Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Here's Why We Love Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here's Why We Love Ribadu (1210 Views)

PHOTOS-PDP'S Likely 2019 Pairing, Ribadu-Peter Obi At Thisday Event / PDP Behind Suicide Bombings In Nigeria – Ribadu / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's Why We Love Ribadu by wesley80(m): 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2010
You’ve got to love the mallam for something even if you find yourself a “Ribadu Hater” as so many have come to be these days. Came across this interview with “THE NEWS” 21st  June 2010… and  I couldn’t help but laugh at his opinion of Dubai and feel sorry for an entire country that could only sit and watch as her only Son that has proven his integrity  was kicked and ridiculed by political mercenaries.
You can hate the mallam all you like but people like me just can’t stop loving him and believe He has already charted his course in life which definitely is upwards!
Here are excerpts. I don’t have an online link so don’t ask for one.

THE NEWS: The other leg of the question I said I was going to ask is the one about house or houses in Dubai. Because very recently, there was an interview Mrs. Farida granted TheNation in which she was hinting that well, some people are so clever, they could manage to hide houses somewhere, probably bought in somebody’s name and all that. And Aondakaa also hinted at that before.
Let us know the real situation. Do you or did you own houses in Dubai?

RIBADU:  Well, what is special about houses in Dubai? Why didn’t you ask that did you own UBA or maybe Skye Bank? Why are you particular about houses in Dubai, what is the big deal about Dubai? For God’s sake, it’s the greatest insult for anybody to say I own a house in bloody, F#*king Dubai! If you give me the entire Dubai, I don’t want it, not to talk of a silly house in Dubai. Why didn’t you even say Guaranty Trust Bank? Nonsense. I mean, how silly can people be.
And then they get away with it, with people even giving them newspaper pages for them to write this rubbish? If or assuming that is true, you think I will be sitting here? Even if I used God’s name they would get it. You forget what these guys did to me? Now they talk of hiding a house?
It’s silly. Idiots! This is somebody who was given $15million in cash. How much is a house in Dubai worth for God’s sake? If I could take that money to Central Bank and then register it and use it as an evidence to prosecute an individual, for God’s sake I deserve far more respect than that. What am I going to do with the house, what is the house worth? And then you talk about Dubai of all places, Dubai? Haba , give me respect for God’s sake.

THE NEWS: If you run into Mike Aondoakaa and Okiro, will you shake hands with them?
Why not? I have no problem whatsoever. I have never taken it personal. I think they are just people who somehow never got it right. Who abused their office and misused their authority. I would rather move on. Afterall , where are they today?. Where are they? All of them. Why should I feel angry?

THE NEWSThey got you out of the police at a time you were not ready?

Ribadu: That’s it. It’s so sad. But then some others were even killed. Some people lost their lives, not just even losing their jobs.

Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2010
ribadu is a good man, but he made mistakes just like others he was running after during his time as efcc chairman. instead of feeling too big or too drunk on power, he could have just simply followed the rules.
promulgate your assets before and after. it is a very simple rule.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by wesley80(m): 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2010
cre8tivity:

ribadu is a good man, but he made mistakes just like others he was running after during his time as efcc chairman. instead of feeling too big or too drunk on power, he could have just simply followed the rules.
promulgate your assets before and after. it is a very simple rule.

Now You're going to make me type out the entire interview lol. Here's a little more excerpt. I'm quoting Ribadu in the same interview

"how could I possibly get into work as Chairman of EFCC without declaring my assets? How? It's not possible because the law says for you to be cleared at the senate, you must declare your asset. It was done. secondly, the very week i left NIPSS, I collected the forms and so on."
If I may ask, how far can you keep the rules when every other person is breaking it?
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by rethink: 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2010
@wesley

please type out the whole thing.

Ah God thank you for a man like Ribadu. I am no where near his shoe and am not fit to be a Nigeria now but soon,
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by wesley80(m): 7:31pm On Jul 23, 2010
rethink:

@wesley

please type out the whole thing.

Ah God thank you for a man like Ribadu. I am no where near his shoe and am not fit to be a Nigeria now but soon,

[b]U try well well, no be only type out the whole thing!

The simple truth is that the man was turned inside out in search of a stain but they simply could not find any!, So they simply settled for non declaration of assets considering the ease with which files and records in their care could get missing without anyone noticing.Afterall no one noticed when he declared them in the first place simply because no one cared cos it never really made any difference!
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by rethink: 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2010
ok ok where did you get the news from i have googled no way it is not just coming up
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by wesley80(m): 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2010
rethink:

ok ok where did you get the news from i have googled no way it is not just coming up

Really wish I could but typing just isnt my thing.

THE NEWS of 21st June 2010. Its out of the stands now so I dont how u'll find it but goodluck anyway and if you eventually get it, You wont regret your effort. Its a collectors item!

Wld have scanned the front page but my scanner is having non of it.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by Fhemmmy: 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2010
The guy is a good politician . . . . He answer questions well and his control of situation is good
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by DaddyO(m): 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2010
Here is a good man. Complete opposite to Aondoakaa, Ibori and all the other criminals that went after him.

May their lot rot in hell.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by monkeyleg: 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2010
But some on this forum have often questioned his integrity, and gone as far as accussing him of corruption. We must all try and learn to see good in people, even if it seems like our entire country is swimming in filth. There are a few good men and women left, and we must build on that
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 23, 2010
Fhemmmy:

The guy is a good politician . . . . He answer questions well and his control of situation is good

He obviously has nothing to hide, hence no tortuous answers. He is a rare breed in a country with extremely greedy and selfish politicians.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by rethink: 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2010
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2010
of course, it is easy to answer questions from a selected reporter from whole bunch of them out there trying to get the same opportunity. the easiest thing to do is answering questions that were submitted to you a week before the actual interview. it is foolis h for anyone to praise ribadu just because he's answering questions in his office or house, i mean, what else do you expect? ibb or obasojo could have simply done the same or even better. what ribadu should have done was to answer these questions in the court of law, when he was invited up to 5 times, just like any other nigerian citizen. people would have been more impressed by his action in the court of law not in his office or living room. if we continue to praise people over doing their job or doing what they suppose to do, nigeria as a country will not go anywhere. this is more or less like praising a father for providing food for his 2 month old baby; for god sake this happens to be his responsibility. people like ribadu will not get a minute of air time in united states.
and by the way, ribadu is still a good man, but he failed; telling all these stories will not change the fact. ribadu is not late sarowiwa or late gani f., do not get thing twisted. it this time for everyone of us to clearly understand the roles of a leader and stop foo ling ourselve with these bunch of half baked leaders we have in this country.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 23, 2010
cre8tivity:

of course, it is easy to answer questions from a selected reporter from whole bunch of them out there trying to get the same opportunity. the easiest thing to do is answering questions that were submitted to you a week before the actual interview.

This suggests you were privy to how the interview was arranged and conducted. Were you?

cre8tivity:

what ribadu should have done was to answer these questions in the court of law, when he was invited up to 5 times, just like any other nigerian citizen.

One who comes to equity must do so with clean hands. Thanks to hindsight, we now know the people who wanted him prosecuted were worse than him.

cre8tivity:

people like ribadu will not get a minute of air time in united states.

That is not true, he got plenty of air time, not only in the U.S but also Canada and U.K
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 12:43am On Jul 24, 2010
Aigbofa: rule is rule, it is now up to you to obey the rule.
yes, he got air time in usa and uk only to make foo l of himself and his fellow citizens.
yes, i happen to know a lot on how this interviews are conducted.
nigeria will become a better country as soon as we quit quickly settling for nothing. again, ribadu is a good man, no doubt about it. but i see no big deal and definitely learn nothing new from this interview. do not allow the defective system of nigeria to further lower your mentality level, let us grow and learn more about the roles of a leader before coming out publicly to praise anybody.
personally, i expected more from ribadu, he let us down.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 24, 2010
cre8tivity:

Aigbofa: rule is rule, it is now up to you to obey the rule.
yes, he got air time in usa and uk only to make foo l of himself and his fellow citizens.
yes, i happen to know a lot on how this interviews are conducted.
nigeria will become a better country as soon as we quit quickly settling for nothing. again, ribadu is a good man, no doubt about it. but i see no big deal and definitely learn nothing new from this interview. do not allow the defective system of nigeria to further lower your mentality level, let us grow and learn more about the roles of a leader before coming out publicly to praise anybody.
personally, i expected more from ribadu, he let us down.

I don't know how much you know about Ribadu, but to be honest with you, going by the little I know, he is far more credible than most politicians in Nigeria. You can't but have some respect for him.

Most politicians in Nigeria would sell the country if the price is right. Somebody like Ribadu is bound to have some powerful enemies in Nigeria, so I don't really blame him for not being too eager to return to Nigeria.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 2:05am On Jul 24, 2010
sweetheart:
even though, yes, i do know a lot about ribadu; probably much more than you do. but to be honest, i need not to know anything about this man to understand what to expect from a leader. he did his thing, but not enough to make him a leader or to make me fall off my chair.
just remember that he isn't a politician, he wasn't elected, he was selected and may be that was why he was very selective doing his job. again, it is ok to have respect for ribadu, he's a good man, but do not let us get carried away, i see nothing special in doing what your job description says.
let us stop foo ling ourselves and raise up our expection. this is the only way we'll witness great leaders in nigeria.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by Nobody: 2:33am On Jul 24, 2010
cre8tivity:

sweetheart:
even though, yes, i do know a lot about ribadu; probably much more than you do. but to be honest, i need not to know anything about this man to understand what to expect from a leader. he did his thing, but not enough to make him a leader or to make me fall off my chair.
just remember that he isn't a politician, he wasn't elected, [b]he was selected and may be that was why he was very selective doing his job. again, it is ok to have respect for ribadu, he's a good man, but do not let us get carried away, i see nothing special in doing what your job description says.[/b]let us stop foo ling ourselves and raise up our expection. this is the only way we'll witness great leaders in nigeria.

No, No, No, I don't agree with the bolded part. I don't think he was selective at all.  Nigeria is so messed up, it will take Jesus Christ himself  to make it right. Ribadu was swimming against a powerful tide that would easily swallow a less resolute man.

How much can a single person do, when almost everyone around him is a criminal? 

Put yourself in his shoes for a second, I'm sure many Nigerians would not even want to be in his shoes. How many thieves can you pursue at a time, when there are just too many of them!!! And very powerful ones o! Not garden-variety o!!!
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 3:18am On Jul 24, 2010
sweetheart:
go to bed i think you're tired
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by Nobody: 4:18am On Jul 24, 2010
cre8tivity:

sweetheart:
go to bed i think you're tired

grin grin grin grin grin grin I'll do just that and I'll take that as "You won". Sleep tight.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by tpiah: 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
rethink:

butt kissing retard

at least you know your low self-worth
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by wesley80(m): 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2012
Once a good man, always a good man. Welcome back Mallam.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by Beaf: 10:07pm On Feb 08, 2012
I'll go with Wesley80 and Aigbofa here. I've always been cautious about Ribadu, but the fact that he means well cannot be hidden. He is just a good person that must play a couple of games to survive in shark infested waters.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by Rhino4dm: 10:34pm On Feb 08, 2012
^
Ofcourse you would sanctify him, since he is now aboard the ill-flated GEJ flight. It wont take long the plane will crash and i pray there shouldn't be any survivor.

@Weslay80
can you please ask Ribadu whether OBJ is corrupt or not? If his answer if NO, then put a bullet hole through his head. Thank you.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by wesley80(m): 11:17pm On Feb 08, 2012
^^^ Corruption is relative. You cannot compare an Obj-style corruption where he armtwists folks to give generously to his 'cause', uses his political power to 'indirectly' expand his economic influence and grants economic favors to folks that are in his good book to an Abacha/Ibori-style corruption where their calling seemed to be active looting and little else or even a Tinubu/Fashola-styled corruption where they've subverted the system for personal gain and still manage to stare citizens in the face and say 'And so What?'. Yes corruption is corruption but the aforementioned people all belong to different classes. No? In any case, Obj being corrupt does not put a dent on Ribadu. The man came out with totally clean hands whether or not he went after those Obj wanted.
Re: Here's Why We Love Ribadu by wesley80(m): 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2016
Bumped in honour of the returning honourable mallam.

(1) (Reply)

Somebody Wake This Man Up / National Assembly Doubles Its Budget Allocation / *

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.