Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard (54527 Views)

My Aunt Grows Beard Like A Man, Is It A Health Condition? / 'beard Gang Can Give You A Vaginal Infection' - Nigerian Doctor Claims / How To Grow Your Beard Very Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by enemyofprogress: 2:22am On Nov 17, 2018
Na for prick some guys and babes dey grow grey hair o. At least I know of five nairaland babes with grey hair on their pussy

Apart from Virginia, where else can Dickson travel to?
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by don4real18(m): 3:22am On Nov 17, 2018
Serendip:
Here is the answer

Back in the days men used the razor blade.
With the razor blade, the grey hair only comes at the ‘normal time.’

However, with the advent of shaving creams and certain types of powders, men tend to dump the regular use of the shaving stick. Especially the busy/affluent/ rich ones.

The creams and the powders genetically impact the areas where they’re constantly applied, and that leads to the white/grey hairs.

I use razor and I don’t have such problem.
I don't use the shaving cream and I have some silver strands
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by DSDLIVEREPORT: 5:04am On Nov 17, 2018
Dye it if u don't like it.Your head will still be intact
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by oratorOdunayo1(m): 5:15am On Nov 17, 2018
TODAY ; everyone on NL should learn this new thing about grey hair. It’s a medical condition called POLIOSIS.

The white hair caused by poliosis is due to a lack of a pigment called melanin in the hair follicles.

The condition is usually associated with the hair of the head. It can affect any hairy area of the body, however, including the eyebrows and eyelashes.

While poliosis itself is not a harmful condition, it is associated with various other medical issues. Some of these are harmful, and some are not.

Thank me later if you can read more about it. Get enlightened
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by shumusozor: 5:35am On Nov 17, 2018
When Winning is my right , 100% Grantee , call or whatsApp to confirm

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by linkin8k(m): 6:26am On Nov 17, 2018
This has been on my mind for a long time, thanks for opening this topic @OP.

I think it has to be related with our feeding habits and environment, genes aside. There is need for research on this as the trend is getting alarming.

Please political warriors should stay clear of this discussion, go and fight elsewhere I beg
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by linkin8k(m): 6:29am On Nov 17, 2018
MexxIT:
Those days grey hairs and bald head were all evidence of an advancing age group but dis days hardship dey make person old quick... D hardship these days don dey affect every body gene
Those days all U had to do was go to school or learn handiwork or trade.. These days we go to school and have to have multiple streams of income to even make ends meet.

Good point, however, there has been studies to show that stress does NOT lead to greying. What it does is that it could accelerate balding but not greying.

Let's keep this convo going!
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by linkin8k(m): 6:32am On Nov 17, 2018
Serendip:
Here is the answer

However, with the advent of shaving creams and certain types of powders, men tend to dump the regular use of the shaving stick. Especially the busy/affluent/ rich ones.

The creams and the powders genetically impact the areas where they’re constantly applied, and that leads to the white/grey hairs.

Good observation, however, I have never used shaving cream or powder to shave and still I am greying.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by linkin8k(m): 6:36am On Nov 17, 2018
Pennywise:
My theory is that if you have hair that grows rapidly, soon the pigment producing cells die out leaving your facial or scalp hair free of pigment. I have had them as far back as I can remember. My hair dey grow like craze. But suffer still join sha oooo, I no lie. The genetic factor then becomes the different hair growth rate among different people.

Interesting
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by linkin8k(m): 6:40am On Nov 17, 2018
komekn:

Consider this proposition, " You are what you eat"

In Nigeria in the 80's 90's and maybe longer we didn't have GM modified foods, we didn't have our vegetables soaked in pesticides, we ate 100% organic.

Our meat wasn't juiced up with hormones and antibiotics.

Check out the levels of pesticide in corn and black eye peas it's scary. Add our predominantly sedentary life styles and it's clear thier is a problem.

What is the impact of all this, I don't know exactly but we see cancers and other ailments that were hitherto very uncommon. Could thier be a connection to premature greying POSSIBLY

This has been my exact thought! The change in our dietary habits might be strongly linked to this early greying epidemic. Our agricultural sector needs to be researched into to give a rough picture of what the impact of all these new ways of producing food is doing to Nigerians.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by linkin8k(m): 6:43am On Nov 17, 2018
oratorOdunayo1:
TODAY ; everyone on NL should learn this new thing about grey hair. It’s a medical condition called POLIOSIS.

The white hair caused by poliosis is due to a lack of a pigment called melanin in the hair follicles.

The condition is usually associated with the hair of the head. It can affect any hairy area of the body, however, including the eyebrows and eyelashes.

While poliosis itself is not a harmful condition, it is associated with various other medical issues. Some of these are harmful, and some are not.

Thank me later if you can read more about it. Get enlightened

Thanks! I'll read on this.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by broswilli: 6:52am On Nov 17, 2018
In those days our parents dreaded grey hairs and the main hair style was afro. They had their hair fully grown, white hair is more pronounced when the hair is overgrown. So one of the duty of female children then was to pick out their fathers white hair. Those that didn't like picking would dye their hair. I saw my sister picking my dads hair when he was in his late forties. Now today we see many men in their forties looking like boys and they don't care about picking their white hair or dyeing their hair. They look and feel like boys and don't feel ashamed of thier white hair. Some of our parents were already established so we remember them as fully grown men from our childhood but they were actually like the young hustling men with grey beards today. The times have changed but grey beards has been there longer than we know it is just our perception of time.

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by TheWordist(m): 6:56am On Nov 17, 2018
To all the nitwits and dimwits, suffer head don cloud una brain finish..

Here is the reason

The bad news: The premature graying problem is largely genetic. Hair follicles contain pigment cells that produce melanin, which gives your tresses their color. When your body stops generating melanin, hair presents itself as gray, white, or silver. (Melanin also provides moisture, so when less is produced, hair becomes brittle and loses its bounce.) "If your parents or grandparents grayed at an early age, you probably will too," says David Bank, director of the Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic, and Laser Surgery in Mt. Kisco, N.Y. "There's not much you can do to stop genetics.

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Mbediogu(m): 6:59am On Nov 17, 2018
johnmba:

You have a point but does it mean there was no hardship then?
Lalasticlala seun
The degree o suffering matters
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Bolubaba(m): 7:18am On Nov 17, 2018
It's hereditary. But too much stress my trigger the early onset.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by DEGABA(m): 7:40am On Nov 17, 2018
Serendip:
Here is the answer

stress is the cause not what u wrote here.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by MrPRevailer(m): 8:12am On Nov 17, 2018
Eating genetically modified foods could potentially be the cause. Corn etc

Semovita, gala, etc are made from Corn.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Dotman2210(m): 8:25am On Nov 17, 2018
Non of you talked about smoking and excessive alcohol consumption

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Goddyj(m): 9:49am On Nov 17, 2018
Cooleasy:

Bro, I want to ask a question: how did your greying hair affect your relationships or how ladies perceive you, if at all it did? (I am just trying to learn from a typical person who has experienced it).
There was this girl I was dating last year. She's was 23, and I was 3 years older. One day she told me "I know you have a wife and children in the village and you're here deceiving me." I asked how, and she said, are you not seeing white hairs all over your head? You are not a kid now. Are you not up to 40 years
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by myk2mic: 10:04am On Nov 17, 2018
NessaBoo:

Duck lips*coversface*

Lool

Okaaayyy!!

Haha, pls don't cover ur face ,it's a beautiful sight to behold(lips inclusive).
Sent u an email.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by NessaBoo(f): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2018
myk2mic:

Haha, pls don't cover ur face ,it's a beautiful sight to behold(lips inclusive).
Sent u an email.

Tnkz! smiley

Seen and replied
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by gentlegenius(m): 11:40am On Nov 17, 2018
johnmba:

You mean stress brings out white hairs and low paying jobs grin grin
To some extent, stress is the reason for early grey hairs, bald head and ageing. Our forefathers didn't experience this things early because they only engage in physical stress. But today, we face physical, mental, emotional and even spiritual stress.

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by jeff1607(m): 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2018
Daviestunech:
How can I grow my beard cry on time?

dial *556
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by okwabayi(m): 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
preciousnobel:
I think it is in the gene/evolution . I wouldn't agree it boils down to stress.
By the way, what do you guys think about balding at a young age? I am 20 and I am balding slowly.
This is normal. My younger brother went fully bald at 17 but at near 40 I'm only going through the early stages.
I think you should accept it. It gives a manly look to otherwise soft faces.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Newboss(m): 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2018
okwabayi:

This is normal. My younger brother went fully bald at 17 but at near 40 I'm only going through the early stages.
I think you should accept it. It gives a manly look to otherwise soft faces.

Fully bald? angry

I hope you know what that means? angry As in, he lost 100% of the hairs on his head angry
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by okwabayi(m): 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2018
Newboss:

Fully bald? angry

I hope you know what that means? angry As in, he lost 100% of the hairs on his head angry
Not 100%. I mean he lost enough hair to make him look 40 years old.
I forgot bald men don't lose all their hair, only 40 - 72%.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by OyinO: 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2018
STRESS! WORRY & FRUSTRATION leads to stress that quickens CELL DEGENERATION AND AGING FASTER.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Nobody: 6:09am On May 31, 2019
My children rates this type very appealing. cry
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by MiracleLao: 6:15am On May 31, 2019
It's because of stress. Health problem depends on other problems
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 02, 2019
People always told me be careful of what you do And dont go around breaking young girls' hearts And mother always told me be careful of who you love And be careful of what you do cause the lie becomes the truth. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now / People Without Face-Masks In Indonesia Dig Grave As Punishment / Lady Runs Mad Inside Osogbo Popular Market, Causes Traffic Gridlock (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.