Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:30 AM

John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi (25269 Views)

Real Madrid ‘lining Up Shock Transfer Bid’ For Chelsea Midfielder John Obi Mikel / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Ignatio(m): 10:06am On Aug 04, 2010
Some people are still angry that Mikel joined Chelsea. Poster sounds like a Man U fan.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by annie7(m): 10:20am On Aug 04, 2010
Man U fan i hail una oooo, the biggest haters i ve ever seen, the poster is a man u fan forsure. I bet u, had it been mikel went to man u in the 1st place, by now he would ve been playing in turkey or qatar were u will not know the name of the club he's playing for. Where are the likes of saha & manucho. Saha played his heart for man u with talent and skills, yet fergie still did not appreciate him, keeps the guy on bench,. Even when the guy comes from bench, he still performs excellently. I can't advice any black player to play in man u because they will ruine his carrier.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by ddippset(m): 10:26am On Aug 04, 2010
mama-gee:

Lionel Messi is the most overrated player in the world.

He can't even take accurate shots or head with precision.

I personally think he's an average player.

there you go again GRAND MAMA HEE, or is it GEE. y do u keep blaspheming. ure really making fun of urself. messi OVERRATED?? CANT TAKE ACCURATE SHOTS?? what u been smoking girl or sucking girl? or mama rather.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by haboosa(m): 10:29am On Aug 04, 2010
he can also become  a great player if he have enough playing tym and let him improve his shooting skills and he will make name for himself too
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by ddippset(m): 10:30am On Aug 04, 2010
kabukabu:

Messi fanboys all over the place,why is this even on the front page, take it to the sports section.
didn't we just watch a world cup where he failed to score one goal shocked shocked shocked.

some of you messi fanboys need to buy your messi pajamas and boxers,wear your messi face cap and sleep in your messi matress, grown men fawning over some foreign teenager, you guys must have homo, tendencies.

some of you want to spend a weekend with messi
 yeah thats right, yakubu did score one. he should be the world player of the yeah!  lame talking.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by mrkoma2012: 10:30am On Aug 04, 2010
@poster it like you comparing a fiat punto with a buggati veyron, during the accliamed championship both players appeared in messi was hands down a better all round performer
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by ddippset(m): 10:38am On Aug 04, 2010
lionel messi is not diego maradona but he is the diego maradona of our generation.( if you are over 30 pls do not comment). YOU HAVE TO BE A MARADONA OR A MESSI TO BEAT 6 PLAYERS AND SCORE ALL THE WAY FROM YOUR OWN HALF!( ask england,ask getafe). i dont mean do a 100M sprint with the ball (like some impersonating players would do) but real DRIBBLES!
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by annie7(m): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2010
Accepted messi is the best player in the world now and possibly the greatest behind maradona and pele.
What will you say about a raining world best player that played in fifa 2010 worldcup without scoring a single goal.
And one stupid haters is saying mikel played 250 games and did not score some number of goals,mikel is a mildfilder. How about a striker, world best for that matter that can't a score in worldcup, i'm not comparing messi with mikel here,messi is far  ahead of mikel now but lets try and base our argument on some points
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by bankylan: 10:44am On Aug 04, 2010
This article is shallow I am sorry to say, I wonder what the writer has achieved in his career, Nigeria has not even heard of you, Mikel is known all over the world, He is rich and happy playing in Chelsea, his family is better off today, What else will he ask for in life? How many Nigerian players are playing top flight football today?, Please lets leave this guy alone, He is an achiever, I thank God for his life, and I pray for the same grace upon my life too.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by oweniwe(m): 10:44am On Aug 04, 2010
The guy who started this thread and those against mikel are bunch of idiots with cockroach brain. Without iniester, and xavi or any good holding/central midfielders, messi is USELESS. Mikel is a player that stand out irrespective of whom he's playing with. Mikel is a holding midfielder while messi a striker. If you compare a striker with a striker, ok. Like asking who's better between eto'o and ibramovic or whose better btw Drogba and roony or who's better btw puyol and ashley cole. But comparing a striker with a holding midfielder is plain STUPID. Man utd can't win matches if their key players are injured but Chelsea win can do without any player. If Messi were playing in England, he would have expired long ago coz he's not rugged.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by mochafella(m): 10:48am On Aug 04, 2010
annie7:

Man U fan i hail una oooo, the biggest haters i ve ever seen, the poster is a man u fan forsure. I bet u, had it been mikel went to man u in the 1st place, by now he would ve been playing in turkey or qatar were u will not know the name of the club he's playing for. Where are the likes of saha & manucho. Saha played his heart for man u with talent and skills, yet fergie still did not appreciate him, keeps the guy on bench,. Even when the guy comes from bench, he still performs excellently. I can't advice any black player to play in man u because they will ruine his carrier.

Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke will probably disagree about ManU ruining black players.

I think the disappointment some Nigerians feel is due to high expectations. It seemed for a while that he was Okocha's heir-apparent in the Super Eagles, especially after the 2005 WYC and the game against Zimbabwe at the Nations cup. Needless to say it time to stop wishing he will re-emerge as an attacking midfielder and see him as the defensive midfielder he has become.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by solo1ng1: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2010
@poster,

I hope you are not a sport analyst, 'cos the problem with u Nigerian sport writer is lack of knownledge, inability to do research and statistical data analysis,
Gudjonson was in Barca when messi won all those trophy, how many playing time those he had in all, is he anywhere near mikel, can you rate Anderson over Mikel, how many game has Anderson played for Manutd and he even planned to leave now,
Mikel will always remain relevant in chelsea squad no matter how fit essien is, have u forgotten that coaches even prefer to use essein on the right side of midfield to attack?
What has Fabregas achived in arsenal,
You are clueless,
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by ddippset(m): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2010
oweniwe:

The guy who started this thread and those against mikel are bunch of idiots with cockroach brain. Without iniester, and xavi or any good holding/central midfielders, messi is USELESS. Mikel is a player that stand out irrespective of whom he's playing with. Mikel is a holding midfielder while messi a striker. If you compare a striker with a striker, ok. Like asking who's better between eto'o and ibramovic or whose better btw Drogba and roony or who's better btw puyol and ashley cole. But comparing a striker with a holding midfielder is plain silly. Man utd can't win matches if their key players are injured but Chelsea win can do without any player. If Messi were playing in England, he would have expired long ago coz he's not rugged.
hey mr numbskull, so how many goals were xavi and iniesta able to make 4 spain without messi? messi's greatness is not 4 hios goals but 4 his dribbling ability prick!
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by annie7(m): 11:18am On Aug 04, 2010
@Solo1ng thanks for that comments, many nigerians don't appreciate what they have. I don't know why they hate dis guy and chelsea, they always compare messi with mikel in terms of achivement.why not compare fabregas with messi, what has fabregas with all his skills achieve,when we are talking abt lifting trophies fabregas is not enjoying that at all.Their is competition in chelsea team, you will ve to fight for shirt. Why is fabregas having a second thought about going to barca, he knows there is competition in the team. Not like arsenal where is been over rated.
The 2010 fifa worldcup has thought Fabregas a lesson,fab go to barca and sit on the bench, that's the lesson the worldcup thought fabregas.In the mildst of world players, world mildfilders mikel is still playing regularly excluding when he was injured late last season.
Mikel obi is the best thing that has happen to nigeria (as drogba is the best thing that has happen to ivory coast,as eto is the best thing that has happen to cameroon,as essien is the best thing that has happen to ghana,as some players in africa are the best thing that has happen to thier country )etc
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by erastus75: 11:26am On Aug 04, 2010
Let me use this opportunity to ask these good-for-nothing fellas (12large, dextype, princekevo ,efoghorjos) some important questions. If not for the mere fact that, I was banned from making comments the last time I got angry because of some silling people here.

My questions goes thus, What have u silly scums achieved in life compared to Mikel has can feed your lineage yet unborn and those your mates in school, are you with the same level with them? Trust me, most of them are far above you and like one guy stated here, your parent will prefer Mikel you lazy bones.

Had it being that, you were so busy using your time to think of  better ways to improve your livelihood and those of your loved ones, you will not have commented those things you wrote.

Mikel is making money per seconds per seconds and you old men sitting down in a public cafe making useless comment and if i may ask, what position is Messi playing and Mikel Playing? Messi is an attacking player having quality midfielders to provide him quality passes and Mikel is playing deep in the midfield.

There is something fundamentally wrong with your youth, use your time well for Mikel is using his well
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by ddippset(m): 11:28am On Aug 04, 2010
yall keep talking xavi and iniesta and shit. for instance iniesta was injured most off last season YET,  there is no footballer today born of a woman with as much personal dribbling ability as messi. prove me wrong and i stand to be corrected. however even if u are maradona, pele, platini, torress, drogba, whoever, u can never be world player of the year without good mid fielders and defenders. in the world cup messi shone above all the big stars. I INSIST THE REASON HE DIDNT SCORE WAS THAT HE PLAYED IN THE MID FIELD. GO AND SEE ARGENTINA'S GAMES AGAIN, HE directly  CREATED 6 OUT OF THEIR 10 GOALS.(if u still insist that he flopped,  good. then rooney and ronaldo flopped 10x) iam done talking.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by solo1ng1: 11:33am On Aug 04, 2010
annie7:

@Solo1ng thanks for that comments, many nigerians don't appreciate what they have. I don't know why they hate dis guy and chelsea, they always compare messi with mikel in terms of achivement.why not compare fabregas with messi, what has fabregas with all his skills achieve,when we are talking abt lifting trophies fabregas is not enjoying that at all.Their is competition in chelsea team, you will ve to fight for shirt. Why is fabregas having a second thought about going to barca, he knows there is competition in the team. Not like arsenal where is been over rated.
The 2010 fifa worldcup has thought Fabregas a lesson,fab go to barca and sit on the bench, that's the lesson the worldcup thought fabregas.In the mildst of world players, world mildfilders mikel is still playing regularly excluding when he was injured late last season.
Mikel obi is the best thing that has happen to nigeria (as drogba is the best thing that has happen to ivory coast,as eto is the best thing that has happen to cameroon,as essien is the best thing that has happen to ghana,as some players in africa are the best thing that has happen to thier country )etc
@ annie7,
No, u got it wrong grin cheesy grin, Mikel is the best thing that has happen to Chelsea, If not for him, when essien was down, he proved to all that he cam perform wonderfully in the holding midfield role even with stiff competition from ballak n he still remain relevant to nigeria n chelsea come injury come dishonour national call, we still have to go bck to him,
How could a sane man talk of mourinho ruining mikel’s career by converting him to holding midfielder? Would he have excelled in the attacking role with 20goals a season lampard? Even papa okocha no score that kain goal for him time.
Mind u, drogba was a defender before being converted to a striker…he is one of the best now…and lots of players like that switch role to excel.
As for essein benching mikel…not possible again…they either play together or interchange matches…note that essein is a great utility player…he can play anywhere from defence to midfield…
Make we leave talk jare…bad belle pple
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by ddippset(m): 11:42am On Aug 04, 2010
as far as the super eagles goes there is no adjectival phrase as best player. we could only have BEST WORST and WORST WORST player if u would excuse my language. our BEST WORST player is always VINCENT ENYEAMA. followed by OSAZE. the fact that MIKEL is the richest does not make him the BEST WORST. when i think of MIKEL OBI i remember UNPATRIOTISM and BACK PASSES.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by sley4life(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2010
There is no basis of comparison. Messi is far better than Mikel. Lets leave skills apart. Messi is more disciplined than Mikel. Messi is an ambassador in the world. Mikel is rude, telling our own sia1 to come to his bedroom to apologise. Mikel is a dru^nker. Personaly i see no reason for the basis of this topic
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2010
Its so unfortunate to imagine that some of us are so limited in terms of rationality. I ve been provoked with alot of silly coments here starting from the initiator of this baseless topic to the majority of some of us here that probabily are not sure of were their next meal 4d day will come from but find it so convinient as a result of poverty of both the mind and thought processes to condem a felow young nigerian who made a choice for himself and his doing well and all we do is sit infront of our outdated P.C's and post all maners of trash. Mikel and Messi dnt even play in the same position,so i wonder y d comparison. Most of u here are older than messi including the initiator of this post,if i may ask,WHAT VE U ACHIVED? ARE U IN FORBES MAGAZINE? DOES MESSI NOR MIKEL KNOW U EXIST?HOW MANY LIVES VE U IMPACTED ON POSITIVELY? Then face ur lives,dis guys are accomplished in their chosen fields! what about u? We are now nihilistic in our attitudes because of our stupid club affiliations which now becloud our sense of rationality and objectivity. We love those that are one of us and those that are not-we hate. What a dumb way of reasoning. Its a personal opinion,if u like reply with arrogance,it changes nothing, ABI U BE GOD?
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by solo1ng1: 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2010
sley4life:

There is no basis of comparison. Messi is far better than Mikel. Lets leave skills apart. Messi is more disciplined than Mikel. Messi is an ambassador in the world. Mikel is rude, telling our own sia1 to come to his bedroom to apologise. Mikel is a dru^nker. Personaly i see no reason for the basis of this topic

@sley4life,

Are you ok at all, u called mikel a drunker? how? what are you then? Tell me the best footballer that doest drink, smoke or flirt around, pls check the link below if you are still at ur cyber cafee, lol
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1299753/Wayne-Rooney-smoking-urinating-street-wonder-Manchester-United-hero-puff.html

He is more patriotic than our nigerian politician in the national assebly, governor, chairmen n even ex-preseident, or he steal money?
If you called him to play n he no come na by force? No be to play and collect match bonus? and the man said no, i don't need the money, i need chelsea, una dey complain, do you know sam okwaraji? what happened to his family after his death?
Football management in Nigeria is use n dumb…so don’t even blame mikel for not coming…it’s better not to come than to come n not perform…
Pls what’s ur profession? Do you excel above your pairs? Food for thought for you and other rubbish posters…
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by chidichris(m): 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2010
if anyone sees mikel as useless, that one is a never do well. if u look at the haters of mikel here, what u will see is envy, greed and jealous. show me any progressive in life that will say mikel is not doing well never.
manucho went to man u, played just one game and he was sent out on loan and was later sold. now diouf is on his way to briminham on loan while the much talked abt anderson will be used along 12 million pounds to bid for ozil and some less than idiots are here telling me that mikel made a mistake in dumping fergie and his 4 million for mourinho and his 16 million. who among u mikel haters have heard abt 16 million pounds in ur lineages?
well thinking ppl will ask how come mikel finished his first contract with chelsea and is in the second contract?
another idiot here(12large) keep on saying mikel never scored for chelsea and i always inform him that mikel has scored twice for chelsea but with his kind of brain, he can't learn.
God has place mikel well above his haters hence they talk in vain. by the way, what do u expect from all these under bridge boys?
mikel is everywhere making money. he did not play in south africa yet he collected some funds from mtn and pepsi for endorsements. samsung is always visiting the bank to bless his account. he is into another one with yobo and osaze for pepsi and one less previledged is here wasting his time comparing mikel with everybody.
i know the next poster is warming up by now and this time, it is going to be between mandela and mikel or mikel vs obama, what a shame.
there will never be a sports forum on nairaland without mikel's topic.
some shameless ones who brought shame to their generations here in the past have gone underground so these are new generation fools parading themselves here condeming a man blessed by God.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by angelsing(m): 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2010
I am man united fan,i stil think Mikel Obi wud ve been a better player at manu.wat i want u chelsea fans to do,is to always check players rating after each chelsea match nd u can tel hw wel is doing.if mikel picks up an injury in ur team u wil nt fil it as u wil fill the absence of Essien.Mikel is not an important player in chelsea,he is jst a squad player.let is performance rob off on our national team.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Smi1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2010
chidichris:

if anyone sees mikel as useless, that one is a never do well. if u look at the haters of mikel here, what u will see is envy, greed and jealous. show me any progressive in life that will say mikel is not doing well never.
manucho went to man u, played just one game and he was sent out on loan and was later sold. now diouf is on his way to briminham on loan while the much talked abt anderson will be used along 12 million pounds to bid for ozil and some less than idiots are here telling me that mikel made a mistake in dumping fergie and his 4 million for mourinho and his 16 million. who among u mikel haters have heard abt 16 million pounds in your lineages?
well thinking ppl will ask how come mikel finished his first contract with chelsea and is in the second contract?
another  here(12large) keep on saying mikel never scored for chelsea and i always inform him that mikel has scored twice for chelsea but with his kind of brain, he can't learn.
God has place mikel well above his haters hence they talk in vain. by the way, what do u expect from all these under bridge boys?
mikel is everywhere making money. he did not play in south africa yet he collected some funds from mtn and pepsi for endorsements. samsung is always visiting the bank to bless his account. he is into another one with yobo and osaze for pepsi and one less previledged is here wasting his time comparing mikel with everybody.
i know the next poster is warming up by now and this time, it is going to be between mandela and mikel or mikel vs obama, what a shame.

there will never be a sports forum on nairaland without mikel's topic.
some shameless ones who brought shame to their generations here in the past have gone underground so these are new generation fools parading themselves here condeming a man blessed by God.

Gbam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Smi1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2010
erastus75:

Let me use this opportunity to ask these good-for-nothing fellas (12large, dextype, princekevo ,efoghorjos) some important questions. If not for the mere fact that, I was banned from making comments the last time I got angry because of some silling people here.

My questions goes thus, What have u silly scums achieved in life compared to Mikel has can feed your lineage yet unborn and those your mates in school, are you with the same level with them? Trust me, most of them are far above you and like one guy stated here, your parent will prefer Mikel you lazy bones.

Had it being that, you were so busy using your time to think of  better ways to improve your livelihood and those of your loved ones, you will not have commented those things you wrote.

Mikel is making money per seconds per seconds and you old men sitting down in a public cafe making useless comment and if i may ask, what position is Messi playing and Mikel Playing? Messi is an attacking player having quality midfielders to provide him quality passes and Mikel is playing deep in the midfield.

There is something fundamentally wrong with your youth, use your time well for Mikel is using his well

Gbam !!
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Smi1(m): 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2010
princekevo:

What a comparison? LOl, Nigerians will never stop being funny. Here we are again trying to compare Messi who is at the peak of his career with Mikel whom his career has already ended. It is time he start eyeing for Quater clubs to finish his career.

at-least Mikel is more better than you and i'm sure your parents will prefer mikel more than you !! ewu goat ! you better stop hating.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by davidif: 3:03pm On Aug 04, 2010
THE THING ABOUT MIKEL IS THAT HE DEFINITELY POLARIZES OPINION, YOU CAN'T BE ON THE FENCE WHEN TALKING ABOUT HIM, YOU ARE EITHER FOR OR AGAINST HIM THAT'S WHY EVERYBODY SEEMS TO HAVE REALLY STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT HIM.

poster,
MIKEL AND MESSI BOTH WENT IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS IN THERE CAREER. ONE IS FASTLY BECOMING ONE OF THE BEST DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS IN THE WORLD WHILE THE OTHER IS THE BEST ATTACKING MIDFIELDER (AND IN FACT THE BEST  PLAYER IN THE WORLD).
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2010
Nigeria's best compared to Messi, I like it.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by ogazi007(m): 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2010
Messi played 15mins and scored 2 goals today.
Barca 5 K-League 1.
We thank God Xavi and Iniesta are still on vacation.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by bashydemy(m): 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2010
Messi is 10.000 miles far from Mikel
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by mamagee3(f): 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2010
All I hear is Messi! Messi! Messi!

Yet, I don't see what the noise and fuming is all about.

The World Cup just proved that overrated player can't do anything without Xavi and Iniesta.
Re: John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi by chyket(m): 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2010
Our greatest problem in this country is that we never celebrate anything Nigerian,i dont know any player in the Nigerian squad that has a better standing than John mikel Obi,in terms of club profile,playing time and renumeration.
The so called GREATS!!!MESSI COULDNT SCORE ANY GOAL IN THE WORLD CUP, ROONEY DIDNT SCORE ANY GOAL, RONALDO MANAGED TO SCORE A GOAL and here in nairaland somebody is telling me how great these guys are. Please let us try and celebrate youngmen like us who are legitimately trying to enhance the image of our country in a positive way.
regards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos / Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen / Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.