Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) (39881 Views)

Loko-Oweto Bridge Connecting Benue And Nasarawa Now Ready For Use (Pictures) / Sanwo-Olu: First Phase Of Blue Line Rail Project Will Be Completed Next Week / Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by CapitalLens: 5:35pm On Apr 05
FCT Minister, Barrister Nyesom Wike on Friday, April 5th, undertook a tour of the Abuja Rail Mass Transit scheme also known as the Abuja Metro line, and rode on the train from the city center to the Abuja Airport.

The Minister expressed his satisfaction with the quality of work and commended the contractor while revealing that the project was one of those scheduled to be commissioned by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu in May

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by CapitalLens: 5:36pm On Apr 05
More

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Sirmwill: 5:38pm On Apr 05
Wike look like Metro too much

Okay okay

Why does this country continue to pay foreign companies for construction projects in Nigeria
Am I missing something?
Are the engineering students or graduates in Nigeria not capable to do these constructions from start to finish
In 2024!!! 😢

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Joey4321: 5:53pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Why does this country continue to pay foreign companies for construction projects in Nigeria
Am I missing something?
Are the engineering students or graduates in Nigeria not capable to do these constructions from start to finish
In 2024!!! 😢

No they're not

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by TUANKU(m): 5:55pm On Apr 05
Nice one.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Melagros(m): 5:59pm On Apr 05
COMRADES wike don bribed nairaland finish to be carrying APC's propaganda as if apc is working

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Nbote(m): 6:14pm On Apr 05
Melagros:
COMRADES wike don bribed nairaland finish to be carrying APC's propaganda as if apc is working

Wike is actually working here in the FCT

165 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by commoditiesnig: 6:47pm On Apr 05
Good job.. Reminds me of Metro in Istanbul, Turkey

Kudos mr Wike!

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by richiemcgold: 6:59pm On Apr 05
Abuja is finally getting the first completed train project

...after over 30 years of being a federal capital

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by lordimmaogidi(m): 7:04pm On Apr 05
Where's the Minister for State FCT?. I think he has relegated her.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Ekaette1621990: 7:12pm On Apr 05
Anyway I laugh in Swahili πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Dpharisee: 7:13pm On Apr 05
Building a railway hub at Abuja Airport is misplacement of priority by previous Govts, why not build it at Gwagwalada or Abaji, how many passengers will disembark from an international flight and wait one hour for a train to take them to city centre when he can pay N7000 to registered taxi operators or Uber.
Meanwhile thousands of workers, traders and students commute daily from Abaji and Gwagwalada to the city and there is no railway terminus for them, the airport railway shouldn't have come first before the masses.

Wike has done well for ensuring that its completed despite the above points

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by 89green: 7:20pm On Apr 05
Commendable, he should not forget to spend on improving the available hospitals and schools as well.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by kokoA(m): 7:31pm On Apr 05
Melagros:
The man is doing very well, don't go there.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Liammm: 7:31pm On Apr 05
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Thisis2raw(m): 7:32pm On Apr 05
Forget! This man Sabi work,

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Paraman: 7:39pm On Apr 05
Dpharisee:
Building a railway hub at Abuja Airport is misplacement of priority, why not build it at Gwagwalada or Abaji, even Wike will not disembark from an international flight and wait one hour for a train to take him to city centre when he can pay N7000 to registered taxi operators or Uber.
Meanwhile thousands of workers, traders and students commute daily from Abaji and Gwagwalada to the city and their is no railway terminus for them na for Airport them locate am where there's few traffic

When he sidelined the FCT Senator from the scheme of things many were happy, now most people don't even know the name of the FCT Minister of State, Wike sees himself as Lord of the Manor, he doesn't believe in power sharing

Ask your messiah Jonathan why he didn't build the railway in abaji or gwagwalada

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by kokoA(m): 7:41pm On Apr 05
Dpharisee:
Building a railway hub at Abuja Airport is misplacement of priority, why not build it at Gwagwalada or Abaji, even Wike will not disembark from an international flight and wait one hour for a train to take him to city centre when he can pay N7000 to registered taxi operators or Uber.
Meanwhile thousands of workers, traders and students commute daily from Abaji and Gwagwalada to the city and their is no railway terminus for them na for Airport them locate am where there's few traffic

When he sidelined the FCT Senator from the scheme of things many were happy, now most people don't even know the name of the FCT Minister of State, Wike sees himself as Lord of the Manor, he doesn't believe in power sharing
The project began long before Wike dreamt of becoming FCT minister, previous ministers abandoned it after billions have been pumped in, the least you can do is to appreciate the man who decided to save Nigeria those billions by reactivating the project. Have you seen the map of the entire Abuja metro line?

Pls mention other ministers of state of other ministries you know. FCT is not the only ministry with a minister of state, why single out Wike as the only one who relegated his minister of state?

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by johnog4sure: 7:47pm On Apr 05
I live in Gwagwalada and this project didn't benefit me, it didn't touch kubwa, lugbe , nyaynya nobody is benefiting from this total waste and I am sure it's substandard that is why they route it through zero populated areas

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Slytiger: 7:49pm On Apr 05
Man. This wike is doing well.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by oyatz(m): 8:15pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Am I missing something?
In 2024!!! 😢
The educational institutions in Nigeria were NOT designed to solve problems of Nigeria but as 'photocopies of foreign bodies', thus graduates from Nigerian Universities often need to seek validations from UK, USA, Canada, Germany before being considered truly educated.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Naybahood(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05
Philip Aduda always with wike , bro has been relegated real bad .

3 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by shaqhead: 8:27pm On Apr 05
Anytime I see Wike going to project sites I want to ask people like melagros who say Wike has bribed nairaland and who the only reply to every thread is "propaganda", what is Sim Fubara doing?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Penguin2: 8:35pm On Apr 05
If you like, turn Abuja to Dubai, whenever you hold election, they will still vote Peter Obi.

Ndi ala😏

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Oghene86: 8:37pm On Apr 05
CapitalLens:
FCT Minister, Barrister Nyesom Wike on Friday, April 5th, undertook a tour of the Abuja Rail Mass Transit scheme also known as the Abuja Metro line, and rode on the train from the city center to the Abuja Airport.

The Minister expressed his satisfaction with the quality of work and commended the contractor while revealing that the project was one of those scheduled to be commissioned by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu in May

But he could not complete the monorail started by Amaechi, I wish Fubara can consider completing that project

8 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by slimfit1(m): 8:38pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Am I missing something?
In 2024!!! 😢
100billion dollars question.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by KennethOkonkwo: 8:40pm On Apr 05
Dpharisee:
Building a railway hub at Abuja Airport is misplacement of priority by previous Govts, why not build it at Gwagwalada or Abaji, how many passengers will disembark from an international flight and wait one hour for a train to take them to city centre when he can pay N7000 to registered taxi operators or Uber.
Meanwhile thousands of workers, traders and students commute daily from Abaji and Gwagwalada to the city and there is no railway terminus for them, the airport railway shouldn't have come first before the masses.

When Wike sidelined the FCT Senator from the scheme of things many were happy, now most people don't even know the name of the FCT Minister of State, Wike sees himself as Lord of the Manor, he doesn't believe in power sharing
All in the name of hating wike!

Now tell us the minister of state for FCT when El rufai was the minister

One thing I learnt from nairaland.com is that HATE SWITCHES OFF LOGICAL AND OBJECTIVE REASONING!

30 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by KennethOkonkwo: 8:42pm On Apr 05
shaqhead:
Anytime I see Wike going to project sites I want to ask people like melagros who say Wike has bribed nairaland and who the only reply to every thread is "propaganda", what is Sim Fubara doing?
They will not ask that question.

I mentioned it in the other thread that fighting a godfather is an achievement on its own in Nigeria. You are guaranteed 2nd time with pity votes!

Whenever you read fubara in front page of nairaland.com just know its about fight with wike.No policy and No project.

23 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by theophorus(m): 8:42pm On Apr 05
Oga Wike, You are really doing well.
Even if some people claim say na only low density area the Train pass but Atleast you don complete this one, na to start those other area remain.

Bros, just continue to dey run things and show dem say na Mr Project be your name.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Codes151(m): 8:43pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Am I missing something?
In 2024!!! 😢
what can you do except type on nairaland?
Tell me!
Can you design the tunnel ventilations system that uses thermodynamics?

Do you know the normal , emergency and master operations of trains?

So you know how the dampers and louvres are regulated with the PLC for each shaft, station?

Let’s talk about the mechanical, electrical and etc.

So Mr. Graduate, what would you do except insult people on nairaland and make noise about your tribe.

14 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Kasdat5(m): 8:43pm On Apr 05
Penguin2:
If you like, turn Abuja to Dubai, whenever you hold election, they will still vote Peter Obi.

Ndi ala😏

Last year
Yes !!
Doubt if he'd get same popularity , even the LP FCT senator is no where to be found .

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) / Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front / Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.