Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,916 members, 7,952,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:02 PM

Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? (4566 Views)

First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers / Before You Cross To Another Bank, Consider These / Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by adesteve: 9:55am On Jul 24, 2010
hi all, i read online that diamond bank plans to acquire a local bank or merge with a foreign bank. do you have any information? just curious because my little cousin works there.
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by Ziggyjoel(f): 10:10am On Jul 24, 2010
adesteve:

hi all, i read online that diamond bank plans to acquire a local bank or merge with a foreign bank. do you have any information? just curious because my little cousin works there.
ITS TRUE BRO! THATS THEIR STRATEGIC PLAN IN 2011-12. THEY WANNA ACQURE A LOCAL BANK!
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by scoro99(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2010
Pray for your cousin, but he or she should start getting ready for the worst(save plenty dow from now on),

so if shit happens, there would be cushion to fall back on.

y the December mayhem was harsh was because piple dint expect it.

Better days for us by the year 20, i no know ooo
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by candylips(m): 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2010
good
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by lagoshost(m): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2010
Just passing!
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by mrperfect(m): 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2010
Let us pray it ends in a positive note.
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by eros(m): 8:23pm On Jul 24, 2010
Hmmmmmm!!!!
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 24, 2010
respect grin grin
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by ekea2001: 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2010
lol!

Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by obstead200(m): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2010
These corporate aquisitions always comes with some staff shake-ups.

without meaning to sound wicked and selfish, I just wish to say that maybe I could be able to get myself back into banking, which I have always loved. I think it is still one of the most chalenging industries to work in. (althought it depends on the role u are to play.)
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by sirp2007: 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2010
i thought tis bank is doing well, any way i pray tis strategy de-populte d labour mkt and not populate it
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 25, 2010
and what is the implication of this for shareholders how does this affect the share price at the short term
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by Okukk(m): 12:10am On Jul 26, 2010
greed at work
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by Ziggyjoel(f): 12:15am On Jul 26, 2010
I DONT FORESEE ANY FURTHER STAFF SHAKE UP! BUT, IF ANY, IT AINT GONNA BE THE YOUNG ONES! ITS THOSE WHO HAVE BECOME FAT AND LIABILITY! LET THEM GO AND REST!!!

Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by nazzyon(m): 8:44am On Jul 26, 2010
If Diamond Bank is the one acquiring the problems won't be over whelming but if Diamond Bank will be acquired by another bank that wan no go be film trick.
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by kobikwelu(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2010

are u sure u know what you are saying,

they want to acquire a local bank(referring to the 25 banks??)

they want to merge with a foreign bank(they no reach)
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by Pappij: 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2010
kobikwelu:

are u sure u know what you are saying,

they want to acquire a local bank(referring to the 25 banks??)

they want to merge with a foreign bank(they no reach)

Are u sure u know what you are readingmaybe u need to remove those glasses and shine your eyes well
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by marketplace(m): 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2010
That will be a very welcome development.
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by CGKing(m): 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2010
Correct bank. Pls expand so i can open account with u jare.
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by olasboy: 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2010
Stop visiting those sites,
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by wale0700(m): 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2010
That is another session of laying off staffs of the acquired bank
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by GboyegaD(m): 9:51am On Jul 27, 2010
This necessarily may not imply sacking of staffs of either banks except those who have issues. This is because most banks are not adequately staffed at the moment thus, acquiring will imply them channeling the staff into the right use towards growth and this may mean them employing more staff.
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by seunallday: 10:45am On Jul 27, 2010
if they are acquiring, they are doing that to expand and and am sure jobs will be safe, unless u work in d acquired bank den u may be screwed.
Re: Diamond Bank To Merge With Another Bank? by Ukarakpa: 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2010
They need more than that and i pity the staffs and thier customer[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Nnpc Is Recruiting / What Are The Posible Job Opportunities For A Person Who Studied Microbiology. / See Salary Structure Of Nigerian University Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.