Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities (24903 Views)

9 Clear Signs You Will Be Poor - FinancialSlot / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 07, 2018
4 CLEAR CUT REASONS WHY YOU KEEP MISSING OUT ON OPPORTUNITIES

© Johnspeak Uwangue

Opportunities are the crucial stepping stones to the next levels in our careers and business. And we should always focus on keeping an eye out for opportunities and making the most of them when they arrive. But often opportunities slip by without us even noticing them, and we are not paying attention to what is causing us to miss them.

Today, I want to share with you just some of the many reasons why we keep missing opportunities from a different point of view.

1. AS A THIEF
Oftentimes, opportunities may come to us as a thief. They come in the form of stealing from us and people who always miss out on these kinds of opportunities are those who are always scared of losing. I keep telling people that the reason why the rich keeps getting richer is that the rich are not scared of using the money they have to get more money. They understand the concept that you use money to get more money. Meanwhile, the poor will always hold on to the little they have and not invest it because they always think that someone or an opportunity wants to steal away the little they have.

2. TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
Have you ever told someone about an opportunity you have and they analyze and tell you that your idea or opportunity is too good to be true? This is another reason why most people lose out on great opportunities. Most people over analyze and over analyze until they over analyze themselves out of an opportunity that could have changed their lives forever. It’s good to always analyze an opportunity presented but always be careful not to over analyze yourself out of a great opportunity.

3. AS LOVE
Sometime ago, my sister was looking for a model for her makeup business interview with one of the country’s leading newspaper. She had friends she could call for the job but she had to tell me about it before informing her friends who are into modeling. As I sat down to think about the concept, I remembered that a course mate of mine was into modeling. The truth is, I was never close to this course mate of mine; we were just the Hi and Hello kind of friends. I knew that she being featured on a top Nigerian newspaper will boost her modeling career and also give her something to brag about but another thought kept telling me not to give her the spotlight because she might not appreciate it.
But out of love to help grow someone’s career I informed her and she was super excited about it. The interview was done and her face was featured on the newspaper and that boosted her career and we became very good friends after that. My main point is that this lady has helped to grow my own career more than I helped grew her career.

4. TIME WASTER
Have you ever been told of an opportunity and you neglected it because it was going to take too long to produce results? I have had opportunities that were supposed to take longer time but manifested in a shorter time because I was dedicated to it. Because it took a longer time for someone else doesn’t mean it will take longer time for you. It’s just a matter of dedication and consistency.
Opportunities abound everywhere and opportunities not taken hold of will fly away and leave us to wait for another opportunity which may take longer time to come or might not came again. Every opportunity is an opportunity to grow to the next level in our businesses, careers, relationship, family, finance etc.
SUCCEED YOU MUST!
© Johnspeak Uwangue

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by Opinionated: 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2018
Opportunities are only useful to the prepared.

To help you actualize your dreams and tap opportunities, you should know:

These 20 Tips to Make life Easier

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by Naijaguy12345(m): 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2018
BAD HEADLINE. Na you go keep missing opportunities no be me.

53 Likes

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by beeff(m): 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2018
N
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by ViralBOY: 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2018
Let's not wait for opportunity, let's create them
That's what differentiate the rich from the poor.

6 Likes

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by Fela0: 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2018
Nice post
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by XaviDayo(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2018
I did not see the chief reason why people miss out on opportunities. .....

#Procrastination

11 Likes

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by englishmart(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2018
When I first saw "As a thief " as one of the reasons, I thought you were calling me a thief. I was about responding "Na Ganduje be thief" before I saw it clearly..

20 Likes

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by Hycon(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2018
Waiting for the perfect time undecided
A good time is better

6 Likes

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by TheAngry1: 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2018
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by CharliParker: 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2018
good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by SamAzing: 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2018
~
Opinionated:
Opportunities are only useful to the prepared.
~

Opportunities vary.
Some need your readiness before hand.
Some other, you get ready your mind when the opportunities call on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by SunkamSolarPowe(m): 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2018
True talk. The fear of unknown is what I called.
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by Opiletool(m): 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2018
Village people no1
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by lawerence474: 5:16pm On Nov 07, 2018
hmm shud we believe this
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2018
Major reason omitted

Village People

1 Like

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by canadastime(m): 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2018
Process your ¢anada Visa with us

Its simple:
1. Your Resume
2. Cover up letter
3. International Passport
4. Working Email address
4. And a processing fee of $40

1 Like

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by MartinsD12(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2018
Naijaguy12345:
Haha � you de vex o grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by Ojaplacedotcom: 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2018
Investors and shareholders are needed for ojaplace.com ojaplace is an online marketplace that enables multi vendor selling, booking of flights and hotels, hosting and development of sites and mobile and web apps. You can chat with ceo on 08034650508 via whatsapp. We need some funds to sort web hosting. Guaranteed dividends every week
Re: 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities by Viking007(m): 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2018
Naijaguy12345:
cheesy cheesy cheesy Despite the thread being on front page, it's still deserted.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Members Of A Nigerian Family Inducted As Lawyers In One Day(photos) / Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply / TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.