Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,330 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire (41261 Views)

An All-Female Pilot Crew Crashed The U.S Navy Spy Plane In The Sea (Photos) / Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria / Airport Workers Push Passenger Plane In Nigeria (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by Maket: 7:35am On Nov 08, 2018
May for his safety or for the safety of others as no one can be trusted in this country.
These that have been flying should clarify us.
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by Mikat: 7:36am On Nov 08, 2018
The hand scanner must have detected an object that needs to be confirmed not to be harmful. It is standard practice to subject self to further security check if requested in order not to endanger the life of other passengers.
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by Csamuel45(m): 7:37am On Nov 08, 2018
If na Oba of Benin dem go deny am entry?
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by 8stargeneral: 7:39am On Nov 08, 2018
Wht a nonsense, so if nah Emir of kano dey won't allow him enter baa
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by adanny01(m): 7:42am On Nov 08, 2018
emmie14:

Can this securities subjects Emir or Oba to such security protocols?

Which Igwe is this?

I agree with you, Oba of Benin or Ife cannot be asked to do this. These privileges are enjoyed by those recognized especially for the throne they sit. Do you expect my village chief to be treated like the chief of my whole tribe?

Any one can wear a traditional chieftancy regalia but may not be a first, second or third class Chief especially in the SE where titles are bought and worn.
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by emalekuo(m): 7:44am On Nov 08, 2018
hisgrace090:
Ohaneze ndigbo should look into how kings in Igbo land are being insulted regularly.

Last time on abs television awka, the awka chief eze uzu awka was describing how the police stopped him and insisted he must be searched despite moving with one of his official car.

Now it is airport staffs this must be looked into.

Been a chief doesn't exempt you from been searched.....all in the name of local chief you begin to feel above the law. The hands of most chiefs are not even clean
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by mfm04622: 7:46am On Nov 08, 2018
bomasek:
So the cap fit cause turbulence or make the plane go off radar?

He may be hiding a weapon or contraband in the cap
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by AlhajaChinyere: 7:47am On Nov 08, 2018
Criminal tribe.
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by kunlite(m): 7:54am On Nov 08, 2018
scam
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by thebigkendo(m): 8:08am On Nov 08, 2018
adanny01:

Which Igwe is this?

I agree with you, Oba of Benin or Ife cannot be asked to do this. These privileges are enjoyed by those recognized especially for the throne they sit. Do you expect my village chief to be treated like the chief of my whole tribe?

Any one can wear a traditional chieftancy regalia but may not be a first, second or third class Chief especially in the SE where titles are bought and worn.

They are coming for your head grin
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by thebigkendo(m): 8:08am On Nov 08, 2018
Double post
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by Legalese(m): 8:25am On Nov 08, 2018
Africans and our slave mentality. We can't even celebrate out own. What is wrong with his attire. So if he had worn a suit which is the attire of the Europeans he would then be allowed in. You can't be whiter than the white man and this is precisely why we are a joke in this continent.
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by atiku4President(m): 8:33am On Nov 08, 2018
Elnino4ladies:
I see nothing wrong with his outfit
You see how Nigerian reason. Removing the cap is to ensure there is nothing hidden in the cap. It's for security check and you are hear talking rubbish. How can this country develop with people like you. So sentimental and unreasonable in your thuoghts
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by Touchforfree(m): 8:33am On Nov 08, 2018
Help me ask them if the Chief attire go block the pilot from viewing the "Side & Inner mirrors".

Since the Chief has been screened by the machine and no complain, why the issue of removal of attire again ?.

Or the airline man dey use "Inner eye" wey the scanner no get ?.

Shior !.........
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:59am On Nov 08, 2018
No be small thing. Meanwhile for those with active sub on dstvs with access and family package check my last thread to get compact sports
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by victorazyvictor(m): 9:01am On Nov 08, 2018
wagazala:
Didn't the Chief pass through a scanner? Was the man next to him in the picture asked to remove his cap?

They don't ask you to remove your cap in other units only when your boarding.

Is their law, you must expose your hair for them to see, I was subjected to that last time too.

See, we are talking about obedience, abiding by rule of law but is a pity that those who supposed be the symbol of law abiding are not doing so.

Kudos to the official for not relenting.

1 Like

Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by emenezer(m): 9:03am On Nov 08, 2018
Which airline is that... Get the name, sue them.. Make huge money from them....
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 08, 2018
Lol.. Very hilarious indeed grin
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by bomasek(m): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2018
mfm04622:

He may be hiding a weapon or contraband in the cap
Scanner couldn't detect
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by mfm04622: 9:29am On Nov 08, 2018
bomasek:
Scanner couldn't detect

Just a simple question.

Have you boarded a plane in any Nigerian airport before? If you had, you would have known that another check is done just as you are about to board. He didn't cooperate with the second check and they refused to board him. Simple
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by safetyInspector(m): 9:51am On Nov 08, 2018
You made sense in this(Its not the dressing, its a security protocol. He ought to have removed it just for security to inspect it due to its large nature.

That cap could carry a lot of contraband. Say matches and a bottle of whiskey, with which the plane van be set on fire while airborne. These items can be in your checked in luggage but not in your hand luggage. A bottle of whiskey could pass the scanner inside that cap if he was not asked to removed it.) and turn around with this!
adanny01:

Which Igwe is this?

Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by Pioneer123: 9:54am On Nov 08, 2018
If the same chief were to board a plane abroad and is told to remove his cap,would he say no, in a country where we have chief's all over the place,who knows who is who.
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by gbishman: 9:58am On Nov 08, 2018
Does this chief realise, slipper, flip-flops, hats are not allowed before boarding a plane
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by bomasek(m): 10:30am On Nov 08, 2018
mfm04622:

Just a simple question.

Have you boarded a plane in any Nigerian airport before? If you had, you would have known that another check is done just as you are about to board. He didn't cooperate with the second check and they refused to board him. Simple
I have boarded a plane and only my ticket was checked
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by 1metre: 10:55am On Nov 08, 2018
hisgrace090:
Ohaneze ndigbo should look into how kings in Igbo land are being insulted regularly.

Last time on abs television awka, the awka chief eze uzu awka was describing how the police stopped him and insisted he must be searched despite moving with one of his official car.

Now it is airport staffs this must be looked into.
ohaneze should as well checkmate how traditional title are giving to most thieves who do not merit it.
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by stinkmeaner: 11:07am On Nov 08, 2018
bomasek:
So the cap fit cause turbulence or make the plane go off radar?
grin cheesy grin wink grin
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by bluecircle470: 11:43am On Nov 08, 2018
Keziehenry:
Nothing is wrong with his dressing. let him Sue the airline asap.

If he’s not hiding anything in his cap then let him open it for them as they have requested....just to let peace reign. I think that Lagos isn’t so important to him sha
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by mfm04622: 11:48am On Nov 08, 2018
bomasek:
I have boarded a plane and only my ticket was checked

I mean in Nigeria. You did see that part of the question, didn't you?
Re: Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 08, 2018
Irrelevance of traditional rulership in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Hijacks Commercial Bus From Lagos Driver (Video, Photo) / My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? / Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.