Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use (25260 Views)

Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) / Flood: Lagos Orders Residents Of Alagbole, Meiran, Kara, Others To Relocate / How Amosun Left Roads In Akute-Alagbole-Ajuwon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by uzochi2: 11:55am On Nov 13, 2018
nice one at list this will help to improve the life of the local people.

Are you thinking of buying your next or first house in an urbane area with modern infrastructure and sharp communal development. I present to you a 4bedrooms detached duplex at brooks estate magodo

Price: N75million.

For Enquiries & Inspection: 07058881757 07014498046 Christopher's properties

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by samlake(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2018
We celebrate basic amenities in Nigeria.
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Afonja007: 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2018
I hope is not Somalia or Yemen am seeing what type environment is this ?
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by daveP(m): 12:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
No one is asking why it was abandoned.

Why was it abandoned?
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by uuzba(m): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
Mekanus:
This country sef
And you are here? See all these things happening and you are just here like that? Was strong with you?
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by humberjade: 12:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
k
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by 1miccza: 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2018
SEGLIZ:

I'm not saying the present administration in Ogun State is a saint but truth be said he has tried. I would know the reason he is lagging on this particular road project but come to see other part of the state he has proven his worth. I only wish every governor can work the way he has done Nigeria would be better for it. not ruling out his negativity he has his flaws but truth he has tried.

Bros just check out the state of Sango, Ota and other areas, he ain't getting no commendation from me..

1 Like

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by sam2kenny: 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2018
Just a pity the masses will still run after them when they come to campaign. We are suppose to stone them. Thunder that will fire all of them dey gym. Wicked people
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by humberjade: 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2018
daveP:
No one is asking why it was abandoned.

Why was it abandoned?

Maybe, i repeat, maybe because d road is a Fed road...d State govt started it and waited endlessly for d Fed to refund d money spent already and
then help complete it...d FG owes Ogun over 100b in that regard as we speak.
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by humberjade: 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2018
1miccza:

Bros just check out the state of Sango, Ota and other areas, he ain't getting no commendation from me..

Those roads are Fed roads...if u see d State's machinery working on them at a time, they are palliative measures to relief d citizens.
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by Ayobami7(m): 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
This is my Comment
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by litaninja(m): 1:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ogun state...dead.
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by pally123: 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2018
thesicilian:
8yrs for one lane of a flyover.
Only that? Make them come tell you the cost, you go craze be that

1 Like

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by benmide(m): 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
One lane tun ni after forever!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by daveP(m): 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
humberjade:

Maybe, i repeat, maybe because d road is a Fed road...d State govt started it and waited endlessly for d Fed to refund d money spent already and
then help complete it...d FG owes Ogun over 100b in that regard as we speak.

So continuity of Government is practically zero in Nigeria. cos I've not seem a case where the new governor just keeps mute and completes project the last administration carried out. they must shout and rant and the cycle continues for the next governor. The place continuity is sustained, Lagos, us now a dynasty of one man. SMH.

All these refunding and granting sef don taya person.
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by precious1967(m): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
well done Governor Amosun

1 Like

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by humberjade: 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2018
daveP:

So continuity of Government is practically zero in Nigeria. cos I've not seem a case where the new governor just keeps mute and completes project the last administration carried out. they must shout and rant and the cycle continues for the next governor. The place continuity is sustained, Lagos, us now a dynasty of one man. SMH.

All these refunding and granting sef don taya person.

I think d best way out of this road palava is for d FG to release Fed roads that run within a State to State govts...release more Fed allocation to States to cater for that and stick with major highways...because considering d budget padding, politics and lack of sound representation on d part of our Senators and Rep members at d National Assembly, it will be difficult for these projects to be included in d budget...and without them bn injected into d budget, money can't be released for them.

And i agree with u, there should be continuity in govt; it should run on autopilot like d American govt works...irrespective of what his going on in d White House (change of persons or party in power...during electioneering period), governance continues with career officers (civil servants) without any hitch...but in Nigeria, a year to election governance suffers a great deal...and even if we leave governance to our Civil Servants to run during dis transition period, they will bastardise it and steal through their nose...d truth is that, most Nigerians are covetous...and until we change our attitude as a people, we won't move forward.

One other thing i noticed is that people don't seem to appreciate people who embrace continuity in governance...take Buhari as an example, most of d projects he's doing were abandoned or started by d previous administration(s)...but when he completed some, some people say it is GEJ projects-dat he should do his own...very shallow sense of reasoning.

There are so many ills in this country...until we have a committed and patriotic set of leaders in power all at once...i don't think any real positive change will happen in Nigeria...maybe a well coordinated revolution sha
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by daveP(m): 3:12pm On Nov 13, 2018
humberjade:

I think d best way out of this road palava is for d FG to release Fed roads that run within a State to State govts...release more Fed allocation to States to cater for that and stick with major highways...because considering d budget padding, politics and lack of sound representation on d part of our Senators and Rep members at d National Assembly, it will be difficult for these projects to be included in d budget...and without them bn injected into d budget, money can't be released for them.

And i agree with u, there should be continuity in govt; it should run on autopilot like d American govt works...irrespective of what his going on in d White House (change of persons or party in power...during electioneering period), governance continues with career officers (civil servants) without any hitch...but in Nigeria, a year to election governance suffers a great deal...and even if we leave governance to our Civil Servants to run during dis transition period, they will bastardise it and steal through their nose...d truth is that, most Nigerians are covetous...and until we change our attitude as a people, we won't move forward.

One other thing i noticed is that people don't seem to appreciate people who embrace continuity in governance...take Buhari as an example, most of d projects he's doing were abandoned or started by d previous administration(s)...but when he completed some, some people say it is GEJ projects-dat he should do his own...very shallow sense of reasoning.

There are so many ills in this country...until we have a committed and patriotic set of leaders in power all at once...i don't think any real positive change will happen in Nigeria...maybe a well coordinated revolution sha

How hate the sound of that word "Federal Road" it irks me. still don't know what it means. (I know but it's dumb to me)

Well let's hope for the best so this menace ends fast.

I weep everytime I pass Sango every 2years. Same old same old. dunno which curse delays that road.

1 Like

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by humberjade: 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2018
daveP:
How hate the sound of that word "Federal Road" it irks me. still don't know what it means. (I know but it's dumb to me)

Well let's hope for the best so this menace ends fast.

I weep everytime I pass Sango every 2years. Same old same old. dunno which curse delays that road.

I feel ur pain bro...some roads just seem cursed...especially that Agbara road that generates hugely to d State's IGR... but it is so unfortunate that a State govt dare not touch a Fed road without her consent...i even heard d companies along that axis said they would fix d road and then have a tax relief in return, but d gesture was turned down...maybe d Fed didn't buy into d idea or Amosun didn't...i don't know.

I just pray whoever takes over from Amosun thinks infrastructural investments and fix these cursed road with or without d Fed approval...if they like, let them concession d roads to reliable companies to fix....d concession could be for ten years-d company can then recoup its investment by toll-gating d roads....during this period, it will be d sole responsibility of d company to ensure d maintenance of d road...i believe people will be willing to pay for what they enjoy.

1 Like

Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by YorubaAssasin: 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
SEGLIZ:

I'm not saying the present administration in Ogun State is a saint but truth be said he has tried. I would know the reason he is lagging on this particular road project but come to see other part of the state he has proven his worth. I only wish every governor can work the way he has done Nigeria would be better for it. not ruling out his negativity he has his flaws but truth he has tried.

Mediocrity mentality!
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by 1miccza: 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2018
humberjade:

Those roads are Fed roads...if u see d State's machinery working on them at a time, they are palliative measures to relief d citizens.

wrong bro they aren't even on the list of federal roads, even if they are the Governor is supposed to move to ensure that it's taken care of, a large part of Ogun state is riddled with very huge pot holes right now..
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by SEGLIZ: 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Mediocrity mentality!

you can as well pass by, if there is nothing reasonable for an argument from you than go around passing insult without making a point.
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by YorubaAssasin: 6:53pm On Nov 13, 2018
SEGLIZ:

you can as well pass by, if there is nothing reasonable for an argument from you than go around passing insult without making a point.

How's that an insult? I'm so confused here, abeg
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by humberjade: 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2018
1miccza:

wrong bro they aren't even on the list of federal roads, even if they are the Governor is supposed to move to ensure that it's taken care of, a large part of Ogun state is riddled with very huge pot holes right now..

The complains must have reached him, hence, d release of 12B by Amosun to contractors yesterday to return to various road construction sites...hopefully d said road will be affected...but if d said road is a Fed road, i don't see much bn done on it...because Amosun said while addressing d press in company of d Chairman Senate committee on Works that he should please ensure that at least half of d over 100b d FG is owing Ogun from d Fed roads constructed and those under construction is included in d 2019 budget so that more roads can be touched and those under construction completed.

I just hope dat d road projects in view cut across d State...cars are just getting spoilt anyhow.
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by 1miccza: 9:17am On Nov 14, 2018
humberjade:

The complains must have reached him, hence, d release of 12B by Amosun to contractors yesterday to return to various road construction sites...hopefully d said road will be affected...but if d said road is a Fed road, i don't see much bn done on it...because Amosun said while addressing d press in company of d Chairman Senate committee on Works that he should please ensure that at least half of d over 100b d FG is owing Ogun from d Fed roads constructed and those under construction is included in d 2019 budget so that more roads can be touched and those under construction completed.

I just hope dat d road projects in view cut across d State...cars are just getting spoilt anyhow.

It's really a pathetic sight, i still don't know why a leader that claims to have the love of his people will wait this long before trying to do something..
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by humberjade: 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2018
1miccza:

It's really a pathetic sight, i still don't know why a leader that claims to have the love of his people will wait this long before trying to do something..

I don't really know why they wait until late in a political to term to fix roads-they wait until these roads are almost impassable b4 they attend to them...but i think there are so many roads that needs attention across d State, and in Nigeria, our govt doesn't fix roads during d raining season and our roads take a turn or d worse (worst) during dis period...u need to visit towns in d Yewa axis of d State...most of d roads there has bn impassable for close to 25yrs...people there use Okada to move from town to town in most places.

I think something is just wrong with d political class as a whole and even d electorate in Nigeria that needs quick fixing... because left to me, i think they have this impression that voters forget what they do at d beginning of an administration but still have in mind what they are able to achieve at d tail-end of it while going to d polls...dat's d only reason that crossed my mind....i might be wrong though
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by 1miccza: 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2018
humberjade:

I don't really know why they wait until late in a political to term to fix roads-they wait until these roads are almost impassable b4 they attend to them...but i think there are so many roads that needs attention across d State, and in Nigeria, our govt doesn't fix roads during d raining season and our roads take a turn or d worse (worst) during dis period...u need to visit towns in d Yewa axis of d State...most of d roads there has bn impassable for close to 25yrs...people there use Okada to move from town to town in most places.

I think something is just wrong with d political class as a whole and even d electorate in Nigeria that needs quick fixing... because left to me, i think they have this impression that voters forget what they do at d beginning of an administration but still have in mind what they are able to achieve at d tail-end of it while going to d polls...dat's d only reason that crossed my mind....i might be wrong though

No you are not, it's all a ploy to conveniently make money before executing any project and it's quite insane honestly..
Re: One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use by humberjade: 8:41pm On Nov 14, 2018
1miccza:

No you are not, it's all a ploy to conveniently make money before executing any project and it's quite insane honestly..

I knw we will eventually get it right one day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Says He Was Deported From Pakistan Because He Is Igbo (Video) / Secondary School Girl In Anambra Crushed By A Bus On Her Way To School (Graphic) / Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.