Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Private Messages From Hacked Facebook Accounts For Sale - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Private Messages From Hacked Facebook Accounts For Sale (780 Views)

How To Easily Recover A Hacked Facebook Account In Seconds / How Can I Recover My Hacked Facebook Account Alongside With My Phone Number? / How Can I See My Girlfriend Whatsapp Chat Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Private Messages From Hacked Facebook Accounts For Sale by itsmolep(m): 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2018
Last month, Facebook suffered a massive hack. The attack allegedly affected millions of accounts. A month has passed since the occurrence, however Facebook has still not revealed much detail. This includes the geographical impact and the extent of data pilfered on the account. Recently, the BBC discovered an advertisement offering private messages from the hacked Facebook accounts for sale. The sellers allegedly had data from millions of accounts. It is unclear whether they got this data from the recent hack, the Cambridge Analytica incident, or through other means.

As reported, the BBC Russian Service confirmed they found sellers advertising private messages and personal information of Facebook users. The sellers, as they claimed, possessed data from millions of hacked Facebook accounts.
The BBC Russian Service team found the breach in September, after which they contacted the sellers disguising themselves as potential buyers for two million accounts’ information. The sellers offered to sell the accounts at a rate of 10 cents per account. As stated in their report,
The breach first came to light in September, when a post from a user nicknamed FBSaler appeared on an English-language internet forum. “We sell personal information of Facebook users. Our database includes 120 million accounts,” the user wrote.
The BBC team also involved Digital Shadows – a cybersecurity firm – to verify the sample data. They could confirm that the sample included details of 81000 Facebook accounts. These profiles even included private messages that BBC could view.
One example included photographs of a recent holiday, another was a chat about a recent Depeche Mode concert, and a third included complaints about a son-in-law. One example included photographs of a recent holiday, another was a chat about a recent Depeche Mode concert, and a third included complaints about a son-in-law.
To further confirm the genuineness of profiles, the BBC Russian Service team contacted five of the alleged victim Russian Facebook users. They acknowledged the ownership of the posts and messages.
BBC has found one of the websites advertising this data seemingly linking to St. Petersburg, Russia, with a flagged IP.
Its IP address has also been flagged by the Cybercrime Tracker service. It says the address had been used to spread the LokiBot Trojan, which allows attackers to gain access to user passwords.

https://molesbite..com/2018/11/private-messages-from-hacked-facebook.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

What Anti-virus Do You Use To Secure Your Pc? / Please Help A Brother / AMD Or INTEL? Which One Is Better For Graphic Designing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.