Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant (5961 Views)

Check Out This Same Look; Siblings Photo Recreation After 28 Years / I'm 2 Weeks Pregnant But My Husband Died While Cheating On Me. What Should I Do / My Wife Is 5 Weeks Pregnant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 10:24am On Jul 23, 2010
Hi don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but has anyone here travelled out of Nigeria after their 28th week of pregnancy but before 32 weeks. Will the airline allow this - I know most website claim that airlines allow up to 32 weeks with a doctor's note but I can't help but think back to the UK border force show where the woman was denied boarding. (can't remember how many weeks she was).
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Sissy3(f): 10:51am On Jul 23, 2010
maybe those in the Travel Section will be more knowledge in it
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by blank(f): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2010
I am also interested.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Shinatu: 11:17am On Jul 26, 2010
:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 26, 2010
Ada, what's happened to the other thread, in Travel section? It appears to have vanished. undecided
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by chemali: 12:04am On Jul 27, 2010
Siena:

Ada, what's happened to the other thread, in Travel section?  It appears to have vanished.  undecided

after she told such glaring lies and tales about a hospital in nigeria, it is only normal for the mods to delete the thread.

access to the internet is no excuse for people to sprew falsehood and try to insult our collective intelligence,
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ikamefa(f): 12:58am On Jul 27, 2010
travelling after one week sef na wahala! grin grin grin

28- 32 weeks? undecided una dey try!
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 1:02am On Jul 27, 2010
siena i guess chemail has answered the question. he seems to be very passionate about it but refuses to insult the people who have made the same observations on a topic in the health section. siena i don't need to justify where i am right now - if people think i'm in some remote village in nigeria and looking to run to england to give birth let them think that if it helps them sleep better at night. yes the post was deleted not cos of the bullying i experienced but my so called lies. whatever!!

i doubt i will travel again and will remain here in the UK, if i'm that desperate for a holiday i'll go to malta or portugal or somewhere close for a long weekend. siena i'm sure u can understand that the days of taking a weekend break or 2 week holiday for now is out of the question with your little girl. just trying to get one last trip b4 the baby.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by WAVixen: 3:12am On Jul 27, 2010
I also looked for the thread in the travel section and found it had vanished, things were getting really ugly and distasteful. The secret with NL is to select your words carefully, trying to justify yourself, just makes things worse, all in all, its not a bad forum. Be warned, there are loads of 'posters' you'd be wise to avoid.
Take good care of your self and the baby, whether you're in kotuwanji, bamako, UK or US ! Your safety and that of the baby comes first. Have a safe delivery smiley
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by WAVixen: 3:14am On Jul 27, 2010
p.s its startling, that people dont believe scaning centers or hospitals dont have papers. The 3 scans I did at various places gave one silly excuse for not having paper.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 27, 2010
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 1:30am On Aug 01, 2010
chemali:

after she told such glaring lies and tales about a hospital in nigeria, it is only normal for the mods to delete the thread.

access to the internet is no excuse for people to sprew falsehood and try to insult our collective intelligence,

Chei, what did I miss from the I-am-pregnant-yet-my-GP-prescribed-me-antimalarial-tablets story cheesy

Wonder why thread was trashed, biko some Moderators are just too oversensitive sissies o jare angry angry angry

chaircover:

I'm not quite sure where this post started from and it seems to have its roots in other posts however my personal opinion is this.

It is a fact that many many women infact most women who travel out of Nigeria to the UK or USA anything after 28 weeks have the intention of having their babies abroad. . .

Berra not stir the hornet's nest again, lol wink wink wink
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 01, 2010
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 8:40am On Aug 01, 2010
just to clear some things up as some people think that this topic is so important they still need to leave negative comments

1) i left the UK last year to join my husband in Nigeria - I'm not the first and will not be the last

2) when i left i was given all my travel vaccinations and anti malaria - and i was not pregnant at the time

3) I am just over 4 months pregnant right now (in fact 17 weeks + 4 days) and baby is doing well.

4) so if i am 4 months pregnant and left last year how did my GP give me anti malaria while (according to some here I was supposedly pregnant)

5) I was planning to travel to Nigeria at just over 21 weeks after my anomoly scan and then return to the UK at 29 or 30 weeks - hence why the question was asked.

I am not travelling anyway as my doctor as advised me not to take any long haul journeys for medical reasons. I am thankful to God that even with the issues I have a healthy baby growing inside and pray it remains so. I am also grateful that I passed the 12 weeks stage.

NHS is not heaven but I would rather give birth here as my family and friends are here and the healthcare system is much better in my opinion overall. For those who feel the Nigerian healthcare system is the best in the world then all i can do is respect you opinion.

I hope this has now laid the issue to rest and hope in less than 5 months time I can give you the news of the safe delivery of a bouncing baby boy or girl. I find out this month if its a boy or girl - yes i would love to know cos i am one of those first time mums that is seriously into the pink or blue thing.  smiley
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 01, 2010
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 10:41am On Aug 01, 2010
@chaircover - thanks and wasn't referring to you.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 01, 2010
Ada, I wish you a problem-free delivery. smiley
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 11:57am On Aug 01, 2010
siena - thank you how is the wife and little girl?

hope the sleepness nights are not too draining for you both.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2010
Wife and Sienna are doing fine.

Sienna's now cottoned onto the fact, she can get our attention at any time, simply by making funny noises, or crying, lol!
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2010
ha ha ha - yeah babies are smart like that.

has she started the not liking to be carried sitting down yet, i noticed that with my siblings when they were babies and i looked after them and with other people's babies.

i guess u have to train her to not be attention seeking cos trust me if u give them that attention whenever they make noise they are very good at TRAINING YOU to give into to their every wim - i know its hard with a first born cos i know i'm seriously going to spoil this baby to a point!!

well hope Sienna and wifey are doing well.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2010
Lol, yes. Babies are pretty sharp. I'm having trouble convincing my wife (and myself) to mostly ignore her during the day, if she starts crying, and she's dry, not hot or cold, and has a full stomach. wink

It's hard though. tongue
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2010
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2010
chaircover:

People used to say the same to me & not to carry every time she cries. I didn't listen o! because I beleive that sometimes they just want comfort, company & closeness, besides Its only a phase and it will pass. Its not as if you will b carrying her for ever smiley
I personally hate the cry's of babies so I couldn't even do it even if I tried & I will probably give in within 30 seconds grin

Lol! Babies do get to you, even other people's. Hard to ignore their cries.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by blank(f): 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2010
All these tidbits are so informative. I am expecting my kid early next year and i am so anxious.
Yes, i want to have my baby in the UK but i have European travel insurance. That should cover me, i guess.
However, i am going back home but will return when i am 30 weeks. I think that is still safe.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2010
blank:

All these tidbits are so informative. I am expecting my kid early next year and i am so anxious.
Yes, i want to have my baby in the UK but i have European travel insurance. [size=16pt]That should cover me, i guess.[/size]However, i am going back home but will return when i am 30 weeks. I think that is still safe.

You guess shocked shocked shocked

Berra have a list of decent hospital in Nigeria to book yourself into incase of incasity, lol

As a rule of thumb, travel insurance usually only covers pregnant women to fly upto their 28th weeks pregnancy, so my dear your homework is not done yet, go and buy goggles and thoroughly read and digest the small prints of your travel insurance policy cheesy

Or if you are too lazy to read, call them and ask if they can provide cover to a 30 weeks pregnant person cool
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2010
ada24:

just to clear some things up as some people think that this topic is so important they still need to leave negative comments

1) i left the UK last year to join my husband in Nigeria - I'm not the first and will not be the last

2) when i left i was given all my travel vaccinations and anti malaria - and i was not pregnant at the time

3) I am just over 4 months pregnant right now (in fact 17 weeks + 4 days) and baby is doing well.

4) so if i am 4 months pregnant and left last year how did my GP give me anti malaria while (according to some here I was supposedly pregnant)

5) I was planning to travel to Nigeria at just over 21 weeks after my anomoly scan and then return to the UK at 29 or 30 weeks - hence why the question was asked.

I am not travelling anyway as my doctor as advised me not to take any long haul journeys for medical reasons. I am thankful to God that even with the issues I have a healthy baby growing inside and pray it remains so. I am also grateful that I passed the 12 weeks stage.

NHS is not heaven but I would rather give birth here as my family and friends are here and the healthcare system is much better in my opinion overall. For those who feel the Nigerian healthcare system is the best in the world then all i can do is respect you opinion.

I hope this has now laid the issue to rest and hope in less than 5 months time I can give you the news of the safe delivery of a bouncing baby boy or girl. I find out this month if its a boy or girl - yes i would love to know cos i am one of those first time mums that is seriously into the pink or blue thing.  smiley

You don't need to recap your story for me, i have a photographic memory that can recount all your posts word for word, so save it.

See yourself, your lying skills no get part 2. Just addressing no 4 & 5 you raised. You don forget say na you talk am say;

1) When Chemali accused you of exposing your unborn child's health to malaria, you claimed you religiously used malaria medication for the first 4 and 1/2 months you arrived in naija, but then stopped,

2) and that you miraculously got pregnant in naija after about a year and half in naija,

3) and that you were told not to use mosquito repellant whilst pregnant

4) ) and that the reason you were still in naija whilst pregnant was because bedrest was advised up to 12 weeks

5) and that you developed malaria which prompted your Husband to spend a lot on hospital and medication bills.

6) And that the hospital treated you using anti-malaria tablet and anti-malaria injection (Was it 28 years you claim you have been living in the UK shocked

7) and you have only just returned from Nigeria about 4 weeks ago

cool now tory don change to "na last year you trave/returnl"

ada24:

Hi don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but has anyone here travelled out of Nigeria after their 28th week of pregnancy but before 32 weeks. Will the airline allow this - I know most website claim that airlines allow up to 32 weeks with a doctor's note but I can't help but think back to the UK border force show where the woman was denied boarding. (can't remember how many weeks she was).

Your topic and your subsequent posts all stated you wanted information on travelling back to and fro the UK between 28 weeks and 32 weeks, now you don change story again to, " i wanted to travel in the 21st week" chei, dem no fit rope you for corner, as slippery as a eel, keep it up, na ya body e dey cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2010
I can't blame you for your lies tripping you up memory slipping up, i will excuse you, you are afflicted with "pregnancy brain", such "occupational hazard" are allowed cheesy

Just don't forget to forward us your postcode and door number in case you change your mind and decide to come and have your baby here in the UK, make we come chop rice, awoof no dey run belle cheesy
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2010
u have time

travelling after 28 weeks but b4 32 weeks is that not the 29/30 weeks i mentioned - must i clarify everything.

i have no idea what u are talking about regarding the malaria subject but u just carry on cos ur gist is not stopping me from living my life. i took anti malaria i got malaria how does that change anything in the world - u are still looking for someone that will start arguing with you.

sometimes if one has nothing positive to say one should say nothing at all. if u choose to continue insulting yourself on this matter that is up to u. i don't know what u want did u want me to give u a step by step account and question about leaving the uk at 21 weeks and then returning from nigeria at 29/30 weeks. obviously i was not going to ask about leaving at 21 weeks cos that is still ok, its when u get to the 28 week and beyond stage that it now becomes at the airlines discretion.

I mean really giving birth in the uk does not give a child citizenship so i don't know why some people are making this into a drama.

but just so u can sleep well tonight - YES O I'M LYING - KMT!!!
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 11:08pm On Aug 01, 2010
Busy_body:

I can't blame you for your lies tripping you up memory slipping up, i will excuse you, you are afflicted with "pregnancy brain", such "occupational hazard" are allowed cheesy

Just don't forget to forward us your postcode and door number in case you change your mind and decide to come and have your baby here in the UK, make we come chop rice, awoof no dey run belle cheesy

already in the UK love - will not have energy to be cooking rice.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 11:56pm On Aug 01, 2010
^^^

I haven't insulted myself anywhere, you are the one making a jackass of yourself, that even the Mod could see through you hence reason thread was pulled to save your face, its aiight, i understand your need to keep up with the pretext so keep dreaming and keep coming back to entertain us with your dreams and fabulous tall stories, and i am not surprised you are now claiming to be confused about the malaria story, like i said, lets blame pregnancy brain ehn cheesy
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 12:17am On Aug 02, 2010

u have time.

busy body why are u so passionate about my supposed lies. u have said it once let it go - ur starting to come across somehow.

if my malaria story doesn't add up let it go u were not there with me when i was getting sick so why the lingering around the malaria - na wah o!!

if this is entertainment to u then maybe u need to evaulate what u do with ur free time. anyway let me contnue making a jackass of myself as only u know the truth right?

so its the malaria that is getting u and nothing else?? if its lies or the truth is it really stopping u from paying ur mortgage that u STILL have to bring it up. by the way incest repellents are not recommended while ur pregnant. lets put it down to pregnancy brain cos i have a life and cannot remember the things i said in the post that was taken down. maybe it was the lies or maybe it was the bullying (which happens to be number 1 on the list of forum rules - or maybe i was making a jackass of myself)
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Radiant(f): 12:47am On Aug 02, 2010
Good you're already in the UK grin

For anyone who still needs the info:

You can fly at 35 weeks on KLM if all is well with the baby (no complications during pregnancy). If you're expecting twins or have any kind of complications you can't fly beyond 31 weeks on KLM.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of An Abadon Baby In A Gutter / How to handle finances in Marriage / Why Are Cases Of Infertility Common With Wealthy Families?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.