Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi (25007 Views)

Real Madrid ‘lining Up Shock Transfer Bid’ For Chelsea Midfielder John Obi Mikel / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Hopar: 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2010
Comparin mikel and messi is like comparin an eagle to a chicken. They are both birds but d chicken being somehow useless and weak. Mikel here being d chicken and messi d eagle.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by bashydemy(m): 11:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
Well if we have to agree he made the mistake in the first place but i am happy for him cos he is doing fine in Chelsea but comparing Mikel to Fletcher i believe a numskull will never even think twice to pick Fletcher and also Anderson they sign but player same year if am right and they both meet at the Champions League and FA league final Anderson won the best trophy in the world then and Mikel won FA and Anderson went back to win the world club cup so it aint easy comparing Mikel to Anderson and Fletcher they are far from each other
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by hackney(m): 11:46pm On Aug 03, 2010
[size=28pt]Comparing who with who? ?

una dey craze.[/size]
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by HarryPotter1(m): 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2010
@dipo2much wether u like it or not its a Go Go for Mikel and their is nothing more than dat.at least Mikel is one of the Nigerian players making us and Africans proud.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by dextype: 12:05am On Aug 04, 2010
I don't know the reason people keep mixing issues up. Virtually someone just called Fergie a racist. If African players were that fantastic why did they not reach the semi of the just concluded so called African WC?
Instead you will be drawing attention to under performing African players! Apart from samuel etoo, which other Cameroon player can you call world class-NONE! angry
Man Utd is not a club where you can just keep experimenting players, or do you expect Manucho to bench Berba and Owen; or even Rooney smiley Man u is a world class club with world class expectations.
Please stop comparing Fletcher and Fabregas with Mikel, they are not on the same frequencies, if you want, go and ask Milan about Fletch and Fab! These ones are special o! Mikel is now as useless as any championship midfielder now he's just hidding under the name of Chelsea or do you think any top club will ever consider Obi for any good reason again?
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by shellicon(m): 12:11am On Aug 04, 2010
Pls leave mikel alone he is d best player Nigeria have for now
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by 12large: 1:01am On Aug 04, 2010
SHEILICON YOU ARE A DISGRACE SON OF A COW, A VERY STUPID slowpoke. MAKE THUNDER STRIKE YOUR FAMILY. MIKEL IS WHOS BEST PLAYER ABEG NO MAKE ME SLAP YOUR STUPID MOUTH. A PLAYER THAT HAS PLAYED 200 GAMES AND NO GOAL OR SHOT ON TARGET IS nigeria best useless humanbeing
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by mamagee3(f): 1:45am On Aug 04, 2010
Lionel Messi is the most overrated player in the world.

He can't even take accurate shots or head with precision.

I personally think he's an average player.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by chelseabmw(m): 1:47am On Aug 04, 2010
Messi is a world class player.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by chelseabmw(m): 1:50am On Aug 04, 2010
12large:

SHEILICON YOU ARE A DISGRACE SON OF A COW, A VERY silly slowpoke. MAKE THUNDER STRIKE YOUR FAMILY. MIKEL IS WHOS BEST PLAYER ABEG NO MAKE ME SLAP YOUR silly MOUTH. A PLAYER THAT HAS PLAYED 200 GAMES AND NO GOAL OR SHOT ON TARGET IS nigeria best useless humanbeing

Guy i nor understand u.Na ur fellow brother u dey insult like this?Wetin e do u now?

So nobody has right to comment on NL.Wonders shall never end
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by chelseabmw(m): 1:52am On Aug 04, 2010
Harry Potter:

@dipo2much wether u like it or not its a Go Go for Mikel and their is nothing more than dat.at least Mikel is one of the Nigerian players making us and Africans proud.

Abi oooooo
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Smi1(m): 2:35am On Aug 04, 2010
We Nigerians and Africans should start appreciating what belong to us and let's stop the tribalism and hatred. in my own opinion Messi was lucky to have won many awards and trophies because he had extra ordinary mid-fielders player around him while the case of mikel is not like that, Mikel has more potentials than messi but is in the wrong club that play ultra defensive tactic too bad, for now Mikel is the best nigeria player doing us great outside the africa continent so you lower life haters can go get laid
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 04, 2010
see the perfect reason Nigeria will always slide backwards,poor mikel is a millionaire,won 6 trophies with chelsea and plays regularly at chelsea and still yet some fools who probably had guguru and garri for breakfast are busy comparing him to everyone alive,go and find job to do
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by mamagee3(f): 2:41am On Aug 04, 2010
chelseabmw:

Messi is a world class player.
More like an overrated world Class player.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by kabukabu(m): 3:26am On Aug 04, 2010
Messi fanboys all over the place,why is this even on the front page, take it to the sports section.
didn't we just watch a world cup where he failed to score one goal shocked shocked shocked.

some of you messi fanboys need to buy your messi pajamas and boxers,wear your messi face cap and sleep in your messi matress, grown men fawning over some foreign teenager, you guys must have homo, tendencies.

some of you want to spend a weekend with messi
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by 12large: 3:41am On Aug 04, 2010
kai person say mikel has more potential than messi oboy there is nothing we cannot see here a player wey play 250 games ordinary one shot on target or 1goal he no score na messi he won compare himself to. seriously i just finished watching inter vs panatinikos and there is another player called chkwuma obi, that guy is already better than obi mikel we need him in eagles asap
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by OOLUSOGA(m): 3:51am On Aug 04, 2010
This is an interesting article. I love it. not only in soccer. but in ones life. when you discover that your dream is becoming deeming you should take a quick action of change. if mikel has changed is decision then he will have been better for him so this applies to every body be wise, be smart.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by eniozed(m): 4:12am On Aug 04, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.Na evry bodi no say messi sabi pass mikel.esample messi na first 11 him dey for barca but mikel still dey fight for jersey for chelsea.abeg no dey compare them two.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Ranoscky(m): 4:22am On Aug 04, 2010
It's lyk comparin sleep to death!
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by benlay(m): 4:25am On Aug 04, 2010
uno get work, mikel wey dey do back pass all the time, go do volunteer work instead of posting here, teeuor!
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Akosbaba(m): 5:13am On Aug 04, 2010
I don't know why u guys are criticising the post,for anybody with brains,this lesson learnt from the post goes beyond football.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by adim2(m): 5:45am On Aug 04, 2010
one funny thing in life is that the grass always seems greener at the other side. We are here saying if Mikel had gone to Man U, this would have happen (earn more money, win awards) but we did not also consider, that had he gone to Man U, he would have not been playing regularly, he might have a wage cut etc. I hate comparism in life most especially when it is a destructive comparism. Our analyst had only brought about just one WYC and he is kind of blabbing. What happened to the past WYC and the present ones? Why don't we appreciate what we have. it is only in nigeria that an American boy will come and influence us and we learn how to speak oyibo by force. mind u Mr analyst Messi grew from Barca's youth team and he was not signed. At least compare other past Nigeria wey don win world best and leave Mikel alone. he has made his choice and he is not regretting it, so why are we regretting it for him. Mikel has his life to leave. allow the boy to run on his pace and not another man's own
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by bashydemy(m): 6:45am On Aug 04, 2010
adim2:

one funny thing in life is that the grass always seems greener at the other side. We are here saying if Mikel had gone to Man U, this would have happen (earn more money, win awards) but we did not also consider, that had he gone to Man U, he would have not been playing regularly, he might have a wage cut etc. I hate comparism in life most especially when it is a destructive comparism. Our analyst had only brought about just one WYC and he is kind of blabbing. What happened to the past WYC and the present ones? Why don't we appreciate what we have. it is only in nigeria that an American boy will come and influence us and we learn how to speak oyibo by force. mind u Mr analyst Messi grew from Barca's youth team and he was not signed. At least compare other past Nigeria wey don win world best and leave Mikel alone. he has made his choice and he is not regretting it, so why are we regretting it for him. Mikel has his life to leave. allow the boy to run on his pace and not another man's own
adim2:

Well i bet you if Mikel has gone to Man U he might have been one of the best player cos then there wont be need of signing Anderson and he will have regular shirt depend on how he play, i am very sure Fergie will never play Paul scholes ahead of Mikel cos he is a talented young player and have the ability to hold and distribute passes but wasting his talent in Chelsea though he is happy there and not complaining no problem with that but i believe if he had made a better choice himself not what his Agent or parent made for him he would have gone far.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Ranoscky(m): 6:57am On Aug 04, 2010
^
Orie pe!
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 04, 2010
@ Harry potter : Now I know why you are called Harry potter , how can you compare Mikel with Messi , you must be taking a lot of pot
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by knice(m): 8:09am On Aug 04, 2010
[b]Some people reason anyhow? what is the aim of starting this tread. Any player who comes to chelsea, plays on a steady basis is a world class player. Mikel is a world class. Being commended by all the 5 coaches that has worked with him is a honour. Mikel is a fantastic talent. Someone talking about not joining Man UTD; who loves racism? How many African players have they groomed or have played on the steady basis for them or in their present squad. Aside, his personal decision supercedes that of any other interest whether I million interest or 1 biillion interest. He has the freedom to choose 100%. Someone says Anserson is a better player, but he has been warming the bench all along.I remembers when my friends told me Fabregas is far better than Mikel. I left the issue on the d-day when they will meet Chelsea. After the match, they still confessed Mikel displaced him altogether in the midfield and Chelsea won comfortably. Only thing I have with him is that he should move forward more and score goals.[/b]
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Dotman01(m): 8:43am On Aug 04, 2010
Mikel plays has a defensive midfielder, i think thats the main reason he's nt been scorin goals and again how many has anderson scored?. . . . . And to those complainin about mikel nt playing 4 man u, did fergie give pique any chance to prove his worth?. . . . NO. . . . Its all because ferdinand is an english player. So do u think mikel would av bin allowed to show his talents in a midfield where scholes (anoda english player ) is? . Everyone knws fergie is bias wen it comes british players. . . At least dat was wat cost him the champions league trophy against barca wen he played giggs frm d start.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 04, 2010
GUYZ YOU CANT COMPARE MESSI AND MIKEL, UNA NO DEY WATCH FOOTBALL OR ARE YOUR TVS UPSIDE DOWN, MESSI IS  FAR FAR FAR FAR MORE BETTER THEN MIKEL IN THE GAME OF SOCCER, FINAL JUDGMENT,

CASE CLOSED
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by ogazi007(m): 9:06am On Aug 04, 2010
Messi Messi!
The boi is bless,he is currently with barca squad in the Asia preseason tour,Barca will be playing with k-league all stars today and the coach(Pep) has insisted that messi is not fully fit and he will not risk him to take part in today's game,even when Barca had entered into an agreement to pay a fine of 200,000 euros should he messi not play atleast 30mins in the game.the boi is the reason why most people watch footie.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by princekevo(m): 9:09am On Aug 04, 2010
What a comparison? LOl, Nigerians will never stop being funny. Here we are again trying to compare Messi who is at the peak of his career with Mikel whom his career has already ended. It is time he start eyeing for Quater clubs to finish his career.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by kemisuga(f): 9:20am On Aug 04, 2010
Who dash monkey banana. angry angry angry
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by annie7(m): 9:53am On Aug 04, 2010
Many ppl on this forum that are making comment against mikel are either man u or arsenal fan.They don't want to hear anything about chelsea or near chelsae.But as a matter of fact, mikel obi is the only nigerian for the past 4,5 years now that is playing topligth football. Playing alongside world class players the like lampard,terry,deco,ballak,drogba,alex,jo cole, ashley cole, essien,shevy,calvaho, pls name it,
And this guy is still playing regularly despite the pressence of world class mildfilder like ballack,essien,deco,lampard.
Pl's ppl lets forget sentiments and lets forge ahead. Mikel still remains nigeria hero. When ballack was coming to chelsea many ppl were saying mikel will seat on the bench throughout his playing days in chelsea, they were of the notion that no manager can beench either lampard,essien ,ballack or deco for mikel but we all see what happened.
Anyway i will leave the remaining story for haters of mikel and chelsea to find.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Photos Of Footballer, Asisat Oshoala / Equatorial Guinea Vs Guinea: AFCON 2023 Round-of-16 (0 - 1) On 28th January 2023 / Nigeria VS Gambia: Women's Cup Of Nations Qualifiers - 1 - 0 (Full-Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.