Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi (7500 Views)

I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi / Bola Tinubu Storms Ekiti To Campaign For Fayemi (photos) / Fayose Planning To Set Me Up, Says Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by 7Ebisco: 6:43am On Nov 11, 2018
Governor Kayode Fayemi has said his administration’s plan to focus on agriculture and rural development is to reposition Ekiti State as a food basket for the country.

The governor, who said that farming remained the number one pre-occupation of Ekiti people, said his government would partner with the farmers and some private organisations to boost food production through agric business.

Minister commends ongoing facilities upgrading at FMC Ebute Metta

According to him, Ekiti has the capacity to become the food basket not only for the region for the country at large, because of its rich farm land and all that government needed to do was to create enabling environment, and support the farmers with infrastructure and access to funding.

Fayemi spoke when he inspected facilities at the National Food Reserves Agency’s silos in Ado-Ekiti. He said the Federal Government set up the silos as a repository for food storage that people can fall back to during non-harvest period, adding that his administration would encourage farmers to take advantage of the storage facilities, which he said were currently under utilised.

Getting business loans from banks (Concluding)

The governor noted that the importance of agriculture in the state’s drive towards economic development cannot be over emphasized, adding that great will and determination were needed to put the economy in big agricultural production footing.

He said Ekiti state was endowed with capacity to produce a variety of agricultural products if the right resources were provided to farmers especially provision of storage facilities.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/11/ekiti-to-become-nations-food-basket.html

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Tenn88: 6:45am On Nov 11, 2018
Ok... FTC is as easy as pvssy for me. I dedicate it to my fuckmates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by wickyyolo: 6:45am On Nov 11, 2018
Allow capitalism in Agriculture don't let the government t do the running of major machinery. Then you shall prosper.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by ojun50(m): 6:50am On Nov 11, 2018
Story
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:08am On Nov 11, 2018
U don win election finish though temporarily, now work, u carry talku talku dey waka upandan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by zabuur: 7:08am On Nov 11, 2018
It's a goal. I'm not from there but, I wish and pray u achieve this.

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by kunmiiii: 7:08am On Nov 11, 2018
Ekiti State finally has a Governor...not that ponmo cutting, okada riding, ogogoro drinking clown and executive tout.

Ekiti people can finally have and enjoy the dividends of good governance.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by don4real18(m): 7:15am On Nov 11, 2018
I hope it happens and not just talk as usual
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Omeokachie: 7:15am On Nov 11, 2018
All I see is fodder for herdsmen cows. Ask Falae if in doubt.

Did the presidency not ask Nigerians to give up their ancestral lands to stay alive?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Randy100: 7:17am On Nov 11, 2018
Nonsense, what happened in ur first term as Governor. I guess they were food basket of beggars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Scatterscatter(m): 7:19am On Nov 11, 2018
These are the kind of words that leaders should be saying

Not those that will be cutting pomo and drinking palm wine upandan the state

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Vorto: 7:20am On Nov 11, 2018
This is one way of saying I will make EKITI become BENUE.

Won't be surprised if he starts Ortomatically allocating land to 'em Herds of state Men
This wan that he is advertising to the Herds men that Ekiti has rich farm lands, abeg na joke o.
We nor get land sef, Ekiti na riverine area o
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Burgerlomo: 7:20am On Nov 11, 2018
A modern way of saying stomach infrastructure cool

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by fame995: 7:22am On Nov 11, 2018
benue

1 Like

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 11, 2018
At last there is somebody with sense and vision in Ekiti

PDP is extremely evil

Atikulook is extremely evil

Obituary wants to turn Nigeria to a graveyard

No to PDP

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by magoo10(m): 7:29am On Nov 11, 2018
Fayemi should know that his days in office have started counting.
I hope he doesn't blame his predecessor after four years of noise making .

1 Like

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by udemzyudex(m): 7:32am On Nov 11, 2018
Scatterscatter:
These are the kind of words that leaders should be saying

Not those that will be cutting pomo and drinking palm wine upandan the state

No be by talk ooo, you and I know that these politicians are smooth talker.

They know how to use words to fool people like you, we are wiser now.
Come 2019,all those promising this and that will debate and tell us how they are going to achieve it.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by jrusky(m): 7:32am On Nov 11, 2018
They have started, apc has started again with their lies.

Fayemi today is Sunday ok we are sick and tired of apc lies pls free us from.all your party madness.

Not only food basket na food drum or food cup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Maxymilliano(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2018
Here we go again ...

Aregbesola once boasted that Osun will be the food basket of the SW when he was imposed as governor by the Ayo Salami led appeal court in 2010. We know what become of him.
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by DAMIGHT(m): 7:34am On Nov 11, 2018
Talk is Cheap everywhere allover the World

no be today �
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by holuphisayor(m): 7:34am On Nov 11, 2018
Empty promises. His goal is to deliver ekiti to buhari in 2019.
Not these emptyhen promises.
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Scatterscatter(m): 7:34am On Nov 11, 2018
udemzyudex:

No be by talk ooo, you and I know that these politicians are smooth talker.

They know how to use words to fool people like you, we are wiser now.
Come 2019,all those promising this and that will debate and tell us how they are going to achieve it.

Yea... But if you check Fayemi 's first tenure, you'll
Know the guy knows what he is doing. He walks his talk. Let's
continue this convo in 2yrs time
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by symbianDON(m): 7:34am On Nov 11, 2018
quite encouraging!!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by twilliamx(m): 7:36am On Nov 11, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:
U don win election finish though temporarily, now work, u carry talku talku dey waka upandan

Shut up Fulani herdsman, are u from ekiti, we that are from that side are interested in knowing how he will move the state forward considering the damage the incompetent buffoon that just left did to both mental and physical aspect of the indigenes..

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2018
kunmiiii:
Ekiti State finally has a Governor...not that ponmo cutting, okada riding, ogogoro drinking clown and executive tout.

As if he was not there before... Common bounce!
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by donbrowser(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2018
Scatterscatter:

Were you in Ekiti then?
Are you in Ekiti now?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by udemzyudex(m): 7:40am On Nov 11, 2018
Scatterscatter:

Anyways, I won't judge him now till after 3years.
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by pascal558(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2018
uzon
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by jrusky(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2018
kunmiiii:

Blablabla blurblurblur blublublu!!!

I don't know why you life is like this? Some one who was a governor and achieved nothing when lies was not the way then, he was a minister and still achieved nothing, now a governor when lies and propaganda is a curse on them and your brain is so dull to grab facts from fictions, pls show one good step or good thing he has done and a month has passed as governor than blame, blame and plenty talks up and down and you already fell cheaply for his failure antics talking nonsense.

Bro pls go your closed down oja oba you will still see some people selling fairly used sense thrir just go and buy one it's an advise.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by deor03(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2018
This guy is 'mouthed' .....talk talk talk !!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayelsa Assembly Insists On Pension For Lawmakers / They Collected Back The Money After Taking Pictures And Gave Us Only N2,000' / Oshiomhole Campaigns For Tinubu, APC In Owan West (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.