Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use (25236 Views)

Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) / Flood: Lagos Orders Residents Of Alagbole, Meiran, Kara, Others To Relocate / How Amosun Left Roads In Akute-Alagbole-Ajuwon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by autojosh: 10:37am On Nov 13, 2018
About a decade ago, the construction of the Alagbole-Odo-Yakoyo flyover commenced.

The project is the brainchild of the Ibikunle Amosu-led Ogun state government.

The flyover was designed to connect the Alagbole-Akute axis of Ogun state to Ojodu-Berger axis of Lagos state.

During the extensive period of construction of the flyover, it was a horrific experience for residents of Akute, Ajuwon, Lambe and neighbouring communities.

The flyover – which is one of the 3 flyovers being constructed within that location – suffered several abandonment.

Thankfully, the flyover is now opened for public use – though only one lane has been completed for use.

The  Alagbole-Odo-Yakoyo flyover is part of a 32km road construction project, that also includes the construction of  5 bridges.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/after-almost-a-decade-of-construction-one-lane-of-the-alagbole-yakoyo-flyover-is-now-opened-for-use-photos/
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by solutionist: 10:39am On Nov 13, 2018
After 8 years? Interesting.

Meanwhile, check out this clean foreign-used 2005 Toyota Corolla. Non-accidented. N.185m

https://www.nairaland.com/4842877/sale-foreign-used-2005-toyota#72928388

1 Like

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by nzeobi(m): 10:41am On Nov 13, 2018
good anything to ease traffic in that axis is welcome.
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 13, 2018
Great job Auto Josh!!!

We pray the road is completed on time cuz plying that route has been terrible for residents. The dust was something else, and the bad road will just spoil your car.

Amosun should better get to work asap. The Akute road project I wonder what is going to happen to it .

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by thesicilian: 10:50am On Nov 13, 2018
8yrs for one lane of a flyover.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Acidosis(m): 10:58am On Nov 13, 2018
thesicilian:

as in.. Nigerian politicians are very wicked and heartless. I wonder why citizens still celebrate these thieves.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by SEGLIZ: 11:05am On Nov 13, 2018
thesicilian:

let's us pray for this governor, I'm not here concluding really his best might not be enough to meet up the deficit in terms of alleviating the suffering of the people but if work can continue at pace this present administration has work the Nigeria we all pray for is just at the tip of our fingers. their won't be a man without his flaws, I have areas I would complain about him as well but in areas he has succeeded let's give him the deserving credit.

10 Likes

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by SEGLIZ: 11:13am On Nov 13, 2018
Acidosis:

as in.. Nigerian politicians are very wicked and heartless. I wonder why citizens still celebrate these thieves.

I'm not saying the present administration in Ogun State is a saint but truth be said he has tried. I would know the reason he is lagging on this particular road project but come to see other part of the state he has proven his worth. I only wish every governor can work the way he has done Nigeria would be better for it. not ruling out his negativity he has his flaws but truth he has tried.

8 Likes

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Acidosis(m): 11:25am On Nov 13, 2018
SEGLIZ:

I'm not saying the present administration in Ogun State is a saint but truth be said he has tried. I would know the reason he is lagging on this particular road project but come to see other part of the state he has proven his worth. I only wish every governor can work the way he has done Nigeria would be better for it. not ruling out his negativity he has his flaws but truth he has tried.

True, he has "tried" especially when we place him on the same scale with the governor of my state and other useless governors of failed states in the country.

Isheri/Akute/Ajuwon LCDA is the most commercially viable LCDA in Ogun state. I didn't conjure this statement, the state government did on its website:

The general expanse of land in the LCDA attracts high network of settlers and its close proximity to Lagos makes it the most commercially viable LCDA in the state.

Hence, Amosun has no reason whatsoever behind the abandonment. More attention should have been given to these routes even more than the state capital. How can a governor be so insensitive to the several opportunities in places like Isheri North, Magboro, Alagbole, Akute, even Ota?

Amosun missed his chances and whatever it is he has done in (perhaps) Abeokuta was done out of selfish reasons.

Like the 40 year old fraudster in Kogi state, these babariga-wearing criminals built their mansions in 3 months and less.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by SEGLIZ: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2018
Acidosis:

True, he has "tried" especially when we place him on the same scale with the governor of my state and other useless governors of failed states in the country.

Isheri/Akute/Ajuwon LCDA is the most commercially viable LCDA in Ogun state. I didn't conjure this statement, the state government did on its website:

Hence, Amosun has no reason whatsoever behind the abandonment. More attention should have been given to these routes even more than the state capital. How can a governor be so insensitive to the several opportunities in places like Isheri North, Magboro, Alagbole, Akute, even Ota?

Amosun missed his chances and whatever it is he has done in (perhaps) Abeokuta was done out of selfish reasons.

I quite agree with you on the bases of "what is worth doing is worth doing well." this might be one of his flaws like I earlier mentioned, if at there should be a genuine reason for wasting time on this project cos I wasn't expecting his not to complete this project during his administration not mare economical or political reasons are expected as for explanation for this delay.
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by 3millionia: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2018
Sharp Sharp

Nice One
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2018
After 8 years?

There was a country!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2018
Bubu is working!!!
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by TheAngry1: 11:38am On Nov 13, 2018
Nigerian governors are useless!!!! APC and PDP put together. Useless bunch of nitiwts...how can you celebrate this mediocrity? After 8 years?

3 Likes

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 13, 2018
thesicilian:
As in ehn, I just weak. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by sollye: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2018
Hmmm
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2018
8 years for flyover. Ok let me keep my mouth shut
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by sirusX(m): 11:40am On Nov 13, 2018
That one na 2 terms of government
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 13, 2018
I am one of the bona-fide beneficiaries of this project; senior bro lives in Akute, while I am positionef in Ojodu.

1 Like

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Olamsoh: 11:40am On Nov 13, 2018
A Concern in Hospital industry located in Sangotedo Lagos State is looking to fill the following positions;

Store keeper.
Candidate should be within age 23 to 30 years.
Male preferably
Minimum qualification OND, with 1 to 3 years experience in store keeping in hospitality.
Bin card management.
Good knowledge of SAGE software is an added advantage.
Must be proficient in computer applications.

Remuneration is attractive and negotiable.

Cashier
Male or Female can apply
With at least one year experience in cashier duties,
Must resides around lekki Ajah and proficient in computer applications.
Minimum qualification OND .

Interested? Forward a copy of your CV to chialways@gmail.com stating position applied for in Msword or PDF format only.

Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
******************************************************************************************************************
I've never heard of anyone who died because they didn't marry, but I've heard of people who died because they married the wrong person.

Don't rush, take your time.
******************************************************************************************************************
If people could hear the next five seconds after we hang up a call, we would have no friends.
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 13, 2018
OK. What of Agbara-Igbesa road? That is also important.

1 Like

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by NAIRALAND215926: 11:40am On Nov 13, 2018
ATLEAST THE ROAD DOESNT LOOK THAT BAD
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by allanphash7(m): 11:41am On Nov 13, 2018
honestly, Amosu is cursed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Meren1: 11:42am On Nov 13, 2018
Finally. After 10 years
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by dominique(f): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2018
That's very poor, considering the revenue the state is generating.

1 Like

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Mekanus(m): 11:43am On Nov 13, 2018
This country sef
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by efighter: 11:44am On Nov 13, 2018
thesicilian:

That is to remind you that the Thunder that will strike Ibikunle Amosun the thieving governor of Ogun State is coming from North Korea.

3 Likes

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by eebraa(m): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2018
Nice one Gov Amosu
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Alepa(m): 11:50am On Nov 13, 2018
Sai APC
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by humberjade: 11:52am On Nov 13, 2018
You see, if d last two governors we had in Ogun were able to do 65% of what d Amosun has done so far on roads in particular, Ogun would have developed beyond what we have now.

But where i think Amosun got it all wrong was starting so many projects all at once...and as now become overwhelming for him...and most of those roads are federal roads and most of d money spent on them are yet to be reimbursed-Amosun was yesterday pleading with d FG to pls refund over 100b d State has spent in reconstructing Fed roads...so one can understand why these projects are dragging.

He even tried to embark on construction of more roads...Atan-Agbara road, Adatan-Ibadan road, Lagos garage road-Ijebu Ode road etc...but he was stopped by d FG who claimed d said roads had bn contracted out and funds released since 2008 (Imagine that)...so atimes d State just take palliative measures on such projects.

And when u look at these State and Fed roads, they run to one another in most cases...T-junctions...cross roads etc...so atimes you just have to construct a road and then stop because it runs into a Fed road...in d view of these, i think d FG should release Fed roads within States to d State govtgs and stick to constructing highways.

Now before u come 4 my head...i am not trying to paint Amosun as a perfect Gov; he's not perfect...he has his flaws like most of us, but like him or hate him, in terms of infrastructural development and boosting of d State's IGR (from 740m during OGD's admin to 7bn), he's 2nd to none in d history of d State.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secondary School Girl In Anambra Crushed By A Bus On Her Way To School (Graphic) / Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) / Auto Crash Claims Four Lives In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.