Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

I Heard Canada Does Not Treat Native Americans Well - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Heard Canada Does Not Treat Native Americans Well (439 Views)

Zelensky Says Millions Of People Could Die If World Does Not 'close The Sky' / CNN:Europeans Killed So Many Native Americans That It Changed The Global Climate / A White Man Learns The Meaning Of "Maga" In Nigeria, Blasts Americans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Heard Canada Does Not Treat Native Americans Well by Ilamina(f): 11:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
That most of the prison population in Canada are native Americans

Even Americans feel superior to Canadians because of the bad record they have against native Americans

But Americans are not perfect either, most of their prison population are black Americans
Re: I Heard Canada Does Not Treat Native Americans Well by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 17, 2018
so what do you want us to do

1 Like

Re: I Heard Canada Does Not Treat Native Americans Well by Ilamina(f): 11:56pm On Nov 17, 2018
SilentWisper:
so what do you want us to do

I want to know if it's true
Re: I Heard Canada Does Not Treat Native Americans Well by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 18, 2018
Ilamina:

I want to know if it's true
Re: I Heard Canada Does Not Treat Native Americans Well by meobizy(f): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2018
OP travel there and find out. If not check up blogs but no amount of internet information can replace first hand exposure.

Indigenous people of America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia are all treated the same way, terribly.

I believe the one of Canada because it was lampooned in a South Park episode.

In America blacks make up the prison population but their treatment is like royalty compared to that of their Native American population, those ones live in squalor on reservations hidden from the public and receive zero government support.

New Zealand and Australia’s governments try to silence the Aborginal populations: jailing them, depriving them of life’s basics and always pointing them out as society’s dregs. The average population [white people] support their government’s stance and see no wrongdoing in stereotyping the natives.

I guess it’s the usual white man behaviour when he colonizes a land. It happened in India, here in Nigeria, happening in South Africa and it’s a way of life in those developed lands.

2 Likes

Re: I Heard Canada Does Not Treat Native Americans Well by panafrican(m): 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
To O.P.

Listen to popular radio such as CKVL in Montreal, QC Canada you will learn.
Curious you don't ask weather it is easier for African immigrants to find a job out there.
Do you know about " potager Riendeau " in the Longueuil area ?
Re: I Heard Canada Does Not Treat Native Americans Well by Ilamina(f): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
undecided
Re: I Heard Canada Does Not Treat Native Americans Well by HarryDuce(m): 3:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
meobizy:
OP travel there and find out. If not check up blogs but no amount of internet information can replace first hand exposure.

Indigenous people of America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia are all treated the same way, terribly.

In America blacks make up the prison population but their treatment is like royalty compared to that of their Native American population, those ones live in squalor on reservations hidden from the public and receive zero government support.

New Zealand and Australia’s governments try to silence the Aborginal populations: jailing them, depriving them of life’s basics and always pointing them out as society’s dregs. The average population [white people] support their government’s stance and see no wrongdoing in stereotyping the natives.

I guess it’s the usual white man behaviour when he colonizes a land. It happened in India, here in Nigeria, happening in South Africa and it’s a way of life in those developed lands.
New Zealand does no such thing. You can check up the history of the country and the Maori tribe in particular.

Australia is the worst among the three (Canada, USA, Australia) in this regard. "Adopting" children of the aborigines to give them a better life among other "reforms" was common practice at one point.

@ the OP. So it is, but things are changing. If it's for the better or worse is up to the natives to decide.

1 Like

Re: I Heard Canada Does Not Treat Native Americans Well by Ilamina(f): 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
I don't find native Americans cute tongue
Re: I Heard Canada Does Not Treat Native Americans Well by Funnyman: 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2018
meobizy:

I think you need to read more about the indigenous people of New Zealand (aka Maori people). They have it best among native people whose lands were colonised by Europeans. In fact both whites and Maori people are collectively refer to as Kiwis, so no discrimination and they are well assimilated into the society unlike what obtains in US, Canada and Australia.

USA is the next best country when it comes to native people. They are not doing too bad and are well assimilated into American society in some states like Hawaii, Alaska, Arkansas, Mississippi, North Dakota and South Dakota.

In Canada, the government is not really doing enough to improve their standards of living or assimilate them into the society but they still have it better than indigenous people of Australia (Aborigines). Australia is the worst place to be an Aborigines, even in 2018, things are still not looking good for them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Outfit Ghanaian President, Nana Akufo-addo Wore To An Event (picture) / We Need Bridges And High Speed Trains In Africa, Not planes / See How Cyclone Idia Takes Over Mozambique ,let's Pray For Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.