Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

"English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (28095 Views)

Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible / Jay-Jay Okocha With English Premier League Trophy In Lagos (Photos) / Ibrahimovic Announces Man Utd Return With Image Depicting Him As Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by GisthoodBlog(m): 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2018
LA Galaxy striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has claimed the English Premier League is "Overrated".

The former Manchester United star scored 28 goals in 46 appearances in his Premier League debut season for the Red Devils, winning the Europa League and League Cup.

A Bad knee injury cut his time at Old Trafford short but Ibrahimovic has insisted his 20 months stay in England was damn successful.

Speaking to FourFourTwo, Ibrahimovic said: 'People said, "You don't need to go to England, because if you fail in England, people will always say you weren't good enough".

"Everybody was against it. And guess what? That made me motivated. That gave me adrenaline.

"I liked the Premier League. It gets a lot of attention, although I feel the quality is a little bit overrated – the individual quality, the technical part.

"As I said when I was in England, you're lucky I didn't come 10 years ago, because if I did what I did at 35 years old, imagine it if I was 25. Then it would have been a different story.

"I came there and they said I came in a wheelchair. All the people that talked, in the whole Premier League, I put them in a wheelchair. That's what I did."

He added: "I'm super proud and super happy that I went to United – it was the right club.

"We won, and I did what I did before I gotinjured. I had an excellent time – great memories.

"I'm attached to United forever. The supporters are amazing: wherever I went, I saw red shirts, which was fantastic. Advertisement It's a very important moment in my career."

Source:>>http://www.mysportdab.com/2018/11/premier-league-overrated-zlatan.html

cc Lalasticlala

24 Likes

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by Mariangeles(f): 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2018
This self-centered bitter guy angry
Everything and everyone but him are always to blame for his misfortune...he's the overrated one if you ask me undecided
With his dangerous style of play... angry

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by ChiefAzubuike(f): 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2018
Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by franozx: 6:43pm On Nov 05, 2018
Chai. my man. but it wasn't overrated while at man u

5 Likes

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by chucs: 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2018
Always full of himself. What did he do in EPL that was so special? Make we see road abeg.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by neutralmind: 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
Mariangeles:
Everything and everyone but him are always to blame for his misfortune...he's the overrated one if you ask me undecided

Did u just use the word misfortune... na wa o

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by IamAlexander: 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by Rseven(m): 9:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
How e no go b overrated as u no win d league.. Suppose u win d league u 4 dey sing different song

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
That's his opinion though.
YNWA!

2 Likes

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by ottohan: 9:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
Mariangeles:
Read his words in quote, then u will understand dat if he were a bit younger,he would have performed way much better..
Even Morata didnt do wat Zlatan did at age 35
#GGMU
chucs:
Always full of himself. What did he do in EPL that was so special? Make we see road abeg.
Keep quiet.
Didnt you see all his trademark spectacular goals?

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by NaijaMutant(f): 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
He has a point though grin

23 Likes

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by Homeboiy: 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
Read his quotes and you will know he talks too much

1 Like

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by TheBeat: 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
Spoke my mind. Technically, English football is all based on media hype

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by ayourbamie: 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
But u couldn't conquer it the way u conquered other leagues

3 Likes

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by aydrees09: 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
He doesn't have any opinion because he didn't win the league ? Common guys! @ 35, he did his best and he sure has played at several countries/clubs to know which is better.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by JohnFrankling(m): 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
Zlatanera
Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by TheBeat: 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
gemandstones:
that league is the toughest and ost challenging league in the world. took 5 years for ronaldo to score 81 goals in epl but took him sae nmber of years to score whopping 331 goals in spanish la liga. it show a no nonsense no two-team league EPL is
This your argument doesn't hold any ground. How about his record in UCL? The reason was simple, he had his best years at Madrid....more experience, matured, developed or progressed under new managers and the competition with Messi.

33 Likes

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by Patrioticman007(m): 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
Over rated league is a fact. Just imagine it was an English club that won, 3 champions league in a row, the world would have been made to kneel down once the name of the club is mentioned.
Lastly English football has been sexualized to the extent arsenal became a gay club. Chelsea & Hotspur na serial rape club. Man u & Liverpool turned to peeping toms. If you know, you know.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by ollah2: 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
We have always known, we have always told the EPL fans and we have always been hated for that..

11 Likes

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
Loser
Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by RoyalBlak007: 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
Zlatan talks too much cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by ominilongest(m): 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2018
Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by ominilongest(m): 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hype premier league... Full of otondo players they should come and collect there apere cortouis abeg tongue

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by Felixalex(m): 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
Loud mouth guy
Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
SUPPORTED,
since most players that are excelling there are FOREIGNERS.

2 Likes

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by DavSagacity(m): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
E dey pain this bros....the English media no hype am like the FA dey hype some players...!!!

1 Like

Re: "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic by Ikmontana1: 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
gemandstones:
that league is the toughest and ost challenging league in the world. took 5 years for ronaldo to score 81 goals in epl but took him sae nmber of years to score whopping 331 goals in spanish la liga. it show a no nonsense no two-team league EPL is
Ronaldo of man utd days is not as gud in goal scoring like d present ronaldo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best 100 Players In History' Named – And Fans Absolutely Lose Their Minds / Messi's Stats In 700 Barcelona Games / Photos From The Closing Ceremony Of AFCON 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.