Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him (3854 Views)

Morocco Earthquake: CR7 Is Providing Shelter For Victims In His Marrakesh Hotel / It Ended In Tears - Lionel Messi Admits The Shame / Lewandowski Tops 2019 Goalscorers' List With 33 Goals, Messi Is 2nd, CR7 Is 16th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by EbukaHades10(m): 3:14am On Nov 17, 2018
zopaks:

Just google impossible goals by Messi! Watch the YouTube videos. I personally don't see him as human
As if.

Salah no score from corner? Rooney no score from middle of pitch? Zlatan's goal against England nko?

No dey talk say impossible goals like say people no dey score am.

Players dey wey beta pass Messi.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by flashlink(m): 3:37am On Nov 17, 2018
Those of you who say "remove Ronaldo's goals and he doesn't have anything" need brain surgery...
What of his assists? through balls?
He even crosses better than Messi, messi can't even cross.
What you guys are saying is that if you also remove all the goals from messi, he'll just be at most, as good as Okocha...great dribbler, no end product, that means he will be one of those forgotten dribblers that people remember once in a blue moon.
The point is, you can't take away goals from a player...analyze the player as he is...

As for me, Cristiano Ronaldo is The Greatest Of All Time...
The most complete player ever...
More than 100 goals with left, right and head, backheels, tricks and flicks, longshots, best ever off-the- ball movement, impeccable positioning,etc...

Ogbeni leave it jare...messi dey learn work...make he chop dribbling
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 4:04am On Nov 17, 2018
cr7lomo:

No messi pass the ball to himself and he also scored so you are saying it does not have teammates besides the only one 3 the first one that he won he didn't play more than 5 games and he missed from the quarterfinals to the semifinals and final
Beo thank you, I love how you presented your case. Now pleasw be truthful and Honest. Ronaldo no doubt is a good player and a great finisher, this is how he scores almost all his goals. He positions himself in the boss 18, he has very good positioning and gets the ball from his teammates and once the ball gets to him, he finishes most of his are tap-ins, he just plays it inside the net.

Messi is not like that. Messi picks the ball from midfield, does some amazing runs or 1-2. we have seen occasions were Messi picks the ball from midfield and dribbles everybody including tge goalkeeper and scores. Messi plays deeper than ronaldo and yet almost outscores him all the time, You will see a Messi in midfield, controlling play, creating chances, determing pace and breaking defences.

So I respect both players but Messi is way above ronaldo and anyone who understands football knows this.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 4:08am On Nov 17, 2018
flashlink:
Those of you who say "remove Ronaldo's goals and he doesn't have anything" need brain surgery...
What you guys are saying is that if you also remove all the goals from messi, he'll just be at most, as good as Okocha...great dribbler, no end product, that means he will be one of those forgotten dribblers that people remember once in a blue moon.
The point is, you can't take away goals from a player...analyze the player as he is...

More than 100 goals with left, right and head, backheels, tricks and flicks, longshots, best ever off-the- ball movement, impeccable positioning,etc...

Ronaldo crosses better than Messi, you joking. I am yet to see a play with a better vision than Messi.
Go and Sit down. You are a biased football fan.

1 Like

Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 4:15am On Nov 17, 2018
EbukaHades10:
All this ur grammar no go commot the fact say Ororo is the greatest player that ever lived.

U saying I should refute ur points. Ok

How will u remove Ronaldo's goal? That's what makes him Ronaldo and I'm sure u do know that there are better players than Ronaldo.

Remove Messi's goals,u say,and he's still a playmaker. The only thing differentiating Messi,Hazard,Henrik,Modric, Toni krose abi how dem dey spell his name and others is the number of goals and bcus,of course,he plays for Barcelona.
Even Jodi Alba is a better playmaker than Messi.

So,boss,remove Messi's goals and he's on the same level with the players I mentioned if not less.

My 2 cents
Rubbish..

Your ronaldo is only a good tapin goalscorer. He can't even dribble a player on the pitch. No creative sense nothing.

Messi is both a goalscorer, playmaker and a dribbler. He doesn't dribble like neymar does. He dribbles with purpose and vision. You see his dribbles in every match. Should there be a match and Messi not dribble - Never. But he dribbles only when there is a need. No unnecessary show-offs.

1 Like

Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by EbukaHades10(m): 4:33am On Nov 17, 2018
Avraham:
Rubbish..

Your ronaldo is only a good tapin goalscorer. He can't even dribble a player on the pitch. No creative sense nothing.

Messi is both a goalscorer, playmaker and a dribbler. He doesn't dribble like neymar does. He dribbles with purpose and vision. You see his dribbles in every match. Should there be a match and Messi not dribble - Never. But he dribbles only when there is a need. No unnecessary show-offs.
Messi's goal against Real betis was what? "Shower-in"?

How u go type say world best is only good at tap-ins? U mean all his goals have been tap-ins and Messi doesn't score tap-ins?

If scoring goals was easy,why doesn't every single player in the world score? Speaking of creativity,what does it take to score goals? U have to be decisive,think quick,be sharp and ruthless in front of goal and creative which Ronaldo obviously has. Tapins,are they not part of Creativity? Penalties are also not part of Creativity? Creativity counts for naught if u can't score.

Una just like to dey find fault for Ororo's game but u people end up contradicting yourselves

The next time Ronaldo scores a tap-in,call Fifa make them cancel am bcus na tap-in.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by EbukaHades10(m): 4:41am On Nov 17, 2018
flashlink:

U go live long.

The thing that annoys me is that that is always the first thing they bring up when comparing players(removing the goals). That was how someone was telling me that remove Salah's goals and he's nothing. Who does that?

Very soon when they start comparing keepers,they will say "remove his clean sheets or saves". What will now remain?
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 4:46am On Nov 17, 2018
EbukaHades10:
Messi's goal against Real betis was what? "Shower-in"?

How u go type say world best is only good at tap-ins? U mean all his goals have been tap-ins and Messi doesn't score tap-ins?

If scoring goals was easy,why doesn't every single player in the world score? Speaking of creativity,what does it take to score goals? U have to be decisive,think quick,be sharp and ruthless in front of goal and creative which Ronaldo obviously has. Tapins,are they not part of Creativity? Penalties are also not part of Creativity? Creativity counts for naught if u can't score.

Una just like to dey find fault for Ororo's game but u people end up contradicting yourselves

The next time Ronaldo scores a tap-in,call Fifa make them cancel am bcus na tap-in.
70 percent of Ronaldo's goals are tapins.
Just go sit down.
Your Ronaldo will be remembered only as a great goal scorer and nothing else. He should be compared with Aguero not Messi.

Don't you guys get it..

You talk about goals and Messi still has a better goal ratio and assist ratio than ratio than Ronaldo despite he playing deeper positions, veing a playmaker and a geat dribbler at the same time. spits

1 Like

Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by EbukaHades10(m): 4:56am On Nov 17, 2018
Avraham:
70 percent of Ronaldo's goals are tapins.
Just go sit down.
Your Ronaldo will be remembered only as a great goal scorer and nothing else. He should be compared with Aguero not Messi.
70%? Which blog u see that one? Avraham.com?

Bro,abeg,if it is not from goal.com,bbcsports.com or any accredited sport body,no dey cook up stats anyhow.

He'll be remembered as a great goalscorer that won *5* champions league trophies, Conquered *2* leagues and about to conquer another.

Bruhv,there is no argument that Ronaldo is the greatest player that ever lived.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 5:06am On Nov 17, 2018
EbukaHades10:
70%? Which blog u see that one? Avraham.com?

Bro,abeg,if it is not from goal.com,bbcsports.com or any accredited sport body,no dey cook up stats anyhow.

He'll be remembered as a great goalscorer that won *5* champions league trophies, Conquered *2* leagues and about to conquer another.

Bruhv,there is no argument that Ronaldo is the greatest player that ever lived.
Ronaldo: 665 goals and 213 assists in 928 appearances
Messi: 629 goals and 258 assists in 777 appearances

If he likes he should play in china league.. "Individually" this is how we know who is better.

And I cease to oblige you with any more coments.

Go check it up. later.

1 Like

Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by zopaks: 8:51am On Nov 17, 2018
EbukaHades10:
As if.

Salah no score from corner? Rooney no score from middle of pitch? Zlatan's goal against England nko?

No dey talk say impossible goals like say people no dey score am.

Players dey wey beta pass Messi.
From your responses, it is very obvious that you hate, the player called Messi for no tangible reason. You even went as far as saying Toni Kroos is better than Messi Hahan. Haba!... Well your hatred won't change the fact that Messi is the greatest ever.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by cr7lomo: 10:48am On Nov 17, 2018
Avraham:
Beo thank you, I love how you presented your case. Now pleasw be truthful and Honest. Ronaldo no doubt is a good player and a great finisher, this is how he scores almost all his goals. He positions himself in the boss 18, he has very good positioning and gets the ball from his teammates and once the ball gets to him, he finishes most of his are tap-ins, he just plays it inside the net.

Messi is not like that. Messi picks the ball from midfield, does some amazing runs or 1-2. we have seen occasions were Messi picks the ball from midfield and dribbles everybody including tge goalkeeper and scores. Messi plays deeper than ronaldo and yet almost outscores him all the time, You will see a Messi in midfield, controlling play, creating chances, determing pace and breaking defences.

So I respect both players but Messi is way above ronaldo and anyone who understands football knows this.

You amaze me... whether he taps in or he dribbles to score, a goal is a goal and he's the top scorer in the champions league ... why am I even arguing with you... let mercy win something with his national team first... ronaldo shows you how impactful he is in tims because he has major trophies with every team he has ever played for
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2018
cr7lomo:

You amaze me... whether he taps in or he dribbles to score, a goal is a goal and he's the top scorer in the champions league ... why am I even arguing with you... let mercy win something with his national team first... ronaldo shows you how impactful he is in tims because he has major trophies with every team he has ever played for
Go and Sit down,, what do you know..

Messi took his team to the world cup final 2014, he was top scorer and won golden ball. 2014.

Your lord and saviour will never know how it feels to play in the world cuo final.

Your ronaldo is not great. - he started playing 2003 and Messi started playing late 2005, he wasn't even a started for barcelona until around 2007. He was still wearing number 30 then number 19 jersey then.

About 2 - 3 difference and we are still comparing the two.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by ifiokjohn(m): 11:25am On Nov 17, 2018
babakb:

Guy no mind them that is how they always lie
yes that what they always say but it nonsense
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by cr7lomo: 11:26am On Nov 17, 2018
[i][/i]
Avraham:
Go and Sit down,, what do you know..

Messi took his team to the world cup final 2014, he was top scorer and won golden ball. 2014.

Your lord and saviour will never know how it feels to play in the world cuo final.

Your ronaldo is not great. - he started playing 2003 and Messi started playing late 2005, he wasn't even a started for barcelona until around 2007. He was still wearing number 30 then number 19 jersey then.

About 2 - 3 difference and we are still comparing the two.

Lmao.... james was top scorer in 2014 world cup.... when did a losing finalists become an achievement.... lmao u funny guy
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by flashlink(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2018
Avraham:
Ronaldo crosses better than Messi, you joking. I am yet to see a play with a better vision than Messi.
Go and Sit down. You are a biased football fan.

I know that Ronaldo is blind, but please use your Youtube and check if you'll see messi crossing...Messi doesn't have vision at all to cross just like he is better at through balls (if you even check CR7's videos on YouTube, you'll see beautiful diagonal through ball that Benzema messes up).
Just last Juventus match against Milan, he crossed to Mandukic to score, he has already assisted a goal with crossing this season...
Now, check for messi's crossing.
MESSI DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO CROSS
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by EbukaHades10(m): 12:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
Avraham:
Ronaldo: 665 goals and 213 assists in 928 appearances
Messi: 629 goals and 258 assists in 777 appearances

If he likes he should play in china league.. "Individually" this is how we know who is better.

And I cease to oblige you with any more coments.

Go check it up. later.
Never run,baba

All those stats ur brought up are for Laliga,if I'm right. When did Ronaldo come to laliga and when did Messi start playing in the laliga.

U've left his tap-ins to now bring appearances? Ok. I've got one for u.

U typed that individually,a Messi is better,fine but why is football a team sport if it is going to be based on individuality?

Ronaldo makes a team look good and if they are good,he makes them better. Ask Manchester united fans if they've been able to replace him. Ask Real Madrid fans how market.

Messi was absent,the team played well without him. Ronaldo left and the team was a wreck.

Bruhv, individuality counts for shyt if the team isn't good.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by EbukaHades10(m): 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
zopaks:

From your responses, it is very obvious that you hate, the player called Messi for no tangible reason. You even went as far as saying Toni Kroos is better than Messi Hahan. Haba!... Well your hatred won't change the fact that Messi is the greatest ever.
Hate is a very strong word and I don't hate anybody.

Greatest ever? U meant to say greatest yet cus there was a Pele,a Cruyff,a Ronadinho,a Beckham,even a Kaka.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
EbukaHades10:
Never run,baba

All those stats ur brought up are for Laliga,if I'm right. When did Ronaldo come to laliga and when did Messi start playing in the laliga.

U've left his tap-ins to now bring appearances? Ok. I've got one for u.

U typed that individually,a Messi is better,fine but why is football a team sport if it is going to be based on individuality?

Ronaldo makes a team look good and if they are good,he makes them better. Ask Manchester united fans if they've been able to replace him. Ask Real Madrid fans how market.

Messi was absent,the team played well without him. Ronaldo left and the team was a wreck.

Bruhv, individuality counts for shyt if the team isn't good.
Lol that stats are for their entire careers. 2003 - 2018 for ronaldo.
from 2005 - 2018 for Messi.

I think benzema and Ronaldo cane to madrid at same time. Benzema has the same number UCL titles as ronaldo in madrid.

But individually compare benzema to Ronaldo

But that is how it is with Messi and Ronaldo.

if you wanna use team use Barcelona and Madrid not Messi and Ronaldo. They are individuals not a group.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 1:03pm On Nov 17, 2018
flashlink:

I know that Ronaldo is blind, but please use your Youtube and check if you'll see messi crossing...Messi doesn't have vision at all to cross just like he is better at through balls (if you even check CR7's videos on YouTube, you'll see beautiful diagonal through ball that Benzema messes up).
Just last Juventus match against Milan, he crossed to Mandukic to score, he has already assisted a goal with crossing this season...
Now, check for messi's crossing.
MESSI DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO CROSS
Go and sit down, you don't know anything.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
cr7lomo:
[i][/i]

Lmao.... james was top scorer in 2014 world cup.... when did a losing finalists become an achievement.... lmao u funny guy
let him carry his team to the final first.
if he loses, we will applaud him.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by EbukaHades10(m): 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
Avraham:
Lol that stats are for their entire careers. 2003 - 2018 for ronaldo.
from 2005 - 2018 for Messi.

I think benzema and Ronaldo cane to madrid at same time. Benzema has the same number UCL titles as ronaldo in madrid.

But individually compare benzema to Ronaldo

But that is how it is with Messi and Ronaldo.

if you wanna use team use Barcelona and Madrid not Messi and Ronaldo. They are individuals not a group.
Read ur comments well. U brought up the individual stuff and wetin I dey try tell u be say no be only Messi pick ball from back to score a those goals wey dey there.

The same UCL titles in Madrid agreed but whose goals got them there? Whose goals won them the title

I have 2018 Rolls Royce and my neighbor has a 2011 Toyota Camry. We have cars but put the cars together and there's no comparison(referring to the Benzema and Ronaldo comparison?
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2018
Had Messi started playing football same 2003 ronaldo started, there would have been no need for this argument.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
EbukaHades10:
Read ur comments well. U brought up the individual stuff and wetin I dey try tell u be say no be only Messi pick ball from back to score a those goals wey dey there.
Yes. People who score those kinda goals are world class players.
Ronaldo delima, Roberto Baggio, Maradona, Lionel Messi to mention but a few.

You c.ronaldo is a wait in the box tap-in goal scorer, he should be compared with aguero, lewandowski, torres, Harry kane. etc. These players I mentioned score goals and give assists. There is nothing spectacular about your ronaldo.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by EbukaHades10(m): 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
Avraham:
Yes. People who score those kinda goals are world class players.
Ronaldo delima, Roberto Baggio, Maradona, Lionel Messi to mention but a few.

You c.ronaldo is a wait in the box tap-in goal scorer, he should be compared with aguero, lewandowski, torres, Harry kane. etc. These players I mentioned score goals and give assists. There is nothing spectacular about your ronaldo.
This tap-ins u are emphasizing on,are they not counted? U make tap-ins seem like a bad thing.

Nothing spectacular about Ronaldo? A certain club went out of their way to sign him and u say he's not spectacular?

I can see u are a die hard Messi fan and there's nothing I'll say or do to convince u bcus if we continue like this till the end if time,u still no go agree.

If u read most of my comments,u will see that I don't "hate" Messi as some claim. I accept that he's a good player but great,no greatest player?,that title is for Ororo.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2018
EbukaHades10:
This tap-ins u are emphasizing on,are they not counted? U make tap-ins seem like a bad thing.

Nothing spectacular about Ronaldo? A certain club went out of their way to sign him and u say he's not spectacular?

I can see u are a die hard Messi fan and there's nothing I'll say or do to convince u bcus if we continue like this till the end if time,u still no go agree.

If u read most of my comments,u will see that I don't "hate" Messi as some claim. I accept that he's a good player but great,no greatest player?,that title is for Ororo.
You are the one that is being dogmatic here bro.
I praised Ronaldo, didn't I

I said he is a great finisher, a goalscorer and has powerful positioning.

But I said that is all there is to his game. And he shouldn't be compared to Messi who is a playmaker, finisher and a dribbler.

Open your heart and let the truth enter. Messi is greater than Ronaldo.

And the bolder is where your dogmatism comes in.

Greatest My Ass. Rubbish.

Go meet top football pundits in the world and they will tell you Messi is the better of the two.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by EbukaHades10(m): 2:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
Avraham:
You are the one that is being dogmatic here bro.
I praised Ronaldo, didn't I

I said he is a great finisher, a goalscorer and has powerful positioning.

But I said that is all there is to his game. And he shouldn't be compared to Messi who is a playmaker, finisher and a dribbler.

Open your heart and let the truth enter. Messi is greater than Ronaldo.

And the bolder is where your dogmatism comes in.

Greatest My Ass. Rubbish.

Go meet top football pundits in the world and they will tell you Messi is the better of the two.
Aiit. U do u and I'll do me.

Thanks for keeping me busy.

E go be.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2018
HumbleBoy21:
Some of you guys that watch football lacks discernment.

Guy do not be blindfolded, take your time to observe both players.

Ronaldo is a goalscorer- a finisher.

Take away goals from him and he is gone.

Messi is both a goalscorer, finisher, playmaker and a powerful dribbler.

Take away his goals and you still got a very good baller.

You can't compare both. Messi is way above.

On the video, that's pure humility and sportsmanship. Ronaldo would never say that of Messi. Messi is damn humble.
am sure you don't even understand what you wrote down u know hw goals Ronaldo created for juventus this season...even at Madrid he had assist of his own..so Ronaldo is a complete footballer an enigmatic genius..
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2018
Avraham:
Winning the UCL is a team award, Ronaldo was not playing the role of the defenders neither was he the left backs or midfielders. UCL is strictly a team award.
Someone gave him assists to score goals and that is what he knows - only to score goals.
Single-handedly My Foot.
so Messi won it singlehandedly for barca abi..go and sleep abeg talking like a toddler
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
so Messi won it singlehandedly for barca abi..go and sleep abeg talking like a toddler
so where did I state that messi won it single-handedly.
come out from no where and start talking trash.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by Avraham: 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
am sure you don't even understand what you wrote down u know hw goals Ronaldo created for juventus this season...even at Madrid he had assist of his own..so Ronaldo is a complete footballer an enigmatic genius..
I am not ready to argue you, u do u and i do me.
Re: Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him by flashlink(m): 9:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
Avraham:
Go and sit down, you don't know anything.

Lol...
It's good that you have admitted that you don't have an answer for my statement...I appreciate you for that...
But next time, just say "you are right" in order not to sound like a whiny baby...
Messi is great (the greatest dribbler also) but Ronaldo is the most complete player and th Greatest player ever...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mega Odds Tickets With Possibilities Of Mega Cash Returns / Livescore24, The Best Livescore Website / Who's Your Favorite Player?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.