Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,391 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment (22972 Views)

What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? / Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive / Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by daewoorazer(m): 9:04am On Nov 06, 2018
1. Current state of things:
You may find it interesting to realize some residences already owe electricity bill as much as 100,000, and no!, the landlord/lady will never keep you abreast of this. In worst cases, some residences are placed and charged on commercial rates and you won’t have an idea until your first monthly electricity bill assumes 15,000. Do not wait until this time.

2. Proximity to bus stops:
your work starts 7:00am in the morning but how early should you wake up? 2 hours before because you have to walk 45 minutes to reach your bus-stop?

3. Network of roads:
for the mobile citizens, do not endanger the life of your car out of desperation. Before you pay that rent, find out if the condition of the road is a threat to your Car’s engine or not. This will definitely save you a lot from hungry roadside mechanical technicians.

4. Access to portable water:
if you are an average citizen and will probably depend on Government’s pipe borne water for survival, I think taking your time to find out if the pipes leading to your potential abode ain’t already destroyed by end-time road construction workers aint a bad idea after all.

5. Persistent disasters:
some areas are really attractive to armed robbers probably because of the success they’ve had in previous engagements in that particular area; while some area’s problem is flood, probably a water body/way is in close proximity. You don’t wanna be a victim, trust me!

6. Proximity to hospitals:
Could be a wife in Labour, a child in an emergency situation or even you, but in emergency really, why should you travel 1 hour before you could make use of a medical help?

7. Proximity to market:
Fetching raw foods and groceries can be energy intensive especially when it involves buying huge tubers of yam and bags of rice and beans this festive season. If you have a car no problem, but if you don’t, pity your wife!

Blessings as you prepare for Christmas and New Year!

Source:
https://naijacomet.com/2018/11/06/7-things-to-consider-before-renting-an-apartment/

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by Bestchisom(m): 9:27am On Nov 06, 2018
Ftc for the first time... Oya make una send my reward to this acct 0073741799...
OP u forgot to add attitude of the house owner... Some landlords can be frustrating.... Great list though

4 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by damiz(m): 9:27am On Nov 06, 2018
Availability of mobile network

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by Sirheny007(m): 9:27am On Nov 06, 2018
@OP
Sadly you omitted the first and most important;
'THE STATUS QUO OF YOUR POCKET'

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by fkj950ax(m): 9:27am On Nov 06, 2018
Seriously...
What of ability to keep paying for the property? If the rent is not in tandem with your income, then all these 7 things don't make anything.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by felixmuyiwa: 9:27am On Nov 06, 2018
if there is church or mosque closed to the apartment

18 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by iamJ(m): 9:27am On Nov 06, 2018
Thread for poor people

When there is jumia food, who market epp?

All those ones mentioning me

Read the post again

Who dey fly bus?

Who dey use public tap?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2018
Nice one
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by fghanni(m): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2018
Noted
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by Uchedeformula: 9:28am On Nov 06, 2018
FTC
I don hammer!

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by iamJ(m): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2018
damiz:
I swear 4G confirmation is necessary

13 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by jumpandpas(m): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2018
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2018
iamJ:
Thread for poor people

Repent!!!
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by Smartvic1(m): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2018
Ok
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by emirsky(m): 9:29am On Nov 06, 2018
You must also consider who previously lived there:

12 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by GavelSlam: 9:30am On Nov 06, 2018
Proximity to good schools.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by felixmuyiwa: 9:30am On Nov 06, 2018
if church or mosque is very closed to the house.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by shakurkings(m): 9:30am On Nov 06, 2018
8. ASK IF PETS ARE ALLOWED
My landlady is on my neck now because I have two dogs. We didn't agree on that before I moved in.

15 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by jumpandpas(m): 9:30am On Nov 06, 2018
iamJ:
Thread for poor people

One of them spotted.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by Sirheny007(m): 9:30am On Nov 06, 2018
iamJ:
Thread for poor people

This egocentric nikka!
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by Echelle(m): 9:31am On Nov 06, 2018
You should also check d distance to any APC offices...
Trust me, you don't want to be associated with failures, nepotism and ofcourse lifelessness....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by Lyoncrescent: 9:31am On Nov 06, 2018
Good post. Electricity is critical as some areas are darkness personified

5 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by pistero(m): 9:32am On Nov 06, 2018
damiz:
the most important

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by jendhorlee(m): 9:32am On Nov 06, 2018
also check if pure babes dey that area grin

7 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by MJBOLT: 9:33am On Nov 06, 2018
level of security

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by don4real18(m): 9:33am On Nov 06, 2018
A good one... Also consider the cost as well
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by chicoMX(m): 9:35am On Nov 06, 2018
8. The rent itself
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by dangoteinlaw: 9:36am On Nov 06, 2018
felixmuyiwa:
if church or mosque is very closed to the house.
grin exactly!!! If u know u know

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by Kindness218: 9:36am On Nov 06, 2018
Ashawos joint

4 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by Raymonbell(m): 9:37am On Nov 06, 2018
8. Proximity to religious buildings
I will place this factor in number 3. Your sanity depends on it

10 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by dangoteinlaw: 9:37am On Nov 06, 2018
shakurkings:
8. ASK IF PETS ARE ALLOWED
My landlady is on my neck now because I have two dogs. We didn't agree on that before I moved in.
people still disapprove pets in 2018? She must be a witch to not like dogs.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment by Jokerman(m): 9:37am On Nov 06, 2018
Echelle:
You should also check d distance to any APC offices...
Trust me, you don't want to be associated with failures, nepotism and ofcourse lifelessness....

Bros... not all APC is bad.... It is Buhari who made APC sour.... He's not a good leader at all...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alternative Building Technology And Its Application To Nigerian Architecture / Cheap Pvc Ceiling In Nigeria / Any Architects In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.