Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,841 members, 7,851,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt (24786 Views)

Minimum Wage: Why We May Not Accept N100,000 – Organised Labour / New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? / Newsnew Minimum Wage: Why Nigerian Workers May Not Get Demand – APC Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Pavore9: 6:38am On Nov 05, 2018
Sighs....
Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 05, 2018
If governors have the people at heart then they should;

1. Slash SECURITY VOTE

2. Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS

3) Reduce number of ADVISERS

4)Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception

5) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS eg; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...

6) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders

7)Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

Let me just put this last point ,even though I know it is nearly impossible in Nigeria
cool Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 05, 2018
kingthreat:
You all should stop being sentimental. If minimum wage increases, all other wages too increase. Those earning 100k before will earn like 120k. This government that is presently borrowing to meet up to expenses, you want to stress above its limits?
For those criticizing me, how much do you pay your maids, cooks and domestic workers. Thats if you have one.
but the government can afford to make our senators one of the highest paid in the world right? have sense nah

5 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Awoo88: 6:42am On Nov 05, 2018
The same government have all kind of ridiculous item in her budget. All kind of frivolous thing that make the most ashamed yet this government is fighting "grand corruption". They have money for the most ridiculous and things yet no money to pay workers

4 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Ventura1: 6:43am On Nov 05, 2018
Buhari has failed, yet the Atikulooting people are not asking him questions on how he intends to tackle the minimum wage issues.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by kingviny: 6:44am On Nov 05, 2018
Labour can mobilise to go on strike and shut down the economy but they cannot mobile to win elections and just take charge of the treasury themselves... Smh

How many people are under government employ? how many government employees are actually productive?
Is this what labour should be fighting for (salary increase across board) or a better run economy that will lead to high standard of living and low cost of living?

What is really wrong with we blacks?!
Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:44am On Nov 05, 2018
The federal government the state government headed by the state governors are wicked.

You receive good salaries and allowances for being a public office holder and would not serve your country for up to 35 years like an average Nigerian worker yet your allowances alone can feed a generation.
Nigerian governors are clueless instead of them to develop their IGR they wait for federal allocation and security vote to use to pay salaries and squander money.
Labour should go on strike these public office holders should reduce their salaries and allowances so that more money can be used to pay workers

4 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:45am On Nov 05, 2018
landmark86:
This is a big lesson to all Nigerians
The same people you voted for, risk your life for, sacrifice time for to campaign doesn't value you anymore .

Watch out many of them are still coming your way to seek for second term in office
and some people here av been taunting themselves here justifying why their messiah should donate all our borrowed funds to Guinea Governed by Emperors as practiced by our own power drunk caliphates...

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by es144000: 6:47am On Nov 05, 2018
Where does labour expect the FG to get money from,In 8 months the FG earned 2.4trillion,I.e 300b a month,155b goes for recurrent and at least 150b for servicing debts,nothing left for capital expenditure so the government has to borrow for that. Meanwhile the debts and increase keep increasing.
Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2018
kingviny:
Labour can mobilise to go on strike and shut down the economy but they cannot mobile to win elections and just take charge of the treasury themselves... Smh

How many people are under government employ? how many government employees are actually productive?
Is this what labour should be fighting for (salary increase across board) or a better run economy that will lead to high standard of living and low cost of living?

@bold
labour is a pressure group not a political party.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by hysteriabox(m): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2018
Hmm
I see the resilience of the NLC. But lo we are our own enemies. That strike won't go anywhere. Once the other arm NTU collect incentives, they ll withdraw and render the exercise futile. Tey tey naim dem don woundjure NLC.
For those saying "see the politicians you died for using you to play panya..." how many northern ppl know anything minimum wage? Places in Zaria where they still use 100 naira to cook soup n swallow. All they know is "ours in is in power."

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by elobrave17: 6:47am On Nov 05, 2018
CalciumB3:
But you can dish out $500'000 to another Country.....

Which way Nigeria??

Na this one pain me pass.
When i read the news, I felt sorry for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2018
OneSentence:

but the government can afford to make our senators one of the highest paid in the world right? have sense nah
new stats has appeared they earn 45million naira monthly which is more than the salary of a lawmaker and professional in the USA per annum..Pathetic!
Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by israelmao(m): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2018
Selfishness is killing this nation.Political leaders lack passion for their followers.If only we could form a united front to bring people like Sowore,Kingsely, Oby on board our national history will take a new turn!
Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Racoon(m): 6:49am On Nov 05, 2018
Yet mind boggling corruption is ongoing in this government.Nigeria just dashed Guinea Bussau $500000.Guess Nigeria should keep on voting out every government that misbehaves until we get it right.Heartless people angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2018
But this government funny shaaa.

Isn't the same N30,000 that they are paying BMC crew, abi nPower staffs. Why can't they pay workers same amount?
Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Chibuokemlevi3: 6:53am On Nov 05, 2018
As I speak to you nkpolu junction along east west road is blocked

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by mescan(m): 6:54am On Nov 05, 2018
kingthreat:
You all should stop being sentimental. If minimum wage increases, all other wages too increase. Those earning 100k before will earn like 120k. This government that is presently borrowing to meet up to expenses, you want to stress above its limits?
For those criticizing me, how much do you pay your maids, cooks and domestic workers. Thats if you have one.
they are borrowing to finance themselves, not we masses

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 05, 2018
I can't spot BMC crew here.

Psychopants

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Randy100: 7:00am On Nov 05, 2018
No work no pay, they should know.
Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:06am On Nov 05, 2018
frenzyduchess:
If governor have the people at heart then they should;

1. Slash SECURITY VOTE

2. Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS

3) Reduce number of ADVISERS

4)Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception

5) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS eg; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...

6) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders

7)Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

Let me just put this last point ,even though I know it is nearly impossible in Nigeria
cool Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

Sister you done talk am finish abeg give me five jor

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 05, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Sister you done talk am finish abeg give me five jor
but them nor go hear na, since e go reduce their own pocket, bunch of looters, even all this state house of assembly members ,those ones are just silently siphoning money. Its just sad!

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:11am On Nov 05, 2018
frenzyduchess:
but them nor go hear na, since e go reduce their own pocket, bunch of looters, even all this state house of assembly members ,those ones are just silently siphoning money. Its just sad!

Indeed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Premiumwriter: 7:12am On Nov 05, 2018
kingviny:

are you suggesting a revolution?
Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by pryme(m): 7:21am On Nov 05, 2018
kingthreat:

That's not it, most private workers in Nigeria are paid below minimum wage.
Go to Lagos, we have N10k jobs all over the place, that's less than the current minimum wage.
How ever I don't think it's the 30k that's the issue here, I think it's about the top government officials, 30k is almost a 100% increase from the present minimum wage, that means level 15 officers that were receiving something like 200k a month will be going home with close to 400k. I think this is where the issue lies.
Not the 30k.
Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by harjibolar10(m): 7:21am On Nov 05, 2018
es144000:
Where does labour expect the FG to get money from,In 8 months the FG earned 2.4trillion,I.e 300b a month,155b goes for recurrent and at least 150b for servicing debts,nothing left for capital expenditure so the government has to borrow for that. Meanwhile the debts and increase keep increasing.
All they are asking for is that N155b for recurrent to be REDISTRIBUTED... They are virtually not asking for more borrowing

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Alanzazani: 7:24am On Nov 05, 2018
Nigeria doesn't belong to the political class. The sooner we make this known to them the better for us. See how these criminals live in opulence while the average Nigerian lives in squalor. Enough is enough

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by kingthreat(m): 7:24am On Nov 05, 2018
mescan:
they are borrowing to finance themselves, not we masses

True sha. We are in a corrupt system

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by kingthreat(m): 7:24am On Nov 05, 2018
OneSentence:

The government tried to stop that but the evil senators kicked against it

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by maina55: 7:27am On Nov 05, 2018
kingthreat:
Another APC,, But Buhari just gave another country $500,000 to support their election,,, why not think before you write,,yet you said people are been sentimental here,,, I wonder how people think at times,,,

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by Jokerman(m): 7:28am On Nov 05, 2018
kingthreat:

Why are some governors and senators earning salaries for doing nothing, or contributing little to the nation's economy??

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Why We Can’t Meet Labours’ Demands – Nigerian Govt by otokx(m): 7:33am On Nov 05, 2018
The odds are gradually stacking up against the federal led APC government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt / Okorocha To Uzodinma: "I Will Tell You How I Handled IPOB If You Consult Me" / Federal Character: A Curse To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.