Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Aspiring To Be Like Clarence Peters - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Aspiring To Be Like Clarence Peters (1014 Views)

Novice Aspiring Filmmakers Get In Here! / Thread For Those Aspiring To Be A Photographer / To All Aspiring Film Makers That Want Work On A Movie Location (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aspiring To Be Like Clarence Peters by zimbolaa(m): 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hello house, i am in dire need of your advice, suggestions and contributions. For one who is aspiring to be a professional cameraman and video editor, is there any course that can be read in school to that effect, and if there is, which school(s) offer such? Or must training be from craftsmen in this field? Patiently waiting for your answers, thanks.
Re: Aspiring To Be Like Clarence Peters by Offpoint: 6:09am On Nov 06, 2018
zimbolaa:
Hello house, i am in dire need of your advice, suggestions and contributions. For one who is aspiring to be a professional cameraman and video editor, is there any course that can be read in school to that effect, and if there is, which school(s) offer such? Or must training be from craftsmen in this field? Patiently waiting for your answers, thanks.
Look for a professional cameraman and attach yourself to him, that's the best to learn.

on your period, get some PDF on Google and read them, check out some YouTube files in regard to your profession.

Be determined, consistence and passionate.... in due time you'll be great. All professionals once started from somewhere.
Re: Aspiring To Be Like Clarence Peters by NoChill: 8:23am On Nov 06, 2018
Please am begging you in the name of God, Clarence Peters is not a camera man, he is a Cinematographer and a D. O. P, and you don't necessarily need to go to any Nigerian school to be like him. All you need is your zeal, passion, commitment and precision to be like him.

First you need a high quality camera I'll recommend Nikon 5200 for starters but if you want something more professional, you can go for Panasonic GH4.

Then you need a high end computer (laptop or desktop but most preferable desktop)

You choose the best video editing software suitable for you. I use Adobe Premier pro cc 2018 and Adobe After Effects cc 2017

Then you enter YouTube and browse for Cinematography tutorials. There are over one thousand and one of them.

Finally you practice what you've learnt. And with constant practice comes perfection and with perfection comes success and with success comes Clarence Peters.

P. S trust me you wouldn't want to go to any Nigerian school to learn Cinematography, even Clarence did not learn it in Nigeria. If you have the money I'll advise you to learn it abroad.

Do these and thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Aspiring To Be Like Clarence Peters by Dyoungstar: 9:00am On Nov 06, 2018
zimbolaa:

My brother don't waste your money going to any training institute. Just look for an experienced practicing expert with track records in the industry and train under him or her.

I tell you this from my personal experience.
Re: Aspiring To Be Like Clarence Peters by zimbolaa(m): 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
Dyoungstar:

My brother don't waste your money going to any training institute. Just look for an experienced practicing expert with track records in the industry and train under him or her.

I tell you this from my personal experience.

Thanks for your advice bro, i really appreciate.
Re: Aspiring To Be Like Clarence Peters by zimbolaa(m): 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
Offpoint:

Look for a professional cameraman and attach yourself to him, that's the best to learn.

on your period, get some PDF on Google and read them, check out some YouTube files in regard to your profession.

Be determined, consistence and passionate.... in due time you'll be great. All professionals once started from somewhere.

Thanks buddy
Re: Aspiring To Be Like Clarence Peters by zimbolaa(m): 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
NoChill:
Please am begging you in the name of God, Clarence Peters is not a camera man, he is a Cinematographer and a D. O. P, and you don't necessarily need to go to any Nigerian school to be like him. All you need is your zeal, passion, commitment and precision to be like him.

First you need a high quality camera I'll recommend Nikon 5200 for starters but if you want something more professional, you can go for Panasonic GH4.

Then you need a high end computer (laptop or desktop but most preferable desktop)

You choose the best video editing software suitable for you. I use Adobe Premier pro cc 2018 and Adobe After Effects cc 2017

Then you enter YouTube and browse for Cinematography tutorials. There are over one thousand and one of them.

Finally you practice what you've learnt. And with constant practice comes perfection and with perfection comes success and with success comes Clarence Peters.

P. S trust me you wouldn't want to go to any Nigerian school to learn Cinematography, even Clarence did not learn it in Nigeria. If you have the money I'll advise you to learn it abroad.

Do these and thank me later

Wow, thanks for the corrections, suggestions and recommendations. Your advice came in handy. God bless you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Graphics Artist Needed To Do An Artwork On A School Wall In Glass Form / Drawing With Ballpoint Pen ~ Angular Side View Of A Tilted Head / Powerful And Affordable Motion Graphics Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.