Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? (3468 Views)

Best Football Game Or Football Manager Game (offline) / How Can I Play Online With Pirated Game (on Pc) / Please Guy Is Injustice 2 An Online Game Or Offline Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by LucemFerre: 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
Between downloading a pirated game for free, reproducing them, and selling them and buying the pirated games, which is worse?
They're all bad we know, but let's do damage control grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by Lana1(m): 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
U cant hold me accountable for downloading something that is free on the internet. Actually, i doubt uploading cracked copies of games is illegal overseas(at least in most countries). This is why 3rd party crackers like fitgirl and skidrow always include in their repacks to "support the Devs and buy it....if we like it".

If uploading cracked copies online was illegal, EA and other companies would have sued the likes of skidrow & fitgirl and shut them down since.

Nothing is worse than selling someone else's work for your own monetary gains. So therefore, selling pirated copies is definitely worse.
This is why piracy is prevalent in Nigeria and other African countries because....
1. Crappy internet won't allow people go get it for free online.
2. Nobody from Ubisoft will go as far as to sue a nobody in Africa for selling their games illegally.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by LucemFerre: 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2018
Lana1:
U cant hold me accountable for downloading something that is free on the internet. Actually, i doubt uploading cracked copies of games is illegal overseas(at least in most countries). This is why 3rd party crackers like fitgirl and skidrow always include in their repacks to "support the Devs and buy it....if we like it".

Buy it when I've finished it already, that doesn't make any sense?

You and I know that ethically, cracking a game is wrong not to talk of allowing people download it for free.

It is illegal in the US. Why EA hasn't sued them is unknown to me
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by Ivan93: 10:13am On Nov 06, 2018
Guys, who donload cracked game and sell it on dvds are the worst guys

Because they're basically selling free things

Once there whould be good inthernet connection, those guys whould go bakrupt
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by Lana1(m): 11:43am On Nov 06, 2018
LucemFerre:

Buy it when I've finished it already, that doesn't make any sense?

You and I know that ethically, cracking a game is wrong not to talk of allowing people download it for free.

It is illegal in the US. Why EA hasn't sued them is unknown to me
I can think of two good reasons to buy a game after finishing it....to be able to play multiplayer or to unlock Steam/Origin achievements. People have their reasons for spending their money.

Cracking games might be wrong but i dont see EA, Activision and the rest doing anything about it to get those cracked copies off the internet. They seem to be ok with it.

I wouldn't say it's illegal. It's just a practice that is frowned up. Besides i dont think there's enough legal ground to sue anyone for cracking games. Look at it this way....if i buy a game, i can decide to do with it as i please. So if I decide to put it online for free to share with my friends, then it's no ones business.

The real pirates are the ones who sell cracked copies
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by Ivan93: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2018
Lana1:

I wouldn't say it's illegal. It's just a practice that is frowned up. Besides i dont think there's enough legal ground to sue anyone for cracking games. Look at it this way....if i buy a game, i can decide to do with it as i please. So if I decide to put it online for free to share with my friends, then it's no ones business.

Its illegal, but what does american/eurpean/asian game developers going to do?

If they wanted to start a war with piracy in africa im pretty sure they whould sue the pirated dvd seller, not a just a normal player
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by LucemFerre: 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
Lana1:
I can think of two good reasons to buy a game after finishing it....to be able to play multiplayer or to unlock Steam/Origin achievements. People have their reasons for spending their money.

Cracking games might be wrong but i dont see EA, Activision and the rest doing anything about it to get those cracked copies off the internet. They seem to be ok with it.

Eh... That makes sense. Maybe thats why debate of whether or not cracking is a crime has been going on.
But, is it that gaming companies don't include clauses that prevent reproduction and redistribution in their EULA? How would the company let that kind of loop hole exist? That should put an end to every debate.

Anyways, i do agree with you. Re-selling pirated gAmes is a very bad thing to do, in every way.
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by Thegamingorca(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
Mehn I really don't give a hoot as long as i buy shit
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by LZAA: 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2018
LucemFerre:
Between downloading a pirated game for free, reproducing them, and selling them and buying the pirated games, which is worse?
They're all bad we know, but let's do damage control grin
Lu selling ticks it for me
Downloading?lol we all emulate
But selling rips off the originators
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by LucemFerre: 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2018
Heh! If dem give them pamisson to enter naija, dem fit use the fine to build rail line from maiduguri to Lagos
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by crafteck(m): 8:18pm On Nov 11, 2018
Uncles, if gamers are limited to 60 usd per game or hunting for sales up an dan, gaming industry won't be this big. 5 games a year is averagely 100k, make marketers fear god oo, they opened the floodgates with price and exorbitant costs of add-ons.. Lol... $5 for costumes in dead or alive 5,isnt it madness..
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by LucemFerre: 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2018
crafteck:
Uncles, if gamers are limited to 60 usd per game or hunting for sales up an dan, gaming industry won't be this big. 5 games a year is averagely 100k, make marketers fear god oo, they opened the floodgates with price and exorbitant costs of add-ons.. Lol... $5 for costumes in dead or alive 5,isnt it madness..

Hehe... Dem no dey play the game naked?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by SavageMajor(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2018
Some people will still bring a crack to play online without being detected
grin
Lana1:

Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by franknero1(m): 8:15pm On Nov 14, 2018
Hello Everyone, I have a 4TB hard disk, with over 100 plus pkg games inside the 4TB for sale at 60k. Please buzz on 08068772124 lagos if you are interested. Thank you.

Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by crafteck(m): 4:56am On Nov 15, 2018
Ps4 has only abt 25 games worth playing...
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 15, 2018
Piracy is everywhere ...at the moment nothing can stop it . However it doesn't sound good when someone says it's due to the excessive charges of gaming companies. Dude these micro transactions are optional you might be at a disadvantage but c'mon man.

And how will you cite cosmetic charges as an example c'mon my G .

We all pirate things. But what is right is right and what's wrong is wrong and what's part of the game is part of the game .
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by LucemFerre: 10:32am On Nov 15, 2018
tobianthony:
Piracy is everywhere ...at the moment nothing can stop it . However it doesn't sound good when someone says it's due to the excessive charges of gaming companies. Dude these micro transactions are optional you might be at a disadvantage but c'mon man.

And how will you cite cosmetic charges as an example c'mon my G .

We all pirate things. But what is right is right and what's wrong is wrong and what's part of the game is part of the game .

Piracy for the sakes of exhorbitant prizes is just a flimsy excuse.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by 7GaLaXy7(m): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2018
Tbh I get most of my games from steam. My steam account costs almost more that $200 I think since the last time I checked. Add me up. GaLaXy
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
It IS illegal to distribute and produce cracked games

Sites like fitgirl protect themselves through various security measures like vpn

If they get caught it won't be funny

Even for people downloading too

It's because we're in Nigeria that there's is less risk of getting lawsuits
Lana1:

If uploading cracked copies online was illegal, EA and other companies would have sued the likes of skidrow & fitgirl and shut them down since.

Nothing is worse than selling someone else's work for your own monetary gains. So therefore, selling pirated copies is definitely worse.
This is why piracy is prevalent in Nigeria and other African countries because....
1. Crappy internet won't allow people go get it for free online.
2. Nobody from Ubisoft will go as far as to sue a nobody in Africa for selling their games illegally.
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
It IS illegal to distribute and produce cracked games

Sites like fitgirl protect themselves through various security measures like vpn

If they get caught it won't be funny

Even for people downloading too

It's because we're in Nigeria that there's is less risk of getting lawsuits
[

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by eudoiwod(m): 2:13pm On Nov 27, 2018
There are different ways that people have made their lives better by running successful businesses instead of wasting 30 days for only N30, 000.

Before you start a business,

read Small business Big Money by Akin Alabi's (owner of Nairabet) and learn how to attract a hungry crowd to your business.

In the book he talks about how he started from an information marketer to being one of the richest Nigerian now. He is currently contesting to be a member of the Federal House of Representatives in his state.

Get the Ebook immediately for a promo price of only N2, 000

The book is currently being sold for N5, 000

Call or text for more info now

Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2018
KwintResspect:
Well, I think that pirating is okay if you are unable to buy a game. If the game is too much good you'll be so grateful to its creators that will be ready to buy it later. Basically, for me pirating is like the testing period. If I don't like the game, I just delete it and don't waste my money.
However, there is another way - to promote a game in a free-to-play version and make a profit on cosmetics (for example, like mobile games here https://www.tldevtech.com/best-new-android-games/).

Dude what are you saying ...
Re: Which Is Worse, Selling A Pirated Game Or Buying It? by Peter4naz(m): 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Fifa Mobile(clash Of Champions)league Discussion And Schedule / Psn Login Issue (ps4) / Fifa 14 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.