Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities (24919 Views)

9 Clear Signs You Will Be Poor - FinancialSlot / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2018
Opportunity is a hassle goddess who has no time for the unprepared.
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by writeprof(m): 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2018
OP, thanks for this. I'm one of those it has definitely gingered. If it was on Yeyebrities or Politricksters...
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by minasota(f): 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2018
canadastime:
Process your ¢anada Visa with us

Its simple:
1. Your Resume
2. Cover up letter
3. International Passport
4. Working Email address
4. And a processing fee of $40
NO DOWN PAYMENT. PROCESS WITH YOUR MONEY,ONCE THE VISA IS OUT I WILL PAY ?
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by lekzzyteebee(m): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2018
Well Said
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by MGab25(m): 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2018
Opinionated:
Opportunities are only useful to the prepared.

To help you actualize your dreams and tap opportunities, you should know:

These 20 Tips to Make life Easier

That's a great write up you've got there. It's dearly needed at this point in my life, that seems to show no fruit of my labour.

Thanks again!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 07, 2018
Opportunities are like buses when one passes wait for the next one
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by oglalasioux(m): 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2018
Tell number 2 to MMM people. They are sure to tell you their experiences.
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by piagetskinner(m): 12:05am On Nov 08, 2018
if you are not prepared you will never know when opportunity comes knocking l
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by rinzaugustine: 3:31am On Nov 08, 2018
JohnspeakU:
4 CLEAR CUT REASONS WHY YOU KEEP MISSING OUT ON OPPORTUNITIES

© Johnspeak Uwangue

Opportunities are the crucial stepping stones to the next levels in our careers and business. And we should always focus on keeping an eye out for opportunities and making the most of them when they arrive. But often opportunities slip by without us even noticing them, and we are not paying attention to what is causing us to miss them.

Today, I want to share with you just some of the many reasons why we keep missing opportunities from a different point of view.

1. AS A THIEF
Oftentimes, opportunities may come to us as a thief. They come in the form of stealing from us and people who always miss out on these kinds of opportunities are those who are always scared of losing. I keep telling people that the reason why the rich keeps getting richer is that the rich are not scared of using the money they have to get more money. They understand the concept that you use money to get more money. Meanwhile, the poor will always hold on to the little they have and not invest it because they always think that someone or an opportunity wants to steal away the little they have.

2. TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
Have you ever told someone about an opportunity you have and they analyze and tell you that your idea or opportunity is too good to be true? This is another reason why most people lose out on great opportunities. Most people over analyze and over analyze until they over analyze themselves out of an opportunity that could have changed their lives forever. It’s good to always analyze an opportunity presented but always be careful not to over analyze yourself out of a great opportunity.

3. AS LOVE
Sometime ago, my sister was looking for a model for her makeup business interview with one of the country’s leading newspaper. She had friends she could call for the job but she had to tell me about it before informing her friends who are into modeling. As I sat down to think about the concept, I remembered that a course mate of mine was into modeling. The truth is, I was never close to this course mate of mine; we were just the Hi and Hello kind of friends. I knew that she being featured on a top Nigerian newspaper will boost her modeling career and also give her something to brag about but another thought kept telling me not to give her the spotlight because she might not appreciate it.
But out of love to help grow someone’s career I informed her and she was super excited about it. The interview was done and her face was featured on the newspaper and that boosted her career and we became very good friends after that. My main point is that this lady has helped to grow my own career more than I helped grew her career.

4. TIME WASTER
Have you ever been told of an opportunity and you neglected it because it was going to take too long to produce results? I have had opportunities that were supposed to take longer time but manifested in a shorter time because I was dedicated to it. Because it took a longer time for someone else doesn’t mean it will take longer time for you. It’s just a matter of dedication and consistency.
Opportunities abound everywhere and opportunities not taken hold of will fly away and leave us to wait for another opportunity which may take longer time to come or might not came again. Every opportunity is an opportunity to grow to the next level in our businesses, careers, relationship, family, finance etc.
SUCCEED YOU MUST!
© Johnspeak Uwangue

Very true
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by canadastime(m): 5:35am On Nov 08, 2018
minasota:
NO DOWN PAYMENT. PROCESS WITH YOUR MONEY,ONCE THE VISA IS OUT I WILL PAY ?

Not hard to do but you have to show commitment
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by GetCofOProperty: 8:37am On Nov 08, 2018
Thank you so much for this.
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by anitasoll(f): 8:53am On Nov 08, 2018
ViralBOY:
Let's not wait for opportunity, let's create them
That's what differentiate the rich from the poor.

I totally agree with you. The problem today is, young people are not ready to think. For instance, the internet offers us a lot of opportunities to make money without little or more capital as long as you have a laptop or mobile phone. I encourage people to stop searching for jobs but create job opportunities. Make up your mind to start an online business, take the pains to study, choose and niche never get tired of learning and you'll build that empire of your dream without working for anyone
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by minasota(f): 8:59pm On Nov 08, 2018
canadastime:

Not hard to do but you have to show commitment
Not @ll .I've been scammed severally by dubious and wicked agents.
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by canadastime(m): 10:26pm On Nov 08, 2018
minasota:
Not @ll .I've been scammed severally by dubious and wicked agents.

Our work speaks for us

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Members Of A Nigerian Family Inducted As Lawyers In One Day(photos) / TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff / My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.