Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears (34251 Views)

11-Year-Old Rape Victim Gives Birth To Baby Boy In Benue State / Benue: Eddy Ojah's 12-Year-Old Rape Victim "I Told My Rapist God Will Judge Him" / 13-year-old Rape Victim May Never Be Able To Birth A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by holuwertobex(m): 11:59am On Nov 03, 2018
Ochanya, the 13-year-old girl who died after being raped by her aunt’s husband, Andrew Ogbuja, and his son Victor, was buried yesterday at her home town, Ogene Amejo Okpokwu local government area of Benue State amidst tears.

Ochanya who was buried yesterday, battled Vesicovaginal fistula (VVF) and other health complications at the Benue State University Teaching Hospital, Makurdi after being severely abused by one Andrew Ogbuja, and his son, Victor Inalegwu Ogbuja.

Speaking after the burial, a group under the aegis of Concerned Citizens For Ochanya, who commended the commended the thorough, transparent and unbiased investigation into the matter by the police and other related agencies, requested that the wife of the suspect, Mrs Felicia Ogbuja, be invited for questioning over her role, either by commission or omission, in the matter.

The group further demanded that Andrew Ogbuja, should immediately be suspended from carrying out his official duties as a lecturer and head of department in the Benue State Polytechnic, pending the outcome of the investigation into his complicity in the case.

The group also asked the Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom, to immortalise the late Elizabeth Ochanya Ogbanje as a martyr of child rape, sexual molestation and abuse to discourage future act of abuse, neglect and exploitation of children.

“The Benue State House of Assembly should also intensify efforts to pass the Violence Against Persons Prohibition Act (2015). We also call for a thorough review of the Judicial System to protect the rights of children against rape and sexual molestation.”

https://hitng.info/11648/ochanya-13-year-old-rape-victim-buried-amidst-tears/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by baddosky1: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2018
RIP young girl!

I hope the 2 demons responsible for the act have been apprehended?

I hate Rapists and those who accuse innocent people of rape too! The Government should enact a law that gives capital punishment to both!

It is better to buy a sexdoll like Pretty Mike did than rape a woman.

And before the "holier-than-Jesus" anti-sexdoll activists come for my head, that sexdoll pretty mike bought does not mean he has paedophilic tendencies. It is a mini-sized doll that is cheap and sold for about $200. The human sized ones go for about $3000. If you make use of Vaseline and soap as a man to ease your sexual tension or use Love Machine and cucumber as a woman and yet you condemn the use of sexdolls, then you are the biggest hypocrite on earth!

#SayNoToRape
#TeamSexDolls

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by fahren(m): 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2018
May her gentle soul rest in peace, Amen.

Let it be known that today I also demand justice for Ochanya Ogbanje and all rape victims from around the world.

15 Likes

Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by babzo(m): 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2018
This has got to stop

1 Like

Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by ngwababe(f): 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2018
Odiegwu oo

1 Like

Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by agboaustine: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2018
Rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by vesselchino(f): 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2018
what a world

1 Like

Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by jidxin(m): 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2018
So sad, very pathetic, rip young girl. Seriously something should be done asap most esp in that part of the country cos I heard of some strange practises in the area of juvenile marriage and paying off a debt by giving out female child.

1 Like

Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by chiokeman(m): 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2018
Rip
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by blackmercyvelli(m): 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2018
So pain me oh ,RIP
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by martineverest(m): 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
rest n peace young lady......

1 Like

Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by magicminister: 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
We have to do better as a society.
I can bet that everyone reading this either knows someone that was sexually assaulted or a victim.

Personally, I was sexually assaulted as a child. I was no more than 6 years old. The lady would play with my private and stick my little hand into her privates. I
I am still embarrassed to talk about it today.

As a society, we have to stop shaming people that get raped or sexually assaulted. We say things like "slay queen got slayed" or " she was dressed too rpovocatively".

We should all stand up against this pervasive culture of victim shaming and channel our anger on the perpertrators!!

Teach your child what consists of inappropriate touch.

Any touch that is not on the shoulder, head, or hand is inappropriate and he or she must report to you immediately.

Women, seeing the way Nigeria is set up, please observe precaution. Do not stay late night, do not go meet up in a non-public place.

Parents, teach your children to respect other humans and also teach them the importance of consensual sex!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by eaglez(m): 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
Rip Ochanya,man's inhumanity to his fellow man.
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by vastolord4(m): 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
May your soul find rest knowing that karma will come for theirs
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by fidel2(m): 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
Chaii..... Innocent soul.....continue to rest on dear..
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by Allylic(f): 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
I'm speechless..may God give the family the fortitude to bear the loss.. Such a young soul..
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by nursemyke: 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
God have mercy
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by NoLotty7(m): 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
RIP girl
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by bugggg: 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2018
Go in peace. I pray God have ur soul.

3 Likes

Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by DKM123: 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2018
*Sigh*
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by lizzy2209: 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2018
RIP...........No peace for the wicked cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by Ejelah: 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2018
Rest in peace angel
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by NairaMedia: 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2018
Rip young girl embarassed
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by bigkahuna704(m): 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
RIP Ogbanje
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2018
Amidst tears keh awon nairaland blogger. Is it amidst flour that they will bury her before?
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by Topmaike007(m): 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2018
there should be new rule now that anyone that rape should be castrated.....see as dey waste this beautiful girl Life...
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by XINOIX: 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2018
RIP and the perpetrators most be brought to justice
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by beautyhd: 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2018
The aunt knew about this but decided to keep her marriage. It Shall not be well with the entire family.
Re: Ochanya, 13-year-old Rape Victim Buried Amidst Tears by Beno3: 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2018
so painful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Celebrates After Tracking Down Man Who Scammed Her Friend. Photo / Lady Calls Out Her Partner For Assaulting Her And Sleeping With Their Maid - Pic / Thief Burnt To Death In University Of Agriculture, Makurdi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.