Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives (9732 Views)

How Umahi Deceived Tinubu On 700km Coastal Highway Road / Governors Wike, Seyi Makinde, Ortom, Ishaku Are All Muslim-Haters - MURIC / How Umahi, Other SE PDP Governors Worked Against Obi VP Race In 2019. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by BankeSmalls(f): 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
Justinlean02:
Aside from building federal assisted projects and giving the front entrance of both the govt house and police headquarters a new look, what then has he done expect levy heavy tax on the people

Liar
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by Grupo(m): 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
Justinlean02:
I was in Ebonyi from 2008, I practically watched this state evolve politically from Sam Egwu down to Umahi...

Okay. It seems you only reside in the capital.

I have been to virtually all the nooks and crannies of Ebonyi state and I stand to tell you that no governor has ever done what Dave did in Ebonyi state.
For eight years, the only thing that Elechi did was to build "unity bridges". All the roads in the state were left in a deplorable state.

Today, the abakaliki afikpo road is motorable, a road that was abandoned for more than 10 years. Today, all the villages have access roads linking them to the state capital.

Also, Dave pays salaries and pensions promptly even though we admit that the amount is nothing to write home about. Buy at least, he is paying. We have not heard civil servants going on strike due to non payment of salary.

As for levies and taxes, what is obtainable in ebonyi can also be found in other states. In Anambra for instance, Obiano just started taxing citizens who use generators. Sounds ridiculous right? The government wouldn't provide you power, then you buy your own generator and they tax you for using it.

To me, Dave has tried for the state and even if he doesn't campaign in 2019, I don't see him losing.

Note: I am not a politician, I'm just a neutral observer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by nnachukz(m): 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
Justinlean02:
I was in Ebonyi from 2008, I practically watched this state evolve politically from Sam Egwu down to Umahi...
Do you know that on Friday 16/11/2018 the NFF secretary came to Abakaliki Township Stadium for a facility tour. He was amazed at the development he saw in the State.
For the 3000 capacity Stadium he said "With what I have seen on ground here, very soon this stadium will begin to host National and International tournaments involving our National clubs and the our National teams". Truly I appreciate the governor for doing that which he was elected to do.
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by Justinlean02(m): 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
nnachukz:
The pull him down group, they will not appreciate any effort made to enhance any sector of the State. Give them chance to govern, it will be like what APC is doing in Abuja today.
If only you can see how much I hated Politics esp the ones practiced in Africa, I worked and helped get this man into power he had a vision but as all politicians a friend warned abt how this man was sharing money and food stuff to the whole of the state that's why people like you think he's worked his part in the state I know this man more than you'll ever know him from the news
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by Justinlean02(m): 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
nnachukz:
Do you know that on Friday 16/11/2018 the NFF secretary came to Abakaliki Township Stadium for a facility tour. He was amazed at the development he saw in the State.
For the 3000 capacity Stadium he said "With what I have seen on ground here, very soon this stadium will begin to host National and International tournaments involving our National clubs and the our National teams". Truly I appreciate the governor for doing that which he was elected to do.
Believe me I'm not a hater of this man, he's just a smart politician too smart for the state he's handling
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by mabea: 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2018
Justinlean02:
Stop spewing lies. You may not like him but he remains the best governor ebonyi ever had.
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by nnachukz(m): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
Justinlean02:
If only you can see how much I hated Politics esp the ones practiced in Africa, I worked and helped get this man into power he had a vision but as all politicians a friend warned abt how this man was sharing money and food stuff to the whole of the state that's why people like you think he's worked his part in the state I know this man more than you'll ever know him from the news
I don't know what he shared and is still sharing for whatever motive. I hated him initially because he seemed to have overlooked my Area in infrastructural development because he felt we didn't support him enough during the election, so I thought, which may or may not be correct. But that doesn't mean I will deny seeing what he has been doing across the State. I appreciate it and will vote him this time around. I didn't trust him the other time and so did not vote for him.
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by Justinlean02(m): 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2018
Grupo:

Okay. It seems you only reside in the capital.

I have been to virtually all the nooks and crannies of Ebonyi state and I stand to tell you that no governor has ever done what Dave did in Ebonyi state.
For eight years, the only thing that Elechi did was to build "unity bridges". All the roads in the state were left in a deplorable state.

Today, the abakaliki afikpo road is motorable, a road that was abandoned for more than 10 years. Today, all the villages have access roads linking them to the state capital.

Also, Dave pays salaries and pensions promptly even though we admit that the amount is nothing to write home about. Buy at least, he is paying. We have not heard civil servants going on strike due to non payment of salary.

As for levies and taxes, what is obtainable in ebonyi can also be found in other states. In Anambra for instance, Obiano just started taxing citizens who use generators. Sounds ridiculous right? The government wouldn't provide you power, then you buy your own generator and they tax you for using it.

To me, Dave has tried for the state and even if he doesn't campaign in 2019, I don't see him losing.

Note: I am not a politician, I'm just a neutral observer.
well you've got a solid point here...
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by igwefivestar(m): 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
Grupo:

How do the people there feel about him?
We wish he become our next President.
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by spirul77: 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2018
haha, 'silently ',.I lost interest immediately I saw okowa, another transformational machine that is missing here is oga Bella, Bello is the 'silentest' worker.
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
Mowoe:

By past two you must mean Uduaghan and Uduaghan, cos you definitely cannot be talking about Ibori.

Las Las, list the achievements lemme know them or are the achievements audio achievements like Buhari's own?

Next time don't mention me if you haven't taken your medicine.

Which Okowa are we talking about here The worst governor in the entire cosmos.
The name Okowa shock me o.
With the inclusion of Okowa's name, I now know that the award is financially induced.

1 Like

Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by Jlow2: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
Grupo:

How do the people there feel about him?
he has fustrated all the businesses in ebonyi state with his dubious taxation, an average ebonyan can not pay rent of 500k per annum for a shop, and you want the demolish the ones dey have and force them to buy forms for international market at 2.5m per shop, miners, stone crushers, gas stations, hotels, many has closed down, imagine tellin sumone to register as a buyer of minerals with 700k, then pay anoda 1m per truck again as tax(haulage fee) its just lyk tellin sumone dat goes to buy cows in the north to register with state govt as a buyer of cows with 700k,as mineral buyers in the north you only pay arnd 70k for revenue per truck , no 700k registrations fraud or 1million naira (haulage tax) UMAHI IS A FRAUDSTAR

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by Josh44s(m): 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
MVLOX:
abeg which Okowa?

Help me ask them. Useless people
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by Deltatoto: 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
Mowoe:

By past two you must mean Uduaghan and Uduaghan, cos you definitely cannot be talking about Ibori.

Las Las, list the achievements lemme know them or are the achievements audio achievements like Buhari's own?

Next time don't mention me if you haven't taken your medicine.

Which Okowa are we talking about here The worst governor in the entire cosmos.
are my uk govt that threw ur father the thief ibori into jail or r my Efcc?uduaghan performed better than ibori.i don’t have time to argue with u as I no u must be an average urhobo thief.quote me every urhobo man is a thief.
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by Magabush1(m): 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
Bros, you need special prayers to say Okowa has performed better than the 2 past governors. Okowa is a disaster waiting to occur. Worst governor in Nigeria since 2015.infact, that nigga has spent almost 4 YeaTs sharing money and not governing the state.
Deltatoto:
shut up he has performed better that the two past govs
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by Deltatoto: 2:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
Magabush1:
Bros, you need special prayers to say Okowa has performed better than the 2 past governors. Okowa is a disaster waiting to occur. Worst governor in Nigeria since 2015.infact, that nigga has spent almost 4 YeaTs sharing money and not governing the state.
sharing to who?im part of his Govt.who did he share to?can his speaker compare with ibori or uduaghan speaker.is agas half as rich as Macaulay,who did he share to.d stadium d two past govs couldn’t attend to now hosts world tournament today.d airport unit did was downgraded okowa came and upgraded it.tell me d thgs ibori did other than dividing the state by building two govt houses.where else in Nigeria do we have that?abeg u ppl should calm down okowa has just done 3yrs
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by praise8: 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
Umahi of Ebonyi state is really doing well especially in the area of infrastructure. Watch this
http://chiomaokpara.com/what-they-said-about-ebonyi-state-governor/
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by Cillacreamy: 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2018
[quote author=nnachukz post=73077508] This is how you stay in your room and type trash. People here feels very okay with him despite of all the effort APC is making to de-market him to the people. APC won't do well in various States but will be working very hard to pull down any performing Governor with so much lies and hate speaches.
Come to the State Capital and all senatorial districts, you won't believe how the state is gradually transforming.[/quote
U are the one who needs to shut up. Just cuz he's transforming the state infrastructure wise doesn't mean he's doing well. People are suffering, civil servants salary have been slashed and d educational sector, esp d law students are suffering. So don't come here and type rubbish, I'm entitled to my opinion, animal! ]
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by Chikpat(m): 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
[quote author=Babygiwa post=73075437][/quote]

PDP apologetic.

Foolishness is the food of sycophancy
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by richard16(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
Okowa is the worst governor ever in delta state
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by nnachukz(m): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
[quote author=Cillacreamy post=73080874][/quote]
Did I tell you to shut up? You even used animal here and you think it is right? Which sector isn't suffering in Nigeria today? Thank God you admitted he has been transforming the State infrastructure wise. I will vote him for that, if you don't like hit your head on the school pavement. Do you know how much was school fees in the same during Elechi's tenure? Yet nothing to show infrastructure wise or in any area. Keep boiling in anger thinking you are hurting me.
Re: How Umahi, Masari, Ugwuanyi, Okowa, Ishaku Are Transforming Lives by DRPMJ(m): 5:43pm On Nov 18, 2018
Masari!!!
Even the devil will be surprised

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apapa, Tin-Can Ports Operating Beyond Capacity / Naira Woes: APC Is The Problem Of Nigeria / APGA Never Endorsed Buhari, Maintains Strong Alliance With Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.