Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria (61807 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / My Amanchor Cave Adventure And Guide / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Adiwana: 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

Well you've said it yourself: 50+ years only right?
May I ask you if you can tell me: how old is Great Britain?

Let's start from there.

Oh by the way calm down and stopen the epileptic fit. You are speaking from pure ignorance but I will help you. OK?

Who gives a fvck how many years Britain is?Who cares JUST how many years Nigeria is?The world today is not measured on how many years nations have existed but what is in front.What is it that Mother Africa doesnt have??Intellectuals,Human resources,name it.What has she achieved to show for all those things??

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by jesmond3945: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

Your post sort of insinuated that.

And no, I am not trying to provoke you.

The views expressed by the OP are frankly that of a little boy who probably has little experience of life. First time out of the country and he is blown away. As someone has indicated he obviously has a great deal to learn.

He is also extremely ignorant of the development of nations and people's - and so are you.

It is true that we are in a tough place in Africa right now and especially so in Nigeria. It is however not true that this can never change. It is also not true that black people are mostly stupid as the OP said.

The truth is that the views expressed by the OP and others who think like him are shamefully lazy. The first thing that should occur to them when they admire the western world is that it took humans just like you and I blood and sweat for many centuries to achieve that. If you imagine that a mindset which craves it without sacrifice will ever be worthy of anything then you don't know anything about the school of life.

Both you and the OP may be disillusioned and that is understandable. But becoming self hating hopeless cowards is indefensible.
thank you for saying blood and sweat but look around in naija, i want to ask how do you think a monkey can suddenly become a lion is it possible? How do you think buhari or atiku would suddenly turn Nigeria to london is it possible? How do you think an igbo man would suddenly allow a yoruba man to govern his state is it possible? How do you think a muslim would allow a christian to build his church close to a mosque is it possible? I was like you but your eyes would open when you see the other side? To change nigeria is very very very very hard, infact it is unchangeable.

9 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by figur: 2:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
After my first trip to Japan, arriving Nigeria, it felt like I stepped away from the real 2019 to 1920, everything in Nigeria looked faded, and should be thrown away.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:

On average, most black people are stupid very stupid. If Africans were not stupid, Africa especially sub Sahara Africa will not be a shithole. Look at Nigeria a black nation of 200 million people. 200 million people with no electricity. 3 years ago some foolish 12 million mugus voted for a brain dead decrepit and you wanna say blacks aren't stupid really Bro lipsrsealed
I have really enjoyed your travel experience, it sheds light on the issues affecting the black race and definitely calls for self instrospection.

I'm following to learn other lessons you have gathered from your trip. Just as an advice, keep it really cool with your frustrations with others who may not have the same opportunities and therefore are not able to raise their thinking to match with yours or globally accepted levels.

As a race, there's no question about the fact that we have failed ourselves, but I still believe we need to show some grace to others who we have managed to leave behind in the journey of life, especially as our circumstances are not always the same and certain variable factors may have played well into one's favour compared to others.

Thanks so much for sharing.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Mariangeles(f): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
Mizwisdom:
I'm now convinced that "Black men" are Africa's problem grin Oga, you are telling your fellow black about the beauty of "Whites" cheesy how did you contribute to the good of us by this? As you've seen that we are all suffering, before you leave to Europe finally, gather your friends to MMA, that place where you saw hip of refuse, go and pick it up and do a rally to sensitize people before you leave. This is what our leaders do to us and we complain, they travel, see things but don't replicate it here, same thing we ourselves do.
Meanwhile bro, update us with info when there's an opening in your coy.

God bless you for these words !

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

How old is Singapore? undecided

Bad example. Singapore is a homogeneous society. It thus has not had to deal with the level of conflict that we have had to deal with.

Such major conflicts are powerful stumbling blocks to development and progress. I am not aware that Singapore has fought a Civil War for example. But even if they had, it's still not the same as the level of complexity cannot be compared at all.

We are about 300 different nations crammed into one space. Merely achieving coherence will of course be a challenge.

Nigeria alone is more ethnically and linguistically diverse than the whole of Europe put together and this factor has a bearing on attaining national coherence. A very serious bearing.

So there's your answer. Please compare apples with apples next time. Do not compare us with places like Singapore; Qatar; Bahrain or the UAE.

11 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by jesmond3945: 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
HarryDuce:
People like the OP fail to realise that no matter how bad the country is, it is still ours to fix. We cannot all just up and leave. Who are we leaving it for? grin

Most youths front a lacklustre attitude to important things they should be concerned about and worry about irrelevancies. It's very ingrained in our faculties. There's much to be done. How have you helped in this regard? You're promoting cowardice instead.

The OP has passed his message though. If it is from self hate or his insecurities it's up to him to fix. Abroad will not fix inferiority complex. grin
were are you going to start fixing nigeria, you people dream a lot. Where are you going to start my brother? Let me tell by 2019 you have to choose between a known crook and a tribal bigot to rule you. Think about that when you go to bed.

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2018
Adiwana:

Who gives a fvck how many years Britain is?Who cares JUST how many years Nigeria is?The world today is not measured on how many years nations have existed but what is in front.What is it that Mother Africa doesnt have??Intellectuals,Human resources,name it.What has she achieved to show for all those things??

I am sorry I cannot have a proper conversation with a person who does not understand the relevance of history to this matter.

Please go and meet your mates.

5 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2018
grin
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

Bad example. Singapore is a homogeneous society. It thus has not had to deal with the level of conflict that we have had to deal with.

Such major conflicts are powerful stumbling blocks to development and progress. I am not aware that Singapore has fought a Civil War for example. But even if they had, it's still not the same as the level of complexity cannot be compared at all.

We are about 300 different nations crammed into one space. Merely achieving coherence will of course be a challenge.

Nigeria alone is more ethnically and linguistically diverse than the whole of Europe put together and this factor has a bearing on attaining national coherence. A very serious bearing.

So there's your answer. Please compare apples with apples next time. Do not compare us with places like Singapore; Qatar; Bahrain or the UAE.
So let's divide Nigeria then. From what you have said it will never get better so long as we are together.

6 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Gr8amechi: 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
I really wish I could show more pictures from my trip but the others had my face in it and I dont wanna show my face. We are really suffering in Africa. I used to be one of those who believe in this continent but I don't anymore. We are living like animals especially here in Nigeria. Nigeria especially is the worse amongst all African countries. Nigeria lacks the basics a country that can't provide electricity nor water for its citizens or even healthcare. In all of Italy, healthcare is free. They live so long. You see so many old people on the street. They get sick they go to the hospital and get treated for free and they got quality healthcare. We got absolutely nothing in Nigeria. I am back to Nigeria now and at the moment I am confused on what I wanna do. Everything here feels so strange and so weird. Everyone in Nigeria is suffering I mean it everyone. You have to really go outside to see how bad it is here.

Anyone that wants to leave Nigeria should do so ASAP. This country and by extension much of sub Sahara Africa will never get better. I mean even Gabon that has so much oil and very few citizens has so much poverty and really shit infrastructure same with equitoreal guinea.

The most painful aspect is that most African leaders travel to this countries regularly and see how things are done here and see how people live like human beings but cannot replicate same in their home nations.

Anyone that has an opportunity to leave Nigeria should waste no time. We are suffering in Nigeria. Life is not all about money quality of life matters too and quality of life in Nigeria is shit real shit.
I think there is a way through these stuffs and the only way is a drastic change, we need a youth revolution we need to chart a course for ourselves.
Being angry and complaining alone can't solve it, it's time for us to start a strong youth movement.
Life isn't all about how much you have in your bank account but the quality of life.....
Support #theyouthawakening

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
Ugosample:
grin
Why are you laughing, say something about my beloved country tongue
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Why are you laughing, say something about my beloved country tongue

grin

how your side?

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by peterphd(m): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

grin

Ex Wife #1: US Citizen / White

Ex Wife #2: UK Citizen / White (4 children).

Current Wife: Nigerian Citizen / Black (I have to put this because I have an Indian co worker who was born and raised in Nigeria until the age of 25).

Have been in long term relationships (not just after club romp) with Chinese, Mexican, Swiss, Argentinian citizens.

All women are beautiful in their own right. There are ugly and beautiful people from all races. I suggest that you expand your dating circle.

Baba, you have seen the world!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
Notatribalist:
now u sound matured and intelligent.. You see u just highlighted the problem of Nigeria and also a proffers a way forward..You see,like I said in my post earlier, I am a great advocate of restructuring/true federalism.. But how effortive can such system of government be when 90 percent of our leaders are worst than devil himself? Take a look out our state governors for instance.They are so insensitive that they can't pay workers and yet they remain executive governors.so my brother tell me,who will lead a restructured Nigeria if not this old selfish, insensitive,and evil men parading themselves as our leaders?ok let talk about the presidential election that's few months away now.we have the incumbent president who has proven beyond every reasonable doubt that he Is incapable of leading us,yet he still enjoy a massive supports from our youth. because of the riotous vehement nature of his supporters you dare not speak against him especially in the northern part of the country,that's tribalism like you rightly mentioned.. Now,obviously the only man that stand a chance of unseating this incumbent president is Atiku,who also was vice president for 8good years with nothing to show for it,yet he still enjoy a massive support from our youth.I don't want to talk about the bribery allegation in the US that has taken away a lot of credence from his credibility if he has any, after all we have EFCC who's job is to fight financial crime,but have they done a anything about it?STORY FOR ANOTHER DAY...Now my big question is,what do we expect this men to give that they have not given before? They've been given time to build Nigeria of our dream, but yet we kept going from bad to worse...

SOLUTION
Vote in a non tribal bigot like Sowore or Donald Duke, let's see what they have to offer,and if they fail,we vote them out.This recycling of old selfish politician will never help us..
Voting non-tribal bigots like Sowore and Donald Duke sounds like a good choice but large percentage of the Nigerian masses vote along religious and ethnic line. Compiled with the high illiteracy level of Nigeria populace do you think the right people can be given the opportunity to man an intricate position like the president sit.
My dear in a country devoid of bias arising from the criteria I initially enumerated Buhari is not intellectually and mentally fit to be local government chairman. Someone that has no basic o'level certificate. What does he know about education reformation? What experience is he working with? Okay let me say people that voted Buhari made a mistake base on Jonathan's corrupt rule but after experiencing his(Buhari) rule you still see people clamoring for his return to power.What do you think is the motive behind that? simply ethnicity.
Now let me address the issue of giving power to the governor. If optimum power is given to the governor he has his own people to fight if anything goes wrong .Nobody will raise the issue of ethnic difference if he was found guilty of corrupt practices.

8 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by codemaniacs: 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
zz
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
Hadampson:
Don't say that bro. I believe that all these developed countries have passed through what we are passing in Zoogeria but look at where they are today... Never say never. One thing is sure, if we don't get it right in this present generation, the next generation would surely get it right.

P.S - am not a patriotic citizen of zoogeria. In fact, am not from Zoogeria. grin

I'm just a simple guy who believe in positivity.. And most zoogerians lack that attribute (positivity)

If they are positive, Zoogeria will never be like this.

As a Nigerian, its our duty to keep praying for Nigeria because prayer is divine. There is power in prayer. Even though, am not patriotic, i still pray for Nigeria because nigeria is a blessed nation (a country that has many resources) with greedy and selfish government. selfish government, bad people, tribalism, bad mentality( a typical Nigerian believes that money is everything whereas it is not so), and many more are the problems we are facing. If only if we could change, things would fall in place. It may be long but i know for sure that Nigeria would be Africa USA.

My everyday prayer line is as follows

Anybody that wants to destroy NIGERIA in one way or the other, may God destroy his or her destiny.

All the looters will not find peace insha Allah / IJN
you keep praying, they keep looting. I rest my case.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by RTSC: 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2018
aonag:
lol and according to europe standards, Italy is a shithole.. lmao!
That is the scary thing.

Italy is like a European backwater. It is not among the very best countries in Europe.

If a backwater is so much developed than Africa, then how much more places like Germany, France, Belgium or Switzerland.

They are literal heavens.

Africans are suffering. I will never spend the rest of my life in Nigeria.

God forbid.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2018
Taofeekdboy:
The OP might be right with some of his points but at the same time he did a poor work by tagging individual names, cursing each and everyone living in the country. As I have traveled out of the country, I am not happy with the situation of things in my dear country but at the same time, I can’t curse my country of origin simply because of what I saw outside the country, most of this European and American countries were built by their citizens’ taxes, they paid a lot for it before it look like that but here in Naija, there are few who pay taxes and many multi billionaires prefer making money off the country without paying their taxes, how do you expect growth and development in such occasion. Our politicians and leaders are corrupt, we know, but average Nigerian is more corrupt because he hasn’t attained that position yet, dimeji bankole is a perfect example..Nigeria was great before is an excuse, during that time, Nig. Population was 60 million plus, now it’s more than 200 million with the same infrastructures and basic amenities being in place then. I am not against who wants to travel out of the country before some people who won’t read meaning to post starts ranting and abusing me, you are free to leave the country but don’t curse your country, paint her black because of what you see outside the country, we have black people making great things within the country and outside the country, at times there might not be opportunity to showcase your talent in your fatherland, if you find that kind of opportunity outside doesn’t mean you should be cursing your country...there are some of this Europeans migrating to other European countries because of job opportunities and better livelihood but you won’t see them coming online to shattered their country’s images and citizens....Nigeria might not be great now but with our collective effort, she will soon be great.

ok

keep consoling yourself

With the prevalent way black men think in general And Nigeria in particular, Nigeria is going nowhere

Development starts from the mind, which in Nigeria, most have an archaic, short sighted, hateful and destructive mindset

those of us who would have tried some thing have either left the country, or are a minority in Nigeria

the majority are dead weight

Is it the hordes of Aboki illiterate fanatics that would change the country?

Or the multitudes of boys in the no get delta that cannot use their brains, and would rather be thugs or militants?

Or the hordes of Agbero illiterates in the West?

or the Wannabe ipob members from the east?

these folks are in the vast majority, and majority in democracy always carries the day.

So it is folks lije these that would keep determining who lead Nigeria at all levels of gov't

And you think things will change soon cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2018
excelee:
CAN U LINK ME WIT THE NGO AM ACTUALLY WANT TO TRAVEL OUT OF DIS COUNTRY JUS TO SEE OTHER CLIMES....AM 38 YRS AND VE NEVER GONE OUT OF NIGERIA.....I CAN WORK FOR THEM FOR FREE.....PLS HELP ME

My brother don tire for the country

It is better to b a second class citizen in another country than a first class citizen in Nigeria

#fact

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by EnkayDezign: 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
chukxie:

We've prayed. We've fasted. Yet no real changes. What else is left to be done?

Industrialisation! Work! work! and more work!. We need to get rid of our old ideas and really embrace modernity. The asians have done it, by realising how important education is (I mean acquiring skills to actually create things not our typical lawyer, doctor e.t.c). We are a country with potentials, and all that oil money is useless if we don’t create anything else! That’s what makes western/asian countries wealthy. They all have industries that create products, which they sell to the world. That is how to create wealth!

They could actually care less about religion, because again, unlike us, they understand that it doesn’t solve their problems!

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by busomma: 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
chukxie:

We've prayed. We've fasted. Yet no real changes. What else is left to be done?
Prayers, fasting or whatever will never solve Nigeria's problem until we learn how to process reality. European countries & America were not built by prayers but by citizens holding their leaders to account.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
peterphd:

Baba, you have seen the world!!

Thanks, I thank God. I can’t wait to come home and hang my hat in Ibadan.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Mujtahida: 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
figur:
After my first trip to Japan, arriving Nigeria, it felt like I stepped away from the real 2019 to 1920, everything in Nigeria looked faded, and should be thrown away.
The country is sick and dying. In fact it's a cold dead place, a place where wickedness thrives.

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

several homogenous countries in Africa and South East Asia are also shitholes

So it has nothing much to do with homogenity

It's the mind set of the people living in a space that determines how developed a place will be

even outside Africa, black majority areas are often $hitholes undecided

It's the MIND......

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Notatribalist(m): 3:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
vingeophysicist:
Voting non-tribal bigots like Sowore and Donald Duke sounds like a good choice but large percentage of the Nigerian masses vote along religious and ethnic line. Compiled with the high illiteracy level of Nigeria populace do you think the right people can be given the opportunity to man an intricate position like the president sit.
My dear in a country devoid of bias arising from the criteria I initially enumerated Buhari is not intellectually and mentally fit to be local government chairman. Someone that has no basic o'level certificate. What does he know about education reformation? What experience is he working with? Okay let me say people that voted Buhari made a mistake base on Jonathan's corrupt rule but after experiencing his(Buhari) rule you still see people clamoring for his return to power.What do you think is the motive behind that? simply ethnicity.
Now let me address the issue of giving power to the governor. If optimum power is given to the governor he has his own people to fight if anything goes wrong .Nobody will raise the issue of ethnic difference if he was found guilty of corrupt practices.
well said bro..You're so intelligent and I believe you have a key rule to play in building a new Nigeria.. Please let's stop speaking bad of our country, we don't have another place to call our home..let's join hands to fight our common enemy, our "leaders", Then we can have a better Nigeria.. Can we chat off Nairaland?+233572748276

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Sibrah: 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2018
ollah2:

The one that your god fears so much that he watches when his worshippers die like cockroaches and can't do nothing because he is powerless.
See am. . from gods of the land to gods of the illiterate.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by codemaniacs: 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2018
zz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by RTSC: 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
The IQ of Nigeria is 70.

That is less than the IQ of an American mental asylum.

It could be a major reason why organisation and futuristic planning is a taboo to Nigerian leaders.

We only think about the present. We can not and do not plan for the next 20, or 30, 100 or 200 years.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
Mujtahida:

The country is sick and dying. In fact it's a cold dead place, a place where wickedness thrives.

that's the key word

WICKEDNESS

a country that has so many wicked people cannot progress

Owing people salaries wilfully, impoverishing people, lecturer failing and frustrating students, bank loans going to only cronies and not those who need it, and the list is endless

as someone said, leave matter for mattias

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2018
seyigiggle:
I've got his message, you've got his insults.
EXACTLY!
You think differently.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Notatribalist(m): 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
EnkayDezign:

Industrialisation! Work! work! and more work!. We need to get rid of our old ideas and really embrace modernity. The asians have done it, by realising how important education is (I mean acquiring skills to actually create things not our typical lawyer, doctor e.t.c). We are a country with potentials, and all that oil money is useless if we don’t create anything else! That’s what makes western/asian countries wealthy. They all have industries that create products, which they sell to the world. That is how to create wealth!

They could actually care less about religion, because again, unlike us, they understand that it doesn’t solve their problems!
God bless u for this.. U have spoken well.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Unidentified Lady Involved In Accident In Lagos. Do You Know Her? (Pictured) / UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians / Airport Workers Push Passenger Plane In Nigeria (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.