Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) (14019 Views)

Owerri Has Turns To Okada Village Due To Bad Roads And Poverty: Pictures / See How Owerri Has The Best Road Network In Nigeria / Zamfara Man Born In Owerri Has Right To Become Governor In Imo State - Igodye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2018
In continuation from my last week thread (https://www.nairaland.com/4825225/appreciating-serenity-greenery-city-enugu#72649974) to showcase Nigerian capital cities. This week on this thread, I will be showcasing the city of Owerri. Owerri is a city I love so much. I intend to show how the city has grown over the years through individual real estate development, in addition to little government effort through road construction and expansion, and provision of other socio amenities. Let's enjoy.

Photos: Courtesy Ckenneths, iamhorny &Abagworo
Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
Let's enjoy the thread, no negativity please. I shall open thread for all the major city across the country. East west north and south. Thanks
Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2018
Parts of Owerri then and now, 7yrs ago.

2 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2018
Despite Gov Rocha's Iberiberism, it came with some astethic beautification and expansion of the city of Owerri

3 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
Moving ahead

3 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
Eastern heartland

6 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2018
What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2018
Choice properties

2 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
Oga spyder880, I greet you sir

3 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
Rumours have it that Rocha's in-law, owns Westbrook's franchise in Owerri

1 Like

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
East high world class international school. It's not cheap oooo

1 Like

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:22pm On Nov 10, 2018
This is not lekki oo. This is Owerri

2 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2018
We are moving

1 Like

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2018
Yes, I know what u thinking

2 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:29pm On Nov 10, 2018
shocked

1 Like

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
Nice view

1 Like

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by Nigeriabiafra80: 5:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
Failed on arrival, go and upload word bank roak, oldtimber,

5 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:36pm On Nov 10, 2018
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
Real estate is key

4 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by xtianh(m): 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
These are all peoples private properties, show us different intra city or inter city roads, industries and other infrastructures built by the Mr Iberiberism

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
Physical development

1 Like

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:45pm On Nov 10, 2018
xtianh:
These are all peoples private properties, show us different intra city or inter city roads, industries and other infrastructures built by the Mr Iberiberism

Read from the beginning ....I stated it that, the development is private, in addition to road expansion by government and other social Amenities provided by government. Who doesn't know development in the east is individual? Only lazy people wait for government. Though, it doesn't take the place and role of government in development.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by Chef2000: 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
Owerre is beautiful

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2018
Rapid urbanisation

2 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by 9jaArea: 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2018
Ok.... Better than Makurdi

8 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 5:55pm On Nov 10, 2018
Spot the cathedra grin

2 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
Owerri is a typical igbo city.... Beautiful houses and infastructure with very very bad roads

Same owerri that was the cleanest state in Nigeria around 2007 to 2011... Those beautification u see are from that era... Trust me if owerri has half of enugu road it would be more beautiful than enugu

My anger is the roads are already wide.... Just complete and have a very beautiful city the fat fool says no

9 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
mrvitalis:
Owerri is a typical igbo city.... Beautiful houses and infastructure with very very bad roads

Same owerri that was the cleanest state in Nigeria around 2007 to 2011... Those beautification u see are from that era... Trust me if owerri has half of enugu road it would be more beautiful than enugu

My anger is the roads are already wide.... Just complete and have a very beautiful city the fat fool says no

Its a real sad situation my brother. But what can we do order than to appeal to the authorities and also vote out the wrong ones till we get the right ones. We shall get there soon.

1 Like

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2018
TedExNairaland:

Its a real sad situation my brother. But what can we do order than to appeal to the authorities and also vote out the wrong ones till we get the right ones. We shall get there soon.

All owerri needs is just roads that's all... It's would compare to any city in Nigeria apart from Lagos and abuja

City that has sweet night life
Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
Rumour have it that Hiton bougth this building. Watch out for Hiton hotel owerri

3 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
Akachi road, with akachi estate. Rocha's wife estate. That man wants to own the whole of Owerri. Greed is a sin

4 Likes

Re: How The City Of Owerri Has Changed Over The Past 7Years (Photos) by TedExNairaland: 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2018
Still oqerri

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DCG Karebo Samson: Buhari Appoints New Acting CG, Federal Fire Service / Ogun: Two Police Inspectors, Corporal Dismissed For Robbery / Aviation Fuel Price Crash Imminent As Dangote Refinery Begins Supply Of Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.