Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos (8657 Views)

Nembe Youths Shut Down OML29 Oil Well Located In Nembe - Bayelsa / 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well / Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Abagworo(m): 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2010
Police operatives have bust a syndicate, which operates an illegal oil well in Idimu area of Lagos. The syndicate which runs a factory where it dug a well, which it uses in siphoning fuel from the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) pipeline is allegedly headed by one Okonkwo.
The syndicate allegedly dug a well inside the factory located at Diamond Estate, Idimu, where it connected a pipe to the NNPC pipeline.

A police source said the police has been suspecting movements of petrol tankers which were always going and coming out of the factory odd hours.
The police, however, tried to penetrate the company to find out what was happening in the premises but were resisted until a new Divisional Police Officer (DPO) was posted to Idimu Division.

The DPO, Mr. Ambrose Agbedo was said to have personally led a team of detectives to the factory where they discovered a well, securely padlocked. Agbedo who was curious decided to brake the padlock and was shocked at what he and his team saw. The police source said: “The well is filled with fuel. There is a pipe connected from the well to the NNPC pipeline. The same way one fetches water with a bucket from a well, is the same way one fetches fuel from the well. The fuel in the well can serve all the cars in Lagos.”

Lagos State police spokesman, Mr. Frank Mba, who confirmed the report said: “What we have in the well is not water. What you see is the height of creativity in the criminal world. This is illegal bunkering in more criminalized manner. The syndicate pretends that it was producing furniture polish when it is siphoning fuel from oil pipeline.
The police image maker said he was worried that the action of the suspect might have polluted the water in and around the estate.

He warned residents to be careful about the drinking water sourced from the vicinity. Mba commended the DPO for busting the syndicate and revealed that the kingpin of the syndicate and seven accomplices were in the police net. He described the crime as the height of economic sabotage, adding that the suspects would soon be charged to court.

The alleged kingpin, Okonkwo, 48, told Daily Sun that he was the owner of the factory and the well. He said he noticed that about two months ago, the well was being contaminated with fuel and he decided to lock it up.
He said he reported the contamination to an unidentified NNPC staff, but the man did not take any action. According to him, he was surprised when the police stormed his factory and opened the well and the water in it had turned to fuel.

“I am surprised that the water in my well has turned to fuel. It is a wonder that I can’t explain but I swear to God I didn’t know how it happened,” Okonkwo said.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2010
The alleged kingpin, Okonkwo, 48, told Daily Sun that he was the owner of the factory and the well. He said he noticed that about two months ago, the well was being contaminated with fuel and he decided to lock it up.
okonkwo has invaded lagos abi ? thief ole barawo grin grin
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by ikenwan: 11:43pm On Jul 22, 2010
Nigeria's socio-economic state allows this to happen, so I'm more offended by the Detective's use of the word "syndicate." One oil-siphoning operation doesn't turn a crew into a syndicate.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by TewMuch: 11:48pm On Jul 22, 2010
Abagworo:

Police operatives have bust a syndicate, which operates an illegal oil well in Idimu area of Lagos. The syndicate which runs a factory where it dug a well, which it uses in siphoning fuel from the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) pipeline is allegedly headed by one Okonkwo.
The syndicate allegedly dug a well inside the factory located at Diamond Estate, Idimu, where it connected a pipe to the NNPC pipeline.

A police source said the police has been suspecting movements of petrol tankers which were always going and coming out of the factory odd hours.
The police, however, tried to penetrate the company to find out what was happening in the premises but were resisted until a new Divisional Police Officer (DPO) was posted to Idimu Division.

The DPO, Mr. Ambrose Agbedo was said to have personally led a team of detectives to the factory where they discovered a well, securely padlocked. Agbedo who was curious decided to brake the padlock and was shocked at what he and his team saw. The police source said: “The well is filled with fuel. There is a pipe connected from the well to the NNPC pipeline. The same way one fetches water with a bucket from a well, is the same way one fetches fuel from the well. The fuel in the well can serve all the cars in Lagos.”

Lagos State police spokesman, Mr. Frank Mba, who confirmed the report said: “What we have in the well is not water. What you see is the height of creativity in the criminal world. This is illegal bunkering in more criminalized manner. The syndicate pretends that it was producing furniture polish when it is siphoning fuel from oil pipeline.
The police image maker said he was worried that the action of the suspect might have polluted the water in and around the estate.

He warned residents to be careful about the drinking water sourced from the vicinity. Mba commended the DPO for busting the syndicate and revealed that the kingpin of the syndicate and seven accomplices were in the police net. He described the crime as the height of economic sabotage, adding that the suspects would soon be charged to court.

He said he reported the contamination to an unidentified NNPC staff, but the man did not take any action. According to him, he was surprised when the police stormed his factory and opened the well and the water in it had turned to fuel.

[b]“I am surprised that the water in my well has turned to fuel. It is a wonder that I can’t explain but I swear to God I didn’t know how it happened,” Okonkwo said.[/b] shocked shocked shocked grin

Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2010
so I'm more offended by the Detective's use of the word "syndicate." One oil-siphoning operation doesn't turn a crew into a syndicate
lwkmd.  . . . .the detectives in lagos are not used to serious bunkering case.sort of naive,maybe undecided undecided
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2010
“I am surprised that the water in my well has turned to fuel. It is a wonder that I can’t explain but I swear to God I didn’t know how it happened,” Okonkwo said.
see wayo ibo man.one of his crew must have performed that miracle

Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by MeGaStReEt: 12:39am On Jul 23, 2010
Abagworo:

lol
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by bkbabe90(m): 12:44am On Jul 23, 2010
Ibos!!!! undecided
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by newgroom: 8:03am On Jul 23, 2010
the moment i heard the news, i knew it must be igbo people.

Acursed generation of people!
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 23, 2010
newgroom:

that's too HARSH.i dont't think they are cursed,they are only smarter when it comes to crime.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 23, 2010
ikenwan:

Nigeria's socio-economic state allows this to happen, so I'm more offended by the Detective's use of the word "syndicate." One oil-siphoning operation doesn't turn a crew into a syndicate.

Most of these policemen are morons who can barely read. They just throw meaningless grammar around, Frank Mba himself a specific example - PR man who can't string a proper sentence in English.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by formunt(m): 8:58am On Jul 23, 2010
This well is not new the former police personel new everything about it
I personally new  and heard about it 3 year ago.
Many people in idimu new that also. It was briefly shut due those explosions that happened sometimes ago
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by oderemo(m): 9:04am On Jul 23, 2010

Accursed generation of people
sharaaaap. idiot.
illegal oil bunker been going on at egbeda /idimu/ikotun/egbe for a long time if u must know.
allegedly, did you know why former oba farounbi and the military boys were at log ahead then?
i bet if you have the chance one tanker load of illegal oil will set u up for life,?
or you will turn a blind eye cos u r igbo/yoruba/hausa.
still waiting to c that patriotic nija.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by yemmight(m): 9:05am On Jul 23, 2010
Igbo Kwenu! I am surprised that the water in my well has turned to fuel. It is a wonder that I can’t explain but I swear to God I didn’t know how it happened. Kai shocked grin grin
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by blacksta(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2010
Crime is not specific only to the Igbo tribe but to any person called Nigerian. Some blame it on poverty others say i am only taking my part of the national cake.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by otokx(m): 10:16am On Jul 23, 2010
What a miracle? Water turned into fuel.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by presido1: 10:27am On Jul 23, 2010
Jesus turned water into wine to satisfy the liquor testy crowd. Okonkwo turned water into petrol to satisfy the petrol mad Nigerians.
Miracle everywhere in Nigeria
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Tasma: 10:53am On Jul 23, 2010
"Lagos State police spokesman, Mr. Frank Mba, who confirmed the report said: “What we have in the well is not water. What you see is the height of creativity in the criminal world. This is illegal bunkering in more criminalized manner. The syndicate pretends that it was producing furniture polish when it is siphoning fuel from oil pipeline."

Tapping into a petrol pipeline is the "height of creativity in the criminal world" !?. I think a lot has to be done with the level of law enforcement training our police officers go through.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by warrior01: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2010
This so called bunkering is not all about Okonkwo alone. The police and some so called elders are neck deep in it. Is it not the same police that mounts road block opposite the estate while some tankers are always packed behind them waiting for their turn to load the stuff? How come no policeman was arrested? The former DPO, where is he? Bunkering is no new thing around Idimu, Iyana-Odo, Iroko and Diamond Estate axis and the police are the ones providing the cover and i wonder how they are exempting themselves from it.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2010
Anything on NL seems to deviate to a tribalistic diatribe.

One wonders how many more are still out there operating on an industrial scale
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by skoltic12: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2010
Abagworo:

Oloriburuku, ! angry grin
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by splendore(m): 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2010
“I am surprised that the water in my well has turned to fuel. It is a wonder that I can’t explain but I swear to God I didn’t know how it happened,” Okonkwo said!

Biggest miracle of the year! How could he say that ? The water tank that his factory use everyday suddenly starts turning to petrol tank,chei! What does he Take Nigerians for? "Anything is possible,after all Jesus turned water into wine and Okonkwos'water tank turned into petrol tank" For saying that,he should be given 39 lashes of the cain amongst other things, OLEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by slyDdean(m): 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2010
This man has being settling the all-to-dos in that area. So if he must be persecuted, they also must b calld to book. Especially the former dpo
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by DoubleN(m): 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2010
Abagworo:

The Ex DPO don chop money Die!
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Kennyblues(m): 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2010
Okonkwo, Chibuzor, Emeka, Chinedu, Nkeiru, Nkechi, Chinelo, Ohakim, Orji, Uzor, Kalu, I can go on and on you will not split this country call Nigeria with nefarious act.

Kilode eyin nikan lomo ni.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by hackney(m): 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2010
newgroom:

The moment i saw ur post, i knew your tribe.
greasey, hack-faced scourge of the nation.
2-faced mudafkrs
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Emestico: 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2010
“I am surprised that the water in my well has turned to fuel. It is a wonder that I can’t explain but I swear to God I didn’t know how it happened,” Okonkwo said, how igbo man no go no, what a disguised criminal he is,
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Csc42554: 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2010
okonkwo self won chop from the national cake ni, lol God purnish all of you
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2010
See all these attacks on my people and you wonder why I hate Nigeria with a passion. I wont be tribalistic in my post, but if you had the Ndi Igbo so much, then don't complain as we start the process of dividing again.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by bilymuse: 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2010
Igbo Kwenu
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by bilymuse: 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2010
Their Royal fathers are into kidnapping and armed robbery,
Atleast Okonkwo is still better, Its just oil bunkering
Igbo Kwenu
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by sandee575(f): 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2010
Those dudes can do anything to fetch them money.
I need not mention names and regions. Its too sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do You Still Love Nigeria? / Meet Prince Deji Adeyanju, The Incoming PDP Deputy Publicity Secretary / Enugu North LGA Elders Council Endorse Sen.ayogu Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.