Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump (35706 Views)

Donald Trump Admits That Joe Biden Won The American Presidential Election / Giant Swarm Of Flying Ants, Looking Like Rain Captured Sweeping Over UK (Photos) / Abolfazl Shekarchi To Trump: Save Us From Coronavirus, Not Make Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 07, 2018
Iamgrey5:
How will they ensure Trumps victory?

Trump won states govern by Democrats in the last election and Hilary won states govern by Republicans too.

It's not a new thing in American politics.

The election results tonight guarantees nothing.
Trump campaigned for those senators and Governors despite all the supposed Trump rejection, they won which means the people there are behind Trump and those states are the deciding factors in presidential election as they have more electoral values

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 07, 2018
PDPGuy:
The Democratic House will launch a tsunami of investigations on the Trump administration, beginning from January. So, I’ll advice Trump to hire more lawyers in the White House Counsel’s office to handle the expected requests of docs from the Democrats
they can only investigate and then release the result to the Republican control Senate. it will be the Senate decision to act on their findings

2 Likes

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Iamgrey5(m): 8:16am On Nov 07, 2018
Mklanceee:

most people on niaraland are pro-buhari. they hate the fact that Trump seems not to be in support of buhari. Nigerians are generally conservative. my support for Republicans is base on their conservative ideas
Correction

I don't like Trump for using divisive tactics to try to win elections.

I don't like Trump for supporting Racist groups like "Altright" .

I don't like Trump for always using terrible rhetorics against minorities.

Please tell me which of the aforementioned is about conservatism

2 Likes

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by dometome: 8:18am On Nov 07, 2018
dancewith:
Clearly most do not understand what the US mid term elections mean when they claim the republicans had won the Senate. Yes they did but consider these factors

Only 33 seats of the Senate's 100 seats are up for the mid term elections . Meaning the republicans won 18 of those and the democrats 15. Also note that most of the 33 seats are in the republicans major strong holds

The entire 435 seats of The house are up for elections meaning the entire country voted for this and the democrats won convincingly by a majority of 24 seats.

This shows that if the entire Senate seats were up for elections there would be a strong likelihood that the democrats would have won that too

As for those saying trump is a good strategist or the best leader American ever had, it is well documented that this man is a demagogue, divisive and racist and everything real American abhors
complete BS

1 Like

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Kahujadekadura: 8:20am On Nov 07, 2018
dancewith:
Clearly most do not understand what the US mid term elections mean when they claim the republicans had won the Senate. Yes they did but consider these factors

Only 33 seats of the Senate's 100 seats are up for the mid term elections . Meaning the republicans won 18 of those and the democrats 15. Also note that most of the 33 seats are in the republicans major strong holds

The entire 435 seats of The house are up for elections meaning the entire country voted for this and the democrats won convincingly by a majority of 24 seats.

This shows that if the entire Senate seats were up for elections there would be a strong likelihood that the democrats would have won that too

As for those saying trump is a good strategist or the best leader American ever had, it is well documented that this man is a demagogue, divisive and racist and everything real American abhors
Becos he reminded ur president that he is lifeless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Iamgrey5(m): 8:23am On Nov 07, 2018
lilbest4:
Trump campaigned for those senators and Governors despite all the supposed Trump rejection, they won which means the people there are behind Trump and those states are the deciding factors in presidential election as they have more electoral values
Trump also campaigned for those that lost. didn't he?

And like I stated earlier, outside Texas that the republican party have won local elections for nearly three decades.

Most of those other places are deep red states republicans are supposed to do well in.

What of the districts Trump won by nearly double digits two years ago that just elected democratic congressmen and women.

2 Likes

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 07, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Correction

I don't like Trump for using divisive tactics to try to win elections.

I don't like Trump for supporting Racist groups like "Altright" .

I don't like Trump for always using terrible rhetorics against minorities.

Please tell me which of the aforementioned is about conservatism
hypocrite first remove the rafter in your own eyes.
but you like buhari for calling some region 5%.
you like it when buhari keep all his appointment to one particular tribe?
the level America is now is what Nigeria will never get to.
Trump is just telling you the truth that democrat wish they can tell but won't do it because of political gain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by hermesprogidy(m): 8:24am On Nov 07, 2018
NOC1:
Republican won majority of the Senate seat, if you ever followed Trump campaign during this Midterm election you will agree with me that all his attention was on the Senate and some key states controlled by Democrats and he succeeded. on rare occasions do A party control the whole arms of Government in America.
As of today Republicans Control the Executive, Judiciary and Majority in the Senate. the confirmation of Judge Kavanough before midterm election was brought to diffuse any upturn from the Democrats after Yesterday election and to Pacify the Bush faction before the election, His confirmation was the chip that kept republican in control of the Senate.
Let me guess, you just watched FoxNews and replicated their analysis. Anyone who tells you Trump is a happy man is just playing political peekaboo. Trump is in for a bumpy ride for the next two years of his tenure. Democrat control of the house means they can frustrate Republican policies from immigration to healthcare etc. Must importantly, the dreaded Mueller investigation can no longer be quashed by Trump. His own son is very close to indictment for colluding with Russians during the 2016 elections. Democrats now have the power to subpoena anyway one they wish to appear before the house. Trump himself is under investigation for collusion, tax evasion, and embezzlement of campaign funds. These guys can also impeach Trump if any of these accusations stick.
Trust me, Trump is an uneasy man right now. Ask Obama how pleasant it was to work with a house dominated by Republicans. It was terrible, they frustrated every policy of the executive.
American politics just got bloody exciting!

4 Likes

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by czar2k16(m): 8:25am On Nov 07, 2018
Blessinflipcash:
FLIP CASH INVESTMENT NIGERIA LTD

This Is a unique and legitimate platform that gives you double of your investment within 2hrs and after 2hrs you can do another one.
Call or whatsapp Mrs Ayodele Blessing on 08039208755 to be a member
No scam
100% legit
Here are the packages below:-
5k and get 10k
10k and get 20k
20k and get 40k
30k and get 60k
40k and get 80k
50k and get 100k
60k and get 120k
70k and get 140k
80k and get 160k
90k and get 180k
100k and get 200k
150k and get 300k
200k and get 400k
250k and get 500k
300k and get 600k
Call or whatsapp Mrs. blessing on 08039208755 for registration and pledging

BROUGHT TO YOU BY NIGERIA GOVERNMENT ®2018

Ur Father
Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by OfficialAPCNig: 8:27am On Nov 07, 2018
holyfather:

It seems to me like nairaland is pro democrats
Yoruba moslems are pro-democrats and they share something in common: enjoys seeing acts of terrorism while SE/SS are pro-republicans. They love progress.

3 Likes

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Temple1288(m): 8:29am On Nov 07, 2018
chuckjonesbaba:

The unemployment rate that you are talking about and the strong economy is as a result of Obama's economic reforms. This man inherited a good economy. Please dont say what you dont know. You won't understand until you are here in the United states.

Inherited a good economy when Obama said it's gonna take MAGIC to bring back jobs. You're just ignorant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 07, 2018
chuckjonesbaba:

Boy can you listen to yourself? Do you ever read the news? Are you in the United states?
by reading the news, do you mean read democrat influence CNN?

1 Like

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Temple1288(m): 8:33am On Nov 07, 2018
dancewith:

Bullshit!
Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Iamgrey5(m): 8:33am On Nov 07, 2018
Mklanceee:

hypocrite first remove the rafter in your own eyes.
but you like buhari for calling some region 5%.
you like it when buhari keep all his appointment to one particular tribe?
the level America is now is what Nigeria will never get to.
Trump is just telling you the truth that democrat wish they can tell but won't do it because of political gain
You seem to lack the understanding of the word Hypocrisy (double standard )

First of all, I never supported Buhari on issues that insults minorities, not to mention that ibos are not minority in Nigeria

Secondly, I did not criticize Trump appointments or method of appointment, but rather his words and actions. I hope you are aware that the president has the right to appointment anyone into his cabinet

Thirdly, your post is the perfect definition of the word Hypocrisy because you tried to criticize Buhari, while praising Trump for doing the same thing.
Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 07, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Governors and senators will ensure Trumps victory?

You must think America is just like Nigeria right?
Trump will still win with the electoral college .

1 Like

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by artofseduction: 8:35am On Nov 07, 2018
helinues:
Its expected

Republican still have majority in the house.

This election shows half of Americans are behind Trump.

Florida and Georgia are the deciding factors of who control Usa. With th latest result, Republicans are leading in both states.

Trump may be lousy or probably talk( tweet to much) but he has a good policy. Forget about all the negative news from CNN and co.

A leader with a vision must definitely step on some greedy peoples toe. Buhari is facing same problem down in Nigeria. He may be clueless in some aspect but in overall, he has strengthen our institution and also laid a good policy.

Which institutions beg?
Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Abbeybailey(m): 8:35am On Nov 07, 2018
hermesprogidy:

Let me guess, you just watched FoxNews and replicated their analysis. Anyone who tells you Trump is a happy man is just playing political peekaboo. Trump is in for a bumpy ride for the next two years of his tenure. Democrat control of the house means they can frustrate Republican policies from immigration to healthcare etc. Must importantly, the dreaded Mueller investigation can no longer be quashed by Trump. His own son is very close to indictment for colluding with Russians during the 2016 elections. Democrats now have the power to subpoena anyway one they wish to appear before the house. Trump himself is under investigation for collusion, tax evasion, and embezzlement of campaign funds. These guys can also impeach Trump if any of these accusations stick.
Trust me, Trump is an uneasy man right now. Ask Obama how pleasant it was to work with a house dominated by Republicans. It was terrible, they frustrated every policy of the executive.
Gbam. You are 100% correct. Trump is wetting his underwear in the WH as we speak.
Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Iamgrey5(m): 8:36am On Nov 07, 2018
Mklanceee:
Trump will still win with the electoral college .
How?
Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by OfficialAPCNig: 8:38am On Nov 07, 2018
hermesprogidy:

Going by history, Trump won. In American's democracy, rarely would you see the party of the incumbent President winning the House.

If Hillary is the President, Republicans would have retained hold of the House.

As for the investigations, the House would bark, but the Senate is there to tame them. Many Democrat's Anti-Trump fanatics lost at the poll.

2 Likes

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by HegenIkomkeh(m): 8:40am On Nov 07, 2018
mayorjosh:
Democrats don’t have a valid plan for America. It’s their hate for Trump that makes them win elections.

Trump reducing unemployment rate to
2.8%. He should come and replace Buhari abeg
Not true!

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by hermesprogidy(m): 8:41am On Nov 07, 2018
expert234:

If I'm a terrorist and plan to attack America, I will simply fund democrats to win elections. I know they will open American borders to me based on empty sentiments and give me free entrance to make my attack very very easy. They are good at offering America To foreign terrorists on a platter of gold.

Another hogwash from Trump and FoxNews. The claims to the economy by Republicans is like reaping where you did not sow. Economic recovery started 94 months ago under the Obama administration. Kudos to the Republicans, they maintained it. But it's all a bubble because tax cuts to corporations is driving up budget deficits. The whole thing may soon collapse like a pack of cards and usher in a recession.
Lastly, if you believe for one second that poor, impoverished immigrants making their way from Latin America to the US are a threat, then you need to read less tweets from Trump and read the real news.
Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by ashjay001(m): 8:43am On Nov 07, 2018
lilbest4:
Republican won majority of Senate and Governor seats.
Trump mainly focused on senate and Governor seats as those will ensure his victory in 2020
Meanwhile

Unemployment in d US is d lowest in over 40yrs.

Strong job numbers n strong economic indicators and they still lost d houseshocked

U guys can spin any negativity to positives sha undecided
Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by hermesprogidy(m): 8:46am On Nov 07, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Going by history, Trump won. In American's democracy, rarely would you see the party of the incumbent President winning the House.

If Hillary is the President, Republicans would have retained hold of the House.

As for the investigations, the House would bark, but the Senate is there to tame them. Many Democrat's Anti-Trump fanatics lost at the poll.
Just wait and see. At least three of Trump's associates are already in prison. Why didn't the Senate stop them from going to prison? Smell the coffee my friend. America is not Nigeria.
Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 07, 2018
Iamgrey5:
You seem to lack the understanding of the word Hypocrisy (double standard )

First of all, I never supported Buhari on issues that insults minorities, not to mention that ibos are not minority in Nigeria

Secondly, I did not criticize Trump appointments or method of appointment, but rather his words and actions. I hope you are aware that the president has the right to appointment anyone into his cabinet

Thirdly, your post is the perfect definition of the word Hypocrisy because you tried to criticize Buhari, while praising Trump for doing the same thing.
our level of hate and tribalism in Nigeria election is a million times higher than even other African. I expect you to try fix your home before you try to lecture a country that we are never getting to their level.
you did not see anything wrong in your own president divisive words and actions but you are more interested in what is happening in far away US . you should be vocal on niaraland against how buhari is treating other ethnic groups in Nigeria before criticizing trump

4 Likes

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by johnpalmer774(m): 8:51am On Nov 07, 2018
Blessinflipcash:

This Is a unique and legitimate platform that gives you double of your investment within 2hrs and after 2hrs you can do another one.
No scam
100% legit
5k and get 10k
10k and get 20k
20k and get 40k
30k and get 60k
40k and get 80k
50k and get 100k
60k and get 120k
70k and get 140k
80k and get 160k
90k and get 180k
100k and get 200k
150k and get 300k
200k and get 400k
250k and get 500k
300k and get 600k

If Anybody fall victim of this ur crap dem supposed go hang d person immediately to the fact that u used brought by Nigeria Government is anough proof to ur scam.
Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2018
Iamgrey5:
How?
the fact that his base and supporters which voted him are still intact will make him win again. he is even gaining more African American supporters. Obama lost both the house and Senate so it is nothing new

1 Like

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by opara28(m): 8:56am On Nov 07, 2018
Foolish idiot....Anu mpam
Blessinflipcash:

No scam
100% legit
5k and get 10k
10k and get 20k
20k and get 40k
30k and get 60k
40k and get 80k
50k and get 100k
60k and get 120k
70k and get 140k
80k and get 160k
90k and get 180k
100k and get 200k
150k and get 300k
200k and get 400k
250k and get 500k
300k and get 600k

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by PDPGuy: 8:59am On Nov 07, 2018
Mklanceee:

they can only investigate and then release the result to the Republican control Senate. it will be the Senate decision to act on their findings
Nah
The House doesn’t need the Senate’s ‘permission’ to release any findings. For instance, the House leadership could ask Mueller and the DOJ to submit his report to them.

Moreover, a Democratic House means that there will be no funding of Trump’s borderwall, because both the House and Senate have to concur before any budgetary item is passed by Congress.

1 Like

Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by helinues: 9:00am On Nov 07, 2018
artofseduction:

Which institutions beg?

Politics is not about sentiment or emotion.
Re: Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 07, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
So Nancy Pelosi will turn speaker?
I tell you.....her hatred for Trump is out of this world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ukrainian Forces Have Retaken Control Of Mykolaiv Airport. / Russia Attacks Kramatorsk Train Station In Ukraine, 39 People Killed / Russia Retaliates To Obama's Sanctions, CNN Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.