Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? (61820 Views)

VFS Lagos Takes 3 Weeks Before Updating Passport Status / Luxembourg Visa From Nigeria / Schengen Visa From French Embassy London - Eu Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by screenwave(m): 5:55am On Jul 02, 2013
According to the New Website http://www.abuja.mfa.gov.pl/en/consular_information/

"A visa application should be lodged at least 15 calendar days before the intended visit and cannot be lodged earlier than three months before the start of the intended visit. It is the applicant's responsibility to take the necessary precautions to respect the deadlines"

As this embassies might be tricky - and poland for that matter .....I understand this is saying 3 weeks processing Time but i just need your going through this to ensure my brain is working well.
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by peemesh2: 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
screen-wave:
According to the New Website http://www.abuja.mfa.gov.pl/en/consular_information/

"A visa application should be lodged at least 15 calendar days before the intended visit and cannot be lodged earlier than three months before the start of the intended visit. It is the applicant's responsibility to take the necessary precautions to respect the deadlines"

As this embassies might be tricky - and poland for that matter .....I understand this is saying 3 weeks processing Time but i just need your going through this to ensure my brain is working well.

I saw that too on their website.... But right now I need to legalize my documents at ministry of education and foreign affairs....I don't even no the documents that will be needed for legalization and the present cost and duration it will take me to finish so I can proceed to the embassy for my study visa
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by screenwave(m): 12:26am On Jul 16, 2013
peemesh2:

I saw that too on their website.... But right now I need to legalize my documents at ministry of education and foreign affairs....I don't even no the documents that will be needed for legalization and the present cost and duration it will take me to finish so I can proceed to the embassy for my study visa
Legalisation is at the embassy .... you need to go to Abuja and confirm most of the information you get online
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by peemesh2: 9:25am On Jul 16, 2013
screen-wave:

Legalisation is at the embassy .... you need to go to Abuja and confirm most of the information you get online

Legalization is at the embassy but you need to super-legalize your documents at ministry of foreign affairs before proceeding to the embassy in which they will legalize it. Cos it was stated that only super-legalize documents are going to be legalized by the embassy. How did u go about yours?
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by screenwave(m): 3:46am On Jul 18, 2013
Well i've chanhed my mind about poland am not going to poland anymore, but i don't see any reason for legalization at min of foreign affairs and the embassy again , strange though did you confirm the processing time?
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 18, 2013
peemesh2:

Do you guys know the current situation of Polish embassy? I heard that they do deny prospective students their visa, i advise you to confirm if they are now born againgrin before you submit your application.
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by peemesh2: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2013
screen-wave:
Well i've chanhed my mind about poland am not going to poland anymore, but i don't see any reason for legalization at min of foreign affairs and the embassy again , strange though did you confirm the processing time?

Well according to the embassy,it is when they grant u ur visa that u will now legalize with the poland embassy cos u will need it when u travel and only super-legalized document from ministry of foreign affairs will be attended to
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by junsleek: 11:54am On Jul 22, 2013
Hello,please am I going to submit medical test for the visa,but medical test is not part of the document requested for.please anyone to help out
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by peemesh2: 10:47am On Jul 23, 2013
junsleek: Hello,please am I going to submit medical test for the visa,but medical test is not part of the document requested for.please anyone to help out

You need your medical fitness and travel health insurance...check the website for other documents
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
Any good news about polish embassy ? Hope they don't deny anyhow again
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by junsleek: 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
Plz what are the likly question dey ask during d intaview nd plz what are the main thing dey uz 2 consider 4 d visa insurance,I mean what dey normally check most.Thanks.
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
junsleek: Plz what are the likly question dey ask during d intaview nd plz what are the main thing dey uz 2 consider 4 d visa insurance,I mean what dey normally check most.Thanks.
I wish you read stories of people here on Nairaland about Polish embassy how they do deny without no reasons.

However, likely questions should be : Why do you want to study in Poland, why do you want to study the course you were admitted to, what do you know about poland ( Culture and Geographical location) and Who is your sponsor. Etc

Good luck, and try to give your testament on here.
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by peemesh2: 10:46am On Jul 24, 2013
Demaejy:
I wish you read stories of people here on Nairaland about Polish embassy how they do deny without no reasons.

However, likely questions should be : Why do you want to study in Poland, why do you want to study the course you were admitted to, what do you know about poland ( Culture and Geographical location) and Who is your sponsor. Etc

Good luck, and try to give your testament on here.

After interview with the embassy, what next?
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2013
peemesh2:

After interview with the embassy, what next?
Nothing more than to know wether you'ar granted or denied. Have you done your interview?
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by peemesh2: 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
Demaejy:
Nothing more than to know wether you'ar granted or denied. Have you done your interview?

Am asking because after interview, do you get to know that same day if your granted visa or is it after few days?
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
peemesh2:

Am asking because after interview, do you get to know that same day if your granted visa or is it after few days?
I don't know that but i read it somewhere that you ought to call them few weeks after your interview to know if your visa is approved or otherwise. However the procedure might have changed for now that's why i was asking if you guys know the current situation at that embassy now. I believe who knows much would surely put more light on it...
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by screenwave(m): 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
Demaejy:
I don't know that but i read it somewhere that you ought to call them few weeks after your interview to know if your visa is approved or otherwise. However the procedure might have changed for now that's why i was asking if you guys know the current situation at that embassy now. I believe who knows much would surely put more light on it...

You will get to know after three weeks . . . 15 working days , i guess it's normal for Schenghen visa . . . And i have heard Poland denied a lot of visas in the past,which i still can't fathom why. According to Schenghen system once your documents are OK , they have to issue the visa, but the stories in the past were some how, but things have change now,i called the embassy and a lady i talked to confirmed that, thing have changed , even the duration time that was months before is now just three weeks and to affirm that they now have a new website,less bureaucratic and informative .

NO INTERVIEW PER SE
, It's just submission, and the consular will just check your documents ,if they are necessary ones , so will you call that an interview?
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by junsleek: 10:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
Please what is the medical test all about,I mean what it covers,is it blood test,hiv test x rays or what please,can somone put me through on this
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by justwise(m): 11:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
@screen-wave

Stop your: 'inbox me, email me' else you will be excluded from this section.
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by screenwave(m): 11:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
justwise: @screen-wave

Stop your: 'inbox me, email me' else you will be excluded from this section.

why? I get email alerts on phone . . . so it's better to reply easily. And i think your post is really embarassing . . . there will be no Nairaland without people
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by screenwave(m): 11:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
junsleek: Please what is the medical test all about,I mean what it covers,is it blood test,hiv test x rays or what please,can somone put me through on this

What they need is complete medical result, you can get it at Echo Scan Hospital in Abuja . . . I will look the address up and i will post it. I think there are two to three authorized hospitals for Poland Visa Medicals in Abuja.
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by justwise(m): 11:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
screen-wave:

why? I get email alerts on phone . . . so it's better to reply easily. And i think your post is really embarassing . . . there will be no Nairaland without people

You are confusing yourself, why do you want people to contact you rather than having open discussion here? Nairaland can do without people who preferred private chat.
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by screenwave(m): 11:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
justwise:

You are confusing yourself, why do you want people to contact you rather than having open discussion here? Nairaland can do without people who preferred private chat.

Imagine i am to visit Abuja . . . and i could help a fellow Nigerian visiting for the same purpose at the embassy . . .will it be wise to disclose that here ? This is Nigeria and how much more can you be security conscious ? My oga? Nw u understand me.
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by justwise(m): 11:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
screen-wave:

Imagine i am to visit Abuja . . . and i could help a fellow Nigerian visiting for the same purpose at the embassy . . .will it be wise to disclose that here ? This is Nigeria and how much more can you be security conscious ? My oga? Nw u understand me.

You are still talking gibberish, keep discussion open here, that's all i'm saying
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by screenwave(m): 11:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
justwise:

You are still talking gibberish, keep discussion open here, that's all i'm saying
Oga i am not selling travel here,if that's what you mean . . . this is one of the problems of Nigeria (confused people)
Abeg pack!
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by justwise(m): 12:02am On Jul 25, 2013
screen-wave:

Oga i am not selling travel here,if that's what you mean . . . this is one of the problems of Nigeria (confused people)
Abeg pack!

Done with you, any more of: 'inbox or email me' you will be gone.

Keep rambling
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by screenwave(m): 12:16am On Jul 25, 2013
justwise:

Done with you, any more of: 'inbox or email me' you will be gone.

Keep rambling

You should do it Now you don't have to wait till i post inbox me again. and like i said Thank you
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by Nobody: 4:59am On Jul 25, 2013
screen-wave:

You will get to know after three weeks . . . 15 working days , i guess it's normal for Schenghen visa . . . And i have heard Poland denied a lot of visas in the past,which i still can't fathom why. According to Schenghen system once your documents are OK , they have to issue the visa, but the stories in the past were some how, but things have change now,i called the embassy and a lady i talked to confirmed that, thing have changed , even the duration time that was months before is now just three weeks and to affirm that they now have a new website,less bureaucratic and informative .

NO INTERVIEW PER SE
, It's just submission, and the consular will just check your documents ,if they are necessary ones , so will you call that an interview?

If that is the case, i think that's a good news and development. However, any recent success story about Polish embassy can totally back up your statement though.

Screen-wave and Justwise... grin
Re: Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? by peemesh2: 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2013
screen-wave:

NO INTERVIEW PER SE

But still one has to book for an appointment online...cos I called the embassy and a lady told me so and right now...their are no appointment dates on their websites available.... Am I suppose to just go to the embassy with my documents?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unidentified Lady Involved In Accident In Lagos. Do You Know Her? (Pictured) / UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians / Airport Workers Push Passenger Plane In Nigeria (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.