Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim (28233 Views)

Nigerian Man Defrauds Several US Banks After Presenting Himself As Yoruba Deity / White Canadian Man Defrauds 515 Nigerians, Others Of $29 Million (pics) / Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man (2) (3) (4)

Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Kingsmeal: 8:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
A 38-year-old Nigerian man has been arrested for defrauding the American Red Cross by claiming he was a Hurricane Harvey victim. .

Olanrewaju A. Beyioku, was charged, on Thursday, in U.S. District Court with wire fraud on allegations he cashed $3,600 in federal disaster relief vouchers provided by the Red Cross in October 2017. .

The humanitarian organization offered the funds through a one-time cash payment of $400 after Hurricane Harvey struck Houston, Texas, on Aug. 25, 2017.

The victim was provided a reference code, which could be redeemed for cash at Walmart locations. After the program launched in September 2017, the Red Cross received reports nonvictims were claiming the funds.

“The Red Cross has found over 3,300 reference codes that were fraudulently applied for via its website and used to obtain cash payments at Walmart stores,” records state. “The total loss to the Red Cross is over $1.3 million.” .

Walmart security investigators determined 81 fraudulent transactions committed by two individuals at the Walmart in Hammond. The fraud totaled $32,400. .

After an investigation, federal authorities determined 9 of the transaction were conducted by Beyioku. He was identified in a photo array by a clerk at Walmart. Authorities also traced the ill-gotten money back to his bank accounts.

See more:

https://zenithnaija.com/nigerian-man-defrauds-red-cross-by-claiming-to-be-a-hurricane-victim/

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2018
Abeg someone should tell me his name, I'm not seeing it

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by ChopBellefull(m): 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Abeg someone should tell me his name, I'm not seeing it

Me too o, but i can see OLA in d beginning and in Igbo Ola means sth wen go waste, and he is frm d waste(West).

NCAN PRO, pls comfirm ds news grin

160 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by SweetBuns(f): 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
ChopBellefull:

Me too o, but i can see OLA in d beginning and in Igbo Ola means sth wen go waste, and he is frm d waste(West).

OLAREWAJU BERIOKU
An confirmed afonja.

160 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by NwaAmaikpe: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2018

This is wrong.
Crime knows no tribe.
We know he is Yoruba and that most wire-wire fraud cases are done by them.

But it will be wrong to denigrade a whole tribe because of this one who has followed the foot trail of his kinsmen.

He is lucky,
US prisons are like Nigerian 5star hotels.

203 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by oluwasegun007(m): 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
Y

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Jenniferblog(f): 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Josh2x: 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2018
Naija which way na
How u go scam red cross
The only organization that still values humanity

If they no catch one for India pushing drugs
They will catch one for Malaysia jumping storey building
Or they will catch one for Finland doing love scam
Why is it always naija cry

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Flattino(m): 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2018
Ha
Mo daran cheesy

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by timidapsin(m): 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
ChopBellefull:

you must be proud of yourself undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
Wetin concern me

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by ottohan: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
when I saw the shape of the head, I used a ruler and noticed that both parts were inclined at 45 degrees making the top somewhat triangular and cone-shaped
I will leave it here....

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by ObserversTimes: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
Not good for Nigeria's Image.

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Nbote(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
I trust all those bigots to quietly ignore and observe dis thread from afar considering na their ppl... But dey'll b d first in other threads shouting Igbos upandan... U ppl shld come and carry ur broda ooo

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Olukat(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
grin He meant hurricane Buhari in his country grin #hunger
Pls pardon him!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Igbodicool(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
From the WASTE! Name confirmed..... Son of the fallen demon!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by iambabaG: 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
Truth be told..
This is very embarrassing!
ALL hollywood movies make refrence to Nigeria when it comes to internet fraud..

We no dey shame??

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Groovenaija360(m): 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
AFONJA SHOWING THIER PROFFESIONAL WORK

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by oluwasegun007(m): 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
ChopBellefull:

Reporting live...your assertion is right

Our data confirms name to be OLAnna...over

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by DanDeeBoss(m): 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
Tarnishing our image abroad undecided

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Hemzhy(m): 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
Don't know why afonjas are so lazy

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Jayprinz(m): 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
Afonja wit flat head

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by cheucheu: 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
grin. He's a lost fellow from the south west

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by ITbomb(m): 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
Just observing

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by mema900: 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2018
divinecode101:
Another flat_head pretending to be a Yoruba boy

We will chase you back to your biafrauud yEast republic when you are fine in the prison

Children everywhere

Re: Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim by Jagaban880: 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2018
Please ,, what is d Meaning of AFONJA??.. sad

'Ji..Masun'......osha,,prapraprapra.. grin

Kidnappers Abduct 21-Year-Old Man In Abia, Kill Him After 4 Days (Photos) / Pastor Arrested For Raping 12-Year-Old Housemaid In Cross River State. Photos / Man Arrested For Aborting 5-Months Pregnancy Of 15-Year-Old(Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61