Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs (5312 Views)

National Assembly Begins Induction For Senators, Members-elect Next Month / Ganduje Bribe Videos: Impeachment Looms As Kano Assembly Begins Probe / Cattle Ranches: Imo House Of Assembly Begins Debate On Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by mrakeli62: 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2018
In discharge of its oversight functions and to rid Ekiti State of corruption, the state House of Assembly has begun the probe of the finances of the 16 local government chairmen under the administration of the former governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose.

The council bosses are still on seat under Governor Kayode Fayemi owing to the fact that their two years’ tenure has not lapsed having
been elected on December 19, 2017.

Speaking with journalists at the premises of the House on Tuesday, the Leader of Business, Hon. Gboyega Aribisogan, said the House must
look into the financial books of the councils to prevent embezzlement of public funds.

He stated that the programme would require rendering of accounts of stewardships by the council bosses to know how well they have impacted positively on the populace.

Aribisogan, representing Ikole constituency I, said the House took the action to also ensure that the lean resources at the third tier of
government is not misappropriated.

However, the All Progressives Congress (APC) lawmaker assured the journalists that any
corrupt council boss won’t be spared by the Assembly, saying such will be handed over to the anti-graft agencies for proper action.

Aribisogan stated that it would be a great disservice as representatives of the people to allow council bosses to mismanage public funds without proper action taken to ensure probity and
transparency in the system.

He said part of their statutory duties is to exercise oversight functions on the house, particularly in the area of prudent management of public funds.

“This probe is a routine work being carried out by the Assembly to ensure that our people, those who elected us get values for their money.

“You know the local governments are the closest to the grassroots and we must not shy away from taking those actions that will ensure that
the government’s developmental programmes get to the downtrodden masses.

“This can’t happen when the House is not alive to its responsibilities of playing oversight actions to serve as checks and balances on the council bosses.

“This should not be misinterpreted to mean a witch-hunting of the past government but was done to make political office holders alive to
their responsibilities to the people in terms of finances.

“But we are going to make our findings public and whoever found to have mismanaged public funds will be handed over to the appropriate
authorities for action,” he said.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/11/ekiti-assembly-begins-probe-of-lgs.html

Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by SolutionMee: 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2018
cheesy
Fayemi and misplaced priority are like Buhari and Chinese loans.
Buhari that has been fighting corruption since 2015, what has he achieved? Has it done the common man any good? To what betterment is it to the nation.
Though it's good to becall the status quo but I was expecting him to make new policies that will grow and positively affect their economy, attract local & foreign investors which will eventually change the underbuilding of the state.
It is so unfortunate that his vision is beclouded and focused on the past. It's now clear even to the blind that him (Fayemi) is politically unfit and hence, cannot take the great people of Ekiti State to the future he promised.
Leaders of the past.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Sirheny007(m): 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
“This should not be misinterpreted to mean a witch-hunting of the past government but was done to make political office holders alive to
their responsibilities to the people in terms of finances.
“But we are going to make our findings public and whoever found to have mismanaged public funds will be handed over to the appropriate
authorities for action,”

I'm so embittered by the corruption in Nigeria that i dont know whether to call this a witch hunt or an actual probe.
The 'Prober' is corrupt
The 'probee' is even more corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Joevics(m): 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
This one has started his own.
Instead of him to focus on delivering good goverance to the people Ekiti, he's started chasing shadows just like Buhari.

All the governors that probed their predecessors, what came out of it?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Moreoffaith(m): 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
When will Lagos State probe my useless LCDA chairman, Ayobo ipaja LCDA chairman Shakiru Yusuf..

When you go to other LCDA around him you will surely know this guy isn't worth it.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by ipobarethieves: 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
sad undecidedThieves.Why una nor probe LGs when d renowned ponmo cutter,beans eater dey there?Fayemi shud probe d house of assembly too
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by ipobarethieves: 1:59pm On Nov 13, 2018
sad undecided
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by adesinaadesida0: 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2018
It's about that time!
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Bustincole(m): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2018
grin shocked cool
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by gen2briz(m): 2:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ok
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Meren1: 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ok
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by paymentvoucher: 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
grin
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
Fayemi on "a vendetta" in Ekiti.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Originality007: 2:35pm On Nov 13, 2018
Moreoffaith:
When will Lagos State probe my useless LCDA chairman, Ayobo ipaja LCDA chairman Shakiru Yusuf..

When you go to other LCDA around him you will surely know this guy isn't worth it.

when u guys stop Tinubu from picking governors and leaders for u

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Wonderlabius: 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
Good one.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by precious1967(m): 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
Adie nje ifun ara won
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Modphase: 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Buhari that has been fighting corruption since 2015, what has he achieved? Has it done the common man any good? To what betterment is it to the nation.
Though it's good to becall the status quo but I was expecting him to make new policies that will grow and positively affect their economy, attract local & foreign investors which will eventually change the underbuilding of the state.
It is so unfortunate that his vision is beclouded and focused on the past. It's now clear even to the blind that him (Fayemi) is politically unfit and hence, cannot take the great people of Ekiti State to the future he promised.
Leaders of the past.
. Will you keep your God forsaken dirty stinking mouth shut. So probing how money is expanded is not a calamity on your Igbotic bigoted head.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by cooldipo(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2018
Laughable!

Everything happened under your watch.... Did the new Oga influence your decision cos it seems shocked
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Moreoffaith(m): 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
Originality007:

when u guys stop Tinubu from picking governors and leaders for u

Thank you sir! We will do something about that.

If I may ask sir, which state are you from?

I am so sure this LCDA I am talking about is far better than your state.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Originality007: 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
Moreoffaith:

Thank you sir! We will do something about that.

If I may ask sir, which state are you from?

I am so sure this LCDA I am talking about is far better than your state.

i live and work in lagos, but am from Akure.. anything?
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Moreoffaith(m): 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
Originality007:

i live and work in lagos, but am from Akure.. anything?

You also can contribute to that since you live in Lagos

Get your PVC and vote out Tinubu candidate

We all can do this as a team, you eligible to vote anywhere you are in Nigeria so do the needful my brother.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Originality007: 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2018
Moreoffaith:

You also can contribute to that since you live in Lagos

Get your PVC and vote out Tinubu candidate

We all can do this as a team, you eligible to vote anywhere you are in Nigeria so do the needful my brother.

that is one thing in my agenda next yr.... lagos needs to be free
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Moreoffaith(m): 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
Originality007:

May God bless us all and free us from all this wolf's.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Moreoffaith(m): 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
Originality007:

Good one, may God bless us and free us from this wolfs.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Gavel(m): 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Fayemi on "a vendetta" in Ekiti.
It says the probe is by the State Assembly, not the Governor.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Leaders of the past.
Is it Fayemi that is probing or the house of assembly?
I hope u know that the executive which is d governor is different from the HOA?
I hope u know that PDP has majority in the HOA?
Don't allow hatred for someone take away your sense of reasoning brother.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by davodyguy: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Leaders of the past.
Mumu's talk
Fayemi is an Executive, the Legislature is the one probing, not Fayemi. The Ekiti HOA is made up of more than 60% PDP members
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by edupedia: 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Leaders of the past.

...all these fake write-ups will not help your thief into Aso Rock....u are just wasting your time...
Re: Ekiti Assembly Begins Probe Of Lgs by lukency(m): 10:12am On Nov 14, 2018
Why now? Useless assembly.

(1) (Reply)

UK Private Visit: It Is Absolutely Shameful And Disgusting. Buhari Cries Out / IPOB Release Pic of Asari & IPOB Meeting In His Cotonou's House After He Denied / Between Goodluck Jonathan And Buhari Decoration Of Service Chiefs - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.