Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,487 members, 7,958,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! (966 Views)

Martin Patience Joins Nigerian Soldiers In The Combat Region In The North(pics) / 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Fierce Gun Battle With Boko Haram / How Nigerian, AU Officials Maltreated, Cheated Ebola Volunteers In Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! by Donmeca(m): 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2010
Awesome, isn't it? Read on sha.

Technical Cooperation in Africa, Dr. Sule Yakubu-Bassi, on Wednesday alled that Nigerian soldiers who participated in the ECOMOG peace operations in Liberia fathered over 250,000 children.

Nigeria and some member-states of the Economic Community of West African States contributed troops to the ECOMOG peace operations during the civil war that ravaged the West African country, beginning from 1990.

Yakubu-Bassi made the disclosure in Abuja during a meeting with the House of Representatives Committee on Diaspora, which is chaired by Mrs. Abike Dabiri-Erewa.

According to the DG, the soldiers abandoned the children in Liberia when they returned to Nigeria.

He added that the children’s mothers were now worried over the development and had made series of failed attempts to trace the soldiers.

Yakubu-Bassi called on the committee and the Federal Government to intervene in the matter by re-uniting the children with their fathers in Nigeria.

“Their mothers are trying to make sure they are properly documented and so on.

“The Nigerian Embassy in Liberia is doing something about it.

”Definitely, you can’t run away from your people. These are our people; they are still young and they need to go to school and they will also need to be nurtured just like every other Nigerian,” he stated.

The DG expressed the support of his agency for the proposed Nigeria Diaspora Commission, adding that such a body would help in reducing the lack of coordination between Diaspora Nigerians and their people back home.

According to him, an estimated $17 bn was remitted home yearly by Nigerians in the Diaspora.

Some Nigerians resident in Gabon also complained to the committee that their host government was about repatriating around 210,000 Nigerians.

The leader of Nigerians in Gabon, Mr. Babatunde Yekini, said that the authorities just wanted to send the Nigerians home because of their rising numbers.

Dabiri-Erewa assured the two groups that the committee would look into their complaints by drawing the attention of the appropriate government agencies to their plight.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! by Donmeca(m): 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2010
Source: The Punch
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! by Ikengawo: 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2010
jesus! lol, 'nigerian bastard child' is now probably the largest ethnic group in liberia cause of that.
i've been talking to a liberian girl lately, i don't blame my compatriots.  grin
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! by tpiah: 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2010
a state?

shocked
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! by Fhemmmy: 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2010
I find this hard to blv.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! by Kennyblues(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2010
This is ridiculous. How many soldiers did Nigerian government sent to Liberia on peace keeping mission that they have to father over 250,000 Liberian bastards. What is the ratio of the bastards to the soldiers? What is the population of Nigerian soldiers? If anything bad happens in the world is Nigeria, when something good happens its either an american or a european. Was Nigeria the only country that sent soldiers to Liberia that those Liberian bastard are linked to Nigerian soldiers.

I wished our government would wake up from their slumber, stop embezzling our money and think straight for ones.

I dey vex with report.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! by Ikengawo: 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2010
i think a lot of women are making it up so that they can either get into nigeria or get assistance from nigeria. the number is too unrealistic
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! by paddylo1(m): 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
i've been talking to a liberian girl lately, i don't blame my compatriots

@Ikengawo
Yea. . From my dealings with Liberian Females i see them as pretty but loose. . .

They will give u the real deal. . .when it comes to intimacy. . .
wind that waist and do u good with no inhibitions. . . .

In philly theres this African club which liberian girls congregate in. .
Anytime i want a easy thrill. . .i usually spend my night in V.I.P there. . cool
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! by Omolulu(m): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
I must get me a Liberian girl, no wonder MJ sang about them
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! by Ikengawo: 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2010
hahaha. real talk Paddy.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! by tpia6: 5:17am On Jan 18, 2011
wow

repping naija i'll say
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 18, 2011
It happens around the world, Americans and british troops fathered a lot of kids too after WW 2 occupation of Germany and Italy

(1) (Reply)

US Gallup Poll - Jonathan, Most Acceptable Aspirant / Immortalizing Bawolomo On Nairaland / Insufficient Power Supply Killing Our Economy-live Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.