Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,135 members, 7,860,076 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men (766 Views)

Lai Mohammed A Liar And A Thief? - Farooq Kperogi / Bala Mohammed: A Governor Defining The Pace Of Leadership In Bauchi State / The Hypocrisy Of Justice Mohammed, A Key Member Of The NJC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by bukifemi1: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2018
Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, says dressing masquerades could create a thousand jobs per week for Nigerian men.

Speaking at the sectoral debate of the federal house of representative in Abuja on Tuesday, Mohammed said most states in Nigeria have one festival or the other.

“Most states today have more than one festival a year, but the packaging and lack of capacity has not enabled them to make the most out of these festivals,” he said.

“There’s a particular masquerade in the south east, it takes 100 people to dress him, another 100 people to UnCloth him.

“If this masquerade is well-packaged, it can provide employment in one week for more than 1000 young men. These are some of the untapped potentials.”

Mohammed explained that Nigeria has the oldest forest in the world in terms of biodiversity for tourists to visit, but tourists are discouraged by bribing and insecurity in the country.

“I worked in the airport for 10 years, and I know that if you want your passport stamped as a foreigner, you slip $100 into your passport. No tourist would come back to a country where he has to bribe immigration to enter.

“No tourist would come to a country where, when he leaves immigration, he enters a ‘one-chance’ taxi or ‘one-chance’ bus. It’s a holistic problem and these are all contained in the national tourism master plan, which I would make available to the house.

“We must make a difference between tourist sites and tourist attractions; what we have in Nigeria are tourist sites. They are not tourist attractions.

“You need infrastructure to convert a tourist site to a tourist attraction. If you don’t have infrastructure, it would always remain a tourist site,

“In Cross Rivers reserve park, Nigeria has the oldest forest in the whole world. It is the oldest in terms of biodiversity, and we have this very rare, white-mane gorilla in that area, but because my people in Cross River have decided to turn them to bush meat, they have now escaped.”

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/lai-one-masquerade-can-create-jobs-for-1000-men

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by ehhmah(m): 11:33am On Nov 08, 2018
h
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by SolutionMee: 11:34am On Nov 08, 2018
cheesy
A scientist can create jobs for a million people.
This is 2018, we need scientists and not masquerades.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2018
Our unemployed youths, throw your degrees out of the window! You wouldn't be needing it after all you'd be dressing masquerades now. Genius idea from APC!!
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Tolexander: 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2018
“There’s a particular masquerade in the south east, it takes 100 people to dress him, another 100 people to UnCloth him.
“If this masquerade is well-packaged, it can provide employment in one week for more than 1000 young men. These are some of the untapped potentials.”
Lai is a commedian, I swear.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by haladadon: 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2018
the only masquerade that can create Jobs for 1000 people is Jubril from Sudan
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Tolexander: 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
A scientist can create jobs for a million people.
This is 2018, we need scientists and not masquerades.
We have many scientists already.

What we need most are investors.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by onubijoe(m): 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2018
This is how APC government claimed to create job opportunity and telling to whole world that their administration has done something good to Nigerians. they shall not go unpunished
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by SolutionMee: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2018
Tolexander:
@bolded, in which country please? Name three (3) Nigerian scientists that you know And their discovery? grin
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by SolutionMee: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2018
Tolexander:
@bolded, in which country please? Name three (3) Nigerian scientists that you know And their discovery? grin
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Kennedy94(m): 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2018
this man is sick upstairs
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by austink1(m): 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2018
haladadon:
the only masquerade is Jubril from Sudan

I used to pay less attention to this, but i think I'm beginning to believe that there's someone in the body of za daura Papa.. And as for Lai, d masquerades in his village are always dancing in his brain that's why he talks anyhow.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by haladadon: 4:53pm On Nov 08, 2018
austink1:

I used to pay less attention to this, but i think I'm beginning to believe that there's someone in the body of za daura Papa.. And as for Lai, d masquerades in his village are always dancing in his brain that's why he talks anyhow.

LoL
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Tolexander: 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2018
SolutionMee:

@bolded, in which country please?
Name three (3) Nigerian scientists that you know
And their discovery? grin
https://www.nairaland.com/2994514/16-nigerian-iventors-remarkable-inventions
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Jadax(m): 11:12pm On Nov 08, 2018
I'm speechless......
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by bukifemi1: 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2018
Lai Moha
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by bukifemi1: 1:21pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ok
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by gurunlocker: 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2018
So this are the type of jobs APC want to create?
I guess it's for BMCs.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by bukifemi1: 4:49am On Nov 20, 2018
Lai
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Charleys: 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2019
Muhammed

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Nigerians Most Nigerians Are Not Happy With At The Moment / CAPTION THIS: What Is Vice-president Pastor Yemi Saying To The Young Man / CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar, Has Pending Case Of Receiving $1.8m With The EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.