Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,334 members, 7,850,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria (62027 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / My Amanchor Cave Adventure And Guide / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by codemaniacs: 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
zz

6 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by iPopAlomo(m): 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

On my way to the gym now.
Just what I had in my wallet.
Have a good day.

Itzurboi right now...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by codemaniacs: 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
zz
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Carmal90(m): 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
somehow:
Then you know little about evil or Atiku

His evil is 1000000 times better than buhari best.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by chukxie(m): 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Oga Chux stop wishing, start talking to some Chinese to bring down their tech, you're sitting on a gold mine. I don't want to believe you aren't already doing this. I'm placing down an order for a solar laptop power bank. Can I get one thru you?

I don't flip my lid on what I do. I'd rather keep mum than put myself out there. Drop me a private message let's see how it goes.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Beautyaddy: 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
mrphysics:

I aren't doubting the fact that we still have a long way to go even in terms of road. But honestly, the roads he posted is in no way different from what is in Abuja.

If I have the opportunity, I will also leave the country but I won't bad mouth Nigeria because I have people here who isn't their fault that they are Nigerians. The worst is that the op has done nothing to even change his community.

You guys over there should continue correcting our image and send the currency over here. We envy you guys.

Whaaattt!!!

Just when I thought I've seen it all someone writes this? Like seriously?
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by somehow: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2018
I don't do emotional ranting. Tell me what you know about Atiku (A mere customs officer with no business background) that suddenly became rich working as a customs officer. You my child no little about Evil.
Carmal90:

His evil is 1000000 times better than buhari best.

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by lesson44: 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2018
When I left Nigeria some year ago, I thought of my chances of retiring to Nigeria as 100%, now the chances is less than 20% that is if the basis are working and the opportunity to be close to family's. .

5 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by mrphysics(m): 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Whaaattt!!!

Just when I thought I've seen it all someone writes this? Like seriously?
You need to breadth before mentioning to avoid receiving unnecessary mentions.

Nigerians have a very bad image abroad. Everyone knows that. The best way to correct it is for those currently staying there to do the right thing, obey rules and regulations, that way our bad image can be corrected with time.

I have foreign clients and I know what they say about Nigeria and Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
Adiwana:

What the hell are you talking about??Your argument has been on sentiment and perception not on facts.Tell me one developed black nation in the whole world..Just one.And please dont tell me South Africa cause we know the reason they are where they are today is because of white people that built that place and still running that place.Remove it and watch that country collapse.African Americans are just 13% of American population but commit over 51% of the crime in the country.Look at Nigeria as an example,we cannot even generate 7000mw in 2018.Cannot pay 30k/month and unemployment level is so damn high.50yrs+ being independent plus the whole resources we have and one of the most hardworking people in the face of the world we can get our shiit together.And you say what?? Stop being ridiculous and stop with the inferiority complex bullshit.Thats why we continue to deceive ourselves using prayers and "it go better" rubbish to keep ourselves down always blaming 1 thing or the other.The earlier you realise this shithole called Nigeria and black race is a backward race,the better
Will be better for you to ignore that deepsight guy. He might probably be an elite outside the country trying to brainwash us.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

Well you've said it yourself: 50+ years only right?
May I ask you if you can tell me: how old is Great Britain?

Let's start from there.

Oh by the way calm down and stop the epileptic fit. You are speaking from pure ignorance but I will help you. OK?
You keep spewing rubbish. A country's development and progress isn't about age. Wanna argue? Check out the age of countries like Singapore, South Korea who are roughly the same age as Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
lesson44:
When I left Nigeria some year ago, I thought of my chances of retiring to Nigeria as 100%, now the chances is less than 20% that is if the basis are working and the opportunity to be close to family's. .
Please don't come. Please!
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Beautyaddy: 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
mrphysics:

Nigerians have a very bad image abroad. Everyone knows that. The best way to correct it is for those currently staying there to do the right thing, obey rules and regulations, that way our bad image can be corrected with time.

I have foreign clients and I know what they say about Nigeria and Nigerians.

Correct!

So what about the Nigerians in Nigeria that the whole world reads about and even come in contact with in the same Nigeria. What should they do about the same bad image?

Infact, let me just move on from you. I can see this argument is a waste.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Carmal90(m): 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
somehow:
I don't do emotional ranting. Tell me what you know about Atiku (A mere customs officer with no business background) that suddenly become rich working as a customs officer. You my child no little about Evil.

I prefer a well known and documented evil as Atiku, over a renowned incompetent tribal bigot unteacheable, buhari, that is my choice.. MY CHOICE, AM NOT HERE TO FORCE IT ON ANYBODY.
THANKS SIR.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Hadampson(m): 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2018
franciskaine:
you keep praying, they keep looting. I rest my case.
#shalom
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by mrphysics(m): 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Correct!

So what about the Nigerians in Nigeria that the whole world reads about and even come in contact with in the same Nigeria. What should they do about the same bad image?

Infact, let me just move on from you. I can see this argument is a waste.
I don't even know why you mentioned me in the first place. You and op seems to have same mentality.

Kindly take yourself to another place.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Beautyaddy: 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
mrphysics:

I don't even know why you mentioned me in the first place. You and op seems to have same mentality.

Kindly take yourself to another place.

Buahahahahha!!!

I really do understand how the bitter truth just hurts so badly. grin

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
myk2mic:

So na so u take get green card grin

No.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:

Nigeria has never been great and will never be.

No homo... But I like you for this sentence. My friends always think that I'm crazy...non patriotic when I make that statement.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Mizwisdom(f): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
chukxie:

I don't flip my lid on what I do. I'd rather keep mum than put myself out there. Drop me a private message let's see how it goes.

Ok
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Mizwisdom(f): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by princfred(m): 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2018
codemaniacs:

you're beginning to show your true self with this comment..

the world operates a caste system... that caste system is controlled by white people who have continuously demonised black people..

white people groomed a lot of African soldiers in their military schools when those African soldiers were in their 20s... those are the same politicians that are now and have been "ruling" white peoples "colonies"....

One of the main reasons black people are the bottom is because their "leaders" are pawns of white people and their "leaders" ensure that education, innovation e.t.c are not encouraged...

like you said even if u uplift yourself as a black person, they will always look at you with disrespect so try to stop seeking respect from people will always love to see you at the bottom and make you see yourself as the "bottom of everything good in this world"...

Is it whites that tell black leader to loot? Did they also tell the followers to hail the looters as long as they are from same ethnic group? Thereby producing more looters as it becomes a culture and they are slaves to culture as long as their selfish quest is satisfied so as to be hailed too based on ego.

Fact is, Africans have flawed value system joor (very poor sense of right or wrong that is more hinged and beclouded by ethnicity and sentiments rather than objectivity and facts) and are slaves to it.

7 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by mosesdejaviano(m): 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2018
codemaniacs:

even if Africa is not blessed with "visionary leaders", the citizens can also help by having successful businesses BUT like you pointed out about Awolowo, 50 years ago Awolowo was making the SW work for the himself and his people, but the civil war changed that..

Now 50 years later, the same SW that was created mainly to help uplift Yorubas is now over-populated with non-Yorubas due to the leaders of these non-Yorubas not trying to make their regions work 50 years ago....

I hope ugosample, Mizwisdom, SIRTee15 reads this....

That is will pose a big problem. It is the leader that will drive development of a country.

Why do we talk of people like Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill, Lee Kwam Yew, Mandela and other great leaders for their landslide achievement.

A country where the followers see far more than the leader will undergo under-development.

It is the leader that plans, design policies and implement these policies. It is the leader that creates an enabling environment for the smooth drive of private sector.

It is not the follower that will plan for the leader. The leader must be able to show the way for the follower to take.

So no where in the world does the follower drives development without a well laid template provided by the leader.

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by somehow: 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
Yea your choice which is obviously wrong because he was part and parcel of those who sold us out (he chaired the board that sold all our national assets to their cronies including Nitel). Sane mind should be talking about fresh hands without background in the average Nigerian politics if Buhari is to be removed and not a known corruption aider called Atiku that has always bribed his way to his present position.
Carmal90:

I prefer a well known and documented evil as Atiku, over a renowned incompetent tribal bigot unteacheable, buhari, that is my choice.. MY CHOICE, AM NOT HERE TO FORCE IT ON ANYBODY.
THANKS SIR.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by IHate9jerianss(m): 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2018
mrphysics:

I have foreign clients and I know what they say about Nigeria and Nigerians
Sir,what do foreigners really have to say about Nigerians?Is it the scamming thingy?or the corruption thingy?
Are Nigerians the only scammers and corruption practitioners in the world?or is scamming worse than dropping bombs via drones on sleeping families which many of your foreign clients Goverments do?

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Carmal90(m): 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
somehow:
Yea your choice which is obviously wrong because he was part and parcel of those who sold us out (he chaired the board that sold all our national assets to their cronies including Nitel). Sane mind should be talking about fresh hands without background in the average Nigerian politics if Buhari is to be removed and not a known corruption aider called Atiku that has always bribed his way to his present position.

Sane mind that start talking about fresh hands now in November 2018 that election will hold in the next three month is a fraud and working for buhari, with the exception of Donald Duke none of them can win their respective local government.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by codemaniacs: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
zz

5 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by somehow: 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2018
So it's the same people that put us in the problems for years you think will make Nigeria eldorado?

Who did this to an average Nigerian? Most are only after what they will eat now! Everything must be sharp sharp or you run to the next available probability. We have a mindset issue as citizens.
Carmal90:

Sane mind that start talking about fresh hands now in November 2018 that election will hold in the next three month is a fraud and working for buhari, with the exception of Donald Duke none of them can win their respective local government.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by princfred(m): 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2018
codemaniacs:

even if Africa is not blessed with "visionary leaders", the citizens can also help by having successful businesses BUT like you pointed out about Awolowo, 50 years ago Awolowo was making the SW work for the himself and his people, but the civil war changed that..

Now 50 years later, the same SW that was created mainly to help uplift Yorubas is now over-populated with non-Yorubas due to the leaders of these non-Yorubas not trying to make their regions work 50 years ago....

I hope ugosample, Mizwisdom, SIRTee15 reads this....
Leave those people you don't want to go form and develop their own country you go wail say one Nigeria yet you are too filled with hate to comfortably have them in your region as the fellow Nigerians you want them to remain.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by IHate9jerianss(m): 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
LadyHeaven:
Lol @ black women are fugly, unhappy, and boring same way the ist time my friend traveled to France she cursed all Nigerian men citing the fact that they only know how to trash talk women, live very unhealthy lives and are drastically ugly, hailing Paris gentlemen as the gold standard forgetting that black men have to most times work twice as hard as an average white man to even have a shot at progress, how many of them work who 8am-9pm plus traffic would really have time for hot candle light dinners and grooming their mustaches 24/7, not supporting the black mans tardiness but we should learn to understand where we are coming from but strive to do better, so OP kindly dash yourself brain before demeaning your fellow black women.

PS- She is married to an extremely handsome french speed racer and balling so i am inclined to believe the OP on a flip side that white men are more handsome, fresher, stronger and interesting than their black counterparts.

Yimu
I understand the purpose of your post and the emboldened is true but you cannot deny the fact that an ugly,Nigerian man with a pot belly and cash in his pockets will get laid easier in Nigeria than any "sweet", handsome,broke guy
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Beautyaddy: 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
codemaniacs:

Yes, they created the democratic system of government... they pick all African presidents whether military or civilian.

do you hail politicians
Does your family have a flawed value system
Are you satisfied when you are hailed

you said it yourself "Thereby produce more looters as it becomes a culture"... this is the important part of your comment... It becomes a cycle and the unborn generation will see it as a norm...

Every "good" African leader has either been assassinated or ousted...

So meaning that Nigeria is forever Doomed!

No good leader can ever come out to lead Nigeria without being assassinated?

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by aadoiza: 5:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
chukxie:

Nna men, wetin be your own self? You probably didn't comprehend what I wrote. You have no idea how often I travel to Nigeria. Guy, abeg channel your anger or whatever it is to our government.

It's ok. I perfectly understand you. At least I'm old enough to tell apart sweet online ramblings and unadulterated facts. I fear only for the native.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport / Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? / Lady Who Died After Container Fell On Her In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.