Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,098 members, 7,852,721 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:50 AM

Change In Nigeria Begins With Us Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change In Nigeria Begins With Us Nigerians (369 Views)

Nigeria Begins Aircraft Production / Eko Rice: Largest Rice Mill In Nigeria Begins Bagging In Lagos / Nigeria Begins Urea Fertilizer Export To U.S, Brazil And Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change In Nigeria Begins With Us Nigerians by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2018
I had a couple of authentic opportunities several years back, to live the shores of this Country to supposed greener pastures, with the first being the United Kingdom, and the second, the United States.

But I happened to turned down the both of them for very different reasons, with the first a result of a protest in defense of someone who I thought was treated unfairly by my would-be sponsor.

But the second decision was taken on the basis of a strong conviction and belief, that as bad as things were in the nation, that things would definitely change for the better, and that I had a key role to play in that respect for it to become a reality.

Therefore I just felt convinced that my nation Nigeria needed me right here more than out there. And also thought that if every Nigerian decides to run away, and abandon the Nation because of the bad condition that it was in, then who will be here to help it out, and solve its many problems.

And to be honest, i know there can be no Nation without its people, but it's not necessarily Nigerians and the people of this Nation that led me to this decision, for I wasn't very proud of her people, because of the evil and corrupt part that most of us Nigerians had chosen to take that had left the nation in the terrible state it was.

But I felt that the Land was not to be blamed for this outcome, and therefore doesn't deserve my deserting it. For what more could a people have asked of their Land, that this Land has not given to us?

Is it a fertile soil that we would not have to over labor ourselves in order to reap the fruits of our labor when we sow into it?

Or is it a human-friendly climate that is not disaster prone where we would have to grapple with the destructive effect of the ugly phenomena called natural disasters on a regular?

Or it is that it has not given us the abundant natural resources for us to use to the benefit of Her people?

So what is that good thing that we feel this Land lacks that those other Lands we call greener pastures have, for what this Land called Nigeria has given to us, is something that many Nations and peoples of the Earth could only dream about, inclusive of some of the so called greener pastures that Nigerians leave this Land to run to.

So the Land Nigeria is not Nigerians' problem but we Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Because just look at what we've done with all the good things that she has given to us. We've so abused, misused, and turned it into an object of mockery, reproach and derision to those of other Lands.

Hence I don't blame Nigeria for this outcome, so I'm determined not to abandon her in this sorry state, but to try everything I possibly could to help her out of it. And I strongly believe that she would come out of it.

And what gives this much conviction is because I believe in God and that with Him nothing shall be impossible!

So that where my strong resolve concerning this Nation comes from, for if not for Him, I would have long given up on this Nation as many have already done. For the problems of the Nation has gotten so complicated that it is now seems beyond the sole capacity of men!

So it requires something extra and that's where God comes in, and there are things that God has shown and also said to me concerning this Nation, that has further strengthened that my belief concerning this Nation.

So I am convinced that things are going to significantly turn around for the better in this Nation, and i'm doing my part to bring that to fruition, and although the impact of my efforts may not have been felt yet on a national scale, with the testimonies I'm getting from those around me It shows me that i am indeed on the right track.

For instance there were certain people around me that used to be very stingy, and self-centered etc., before they met me, but after meeting with me and interacting with me for a while, they came generous, compassionate, and selfless that I assumed that they'd always been that way, only for them to tell me that it was only after interacting with me that they became such, but before then it was a very different story.

And so just by leading by example and becoming first the change that I wanted to see in other Nigerians, it had led to change in such Nigerians around me. So it proved to me that one viable way to achieve change in Nigerians, and by extension, Nigeria, was to first of all become an example of that change, for the change in Nigeria could really begin with me.

Therefore as bad as things are now, I know that change is yet possible in this Nation, if I do my part in that regard, and you also do yours, and with God helping us, I believe that we can truly have the kind of Nation we dream about, for "Change in Nigeria can only begin with Us Nigerians".
Re: Change In Nigeria Begins With Us Nigerians by Ufedolove: 9:34pm On Nov 08, 2018
The change we desire in Nigeria starts with us. That's the truth. It takes our collective effort

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Change In Nigeria Begins With Us Nigerians by Nobody: 4:00am On Nov 09, 2018
Ufedolove:
The change we desire in Nigeria starts with us. That's the truth. It takes our collective effort
Thank you!
Re: Change In Nigeria Begins With Us Nigerians by lonecatt(m): 6:33am On Nov 09, 2018
If the leaders who should be showing examples cannot change I wonder what kind of change is expected from the followers.

What has changed in government today?
What has changed in their level of spending and propaganda?

What is the change in feeding elzakzaky with #3.5 million monthly?

Change should begin with the leaders ,in other developed countries of the world the leaders lead by example but in Nigeria you tell me change begins with me. Cannot work
Re: Change In Nigeria Begins With Us Nigerians by IamAtikulate: 6:40am On Nov 09, 2018
It begins with Buhari. I am a mere follower.
Re: Change In Nigeria Begins With Us Nigerians by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2018
lonecatt:
If the leaders who should be showing examples cannot change I wonder what kind of change is expected from the followers.

What has changed in government today?
What has changed in their level of spending and propaganda?

What is the change in feeding elzakzaky with #3.5 million monthly?

Change should begin with the leaders ,in other developed countries of the world the leaders lead by example but in Nigeria you tell me change begins with me. Cannot work
The Leaders of this nation are also Nigerians, hence when I say "Change in Nigeria begins with Us Nigerians" that is also inclusive of those Nigerians who pilot the affairs of this nation.

In fact I believe that it hinges more on the leaders than the led, because of the unmatched influence of the position the leaders occupy, with respect to the affairs of the Nation, being the policy and decision makers that more or less determine the fate of the Nation. Therefore the leaders have the most pivotal role to play in that respect.

Then next in line are the Nigerian religious leaders, especially the church leaders because of the extent of influence they have on their numerous followers who make up a significant part of this nation.

Therefore this "change" implied here is not just meant for the followers but also the leaders of the nation who have even a more significant role to play in this respect.

So with the leaders doing their path, and the followers also theirs, change would definitely happen in Nigeria, because "Change in Nigeria truly begins with Us Nigerians!
Re: Change In Nigeria Begins With Us Nigerians by Nobody: 4:46am On Nov 11, 2018
“Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.” Prov 14:34

(1) (Reply)

National Assembly Website HACKED / Apc Chairman Oshiomhole Received 55 Million Dollars In "Bribe" At Apc Primaries / Court Bars Daily Nigerian From Publishing Ganduje ‘Bribery’ Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.