Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,799 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? (41200 Views)

Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / 5 Passengers Burnt To Death After Bus Catches Fire While Travelling To Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by teamc: 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2022
Got married 2yrs ago and we have a beautiful daughter, she has this dream of studying in Canada and I support her dream.

Our immigration consultant recommend she apply alone to increase chances that i and our daughter can join her later.

Now visa is out and she will be travelling next month. I have read numerous stories about how women change when they travel out.

Should I be worried?

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by advanceDNA: 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2022
teamc:
Got married 2yrs ago and we have a beautiful daughter, she has this dream of studying in Canada and I support her dream .
Our immigration consultant recommend she apply alone to increase chances that i and our daughter can join her later .
Now visa is out and she will be travelling next month, I have read numerous stories about how women change when they travel out .
Should I be worried?

Na 50/50....
If it works out as u want...good...
If she change and follow another man with settled status then ghost you....no vex... humans can be unpredictable..understand say na survival mode she switch to...

Wateva happens, u go dey alright las las .but no overthink the matter right now...

707 Likes 31 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by teamb: 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

Na 50/50....
If she change and follow another man with settled status then ghost you....no vex ..understand say na survival mode she switch

Wateva happens, u go dey alright las las .but no overthink the matter.....

thanks boss

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Mrfixitt(m): 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2022
teamc:
Got married 2yrs ago and we have a beautiful daughter, she has this dream of studying in Canada and I support her dream .
Our immigration consultant recommend she apply alone to increase chances that i and our daughter can join her later .
Now visa is out and she will be travelling next month, I have read numerous stories about how women change when they travel out .
Should I be worried?
Op you're taking a risk an insurance company can not cover. I wish you good luck bro

274 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by gulfer: 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2022
teamc:
Should I be worried?
I think it's a win either way. Please can you share your immigration consultant contact?

27 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by ednut1(m): 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2022
Insecure man lol. But on a serious note if there are cracks in the marriage from Nigeria, it will crash when she reaches there

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by RomanGreen: 2:41pm On Nov 17, 2022
teamc:
Should I be worried?

Why were you not the lead person to travel? It should have been you except you don't have the qualifications to study Master's. That said, most women do not know how to manage success and they tend to abuse the freedom and privileges of the western society hence the reason most of them misbehave when they travel...like someone mentioned, it's 50/50. Prepare your mind for the worst Incase she bails on you. Good luck

274 Likes 18 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by teamc: 2:55pm On Nov 17, 2022
RomanGreen:

Why were you not the lead person to travel? It should have been you except you don't have the qualifications to study Master's. That said, most women do not know how to manage success and they tend to abuse the freedom and privileges of the western society hence the reason most of them misbehave when they travel...like someone mentioned, it's 50/50. Prepare your mind for the worst Incase she bails on you. Good luck

I'm the sponsor on the application and we applied has a family at 1st (wife studying /myself and our daughter are the dependent)
our immigration consultant call and advise that my wife should apply alone to increase the chances .
I love and I trust her just having a private thought of WHAT IF

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by teamb: 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2022
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by ayandee: 3:12pm On Nov 17, 2022
Op stop disturbing yourself unnecessarily. Many Women have come here to study and filed for their husband and kids to join them shortly after. That happens more often and it is not reported in the media. Only the very few négative stories seep into the média.

Congratulations on your wife's admission and visa. Start getting ready to join her soon. Spend this time researching into the certifications necessary in your field and start planning on how to get them done to increase your prospects of a good job at landing.

474 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Worriedwife: 3:12pm On Nov 17, 2022
teamc:

I'm the sponsor on the application and we applied has a family at 1st (wife studying /myself and our daughter are the dependent)
our immigration consultant call and advise that my wife should applied alone to increase the chances .

Continue having a private thought on a public forum. Untill nlders scatter ur marriage for u,, dats when u would rest

215 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Esywrite: 3:58pm On Nov 17, 2022
OP you should know your wife better than us. If you're confident about her personality and strongly believe she can't change then there's no need to worry. But if you're unsure of who she is then you already know the answer to your question.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by sihamey: 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
Op you shouldn’t have come to NairaLand to seek for advise on family matters there are lots of WOMAN HATER here they will scatter your marriage wink grin

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Houseofglam7(f): 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2022
Dear Op……Nairalanders love reading divorce stories.
The next time you wanna come wash your private linen in a public space like this, think about this.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by realestate99: 5:09pm On Nov 17, 2022
This life Sha, while my friend here has been evading his wife's invitation to Canada 3 times in a row, said he does not love living outside Nigeria and has no clue on how to tell his wife...O.p don't overthink, your case will pan out well don't let those negative stories hold your innocent union to ransom.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by emerged01(m): 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2022
teamc:
Should I be worried?

Let her go! You cant stop her because of what you have been hearing.
Focus on yourself bro,if she comes for you,fine if she doesnt come for you,fine. Dont kill yourself before death comes. Be happy for her,quit worries and spend time your own plan too.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by femo86(m): 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2022
realestate99:
This life Sha, while my friend here has been evading his wife's invitation to Canada 3 times in a row, said he does not love living outside Nigeria and has no clue on how to tell his wife...O.p don't overthink, your case will pan out well don't let those negative stories hold your innocent union to ransom.

Dis ur friend dey gbadun im life here wella....e get why

16 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Helpout12345: 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

Na 50/50....
If she change and follow another man with settled status then ghost you....no vex... humans can be unpredictable..understand say na survival mode she switch to...

Wateva happens, u go dey alright las las .but no overthink the matter right now...

Agreed. This is 50/50. He should just prepare his mind for both sides of the coin.

By the way, once a naija made marriage is crossing to western countries, irrespective of the sponsor or bread winner, it's always 50/50 risk.

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by jeromestarks: 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2022
teamc:
Should I be worried?
Did you marry her as a virgin?

Yes - you shouldn't be worried.

No - worry is what you're. The headache will almost kill because she will be excited to meet Whites and other rich Nigerians.
Your wife will fvck another man, get pregnant and bring the baby for you. You will think it's yours but it's not.

So tell me op, should you be worried?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by realestate99: 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2022
femo86:

Dis ur friend dey gbadun im life here wella....e get why
Apart from the security issues here, if you are doing well in Nigeria, this is the best place to live......there is nothing like living among your own people, whom you share same heritage and history with.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by RomanGreen: 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2022
teamc:

our immigration consultant call and advise that my wife should apply alone to increase the chances .

Alright, God bless your marriage, I really hope she doesn't misbehave coz in most cases it's not about her will power but her surroundings. Good luck

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2022
If you are good to her in naija, you have nothing to worry about

When you go there and you realise that equality is their watchword, sharing of finance, house chores and every other thing is 5050, you have nothing to worry about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2022
For you to be worried means you don’t even trust your wife so it’s possible it will end in tears for you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by SirJerrie(m): 6:31pm On Nov 17, 2022
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by dammywapes(m): 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2022
Has that boss talk for up kna 50/50 cos pple change. It depends on your wife tho she might chose to be loyal.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by shogotermies(m): 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2022
I personally don't think you should be worry.
I think you should be very worried!
No one knows what she has on her mind.
It is well

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by franchasng: 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2022
Jovialjune1:
If you are good to her in naija, you have nothing to worry about

When you go there and you realise that equality is their watchword, sharing of finance, house chores and every other thing is 5050, you have nothing to worry about.
Only stingy, broke and struggling men abide by this 50/50 rule.

I have never envisaged nor wished to share financial responsibilities with my wife even when I was single, and I keep praying to God to never allow my situation get to that stage till I sign off from this earth.

Not all couple living abroad do this 50/50, to the best of my knowledge, none of my close friends are doing it with their wives.

Any man that allows such sharing formula in his marriage has laid foundation for failure.

I believe in the traiditional marriage style and the Bible way too. A husband's responsibility is to provide for his wife and kids and even take care of his aged parents plus the needy around and these are my daily guide in life even when I was still struggling with life.

In life, you get what you so much desire without doubt

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by dawnomike(m): 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2022
teamc:
Should I be worried?
Nope... at least, trust her till she proves otherwise

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by November24(f): 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
teamc:
Should I be worried?

Form experience, immediately she boards that plane, it's over. Although your case may be different.
If she has no atom of cheating in her, no ish

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Allison012: 10:02pm On Nov 17, 2022
If it's me, i will be worried. Because she might turn to a feminist or a lesbian. Or even get married to orlando jones(whiteman).

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by leksdigital: 11:35pm On Nov 17, 2022
You really need to think of every possible things that could go right or wrong and make a decision.

1. Let her go first. Don't change. Pray for her. Support her and watch for any change within few months
2. If you have a business in Nigeria doing shut it down start putting strictures in place
3. If you have a Nigerian certificate once you get there, be ready to also have their own certificate. Because initially you will be the one making more money but once she finishes she will be earning more. So while working be doing part time courses that will also give you a highest chance of earning.
4. If you have the Nigerian man mentality you have to start washing it away every morning once you are having you bath lol.
5. Also have deep communication with her, Express your fears and discuss things

Lastly be ready to sacrifice and make your marriage work. And if for any reason someone wants to be blackmailing you to be submissive or to frustrate you. Be ready to make a move. Your mental health is important.

13 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Alusiizizi(m): 2:03am On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:
Should I be worried?

Yes, be very worried.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki / UNICAL Undergraduate Dies As Car Hits Him (Disturbing Photos) / First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.