Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike (8071 Views)

Enugu Guber: INEC Lacks Powers To Suspend Collated Results – PDP / Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria / INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by chieyine(m): 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2018
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) lacks the capacity to conduct credible polls in 2019.

The governor said Nigerians should not be deceived by the statements usually released by INEC because the commission works negate her mandate.

He spoke at the Government House Port Harcourt on Thursday when he granted audience to the Senate Committee on INEC.

He said: "Let's not deceive ourselves, INEC is not prepared for credible elections. If there is an agency that is not prepared for 2019, it is INEC . I have no confidence in INEC. There is no amount of INEC's preparation will convince me.

"INEC chooses how it interpretes laws to suit those they support. They choose the court orders to obey and the ones to disregard. In one state where it favours a particular, they obey. In another state , INEC will claim they are yet to see judgments not in favour of the party they support ".

He said in 2019, any attempt by INEC to negatively manipulate the will of the people will be resisted.

"In 2019, whoever wants to manipulate the process to destroy the outcome, the people will come after that person and the family.

"We will not agree that for anybody to rig elections here in Rivers State. Nobody will do anything contrary to the will of the people ", he said.

He said that results are declared at the polling units, but INEC goes ahead to manipulate results at the collation centre as was done in Osun State.

The governor said that the National Assembly has budgeted money for INEC for them to squander, but not for the conduct of credible elections.

Governor Wike added that the refusal to sign the amended Electoral Act is a ploy by the APC Federal Government to rig the 2019 elections in connivance with INEC.

He said that despite the fact that the National Assembly continues to amend the Electoral Act in favour of the Presidency, the APC Federal Government continues to generate excuses why they will not sign the amended Electoral Act .

He said that INEC and Police are two institutions that impede the conduct of credible elections in the country.

Chairman of the Senate Committee on INEC, Senator Suleiman Nazif said that the committee was in the state to to carry out assessments on the preparedness of the commission for the conduct of credible elections in 2019.

He said that the committee carried out oversight functions on the available card reader machines, voter registers and other facilities needed for the 2019 polls.

Read more: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/2019-inec-lacks-the-capacity-to-conduct-credibile-polls-governor-wike/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by Holumhidey(m): 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
but the story long sha...
Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by NORSIYK(m): 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2018
Exactly with what happened both in Ekiti and Osun states INEC definitely is not fit to conduct a credible election.........but I believe we the electorates will defend our votes no matter how hard they try to rig it...........One thing that's sure is#Back2Daura 2019

Meanwhile VOTE FOR NDAA IHEDIOHA FOR GOVERNOR.
EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED

"...I am a go- getter. I do not take no for an answer; I have no failure around my path when it comes to getting things for our people..." Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha 2018

Yes, he truly is a man with a clear sense and sincerity of purpose; not blown hither and thither by trivialities. What Imo needs at this time is a conscientious, able and capable leader to drive her out of the current mess that she has been plunged into. In Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha is embodied these qualities just as his credibility and goodwill will attract a lot of good tidings to our dear State. He truly is the man with the magic wand to a progressive Imo State; a State that will give hope and sense of pride to her citizens.

#JoinHandsToRebuildImo
#GetPositivelyInvolved

9 Likes

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by buhariguy(m): 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
Thief wike is already afraid.
Thief wike is gone.
Tony Cole is cool for the job.

And thief wike said, he will sent thugs, arm robbers and cultist after inec if buhari and tony Cole defeat him very well.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by Hundreddegrees(m): 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2018
buhariguy:
Thief wike is gone.

And thief wike said, he will sent thugs, arm robbers and cultist after inec if buhari and tony Cole defeat him very well.

The distance between you and brain can be compared to the distance between heaven and hell..

See your members here

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by gsm88: 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2018
gov wicked is a criminal, he knows what he did 2015 in rivers state.gov wicked fear not bcus the same tin u did God is going to pay u back accordingly.wike is gone

7 Likes

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by balanceofterror1(m): 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
buhariguy:
Thief wike is gone.

Tell Osibanjo to return the #5.8bil he stole from NEMA.....Let the cry of the IDPs touch him if truly he is a pastor.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by yomi961: 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
gsm88:
gov wicked is a criminal, he knows what he did 2015 in rivers state.gov wicked fear not bcus the same tin u did God is going to pay u back accordingly.wikem is gone
shut up, attention seeker

12 Likes

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by swiz123(m): 6:29pm On Nov 15, 2018
The mole -Wike - is a bigger threat to PDP's quest to rescue this country than INEC
Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2018
buhariguy:
Thief wike is gone.

Shebi na you go rig am? Rivers state is where the riggers will meet their Waterloo.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by buhariguy(m): 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
balanceofterror1:

Tell Osibanjo to return the #5.8bil he stole from NEMA.....Let the cry of the IDPs touch him if truly he is a pastor.
the best VP need to rescue the innocent citizen in idp without waiting for the useless senators approval as a God fearing pastor.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by bender79: 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
I've observed that Wike is more concerned about the elections in Rivers than the presidency
Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by ProYouTutorsUK: 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2018
k
Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by islandmoon: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
okay now! you all dont even know politics

A small boy asks his Dad, "Daddy, what is politics?" Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me Capitalism. Your mom, she's the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the Government. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the People. The nanny, we'll consider her the Working Class. And your baby brother, we'll call him the Future. Now, think about that and see if that makes sense." So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what Dad has said. Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper. The little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father having sex with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed. The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now." The father says, "Good, son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about." The little boy replies, "Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored and the Future is in Deep Shit.

Inec has won the election for buhari, I registered for voters card but they said I didnt working class is screwing government this time around!
Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by blowjob: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
ALL DIS PDP LOOOOTERS.. grin

SAI BUHARI

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by adioolayi(m): 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
Then resign and don't contest....that's the best way a an upright man will protest perceived injustice that will be meted against him by an institution he/she doesn't believed in. grin. grin

3 Likes

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
Very true
Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by sammyj: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
grin if you believe what Wike stated in the report is true Click Like and you believe Wike report is false click Share grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by Chizzyjoyce(f): 6:44pm On Nov 15, 2018
grin

We don hear ooo.. Maybe una go just hand over the INEC duties to myself and my family members so we go conduct free and fair election come 2019..

1 Like

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by Chizzyjoyce(f): 6:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
sammyj:
grin if you believe what Wike stated in the report is true Click Like and you believe Wike report is false click Share grin

None of the above nko.... Because I don't belief at all whether angry its true or false
Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by Kenekingisback: 6:47pm On Nov 15, 2018
Yes
Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 15, 2018
Forget grammar, we don't need anyone to tell us INEC isn't independent

1 Like

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by gurunlocker: 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
buhariguy:
the best VP need to rescue the innocent citizen in idp without waiting for the useless senators approval as a God fearing pastor.

Rescue with the same rice rotten away in NEMA store?

Do you guys even think before talking? Why always bias when it comes to your corrupt people?
Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by Jonadull: 6:50pm On Nov 15, 2018
Dindinrin
Abi pdp go lose

1 Like

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by ekestic1976(f): 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
Na today? When did INEC organise Credible Elections in the past? Was it in 1999, 2003, 2007 or 2011? These your present troubles were what the Opposition endured in those heady years without consolation! Learn to live with it as the Opposition did way back then, because it's going to be a long STAY in the cold for you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by JohnFrankling(m): 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
buhariguy:
Thief wike is gone.

it's Tonye Cole, stop following a party blindly

1 Like

Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by walearoy(m): 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
you are wicked

Hundreddegrees:

The distance between you and brain can be compared to the distance between heaven and hell..

See your members here
Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by ofuonyebi: 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2018
yes now...inec only knows how to conduct a good election...when wike & pindinpi wins...idiots of no conscience!
Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by thinksense: 7:26pm On Nov 15, 2018
That's wike speech after the election
Re: 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike by Abiodunstephen(m): 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2018
so what shall we do
or I should call Ghana electoral commission or IBEC, ASU, NAPSU, NLC to conduct it.
though ASU should have been better but they may strike in the day of election or when election remain one hour to end.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Calls For Resignation Of INEC Chairman Unfair-nans / Gbajabiamila For Speaker: Gov Ajimobi Mobilises Oyo APC Representatives To Vote / Thunder Will Strike Anybody That Give God The Credit When Coronavirus Is Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.