Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,348 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf (16577 Views)

Usman Yusuf: Why 2023 Elections Won’t Hold / Buhari Sacks Usman Yusuf As NHIS Boss, Appoints Sambo Replacement / Usman Yusuf And Police Stormed NHIS Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by 5Ebiscoo: 7:45am On Nov 03, 2018
Usman Yusuf, Executive Secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), has claimed that he was suspended for refusing to release N975million to the Ministry of Health.

Yusuf stated this on Friday when he appeared before the House of Representatives panel investigating his suspension.

The NHIS governing board recently suspended him, after accusing him of financial infractions and abuse of office.

Addressing the house committee in Abuja, Yusuf alleged the panel that investigated him was bribed.

He said his “refusal” to grant the request from the Health ministry “led to the setting up of a panel to probe me.”

“And the panel delivered as the panelists were given N19 million, even the security too were given money,” he said.

Asked whether he has any evidence, Yusuf responded in the affirmative, saying, “I even have documented evidence of how the money was shared”.

Yusuf also revealed that the day the governing board announced his suspension, was the day he was meant to present a report on the violation of the public procurement processes at the agency.

“Why was I suspended on October 18 and not 19th of October? The 18th of October was the day I was going to present a result of the forensic audit of the activities of HMOs.

“Eighteenth of October was nothing but preemptive coup at the NHIS. It was a gang up to stop my fight against corruption.

“These are all allegations that have been recycled. They were all investigated by the ICPC and EFCC; and they found nothing and I was cleared. They wrote to me clearing me,” he said.

Yusuf denied illegally awarding contracts at will at the agency, but admitted that a company owned by his brother, Mohammed Kabir-Yar’Adua, was awarded a N406million contract at the agency.

He insisted that the company won the contract through due process in 2016.

On his part, the Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole, insisted that Yusuf was justly indicted of corrupt practices.

Adewole, represented by Permanent Secretary at the ministry, Abdulaziz Abdulahi, insisted that cases of financial infractions were established against the NHIS executive secretary.

“All the allegations levelled against him are 100 per cent correct,” Abdullahi said.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/11/i-was-suspended-for-refusing-to-release.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by ourfather: 7:53am On Nov 03, 2018
ThIS BUHARI REGIME IS INTERESTING..

Anybody that get sacked or verbally attacked claims he was fighting kwarruption.

THis kwarruption must be a strong man

64 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by serverconnect(m): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2018
Corrupt government.

13 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by nabegibeg: 7:54am On Nov 03, 2018
5Ebiscoo:
Usman Yusuf, Executive Secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), has claimed that he was suspended for refusing to release N975million to the Ministry of Health.

Yusuf stated this on Friday when he appeared before the House of Representatives panel investigating his suspension.

The NHIS governing board recently suspended him, after accusing him of financial infractions and abuse of office.

Addressing the house committee in Abuja, Yusuf alleged the panel that investigated him was bribed.

He said his “refusal” to grant the request from the Health ministry “led to the setting up of a panel to probe me.”

“And the panel delivered as the panelists were given N19 million, even the security too were given money,” he said.

Asked whether he has any evidence, Yusuf responded in the affirmative, saying, “I even have documented evidence of how the money was shared”.

Yusuf also revealed that the day the governing board announced his suspension, was the day he was meant to present a report on the violation of the public procurement processes at the agency.

“Why was I suspended on October 18 and not 19th of October? The 18th of October was the day I was going to present a result of the forensic audit of the activities of HMOs.

“Eighteenth of October was nothing but preemptive coup at the NHIS. It was a gang up to stop my fight against corruption.

“These are all allegations that have been recycled. They were all investigated by the ICPC and EFCC; and they found nothing and I was cleared. They wrote to me clearing me,” he said.

Yusuf denied illegally awarding contracts at will at the agency, but admitted that a company owned by his brother, Mohammed Kabir-Yar’Adua, was awarded a N406million contract at the agency.

He insisted that the company won the contract through due process in 2016.

On his part, the Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole, insisted that Yusuf was justly indicted of corrupt practices.

Adewole, represented by Permanent Secretary at the ministry, Abdulaziz Abdulahi, insisted that cases of financial infractions were established against the NHIS executive secretary.

“All the allegations levelled against him are 100 per cent correct,” Abdullahi said.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/11/i-was-suspended-for-refusing-to-release.html

we dont know who to believe again

8 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Kennedy94(m): 7:54am On Nov 03, 2018
They will definitely tell us corruption is fighting back..

These personalities who called themselves politicians are only there to share the money and impoverish the populace

God is watching

Get your Btc at #350/$ with us...Check below

16 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by mopol2(m): 7:55am On Nov 03, 2018
Hmm
Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Omeokachie: 7:55am On Nov 03, 2018
Na so

Where did you get all those policemen that helped you force your way into the secretariat?

Only a money man backed by government can pull that stunt. Public outcry has forced Buhari to reluctantly act just like the case of Babachir.

Take your evidence before the panel if you have any.

15 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:55am On Nov 03, 2018
ok
Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by praise010(m): 7:55am On Nov 03, 2018
If the man caught on video collecting Dollars can deny any wrong doing, I don't expect Yusuf to admit his.

Corruption in Nigeria knows no party, region or Tribe. Our Politicians appears bent on crippling this entity called Nigeria.

Awarding a Contract to his Brother is not justified on any ground because the issue of doubt on the award process will always be there.

Until we start killing these thieves like China, they won't allow our nation to grow

25 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by iammo(m): 7:55am On Nov 03, 2018
APC and corruption grin for a country borrowing and selling asset to fund budget and pay salaries the level of corruption is mind boggling everyone in government wants more and more. NLC, politicians, government contractors, banks

6 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 03, 2018
I don't believe this your story Oga, you should have raised alarm while on seat not now. Tell that to Gullible ones they will believe.

8 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by AmazingELixir: 7:56am On Nov 03, 2018
lipsrsealed

Hmm Nigeria my country!!
Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Racoon(m): 7:57am On Nov 03, 2018
Government filled with liars, thieves, scammers, fraudsters & professional criminals.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by chloride6: 7:57am On Nov 03, 2018
Really?
So you didn't buy bond when they asked you not too?

grin

4 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by DAntivirus: 7:58am On Nov 03, 2018
I can't wait for a change in power at the Federal level...

The amount of jaw breaking corruption and fraud that will be uncovered would be breath taking and unfathomable!

8 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by xeropowder: 7:58am On Nov 03, 2018
criminal guy

4 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by yinkus6750(m): 7:58am On Nov 03, 2018
Its all about the rot that killed our country, corruption.
All of them are fighting each other for selfish interests to enrich themselves.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by unohbethel(m): 7:59am On Nov 03, 2018
Do u believe this lie? like for no share for yes

9 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by saintol(m): 8:00am On Nov 03, 2018
So it is now that you are telling us your own version of the story, I still do not believe you. Something is smelling.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by deksm19: 8:00am On Nov 03, 2018
Nigeria
Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Miles69: 8:03am On Nov 03, 2018
Hmm
Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Blacksodje(m): 8:04am On Nov 03, 2018
A thief will always have a story to tell

6 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 03, 2018
I believe that the HMOs are working in cahoots with the ministry of health.lets see the evidence

1 Like

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by DopeWill(m): 8:06am On Nov 03, 2018
Make them first ask am where the 975million dey....

1 Like

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Hotfreezer: 8:09am On Nov 03, 2018
If they can give me like 100m, I'll help them get like 15 masquerades that would whip him him in the dream. He won't dare come back to that office.

They would pay me the money in real life, not dream o. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Boyhood: 8:11am On Nov 03, 2018
deksm19:
Nigeria
Our country
Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Miles69: 8:13am On Nov 03, 2018
Nawa
Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Lexusgs430: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2018
Ghen Ghen ........
Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by ochallo: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2018
Hausa Fulani is the most entitled and double standard people i have ever seen. They cry corruption but pay no mind to procurement process, employment process , protocol and structure. They mismanage, embezzle but yet feel entitled and run their subordinates with a iron hand.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 03, 2018
only two statements caught my attention.
1. you have evidence that money was shared to the members of the panel as well as security. that alone can nail the as.s of your accusers
2. your own brother won a contract worth 406 million after due process. fire Thunder u there.
both u and your accusers are criminals. may the more powerful thief win. same way I pray about pdp and apc...may the more benevolent thief win

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku, Agbaje Woo Artistes With Funds, Film Village / Olapade Agoro: Tinubu Is Best Politician The South Can Offer For 2023 Presidency / Ajomale: Osinbajo Capable But Tinubu Has The Experience To Lead Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.