Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,605 members, 7,861,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:37 PM

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... (92440 Views)

I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Mrbigman1(m): 5:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
erico2k2:

why?

If u use Lagos airport and use other airports around the world you will never come back.

I went to Istanbul for my Xmas holidays guess what?
I was never searched. On returning to Berlin, guess
What? I was never searched. But when I traveled through Lagos, I was searched 8 times like a core criminal yet I settled till I boarded. Even in the toilet the old women were begging.

Shame catch me Enter toe

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by busterr(m): 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2018
ferhyntorlah:

Young man,
I didn't mention your moniker.

Calm down ma. grin
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by wayodude(m): 5:40pm On Dec 31, 2018
nijabazaar:
I will give a kidney to leave this Country....

Op dont ever come back.

Nigeria is not worth it esp in this regime.

Troublemaker , dont ever come back to this country. God has paved a way for you. Dont come back....ever

This guy vex o cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by cuba62(m): 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
Nice thread OP, really enjoyed it. Wish you the very best in life.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Ishilove: 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2018
Dralin:

means #mercy ur #bae de plan #coup for u!

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by mechanics(m): 5:49pm On Dec 31, 2018
fecta:

Please don't go now ooo
We need all hands on deck to vote out buhari...
hahahahaha, very funny.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Beautyaddy: 5:50pm On Dec 31, 2018
nijabazaar:

Op dont ever come back.

Troublemaker , dont ever come back to this country. God has paved a way for you. Dont come back....ever

Interesting! Don't we see how one man's poison can be another man's food?

I know quite a number of family members and friends that will tell you that there's absolutely nothing that can make them reside outside Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Preshob(m): 5:55pm On Dec 31, 2018
following!! . I'll definitely leave this shithole someday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
I am enjoying your thread and I don't want to derail but I want to say this: there is no need to apologize for your convictions. Anyone who disagrees will have to tell you why instead of trying to emotionally blackmail you into apologizing. And I agree to a large extent with those points especially number three. The fact that most people want to run away from the continent speaks volumes.
QED.

He is diplomatic and should remain so if he wants to make it to Forbes list
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Ranchhoddas: 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hipsofagoddess:

He is diplomatic and should remain so if he wants to make it to Forbes list
Ever heard of Donald Trump?
Elon Musk?
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Ever heard of Donald Trump?
Elon Musk?

Yes, and they choose their battles wisely.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Ranchhoddas: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hipsofagoddess:

Yes, and they choose their battles wisely.
I no get strength for argument. I'll let this slide.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Asquare84(m): 7:48pm On Dec 31, 2018
TroublemakerPro:

People here no dey fence their buildings against thief ne

2 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by lacapine: 7:50pm On Dec 31, 2018
Chichaope:
Nice thread you've got here mate, wanted to start a thread on my sojourn here in germany but i might not be able to post regularly.School and work won't make me updatoe regularly
please start na. Most of us want to run out of this country and don't know where to go exactly. Your updates can help us decide too. Thanks.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by NiggasInParis: 8:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
Just came on, to see that the thread has made FP. Cool!
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by chic2pimp(m): 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2018
TroublemakerPro:
Please is there anyone here in UK college, I need help ooooo

Rahhhh we talking 10 years ago now. I don't know if things have changed in that time but If I were to hazard a guess, i'd say little has changed(Ibkaaye is a year or two younger than I am, She'd be able to shed a more accurate light on this). Also seeing that the school term has already started, once again I'm guessing you are planning to start next year right? If so, i'd start by visiting as many Schools in your Borough as possible. Not only does it give you a rough idea of the school you are looking to get into, you can also take that opportunity to get the College's Prospectus and Appplication Form. Also look at it's latest Ofsted reports. It helps differentiate the Good ones from the Not so good ones.

Regarding whether your accent will change or not, that would largely depend on your surroundings(if you interact only with Nigerians, at your age I doubt it will change) and also you making a contrived effort to change it. One of my tighest friends in Year 10 had quite a thick Ghanaian accent but today His accent is as british as they come

Good Luck Bro.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2018
klexycole:
This is gonna be interesting. Subscribed!

Hadampson our German Teacher, I troway salute o. grin
me too I am here in Munich city of Liam no shaken

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by ibkayee(f): 8:49pm On Dec 31, 2018
Chic2pimp

grin

TroublemakerPro:
I suppose to be asleep but I can't sleep am so excited..

And please I have questions for those that are in the UK.
1. I'll be starting college as soon as I get there so how hard would it be for me to blend in.

2. I really love my Nigerian accent and I dont want to change like my parents, is this possible?

3. How cold is it because the coat wey dey here no be small oooo
1. Depends on the borough, type of college, ratio of minority to non minority (particularly black). Although you’re entering college/sixth form and people tend to be a bit more open minded/mature by then compared to primary and secondary school, you should be ok but genuinely can’t give a definite answer without a bit more information

2. Depends on you, by age 18 I doubt you’ll lose it entirely, you may develop a twang though. I know people who came at your age and completely lost their accent and I also know people who didn’t. I can always tell who’s putting it on lol so it’s good that you want to remain authentic smiley

3. Depends on the season but you’ll likely find it cold for most so get a lot of adequate clothing to shield yourself from it and if you don’t find it that cold you can always just not wear it smiley

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 31, 2018
TroublemakerPro:
I suppose to be asleep but I can't sleep am so excited..

And please I have questions for those that are in the UK.
1. I'll be starting college as soon as I get there so how hard would it be for me to blend in.

2. I really love my Nigerian accent and I dont want to change like my parents, is this possible?

3. How cold is it because the coat wey dey here no be small oooo

1) Easy peasy man. London is just like NY, very very multiracial. You would find your level, whichever one you want. If na bad gang, them dey. Good fellas, them dey. Naija clique wey don open eye, naija clique wey be street boys, naija clique who remember their morals, all of them dey. If na white nko, or Asian or Indians, all of them dey. Just like going to new school, you would get the frills, but after a week or two, you would be fine.

2) Not to worry bro, for some, a foreign accent is learned. For some, it's acquired based on exposure, for some, it's forced in. I have been here long enough but when I want to relate with peeps back home, my pidgin is flawless. And if I wanna relate with folks here, my cockney is orgasmic.

3) London is not cold. I look at people like when they say London is cold. Temp can dip to 3deg, actually it's presently hovering at 8deg but it's nothing compared to the north where its literally freezing.
You would be fine broh.

Anyhow e be, exploring and re-exploring London is always a fav past time for me. We can go to lotsa places of interest if you like, share a drink or go see a match.

Cheers mate.

7 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by chic2pimp(m): 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2018
ibkayee:
Chic2pimp

grin

1. Depends on the borough, type of college, ratio of minority to non minority (particularly black). Although you’re entering college/sixth form and people tend to be a bit more open minded/mature by then compared to primary and secondary school, you should be ok but genuinely can’t give a definite answer without a bit more information

2. Depends on you, by age 18 I doubt you’ll lose it entirely, you may develop a twang though. I know people who came at your age and completely lost their accent and I also know people who didn’t. I can always tell who’s putting it on lol so it’s good that you want to remain authentic smiley

3. Depends on the season but you’ll likely find it cold for most so get a lot of adequate clothing to shield yourself from it and if you don’t find it that cold you can always just not wear it smiley

Yes Darling grin kiss kiss

1. It's college for Him. 6th forms usually accept only 16 year olds. It's colleges that accept the more mature ones(He is 18 years old). Blending in is entirely up to Him. A shy and reclusive person will find it harder.

2. True dat. It could go either way. However He is young enough to develop an accent without faking it. It's the older ones that tend to fake it most times(in my experience) grin

3. He'll learn with experience. A pair of gloves,wooly hat,scarf, warm socks and a thick jacket should be His priorities now.

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by immaculate1234(m): 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Your accent would change, your orientation would also change.........

Don't think it's all bird of roses, keep your head up, don't join bad gangs, avoid negative influences. If your parents reside in London experiencing knife wars, be extra careful...

If you feel lost, seek help before it's too late ........

make sure say u dey send pounds come no dull yasef
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
tizzdi:
what make u tink u have better info or advice that his parents cant give?..save it for ur own kids..itchybody

What makes you think I can't give him such advice.. Or in your myopic mind, you think your parents know it all.
Mind your fvcking business Fvck boy.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by chic2pimp(m): 9:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
chilisauce:

3) London is not cold. I look at people like when they say London is cold. Temp can dip to 3deg, actually it's presently hovering at 8deg but it's nothing compared to the north where its literally freezing.
You would be fine broh.

Nah to you it's not but to a new immigrant it's flipping cold. And Temp goes right down to the minuses at times(most especially mid jan through Feb). It's colder in the North though as you said and even colder in the Scottish highlands.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by klexycole(m): 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
wizy1989:
me too I am here in Munich city of Liam no shaken

Baba, na you be boss. Hope you are enjoying your time?

Season greetings. cheesy
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Mizwisdom(f): 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
Mrbigman1:

If u use Lagos airport and use other airports around the world you will never come back.

I went to Istanbul for my Xmas holidays guess what?
I was never searched. On returning to Berlin, guess
What? I was never searched. But when I traveled through Lagos, I was searched 8 times like a core criminal yet I settled till I boarded. Even in the toilet the old women were begging.

Shame catch me Enter toe

It's good they search, very good. I guess there's a drug alert at the moment. Some pips transiting for Xmas might be carrying.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 31, 2018
chic2pimp:

Nah to you it's not but to a new immigrant it's flipping cold. And Temp goes right down to the minuses at times(most especially mid jan through Feb). It's colder in the North though as you said and even colder in the Scottish highlands.
Yeah right, beast from the East cheesy . London is heavily populated and so quite warm. A month ago I visited Bradford at a time when London was enjoying sunshine , I suffered frost bite on arrival cos I had no gloves.
It's like ppl in Lagos complaining of harmattan cold and those up north would be like what is this one saying?

5 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Kirchhoff01(m): 9:52pm On Dec 31, 2018
nijabazaar:

Op dont ever come back.

mumu advice...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by chic2pimp(m): 11:00pm On Dec 31, 2018
chilisauce:

Yeah right, beast from the East cheesy . London is heavily populated and so quite warm. A month ago I visited Bradford at a time when London was enjoying sunshine , I suffered frost bite on arrival cos I had no gloves.
It's like ppl in Lagos complaining of harmattan cold and those up north would be like what is this one saying?

Yh that definitely takes the cake shocked. Really did not think it'll be that bad but surprise surprise it was shocked sad. Tbh it has more to do with the further up North you go, the colder it gets than just population size. But yh in comparison, London is not as Cold.

Bro only two things takes me up North. Work related events or cycle racing events. I don't bother with any other things. Btw I am keenly following your Diary. Enjoying it thus far smiley cheesy
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
chic2pimp:

Yh that definitely takes the cake shocked. Really did not think it'll be that bad but surprise surprise it was shocked sad. Tbh it has more to do with the further up North you go, the colder it gets than just population size. But yh in comparison, London is not as Cold.

Bro only two things takes me up North. Work related events or cycle racing events. I don't bother with any other things. Btw I am keenly following your Diary. Enjoying it thus far smiley cheesy

Thanks mate, appreciate.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Penboy: 11:41pm On Dec 31, 2018
Bro's... Men, thank God for your life oh. But I get one assignment for you.
Help me get info about their health system there. How easy e dey for Nigerian doctors to work there? Doctors average pay and job opportunities.
because I wan Jand after my final MB exam.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by tizzdi(m): 1:07am On Jan 01, 2019
Bidobado1:

What makes you think I can't give him such advice.. Or in your myopic mind, you think your parents know it all.
Mind your fvcking business Fvck boy.
at this ur age..lol..many are mad few are roaming

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This / Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) / Snow In Africa ! (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.