Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,104 members, 7,814,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos (25303 Views)

What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? / Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive / Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by CotenantNIG: 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
Hello

Lets look at fees you would be paying when renting an apartment in Lagos.

Renting an apartment in Lagos is a task.

So with this you can get prepared.

FEES TO TAKE NOTE OFF

Registration Form: This is the first money you would always pay before you see a property, this form is always ₦1,000 or higher some times

Rent:  Renting an apartment means entering into a legal arrangement with a landlord (the owner of the property) to live in the space for an agreed-upon fee. This fee, which is usually paid on a monthly basis or yearly, is called rent. The renter who occupies the apartment is also known as the tenant.

Agreement: This fee is usually collected by agents, but of recent Landlords are now collecting agreement money. The agreement is usually 5% of the cost of property you are renting, if you don't pay this fee you are not entering into your apartment.

Commission: This is the agent fee when you are renting an apartment, its usually the other 5% percent of the agreement from renting an apartment. The painful thing about commissions is if 10 agents are connected to a property they would share lets say ₦15,000 equally after a client have rented a property.

Legal Fees: If a property is being handled by a lawyer, you must pay legal fees to the lawyer. This fees are mostly for documentations etc

Service Charge: Most property on the island collect service charge, a charge made for maintenance on a property which has been leased. For example the space owners are the one that pay for your electricity, most shared apartments and short lets have serviced charged attached to their fees

Damages: Source

Thank you
add yours too

2 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by YorubaPrince: 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
Owo Awon Boys nko? angry

Owo Omo Onile nko angry

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by immaculate1234(m): 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
coolf
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by WalkerMichael(m): 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
PLEASE IF YOUR HUSBAND IS TALL,DARK AND DRIVES A TOYOTA CAR...HE IS IN MY COMPOUND COOKING SPAGHETTI FOR ONE FEMALE CORPER O

9 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by englishmart(m): 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2019
I prefer house to apartment cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2019
Lol... You did not add mental health fees.

I'll keep saying it, everyone living in Lagos should keep a part of their earnings aside to take care of their mental health. Let's remove the inherent anger everybody there seems to foster and focus on the traffic. Traffic takes a new meaning in Lag.

I visited Lagos for two weeks during my NYSC and I've never gone back. How can someone leave her home at 4:30 am for an 8:00am job only to return at 10:00pm when they close at 6:00?

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by soleexx(m): 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2019
I'm proud to be a Nigerian... Like if u proud too

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by maigemuu: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
Oba's fee nko

If you get an apartment near where the king resides...you go pay oba's fee...oba mosi.

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by abeliver: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
Toilet fee grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by 1kbusiness: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
You used "off" oh instead of "of". M not an English person oh abeg. just wanted to show u since u missed it. Sorry.

The list take style plenty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Sarmiz24(m): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2019
Sorry who know how much it will cost me to get one room in Eko Atlantic ...... DM me if u have Idea,Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Mays24(f): 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
Just keep some money for area boys grin
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by faithfull18(f): 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
Very annoying.
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by CotenantNIG: 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
Offer shared apartments and short let's on http://cotenant.ng/register

Get started
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by bob55dave(m): 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
Nice one
Am planning on renting a place in lagos by january. I want to relocate
Budget is about 100k. What can i get with this amount

2 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Passionate888: 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
Na wa
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2019
soleexx:
you were born to suffer

2 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Femich18(m): 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2019
cool
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by calddon(m): 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2019
Agreement should be same as legal fee, whats wrong with us?

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by sonnie10: 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2019
You forgot Damages

2 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by akeensbussy(m): 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
bob55dave:
Nice one Am planning on renting a place in lagos by january. I want to relocate Budget is about 100k. What can i get with this amount
Shared A room with shared facilities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by larry90500(m): 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2019
Stop getting your apartments by contacting local agents. Contact the right professionals (Estate Surveyors).

However, The only proper fees you are meant to pay when you want to enter into occupation of a new premise are;
1. Rent (The amount the building commands, the money the building owner gets)
2. Agency fee ( Certain percentage of the rent is usually collected as agency fee)
3. Legal fee (The basis of your contract. The landlord and tenants obligations are usually stated here.)
4. Caution deposit ( Refundable fee, if you keep the premise intact as you met it)
5. Service charge (depending on how the premise is being managed)

Don't contact quacks(local agents) for property related affairs! Na person wey sabi road make you follow!

3 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by femi4: 7:06pm On Nov 06, 2019
computergeek:

I'll keep saying it, everyone living in Lagos should keep a part of their earnings aside to take care of their mental health. Let's remove the inherent anger everybody there seems to foster and focus on the traffic. Traffic takes a new meaning in Lag.

I visited Lagos for two weeks during my NYSC and I've never gone back. How can someone leave her home at 4:30 am for an 8:00am job only to return at 10:00pm when they close at 6:00?

Lagos is meant for the tough ones physically and mentally ....Its not just in you

3 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2019
femi4:
Lagos is meant for the tough ones physically and mentally ....Its not just in you
Which kain tough? That kind of stress can cause a person to age faster and increase your risk of early mortality.

I live in the East and life here is tranquil with a far better quality.

9 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Jokerman(m): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
Agency fee and commission fee is the worse

How can I rent a mini for 300k, and you are asking for 70/70/30, instead of 50/50/20??

Agents fear God

4 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by paix(m): 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2019
soleexx:
Can you recite the national anthem? Let's see how patriotic you are.

2 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by DameB(f): 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2019
computergeek:

This instance you described is good.
Some get home 12. Some leave home 4 and get to work 9am

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Permanently Kill Grasses On Your Frontage Or Driveway / RECENT CCTV INSTALLATIONS PICTURES.... / What Is The Estimated Cost Of This Floor Plan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.