Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,775 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:56 AM

Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) (40960 Views)

Oshiomhole In Vigorous Workout (Pictures) / What Is President Buhari Telling Oshiomhole In This Picture With Lyon? / Emmanuel Udom Receives Buhari, Oshiomhole In Uyo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:01am On Nov 08, 2018
MalcoImX:
Copy copy party PDP will soon copy with Secondus Bus.

Daft secondus was never a governor
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 08, 2018
autojosh:

These are Edo state government-owned mass transit luxury buses.

This bus scheme is under the supervision and management of the Edo City Transport Service Limited (ECTS).

This mass transit bus scheme is the initiative of the former governor of Edo state, Adams Oshiomhole.

The buses were nicknamed the “Comrade bus” by the Oshionmhole administration. Ostensibly, they were named after the initiator, the “Comrade Governor” - Adams Oshionmhole.

Governor Godwin Obaseki recently took delivery of 75 brand new “Comrade Buses”.

It is part of an elaborate mass transit plan that includes the construction of ultra-modern Terminals, Cashless Payment by commuters, etc.

The scheme is intended to improve service to the people, boost revenue, offer employment opportunities, etc.

The “Comrade Buses” are ubiquitous sights in major towns in Edo state.

https://autojosh.com/see-the-buses-that-were-named-after-adams-oshiomhole-photos/

Osho will assist buhari to pack his bag as they head for Edo n Daura respectively...grin.

Meanwhile are u unemployed? Do u want to learn online legitimately?

Send a single what'sapp message to my business line on my signature.
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by odigbosky(m): 8:13am On Nov 08, 2018
Autojosh these buses here are the new one Obaseki bought oooo. The Original Oshiomole bus are green and you can't compare them to these ones na.

Oshiomole buses as they are called started at about 2010. Then they issued tickets to passengers entering for N30. They later increased it to N50 about 2 or 3 years later. The government later came up with the e -card for payment. The cards were sold for N400 and it was N50 for card owners and N70 for non card holders. The government also gave students their cards which i think was free for them then but adults took advantage of it so govt scrapped it. Now cash is not accepted if one wants to use these buses. all payments are made using that card....I started using this bus in 2010 and till now i never buy bus card.....

1 Like

Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by netflicks(m): 8:15am On Nov 08, 2018
No be today Nigerians dey suffer...
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by JuanDeDios: 8:16am On Nov 08, 2018
ednut1:
Autojosh dey try abeg. No be all this siddon for house copy and paste pple
That's right. Guy is darn good.

I heard most of the buses are driven by chicks. Did Autojosh investigate that?
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by odigbosky(m): 8:18am On Nov 08, 2018
JuanDeDios:

30 to 40 % of the buses are driven by females
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by Athena4: 8:20am On Nov 08, 2018
Mace0lane:
. You don’t have to lie I can smell endemic hate filled Igbo from planet apart.
Ironic, you're a very hateful person. "Smelling" Igbos up and down. Any body wey vex you na automatically igbo.
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by rickyrex(m): 8:21am On Nov 08, 2018
Very soon APC will now have to chose between tinubu and oshomole who to follow as their godfather. Thinking about the Yoruba's especially
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by solutionist: 8:34am On Nov 08, 2018
[quote author=odigbosky post=72780834]Autojosh these buses here are the new one Obaseki bought oooo. The Original Oshiomole bus are green and you can't compare them to these ones na.

Oshiomole buses as they are called started at about 2010. Then they issued tickets to passengers entering for N30. They later increased it to N50 about 2 or 3 years later. The government later came up with the e -card for payment. The cards were sold for N400 and it was N50 for card owners and N70 for non card holders. The government also gave students their cards which i think was free for them then but adults took advantage of it so govt scrapped it. Now cash is not accepted if one wants to use these buses. all payments are made using that card....I started using this bus in 2010 and till now i never buy

I can see "Comrade Bus" written on the red buses that you claim were bought by Obaseki.

The point Autojosh is trying to make is that wether the buses were bought by Oshiomhole or Obaseki, they call the buses Comrade buses.
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by kingharzy: 8:36am On Nov 08, 2018
Wait o0o, is it not in the same state we read about that's just building it's first pedestrian bridge? ?
Priorities went missing, hope someone finds them.
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by mechanics(m): 8:42am On Nov 08, 2018
If they won't practice a good maintenance culture, the buses won't last, just like the Abuja mass transit buses, in some places it's effective, but in some places not effective but when the buses were launched newly, almost all the local government areas were covered but now, maybe two to four.
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by JuanDeDios: 10:17am On Nov 08, 2018
odigbosky:

30 to 40 % of the buses are driven by females
Cool.
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by chukxie(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2018
See roads. How person shoes no go turn clay colour? Our leaders are wicked. While ordinary Nigerians are stuck with the"Na so we see, we go manage am" syndrome.
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by Gandollar(f): 10:27am On Nov 08, 2018
ionsman:

Some of you're just terrible beings. How do you even feel typing this trash you call a comment? Hate filled souls!
Oshi-omo-ole is a vagabond baboon. Buhari is a terrorist from Sudan. Aisha is a suicide bomber from yola.
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by Gandollar(f): 10:29am On Nov 08, 2018
Mace0lane:

Hate will not kill you bigoted Igbos. All your pathetic life is riddled in n with hate. How do you breath n live with so much hate plaguing your wretched destiny ?
Oshi-omo-ole is an ugly vagabond that married a foreign barren foreign woman. Buhari is jubril from Sudan as the original is lond dead. Aisha is a prostitute with office in Dubai.
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2018
Kenekingisback:
You mean after the alleged DSS arrest grin
the buses have always been a part of Edo state transco since Oshiomole was governor Nd they have always been well maintained. They used to be green now red. These new ones re just additional few to the ever growing fleet and they are very affordable and free for primary and secondary school kids.
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:29am On Nov 08, 2018
jom28gy:
Why must he write his name on government owned bus,is a criminal act
comrade is not his name however, the buses were nicknamed comrade buses because they came in his era. He isn't earning anything personal from them. It's just like when a street is named after a person, doesn't mean the person owns the street.
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:34am On Nov 08, 2018
odigbosky:
Autojosh these buses here are the new one Obaseki bought oooo. The Original Oshiomole bus are green and you can't compare them to these ones na.

Oshiomole buses as they are called started at about 2010. Then they issued tickets to passengers entering for N30. They later increased it to N50 about 2 or 3 years later. The government later came up with the e -card for payment. The cards were sold for N400 and it was N50 for card owners and N70 for non card holders. The government also gave students their cards which i think was free for them then but adults took advantage of it so govt scrapped it. Now cash is not accepted if one wants to use these buses. all payments are made using that card....I started using this bus in 2010 and till now i never buy bus card.....
erm before cash was scrapped, we who used the one in airport road all the way to estate paid 30 naira whether cash or card. Never owned a card but always paid 30 naira whenever I used the bus. Dunno how much airport Rd is now tho since it's been a while I used it.
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:35am On Nov 08, 2018
netflicks:
No be today Nigerians dey suffer...
how do you mean? Almost every country has shuttle inter city transport so what do you mean by ur statement?
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:36am On Nov 08, 2018
JuanDeDios:

lol.. very true.. mostly female drivers
Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:38am On Nov 08, 2018
mechanics:
If they won't practice a good maintenance culture, the buses won't last, just like the Abuja mass transit buses, in some places it's effective, but in some places not effective but when the buses were launched newly, almost all the local government areas were covered but now, maybe two to four.
this mode of transport has been in Edo state since 2010. All buses are still well maintained. These red ones were bought by the present government while the ones by the previous government re lemon green but all same size and all re still very much active.

1 Like

Re: Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS) by mechanics(m): 7:47am On Nov 09, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
this mode of transport has been in Edo state since 2010. All buses are still well maintained. These red ones were bought by the present government while the ones by the previous government re lemon green but all same size and all re still very much active.
Okay.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gofundme Page Opened For Sunday Igboho By Yorubas Abroad / Buhari Launches Website To Counter PDP Attacks (pics) / 27 Mourners And Traders Killed In Agatu, Benue As Herdsmen Storm Burial Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.