Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman (10485 Views)

Peter Obi Congratulates Solomon Arase On His Swearing-In As PSC Chairman / I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo / Top 5 Most Peaceful States In Nigeria By Politics Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by Babygiwa(f): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
Enugu is one of Nigeria’s most peaceful states, says Smith, PSC Chairman

…‘Ugwuanyi deserves credit for securing Enugu’

The Chairman of the Police Service Commission (PSC), Alhaji Musiliu Smith, on Monday, stated that Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State deserves credit for running the state in a progressive, people-oriented and security-conscious manner.

Alhaji Smith, who made the statement while delivering his keynote address at the opening ceremony of a four-day Management Retreat in Enugu, organized by the commission, appraised the peaceful and secure atmosphere of the state, saying that “we are in Enugu largely because Enugu is one of the most peaceful sates in the country”.

The former Inspector General of Police said it was gratifying to note that the governor has graciously supported “this Police Service Commission’s programmes, further confirming his commitment to robust government/police relations in the state, which obviously is to the benefit of people of Enugu and the Nigerian Police”.

He stated that his discussions with the Commissioner of Police, Enugu State Command, confirmed this and commended Governor Ugwuanyi for the partnership and commitment to the security of lives and property of the citizens.

In his words: “The Government of Enugu State, led by the Executive Governor, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, must be given credit for running the state in a progressive, people-oriented and security-conscious manner.

“It is gratifying to note that he has graciously supported this Police Service Commission. I must therefore, on behalf of the management and staff of the commission, commend and express our sincere gratitude to His Excellency, the government and people of Enugu State for this”

The PSC chairman disclosed that they were working on having an Electronic, all-inclusive data for the police that would aid in planning and programming adding that they were also engaging in wide spectrum of reforms for the police.

He averred that the present management of the commission inaugurated by the president on the 25th of July 2018, was alive to the need to approach the issue of policing strategically to obtain optimal results, adding that the essence of the retreat was to develop a three-year strategic plan as a compass in their quest to remodel the police force.

Declaring the retreat open, Gov. Ugwuanyi, who welcomed the Chairman, other members and staff of the commission to Enugu, reiterated that “the security of lives and property of our people as well as the maintenance of peace everywhere in the state have always been a cardinal policy of our administration”.

Gov. Ugwuanyi who was represented by his deputy, Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo, disclosed that his administration has consciously and consistently maintained a strategic and outstanding partnership with the Nigerian Police and other security agencies in the state.

“This, we are glad to say, has been most rewarding as Enugu State remains one of the safest, secure and most peaceful states in Nigeria today”, he sated, while reassuring the commission of the state government’s continued support, cooperation and assistance towards the successful performance of its duties. #amokelouis

http://revue.com.ng/enugu-is-one-of-nigerias-most-peaceful-states-says-smith-psc-chairman/

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by NwaAmaikpe: 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
shocked

God bless Enugu state.
A dozen years in Beverly Hills can't compare with just one night in Enugu.

Where will I be without my Enugu?
Where else will I eat mai-mai oka with akamu dawa?
Where will I eat okpa or taste abacha?
Where will I bath with ncha nkota?
Where else will I find pretty ladies who are not shallow?
I love you Enugu.

Shoutout to my Trans Ekulu peeps,
My Uwani peeps,
My New Haven peeps,
My Emene peeps,
My GRA peeps,
My Independence Layout peeps,
My Achara Layout peeps,
My Asata peeps,
My Ogui peeps,
My Zik Avenue peeps,
My Obiagu peeps,
My Coal Camp peeps,
My Abakpa peeps,
And to my peeps in every Ogbe I have skipped.

God bless you for Enugu.
God bless Enugu for you.
042••••••••••••••

194 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by NIGHTMARE0O7: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
shocked
Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by Naijawebmaster: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
I concur!

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by seunmohmoh(f): 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
I agree that Enugu is one of the safest states but OSUN is the safest in the whole Nigeria.

Ask osun people.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by sureteeboy(m): 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2018
Yeah. Enugu is a wonderful place (especially the state capital)

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by mcharles(m): 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2018
Sure...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by chrisifeanyi: 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

God bless Enugu state.

I love you Enugu.

My Uwani peeps,
My New Haven peeps,
My Emene peeps,
My GRA peeps,
My Achara Layout peeps,
My Asata peeps,
My Ogui peeps,
My Zik Avenue peeps,
My Coal Camp peeps,
My Abakpa peeps,

God bless you for Enugu.
God bless Enugu for you.
042••••••••••••••

So this guy bu onye Ogbe. Udo diri gi alobam

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by stano2(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
I watched the Next Level bullshit APC presented yesterday, they spent more time talking against opposition, more time was spent on those talking about the school feeding program which i have never come across happening in SS/SE.
It was a program without content, Fashola slept all through during Ameachi's presentation.
Amaechi kept on repeating the same thing about a project that has taken 3 years and yet not completed after the huge sum of money brought out for that.

Las Las APC na pure scam

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by Otunski: 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
Unlike Yeye Bello that has turned kogi state a save Heaven for criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by Okoyeebo: 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
This wawa Governor is plainly ridiculous.
Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by crestedaguiyi: 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
Na the only thing when we pass be that
Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by 4kDdullard: 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

God bless Enugu state.

I love you Enugu.

My Uwani peeps,
My New Haven peeps,
My Emene peeps,
My GRA peeps,
My Achara Layout peeps,
My Asata peeps,
My Ogui peeps,
My Zik Avenue peeps,
My Coal Camp peeps,
My Abakpa peeps,

God bless you for Enugu.
God bless Enugu for you.
042••••••••••••••
u forget Obiagwu? grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by Ttipsy(f): 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
Aiit
Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by Gboy101: 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2018
peaceful is understatement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by SmartToyota(m): 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2018
I totally agree.
Enugu, Anambra ✔

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by bitcoin215: 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by Chizzyjoyce(f): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

God bless Enugu state.

I love you Enugu.

My Uwani peeps,
My New Haven peeps,
My Emene peeps,
My GRA peeps,
My Achara Layout peeps,
My Asata peeps,
My Ogui peeps,
My Zik Avenue peeps,
My Obiagu peeps,
My Coal Camp peeps,
My Abakpa peeps,

God bless you for Enugu.
God bless Enugu for you.
042••••••••••••••

kiss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by lyntiffany(f): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2018
Missed my Home 042 Ebeano, ebeejedebelu na ebeebidoro.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by fanzine(f): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2018
Place of my birth,God bless Enugu . Rep 042 anywhere i go.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by Bolustical: 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2018
ok
Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
Enugu is in the hands of God.

The Federal Government should endeavour to rehabilitate Onitsha-Enugu Road, 9th Mile axis too (I dont know the name - towards Trans Ekulu) is bad and other Federal roads in that State. People that ply Abuja-Enugu road will know better.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by Homeboiy: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

God bless Enugu state. A dozen years in Beverly Hills can't compare with just one night in Enugu.
Where will I be without my Enugu? Where else will I eat mai-mai oka with akamu dawa? Where will I eat okpa or taste abacha? Where will I bath with ncha nkota? Where else will I find pretty ladies who are not shallow? I love you Enugu.
Shoutout to my Trans Ekulu peeps, My Uwani peeps, My New Haven peeps, My Emene peeps, My GRA peeps, My Independence Layout peeps, My Achara Layout peeps, My Asata peeps, My Ogui peeps, My Zik Avenue peeps, My Obiagu peeps, My Coal Camp peeps, My Abakpa peeps, And to my peeps in every Ogbe I have skipped.
God bless you for Enugu. God bless Enugu for you. 042••••••••••••••

Mpa iwegupu Nsk
Anyi bu Ndi otiti

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by ckenneths(m): 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2018
True

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by ckenneths(m): 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2018
True , only in Enugu

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by ckenneths(m): 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
True . The most peaceful, we love everyone here

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by ckenneths(m): 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
True..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman by ckenneths(m): 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

God bless Enugu state.

I love you Enugu.

My Uwani peeps,
My New Haven peeps,
My Emene peeps,
My GRA peeps,
My Achara Layout peeps,
My Asata peeps,
My Ogui peeps,
My Zik Avenue peeps,
My Obiagu peeps,
My Coal Camp peeps,
My Abakpa peeps,

God bless you for Enugu.
God bless Enugu for you.
042••••••••••••••

Bro, are you from Enugu ? I will be shocked if you are grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Face-me I Face-you Ajumobi Apartment Sahara Reporters Called Mansion / Sani Bello, Aregbesola Others Shine At Big 10 Democracy Heroes Award Africa / Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.