Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos (1891 Views)

PDP Budgets In 16 Years Vs APC For 6 Years, Be The Judge / PDP Vs APC: Why We Endorsed Saraki – Fulani Community / PDP Vs APC: Zone That Must Produce Our Presidential Candidate – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by kYjelly2: 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
People were complaining that PDP had ruled the country for 19 years and that we needed a change.

What about APC in Lagos though? If APC wins again, it would make it 24 years of one party ruling.

24 years.

So has Lagos become a one party state

Some people would come up and say that PDP is an igbo party, is that the new way Tinubu is using to deceive everybody in Lagos

Won't the person from the PDP still be a Yoruba man? Although I wish we could get to a stage of enlightenment when the candidates from all parties just have to be indegenes of the state and not from a certain tribe. So APC could even field an American that has lived in Lagos for a while and PDP could do the same, however, I digress.

The PDP guy would still be a yoruba man, so how is that an igbo party

These politicians just use us to kill ourselves, my own is that how can people still be so dumbed down even in 2018, with the spread of internet everywhere to gain knowledge?

APC for 24 years and you can't even get water from the state

People will come here now and insult me, but let me open a thread and offer 5k now to people, you will see all of them open new accounts and start begging for the 5k for "school fees", "project", "food", "transport", bla, bla, bla....

Suffering and smiling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by seanfer(m): 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
Dear Poster Akwa-Ibom. Cross-river, Ebonyi, Enugu, Delta, Bayelsa are all Under PDP since 1999... Can you tell the whole world what they have achieved better than Lagos?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by debaj10: 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
kYjelly2:

APC for 24 years and you can't even get water from the state

People will come here now and insult me, but let me open a thread and offer 5k now to people, you will see all of them open new accounts and start begging for the 5k for "school fees", "project", "food", "transport", bla, bla, bla....

Suffering and smiling

shocked

Haaa!!

u wanto fyn trobu?!

shuuuu!

u don't lyk ursef o, dis guy...

1 Like

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by Ganzagangan: 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2018
Another yanmnnniriiii chav on the loose.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
seanfer:
Dear Poster Akwa-Ibom. Cross-river, Ebonyi, Enugu, Delta, Bayelsa are all Under PDP since 1999... Can you tell the whole world what they have achieved better than Lagos?

As a thoroughbred Deltan, I want the Op to answer this question.

It is not the amount of years but the value. APC (Tinubu) and PDP are thieves but at least every time I visit Lagos I see something new.

14 Likes

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by MeanChris(m): 1:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
APC has ruled Lagos for 19 years (AD, ACN, APC), yet there's no major challenge in lagos they have been able to address..

- Lack of public water system
- Lack of good drainage system
- Lack of good waste management system
- Lack of good roads
- Lack of world class hospitals
- Lack of best government owned schools in the country
- No intra-city rail lines
- No ferries
- OVER TAXATION
- OVER OMONILE

What has APC achieved in Lagos for 19 years

Let's discuss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by obonujoker(m): 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
seanfer:

Can you compare Lagos with it's mates in Africa or around the world??

1 Like

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by SarkinYarki: 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
24 years of APC in Lagos yet 70 percentvof Lagos streets remain untarred

24 years of APC in Lagos yet no pipe borne water

24 years of APC in Lagos 70 percent of Lagosians still have no access to proper toilets..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by MeanChris(m): 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
obonujoker:

https://amp.uk.businessinsider.com/the-worst-places-to-live-in-the-world-2017-8

1 Like

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by MeanChris(m): 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2018
seanfer:

None of the states you mentioned has ever ranked worst city to live in the world

Enugu has actually ranked one of the safest cities in the world

1 Like

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by seanfer(m): 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2018
obonujoker:

It's funny how you jumped from Nigeria and now you want to compare Lagos with other places in the world.... Simple Question i asked which of those states under PDP since 1999 has achieved more than Lagos that has been Under APC since 1999.....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by seanfer(m): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2018
MeanChris:

None of the states you mentioned has ever ranked worst city to live in the world

Hahaha.... So in your dreams now Enugu is more developed than Lagos?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by obonujoker(m): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2018
seanfer:

It's funny how you jumped from Nigeria and now you want to compare Lagos with other places in the world.... Simple Question i asked which of those states under PDP since 1999 has achieved more than Lagos that has been Under APC since 1999.....

How many mega cities do we have in Nigeria apart from Lagos??
Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by cdqyehyeh(m): 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
MeanChris:
APC has ruled Lagos for 19 years (AD, ACN, APC), yet there's no major challenge in lagos they have been able to address..

- Lack of good roads
- No ferries
- OVER TAXATION
- OVER OMONILE

Let's discuss

i knew u have never for once bin to lagos, if nt u wont type this thrash. roads, hospitals, government schools, rail line, feries, tax, omonile. pls visit lagos and spot the difference btween lagos nd ur state.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by MeanChris(m): 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
seanfer:

I said peaceful..

Show me a good poll Lagos state has ever come out top

If it's not dirtiest city, it's craziest city...

Enugu is cleaner than Lagos, that one I know for sure
Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by Bede2u(m): 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2018
seanfer:

development doesnt mean a few tall buildings in ikoyi. Lagos smells...from festac to lekki...there is a terrible odour engulfing lagos. There is no light. I stayed 4 days in lekki...i didnt see light at all. I stayed 2 weeks in satlite town i saw light only from 2am to 5am everyday.

Hold up in lagos is heart breaking. Pot holes everywhere.

Truth is...Enugu is cleaner and more liveable than lagos. Problem is lagos has more companies than enugu...so naturally people would always choose lagos to live in ahead of enugu.
Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by afroniger: 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2018
seanfer:

Don't you know that Enugu that has been ruled by PDP since 1999 is more developed than Ragos?? grin grin

9 Likes

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by MeanChris(m): 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
cdqyehyeh:

i knew u have never for once bin to lagos, if nt u wont type this thrash. roads, hospitals, government schools, rail line, feries, tax, omonile. pls visit lagos and spot the difference btween lagos nd ur state.

Lol, I've stayed in lagos for more than 2 years now..

If not for work, Lagos is the worst place to live in this country. Thank God I'm leaving this country soon soonest.

Tell me one thing I mentioned about Lagos that's false?
There is
Over taxation
Small rain, everywhere don flood
Where is the world class hospital
Where is the good road
Where are the good schools? (Like the likes of CKC Onitsha)
Where is the intra-city rail line?
Where are the ferries?
Agberos are at every junction in Lagos collecting omonile or whatever

Ogbeni, take a seat two rows back. Lagos is a failed city.

1 Like

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by MeanChris(m): 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
I know you guys will invade this thread with all your deceitful pictures. There's no doubt as to the structures in Lagos which are mostly federal govt projects..

But on a world scale, Lagos is under developed in all ramifications.

Those comparing other cities in Nigeria to Lagos are just being unserious. Lagos has been a capital of the country. The masterplan of Lagos was prepared by our colonial masters..

So there should be NO COMPARISON between lagos and other Nigerian cities

1 Like

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by OkutaNla: 2:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
Smh. Igbos are a very twisted and sick lot. They are jealous of Lagos, they hate the state for its progressiveness yet they can't stay away from it.
The way they talk about the state with so much jealousy-laced hatred, you would think they wouldn't near it with a foot long pole, but all na wash. Na jealousy and envy be the real root of their bitterness. Odiegwu oooo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by afroniger: 2:21pm On Nov 17, 2018
seanfer:

Them say dem hate Lagos, say Lagos no deverop reach Enugu, but na dem still dey rush am. grin grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by debaj10: 11:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
this is funny.

the op raised an issue that every citizen of the state should be up in arms about.

but instead of demanding accountability of those who've been in power for 2 decades, these silly, small-minded people are actually defending the state of things!
(pun intended)

as if it was foreigners who keep sharing ur children's futures amongst themselves.

does that mean you're happy with the way things are?

what were the reasons for refusing to give ambode a second term?

why go through the trouble of choosing a different candidate to contest as gov if ur state is doing fine?

armed robbery, gigantic potholes, garbage at every nook and cranny, rickety cars, condemned lorries/trucks/trailers- deathtraps looking for the next victim, fake products in every store- even the upscale ones, fraudsters on every street, traders/hawkers/buses/trailers all blocking roads and causing endless holdups.

I mean, in how many states do vehicles move against traffic?!

y'all defending Lagos, better rethink ur strategy.
the people u should be arguing with are in the Lagos state govt.
the argument should be on why the resources have failed to yield development of basic amenities.

like sey una fit near all d buildings wey una dey show for picture. undecided
Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by DoTheNeedful: 11:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
debaj10:
this is funny.

the op raised an issue that every citizen of the state should be up in arms about.

but instead of demanding accountability of those who've been in power for 2 decades, these silly, small-minded people are actually defending the state of things!
(pun intended)

as if it was foreigners who keep sharing ur children's futures amongst themselves.

does that mean you're happy with the way things are?

what were the reasons for refusing to give ambode a second term?

why go through the trouble of choosing a different candidate to contest as gov if ur state is doing fine?

armed robbery, gigantic potholes, garbage at every nook and cranny, rickety cars, condemned lorries/trucks/trailers- deathtraps looking for the next victim, fake products in every store- even the upscale ones, fraudsters on every street, traders/hawkers/buses/trailers all blocking roads and causing endless holdups.

I mean, in how many states do vehicles move against traffic?!

y'all defending Lagos, better rethink ur strategy.
the people u should be arguing with are in the Lagos state govt.
the argument should be on why the resources have failed to yield development of basic amenities.

like sey una fit near all d buildings wey una dey show for picture. undecided

What about Rivers, Cross River and Delta? All I see is a pained poster.

As APC has been in power in Lagos since 1999 so has PDP been in power in many SS states yet there is a lot of insecurity there.

The good thing is that some of them have high allocations from oil revenue with low population.

The last time I was in PH, I nearly wept.

I expected more than I saw.

It was that day I gave up on Nigeria nay Sub-Saharan Africa.

I don't live in Nigeria again but lack of basic things in Nigeria still hunt me each time I remember home.

The fact is that most Nigerians are complicit. If all you have are Buhari and Atiku then it shows why we are like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by Igbokid: 12:52am On Nov 18, 2018
The op should tell us about Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa. Ipob hypocrites grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by kolaaderin: 12:58am On Nov 18, 2018
MeanChris:

- Lack of good roads
- No ferries
- OVER TAXATION
- OVER OMONILE

Let's discuss

Because all other failed PDP states dumps their responsibility on Lagos hence over stretching public facilities to the brim and Lagos could not restrict anyone from coming to reside here. Why do you think UK and US visas are seriously restricted, the moment there border s opened for all, their system would start to struggle to the point of failure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by Minjim: 3:03am On Nov 18, 2018
SarkinYarki:
24 years of APC in Lagos yet 70 percentvof Lagos streets remain untarred

24 years of APC in Lagos yet no pipe borne water

24 years of APC in Lagos 70 percent of Lagosians still have no access to proper toilets..

You are right on these. The Tinubu influence has done more harm than good to Lagos. Ppl dont see this bicos they always compare Lagos wit other states which are not as rich as Lag in Nigeria. Lagos should be competing with Cairo, Joburg, Nairobi and likes .
I really want another party to handle Lagos, but certainly not Pdp bicos we've seen how they've mismanaged Nigeria.
If no other party rise to the challenge, I'm afraid Tinubu will just continue to have his way till he dies.
Jimi Agbaje under Pdp is just a shame. I like him but I dont trust anything Pdp

1 Like

Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by MrRush(m): 6:15am On Nov 18, 2018
MeanChris:

some time ppl talk like they lack sense, let everyone in Lagos start moving to enugu and bring the population of enugu down to Lagos and let's see how enugu would be ranked? Ode jatijati don't you know that 100s or even 1000s of people relocate to Lagos everyday making it jam-packed for a tiny city like Lagos with such populations, come no provoke me o!
Re: PDP 19 Years Vs APC 24 Years In Lagos by allthingsgood: 7:55am On Nov 18, 2018
MeanChris:

https://amp.uk.businessinsider.com/the-worst-places-to-live-in-the-world-2017-8

Fake report full of lies

First Lagos is not Nigeria's largest city. Its actually one of the smallest. Not to mention, biko haram is in the north east, not Lagos. Nice try wailers!!

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Dares Security Agencies In Rivers, Vows To Continue Public Protests / Hello People Of The United Niger, Something Is Cooking / My Ugly Experience Buying Electricity Credit Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.