Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Tithe: Has It Been Cancelled By Jesus Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe: Has It Been Cancelled By Jesus Christ? (771 Views)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / 6 Laws Broken By Jesus Christ In The Bible / Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe: Has It Been Cancelled By Jesus Christ? by efoghorjos: 5:25am On Jul 26, 2010
The issue of paying tithes has become a thing of confusion and debate by different Christian denominations. Some see it as mandatory while others see it as exploitative and unbiblical. Some even believe that when it is paid, it goes into the pastor’s pocket; so they would rather keep their moneys than enrich the pastors.

What do you think about this subject? http://jossy-bible-life..com
Re: Tithe: Has It Been Cancelled By Jesus Christ? by KunleOshob(m): 7:35am On Jul 26, 2010
It most definitely has been cancelled, apart from the fact that christ brought the law to an end, tithing was never practised or taught to the new testament christians who were mandated by christ to establish the christian faith. Also note that the type of tithing being practised today is toitally different from biblical tithes which never included money. Tithing is preached and promoted today through a fraudulent and callous manipulation of biblical injunctions to the israelites.
Re: Tithe: Has It Been Cancelled By Jesus Christ? by ugo2u(m): 12:58am On Jul 28, 2010
ok, here we go again about tithes, seriously is it that hard to let go of 10% of whatever you earn for God? if it is then surely God isnt worth much to you. Now saying that Jesus abolished it is purely wrong and baseless, now let see what Jesus said, he said he hasnt come to abolish the prophets but to fulfill them, now tithe is inclusive in God's laws in the old testament well and good but lets look at the fact that Jesus summed up all the laws into two love God and love your neighbour, and tithe is a way to show God that you aint stingy and remember we reap what we sow, I myself have been guilty for eating tithes and guess what I lost my laptop, I got back on the tithing row (in a loose way, very loose) and a month later I got a brand new lappy 4 times better that the one I lost (I Prayed for that anyway) but the truth it tithers never go wrong. if you think its false then do this keep a list of the money you tithe on and see if your income doesnt increase in the most suprising of ways.

Bottom line is, its God's law to tithe, if Jesus abolished the Law therefore we are licensed to kill, steal, commit adultery and so on and so forth (600+ laws to break).

so tell me something: If you were God wont you respect the tither?
Re: Tithe: Has It Been Cancelled By Jesus Christ? by KunleOshob(m): 7:19am On Jul 28, 2010
God doesn't need or want your filthy tithes, human hands cannot serve his needs, God is no respecter of persons. It is simply a fraud to claim tithing is giving to God, you are NOT giving to God but to your church/pastor so stop using God's name to commit fraud.
Re: Tithe: Has It Been Cancelled By Jesus Christ? by Tonyet1(m): 7:56am On Jul 28, 2010
^^^ wink wink

(1) (Reply)

French Revolution In Our Churches: It Is Time! / The Value Of Prophecy / Why Are So Many Evangelical Christian Leaders Caught In Scandals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.