Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers (20802 Views)

Honda Accord All Light On Dashboard / 9 Essential Tips For Drivers This Harmattan Season / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by Idrismusty97(m): 8:19am On Nov 07, 2018
Read it like three times didn't see any correlation with gambling, But the comments are different.

2 Likes

Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by Assassin101: 8:21am On Nov 07, 2018
Japan Display Inc, "bets" on Electronic screens for drivers

meaning they have so much confidence in their creative innovation to bet on its durability

This is not about your usual baba-ijebu, nairabet, betnaija and other gambling stuff
Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by akintunde63: 8:24am On Nov 07, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Fully digital screens are replacing speedometers and dials in vehicles, making industry leader Japan Display Inc.optimistic about boosting sales to global carmakers.

While most new models usually have a central information panel for maps, entertainment and other functions, manufacturers are also increasingly replacing the dashboard facing the driver with a flat screen. Look inside the latest BMW or Mercedes-Benz, chances are Japan Display made the panel.

Replacing instrument clusters with screens is challenging because they need to be more reliable and withstand swings in temperature while providing critical information for the driver. That also makes them more expensive and lets display suppliers demand higher margins, making them an attractive enterprise. Japan Display, the world’s biggest supplier of panels in cars, is betting that the shift to electric vehicles will make screens the key selling point for any car as drivers pay more attention to the interior aesthetics of automobiles than what’s under the hood.

“It used to be all about the engine — how many cylinders, how much horsepower, the sound of it — but with electric vehicles that’s all gone,” Holger Gerkens, who heads JDI’s automotive business, said in an interview. “How do you create attraction? You can do a lot with displays.”

Digital dashboard also offers advantages for drivers, for example changing the style and amount of information for different driving modes, making maps more prominent when needed. For now, they are mostly used in high-end cars made by Audi, Mercedes-Benz and some supercar manufacturers.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/11/japan-display-bets-on-dashboard-flash.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Dominique

More accidents on the way
Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by Jaynom(m): 8:43am On Nov 07, 2018
ollah2:

And the people sowing seeds will argue crazily that it's working and their actions will develop Nigeria
It's sad
Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by hahn(m): 8:52am On Nov 07, 2018
meezynetwork:
Ignorance is making people think they are talking abt gamling

They did not bother to read the op undecided
Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by Squillionaire: 8:55am On Nov 07, 2018
Now, I appreciate better, my decision never to argue with people on this and other online platforms; the level of comprehension and cognitive reasoning here is absolutely zilch.

1 Like

Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by jesutakewe(f): 9:56am On Nov 07, 2018
Although the headline was misleading but nairalander don't read before commenting.
MOD's should please try and do their works very well.
Delete comments that are racist like afonja, etc and the poster should be banned.
Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by ayusco85(m): 10:12am On Nov 07, 2018
Jaynom:

Over here in Nigeria we are busy Sowing seeds

That's why I always listen to daddy freeze. He is not perfect but I luv his messages. Nigeria needs to move past religion and start fixing their destinies
Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by blujoi(m): 10:15am On Nov 07, 2018
Brother that’s the best disposition to Nairaland. This article is a perfect proof that a great majority of Nigerians don’t read, both offline and online. And I bet you 99% of those commenting are graduates or undergraduates. It’s funny but tragic, now imagine the number of educated illiterates we’ll have in the next 10-20years, and some people were arguing on another thread on the IQ level of most Nigerians, Lol!!!!

Squillionaire:
Now, I appreciate better, my decision never to argue with people on this and other online platforms; the level of comprehension and cognitive reasoning here is absolutely zilch.

2 Likes

Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by olucomf: 10:20am On Nov 07, 2018
Only U Talk Better Tins, Others Are Gambler
ayusco85:
Japan have reached the future we have been dreaming oof since during creation.

Technology is Japan.. Argue with ur keyboard
Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by Adulphus(m): 11:41am On Nov 07, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
When drivers betslip cut, na accident straight.
grin grin grin You be Clown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by Airtimex(m): 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2018
Hahaha cheesy

I don laugh tire. I love Nigerians, funny citizens with funny government...

Mind you, those guys commenting about betslip are fully aware the topic isn't about gambling.

The topic should have a different heading abeg. grin
Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by chuckjonesbaba(m): 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2018
seunny4lif:

I swear grin

Lol
Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by chuckjonesbaba(m): 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2018
rottennaija:
This post and writeup really shows that most nairalanders don't read the article before commenting. Nothing in that article spoke of betting or betting slips or betting displayed in dashboard

Lol
Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by Rajosh(m): 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2018
lol. The article is not talking about football betting o. I can see some people didn't read before commenting.
Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by smith666999(m): 9:00pm On Nov 07, 2018
and some wankers will start looking for a way to watch blue film while driving... that's if the technology allows videos...
Re: Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers by yenereal(m): 7:29am On Nov 08, 2018
You misunderstood the post. Funny enough, even a lot of people liking your post too.
OkaNaUbe:
When drivers' betslip cut, na accident straight!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help Me With Clarification Of Odometer / Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. / Dozens Of BMWs Have Burst Into Flames Long After Owners Say They Turned Them Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.