maximize it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger Coupists: Nigeria Would Have Been Affected If We Didn’t Take Over / Picture: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Congratulates Muhammadu Buhari - The Sun. / Governor Dapo Abiodun Celebrates His Father, Emmanuel Adesanya's 89th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.