Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting (18901 Views)

2019: Atiku Shows His Dancing Skill As He Meets Lagos State PDP Stakeholders / 2019: Atiku Declares Presidential Bid, Tackles Buhari / Uche Secondus & Pdp Nwc Meet Over Fayose's Attack.see What They Said(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by dre11(m): 6:22am On Nov 16, 2018
Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja

Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, and members of the party’s Presidential Campaign Council met in Abuja on Wednesday night to strategise ahead of the commencement of the party’s presidential campaign.

The meeting, which was held at the PDP Presidential Campaign office (Legacy House) was attended by notable members of the council.

Our correspondent reports that the meeting was the first Atiku held with the members of the campaign council since they were named a few days after the former Vice-President won the party’s presidential nomination.

Those who attended the meeting included the National Chairman of the party, Prince Uche Secondus; Director-General of the PDP Presidential Campaign Council, who is also the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki; the Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, who is the zonal coordinator of the campaign for North-West; Governor of Gombe State, Ibrahim Dankwambo, zonal coordinator, North-East; Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, zonal coordinator, North-Central; Governor of Rivers State, Mr. Nyesom Wike, zonal coordinator, South-South; and a former Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, who is the zonal coordinator for the South-West.

Others were the Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi, zonal coordinator, South-East; a former Minister of Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Relations, Kabiru Turaki, Chairman, Legal Matters; and Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Emmanuel Udom, who is the Chairman, Fund Raising Committee.

The meeting, which started around 9.15pm, ended around 12.28am on Thursday.

Sources at the meeting said Atiku formally informed the members of his desire to run a broad-based campaign devoid of acrimony and that he would want the campaign to be issue-based.

It was also gathered that issues of logistics, funding and how to fill other positions in the campaign council were discussed.

Our correspondent gathered that a former minister (name withheld) from Kwara State was tipped as spokesperson for the campaign council.

However, the majority of the attendees were said to have accepted the suggestions, but regretted that the person might not be allowed to do the job to avoid the party being accused of nepotism.

The source said, “We have all accused President Muhammadu Buhari of nepotism. That’s why we said the person being suggested as spokesman should not do it. Though he is a good candidate and has the ability to do the job, but his state of origin worked against him.

“This is because Saraki who is the DG of the campaign council is from Kwara State while the National Publicity Secretary of the party is from Kogi State. The two states used to be one and both are from the North-Cenrral . That’s why we are beaming our searchlight on another person.”

It was also gathered that the meeting told Atiku to collapse his campaign structure into the PDP Presidential campaign council, as the leadership of the party insisted that there must not be any duplication.

In preparation for the kick-off of the campaign, the party has started the renovation of the Legacy Building, an action that had made some officers to relocate from their official offices.

It was gathered that the majority of the officers of the campaign council like Atiku, Saraki and the coordinators would have different offices within the building.

Secondus and members of the National Working Committee of the party were also mandated to call a meeting of the party’s National Executive next week where the budget for the presidential primary would be approved.

The NEC meeting is also expected to ratify the appointment of members of the campaign council.

https://punchng.com/2019-atiku-saraki-secondus-pdp-govs-hold-crucial-meeting/

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by madridguy(m): 6:24am On Nov 16, 2018
Dead before arrival. Sai Baba till 2023.

43 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by Homeboiy: 6:29am On Nov 16, 2018
If them no dey share money

Count me out

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by Corrinthians(m): 6:34am On Nov 16, 2018
Atikwu really thinks he has a chance o.

I hope he goes broke after this. cheesy

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by braveboy64(m): 6:36am On Nov 16, 2018
Sai baba 2019

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by kingphilip(m): 6:56am On Nov 16, 2018
make campaign do start make I know who to vote for

this one wey people no know wetin anybody get to offer dem de de shout sai baba and atikulate is baffling jare

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by eunisam: 7:04am On Nov 16, 2018
He better listen to them else nepotism will be used against him by the chief Nepotic party

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by id911(m): 7:04am On Nov 16, 2018
The winning team....Carry go! Nigerians are solidly behind you because we have suffered enough in the hands of the current rudderless regime

Atikulate everywhere you go

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by phransix2: 7:04am On Nov 16, 2018
Ok
Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by kerry57: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2018
Make una strategize wella, make wey collect power from people without strategy and focus. Atikulated I am forever.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by nony43(m): 7:06am On Nov 16, 2018
Anybody supporting Buhari need to be checked, sentiments aside, how can you support me with no ideas to people who have managed businesses. employers of labour and have a very good resume, I tire for some Nigerians

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by mimimile93: 7:07am On Nov 16, 2018
Gathering of thieves.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by Dannyset(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2018
Atiku is still not aware that Saraki is a betrayer and a backstabber........having him in your team is like using Kim Kardashian as your goal keeper. He will learn the hard way.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by fukushaki(m): 7:09am On Nov 16, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by Valfrankie(m): 7:09am On Nov 16, 2018
Atikulate Nigeria, get involved, spread the word! ATIKU IS COMING. Choose ye this day whom you will vote for, as for me and my family, we will vote ATIKU. Like if you are Atikulated, share for Buhari. sad sad sad

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by SaintLucia: 7:09am On Nov 16, 2018
At last Atikuchukwu finally reunites with his biological father after 30 years.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by fahren(m): 7:10am On Nov 16, 2018
Will the 15 million Voters of 2015 agree to vote Buhari again in 2019? Tell yourself the truth, it is all over, Atiku has won the 2019 presidential election,

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by hucienda: 7:10am On Nov 16, 2018
Fine-tuning and Oiling the machinery ahead 18th November.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 7:10am On Nov 16, 2018
Corrinthians:

He shud have a chance because Buhari had long been dead and buried, do u like that Jubril from another country is overseeing the affairs of this nation?

19 Likes

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by solablings(f): 7:10am On Nov 16, 2018
madridguy:

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by chamber247(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
madridguy:

18 Likes

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
MrAJQ:
Meeting of failure. Anyway I pity those saying ATIKU has money to spend for his election. ATIKU is Broke.
Buhari is a failure

12 Likes

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by Nemesis001: 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
Corrinthians:

Go broke I thought you have been programmed to believe he stole your common wealth dry? grin

Una go dey alright lass lass. Poor Bmc on 30k salary.

13 Likes

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by onatisi(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
kerry57:
Make una strategize wella, make wey collect power from people without strategy and focus. Atikulated I am forever.
this is a chance of a lifetime for atiku , he has always wanted the pdp presidential ticket more than anything and with the various damming corruption scandals apc is doing and involved in and the open endorsement of corruption by buhari , i dont think the people will have much choice than to vote for the atikulated dream

11 Likes

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by MrAJQ(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
Meeting of failure. Anyway I pity those saying ATIKU has money to spend for his election. ATIKU is Broke.
Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by 3rdavefarms(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
Hunmm
Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by eDoctorr(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
As a real Ibadan indigene. 7 out of 9 eligible voters in my family are already Atikulated. One is for the lifeless man and he is having malaria sef.
The other person is neutral.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by ORIENTATION101: 7:12am On Nov 16, 2018
Corrinthians:

amen is like atiku too is reluctant to release his loot. pdp lagos is waiting for money to print campaign posters.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 7:12am On Nov 16, 2018
madridguy:
Dead before arrival. Sai Baba Jubril till 4040.
Till 4040
Re: 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting by Fazemood(m): 7:13am On Nov 16, 2018
I believe that PDP are ready, yes they are. Their strategy has so far been professional. Whatever it may be, I just want to see a government that believes it owes the people and is willing, ready and committed to deliver.

God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo Youths Petition CJN Over Declaration Of Ihedioha As Governor-elect / Governor Umahi Dedicates Victory At Appeal Court To God (Photos) / Rivers: We Showed No Intent To Return, Except On Tinubu's Order - Commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.